June Chat Thread -- Week 2 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 183 Old 06-11-2011, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimming-duck View Post

I think I'm officially a grumpy and hormonal mess. Blah - everything's making me cry. My DH is pissing me off left and right. I'm feeling very overwhelmed with my stupid house and how messy it is. And when it comes to fixing this problem I'm moving in slow motion and sometimes not at all. I'm tired and I want baby to come out so that I can begin the process of recovery as far as being able to move comfortably, but I don't want baby to come yet because my house looks like a disorganized junk pile and I would feel humiliated to have the midwife and her assistant here. greensad.gif I  want some chocolate.

I'm so sorry. greensad.gif For what it's worth I'm right there with you. Just had a huge fight with DH, overtired, pissed off, and generally stressing over how I'm going to deal with a newborn, a three year old, and a husband who refuses to help out with anything, ever, then plays the victim when I finally lose my patience with him. SO OVER IT. My house is a mess too, for the reasons described in the previous sentences.

gloomy.gif

Mama to a preschooler and a baby.

#62 of 183 Old 06-11-2011, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Lalalalala. So you know how I was all "Eh, I'm in no hurry, the baby can come whenever he wants"? Yeah, I'm so over that. DH and I did some natural induction techniques (ahem) last night, which produced a few lame contractions; I finally caved and inserted a capsule of EPO; and today I woke up going "Right, baby, today is the day". So we're about to go for a nice long walk (and take some pregnancy photos while we're out - hopefully just in time!).

I'm not sure if the baby's got the memo, but I feel like today would be a good day to give birth. No particular reason, except I'm kinda bored. :p And I'm sick of peering into the bushes for labour symptoms. This morning I was all "Aha! I have to poop! This must be my body clearing itself out for labour!"... until the remnants of my rational mind went "No, Smokering, this is digestion, you do it every day", and I went "Oh".

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#63 of 183 Old 06-11-2011, 06:20 PM

Oh, mamas, I am right there with all of you. I have been sliding downhill for the past few days. The hormones are making me crazy, I am having the hardest time ever chasing after my toddlers - who are growing more and more indignant by the minute - and I am SO SICK of prodromal labor!!!!

I try so hard to stay positive and happy, but it is getting harder and harder. I wish that I felt just a little bit better so that I could play with the kids. The combination of crappy weather and a mama in pain is making them so restless.

Smokering, I said the exact same thing to myself this morning about the poop! I have spent the majority of this pregnancy constipated so now that I can go, I keep thinking something must be up.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day. I think DH and I are having a mini-date and the farmer's market starts, so somethings to look forward to. I think I need more distractions!!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#64 of 183 Old 06-11-2011, 06:51 PM

I ate ice and cake almost everyday the last two weeks at least. Eat chocolate! I cried amd whined, was grumpy too. It is so hard at the end.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#65 of 183 Old 06-11-2011, 07:14 PM

I'm only a day past my EDD but it was a tipping point. I'm bummed, lonely and discouraged. I'm curious, on the edge and waiting. Late pregnancy is HARD. 

Something that I found great today was this little article. 

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43355884/ns/today-entertainment/

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#66 of 183 Old 06-11-2011, 07:44 PM

I am officially a Doctor of Pharmacy now.

Still no baby. Apparently my classmates were super-entertained by the idea that my water might break when I walked across the stage. I think that really only happens in the movies. I told them that if it happened I could get her diagnosed with Bad Timing Disease.

I hope she's not born tomorrow, since that's my mom's birthday, and my mom thinks it would be keen but I think it would really be better if kiddo had a different birthday.

I really think it would be better if she stays in there until my husband is finished grading exams and can help a little more with organizing the place. And until we manage to get rid of the couch and put the loveseat in. Maybe she knows this and is staying for these reasons?

WOHM to a girl jog.gif (6-11) and a new baby boy stork-boy.gif (2-14) and adjusting to the full-time life and husband being a SAHD. 
#67 of 183 Old 06-11-2011, 08:44 PM

Congrats Dr. Erigeron Mama!!!! What an accomplishment. Do you have a job lined up? The most interesting class I took in nursing school was an elective called 'the physiology of pharmacology' it was brilliant and made me think twice about my career path. I just knew I could never get through biochem, though, lol!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#68 of 183 Old 06-11-2011, 08:50 PM

HUGE Congrats Dr. Erigeron! That is so awesome that you were able to finish out school and walk at graduation! I think your baby is probably waiting until the loveseat is moved in before she makes her appearance. Babies are good like that.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#69 of 183 Old 06-11-2011, 10:41 PM

Caught myself saying to DH, in all seriousness, "This baby will not come until there is a couch in that room!"  Well, I'm sitting on the couch now, and no baby yet, heehee... but I'm pretty sure I've got a couple weeks yet here.  Did my last two client massages today, so now I have officially launched into Formless Waiting Time.  I don't think babe has even dropped yet, since it's still hard to breathe and such.  Everybody ahead of me, when does that happen?  I've forgotten everything about the first time around.  Baby drops, engages in pelvis, and that happens quite a bit before labor, right?  Oh, I suppose it's another one of those things that You Never Can Tell, and There's No Way Of Knowing until the Mysterious Birth Process unfolds itself.

Feeling rather cheeky about all this today.  Tired and uncomfortable, and sick of fending off comments about due dates and how huge I am and how hot it is and ooh, aren't I uncomfortable.  Well, no shit, yeah I'm uncomfortable, it's freaking hot and I have an extra person stuck on the front of me.  I've decided to just be rude to people and they can figure out why on their own.

Last night was up from 2:30-5 with the squirmiest baby ever, did some hip circles and stuff because I was worried about positioning.  Still hiccuping way down in my pelvic floor all day today though, so I guess head's still there.  Here's to hanging in there, everybody.  They'll all come out eventually...

lover of K partners.gif mom to S superhero.gifb.12/07  and C joy.gifb.6/11

#70 of 183 Old 06-11-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
I've forgotten everything about the first time around.  Baby drops, engages in pelvis, and that happens quite a bit before labor, right?  Oh, I suppose it's another one of those things that You Never Can Tell, and There's No Way Of Knowing until the Mysterious Birth Process unfolds itself.

Well, true. But second and subsequent babies often don't completely engage until labour. So it doesn't necessarily mean you still have weeks to go, or anything like that.

As for me: long walk, some stairs, a few weak contractions, then nothing. I'm bored. Looks like it won't be today. DH and DD are driving me nuts. Oh, and DH microwaved our entire jar of raw honey to make it more pourable. So, yeah.

#71 of 183 Old 06-12-2011, 06:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erigeron View Post

I am officially a Doctor of Pharmacy now.

Still no baby. Apparently my classmates were super-entertained by the idea that my water might break when I walked across the stage. I think that really only happens in the movies. I told them that if it happened I could get her diagnosed with Bad Timing Disease.

I hope she's not born tomorrow, since that's my mom's birthday, and my mom thinks it would be keen but I think it would really be better if kiddo had a different birthday.

I really think it would be better if she stays in there until my husband is finished grading exams and can help a little more with organizing the place. And until we manage to get rid of the couch and put the loveseat in. Maybe she knows this and is staying for these reasons?

CONGRATS! What a wonderful accomplishment. Perhaps baby will give you  just enough time for hubby to help get a little more organizing done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post

I ate ice and cake almost everyday the last two weeks at least. Eat chocolate! I cried amd whined, was grumpy too. It is so hard at the end.

Yep. This is where I'm at. No cake - just ice cream. I've been very whiney, weepy, and grumpy. DH is loving it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake_up View Post

Caught myself saying to DH, in all seriousness, "This baby will not come until there is a couch in that room!"  Well, I'm sitting on the couch now, and no baby yet, heehee... but I'm pretty sure I've got a couple weeks yet here.  Did my last two client massages today, so now I have officially launched into Formless Waiting Time.  I don't think babe has even dropped yet, since it's still hard to breathe and such.  Everybody ahead of me, when does that happen?  I've forgotten everything about the first time around.  Baby drops, engages in pelvis, and that happens quite a bit before labor, right?  Oh, I suppose it's another one of those things that You Never Can Tell, and There's No Way Of Knowing until the Mysterious Birth Process unfolds itself.

Feeling rather cheeky about all this today.  Tired and uncomfortable, and sick of fending off comments about due dates and how huge I am and how hot it is and ooh, aren't I uncomfortable.  Well, no shit, yeah I'm uncomfortable, it's freaking hot and I have an extra person stuck on the front of me.  I've decided to just be rude to people and they can figure out why on their own.

Last night was up from 2:30-5 with the squirmiest baby ever, did some hip circles and stuff because I was worried about positioning.  Still hiccuping way down in my pelvic floor all day today though, so I guess head's still there.  Here's to hanging in there, everybody.  They'll all come out eventually...

Well, the couch is there now. You never know. Perhaps baby will wait until early labor to engage - so it could be anytime! winky.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

Well, true. But second and subsequent babies often don't completely engage until labour. So it doesn't necessarily mean you still have weeks to go, or anything like that.

As for me: long walk, some stairs, a few weak contractions, then nothing. I'm bored. Looks like it won't be today. DH and DD are driving me nuts. Oh, and DH microwaved our entire jar of raw honey to make it more pourable. So, yeah.

That sounds like something my DH would do. irked.gif Gotta love it!

AFM - My excitement was waking up this morning and realizing that I'm 38 weeks today. I get to listen to my hypnobabies birthing day stuff (can't listen to that part prior to 38 weeks). I guess I'm kind of hoping it will throw my body into labor...lol. I've had no signs of labor really though. I've had pressure and I've dropped, but that's about it. A few BH here and there, but only one time did I think it felt like it could be a real pressure wave. 

We've made A LOT of progress on the house this weekend. I knew we would once DS's bedroom was done. I have to admit that DH has done most of the work lately. I want to work - I do. I'm just moving in slow motion and I find myself taking lots and lots of breaks. And I'm just content spending time playing with DS. Last night I watched Mamma Mia. Cute movie - I seriously borrowed it from someone over a year ago and am just now getting around to watching it. DS climbed on my lap and fell asleep on my shoulder - like how he did when he was a baby. Made me feel all melty and sentimental. He's going to be four this year but I remember so well when it was his arrival that we were awaiting and when he was just a little baby. bawling.gif Do you see what late pregnancy is doing to me??

I have big plans for relaxation today. I will try to get a few more things done, but I'm starting to see things getting done so I feel really good about kicking back a bit. If I get especially motivated I have a nightgown that I plan to convert from long sleeve to short sleeve so that I can wear it for my birthing time. So I need to do that. I also have booties that I was knitting for baby. I have one done and one on the needles. Oh - and I started them months ago. I get like that with crafting. I get on a kick and do several things and then I burn out and don't do anything for months. I guess it's just my pattern. I like to believe I wouldn't do that if I had more spare time, but I probably would!

Crystal (34) married to nursing student DH (38) partners.gif ,  mama to superhero.gif(7/07), brokenheart.gif (1/09), and rainbow1284.gifjammin.gif (7/11) and stork-suprise.gif (12/28) homebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg homeschool.gif
#72 of 183 Old 06-12-2011, 10:35 AM

I have reached the point where I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever.  I've had signs of labour for over a week now, and nothing.  Diareah, constant contractions (painful, but tolerable) that always go away when I go to bed, nausea, energy spurts, loss of plug, extreme pressure and cervical twinges...  I feel like I've been in early labour for a flipping week, and I've lost complete faith that my body knows what it's doing.  If there was nothing going on, it wouldn't bother me.  But the constant contractions are such a tease.  I simply can't tell if "this is it" (obviously it hasn't been so far) and it's so discouraging.  This is my third child...I should know by now what it feels like!  But I swear this baby is just taunting me with useless contractions.  I'm so frustrated. =(

#73 of 183 Old 06-12-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nikki~ View Post

I have reached the point where I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever.  I've had signs of labour for over a week now, and nothing.  Diareah, constant contractions (painful, but tolerable) that always go away when I go to bed, nausea, energy spurts, loss of plug, extreme pressure and cervical twinges...  I feel like I've been in early labour for a flipping week, and I've lost complete faith that my body knows what it's doing.  If there was nothing going on, it wouldn't bother me.  But the constant contractions are such a tease.  I simply can't tell if "this is it" (obviously it hasn't been so far) and it's so discouraging.  This is my third child...I should know by now what it feels like!  But I swear this baby is just taunting me with useless contractions.  I'm so frustrated. =(

Right there with you. hug2.gif

My problem is that my contractions really get going when I've been moving around a bit, but I can't be active without my SPD flaring up. I could probably put myself in labour by taking a walk, but I'm terrified of what that would do to my pelvis.

I'm actually getting quite nervous about the birth will go down with my pelvis in this state. I don't want to do any permanent damage!

Today I've had two messages from friends asking me whether I have much induction scheduled yet. I'm 40w5d. They won't induce you until 42 weeks here, so I have a while to go!

#74 of 183 Old 06-12-2011, 12:46 PM

Snowflake, have you tried chiropractic care yet?  I have SPD and it's done wonders for me.  The baby's head is lodged in the pelvis pretty nicely now, so it seems to be keeping everything in place and I have far less pain.  Oh, I've forced myself to try walking to get things started, and all I end up with is an irritable uterus that throws contractions at me for a few hours, but they ALWAYS go away as soon as I lay down in bed.  It sucks!  I wish the baby would just decide what she wants to do instead of putting me through random bouts of misery for no good reason!

#75 of 183 Old 06-12-2011, 02:20 PM

Snowflake777: If it's any consolation, I had horrible SPD with DD and it didn't seem to affect the birth. I mean, it was a pretty ghastly birth, but I think it was unrelated. :p I even squatted to push her out, and didn't notice any problems from/during that; and the SPD disappeared pretty quickly after the birth. So maybe it won't be an issue? I imagine water-birthing, if you can swing it, might help too.

Coulda sworn I was going into labour last night, just because I got massive BHs every time I turned over in bed (does anyone else have this?). But nope. DD was good, though - we've been trying to get her to stay in her own bed until morning, and last night she did, albeit with several whispered "Mama, did the sun come up?" whispers after 3AM. Today we're going to see my sister perform (piano) in a chamber music competition, which will amuse DD - tiny culture vulture, she loves concerts - and keep my mind off my cervix.

I'm becoming increasingly paranoid that I might give birth on the 17th, which is my birthday. A few months ago I was all "Eh, I'm due on the 9th, the 17th is AGES away from that"... and now it's Monday and my birthday's on Friday and I'm thinking "Ulp". Not only do I not want to still be pregnant on Friday, but I don't wanna share my birthday! Call me petty, but c'mon baby, there are 364 other days in the year, you don't have to steal my thunder. :p It's bad enough having DD's and DH's birthdays four days apart... So if I don't give birth in the next few days, I'm going to be abruptly switching from "Hurry up and be born already" to "Stay in". Won't that be fun. :p

ETA: Man, you ladies with prodromal labour have my sympathies! At least my body is obviously *not* doing anything; I can't imagine dealing with the constant stress of contractions that don't go anywhere! I'm impressed nobody's gone postal yet... or if you have, well, fair enough.

#76 of 183 Old 06-12-2011, 02:51 PM

Not gonna lie..I've gone a little postal. ;)  I went shopping today to spend a couple baby shower gift cards, and was more than snappy a few times.  And of course contractions started again halfway through the shopping trip.  But am I having my baby? Nope!!  ARrrghhhhhh!!!

#77 of 183 Old 06-12-2011, 08:24 PM

Is anyone else getting a little nervous about all of the super fast labors in our DDC? I mean, it would be great if active labor didn't take *too* long, but with all these mamas going in less than a few hours, I am starting to freak out a little! If Dh is at work, it will take him almost an hour to get home. What if I am here alone with the kids and nobody can get here quickly? I don't know why this hadn't occured to me until now. Good thing all my birth stuff is ready to go.

#78 of 183 Old 06-12-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymom1 View Post

Is anyone else getting a little nervous about all of the super fast labors in our DDC? I mean, it would be great if active labor didn't take *too* long, but with all these mamas going in less than a few hours, I am starting to freak out a little! If Dh is at work, it will take him almost an hour to get home. What if I am here alone with the kids and nobody can get here quickly? I don't know why this hadn't occured to me until now. Good thing all my birth stuff is ready to go.

YES!  It will take my DH 30 min at the very minimum to get home from work and my midwife will take at least 2 hours to get here!  YIKES!!  My last labor was only 3.5 hours so I'm a bit nervous.  I do feel better that I have everything here, but that is scary when I think about having the baby with only my other kids present.  I think the older one could handle it, but it would be hard with the three year old.  I'm just trying not to think about it right now. 

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

#79 of 183 Old 06-12-2011, 08:34 PM

tracymom: Yeah, a little! I went to my little sister's chamber music concert this afternoon, and kept uneasily wondering if my waters were going to break or I was going to suddenly give birth in the concert hall. I didn't, of course. :p It does seem like most of the super-fast labours followed really long prodromal labours, though, and I haven't had that, so... yeah.

#80 of 183 Old 06-12-2011, 09:27 PM

I'm not worried. Then again, I'm a first-timer. I can definitely see that being nerve-wracking for those of you who've already had a baby in the past. (And I have a friend who had a precipitous birth with her second baby last month. It really does seem to be going around.)

WOHM to a girl jog.gif (6-11) and a new baby boy stork-boy.gif (2-14) and adjusting to the full-time life and husband being a SAHD. 
#81 of 183 Old 06-12-2011, 09:54 PM

Choosing not to worry about a super fast labor here, but I admit that this DDC has had a ton of fast labors. So odd considering that it's not supposed to be that common for labor to go so fast!

We had a lovely day at the pool today. It felt soooo amazing to be in the water. We were supposed to go to the Y since we have a membership there, but we pulled up and found out they're closed on Sundays. Well, we'd been talking to DS about going swimming today for several days and I was really looking forward to it, so we ended up at the local outdoor swim place. It was a bit cooler day out so it wasn't jam packed like it usually is - which is why we never go. It was a lot of fun, but since we weren't planning on it I didn't have sunblock on. I did get a slight burn. I hope it goes away quickly. I'd hate to start my birthing time with a sunburn! I did lots of forward floating, breaststroke, etc...My house is starting to really shape up and look great. It's not done, but I'm at a point where I'd feel okay if things started happening. But I'm just 38 weeks, so I think it'll be a bit anyways. But I'd be okay if it wasn't...just saying. I told DH it'd be nice to start my birthing time just so that I don't have to work tomorrow...lol!

Crystal (34) married to nursing student DH (38) partners.gif ,  mama to superhero.gif(7/07), brokenheart.gif (1/09), and rainbow1284.gifjammin.gif (7/11) and stork-suprise.gif (12/28) homebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg homeschool.gif
#82 of 183 Old 06-13-2011, 12:10 AM

Ehh, I'm bored again. I'm home alone - DH and DD are at his parents' for dinner, and our flatmate's at the gym. I just finished writing out a list of things for me and (preferably!) DH to do when I go into labour - stuff like changing the sheets on the bed (because Mum will be sleeping in it while we're at the birth centre), packing the birth bag into the car, putting on a big brew of pregnancy tea, all that jazz. And I have some muffins baking in the oven, for no particular reason.

I keep feeling like I should just declare labour officially begun and turn up at the birthing centre. :p It seems like my body would cooperate if I only made it official. Probably shouldn't risk it, though!

I have a MW appointment tomorrow (I'll be 40+5), and I've decided I don't want to talk induction what-ifs yet. There's plenty of time to worry about it, and well, I just don't wanna. So there.

I have had slightly more "exciting" BHs today, and can't help thinking that tonight might be the night... but then, it's not the first night I've thought that. :p And I still haven't lost my mucus plug or anything really concrete like that. I might ring up my friend and ask if her kids want to come for a playdate tomorrow morning; it'll give DD something to do and me someone to talk about birth with!

ETA (later, 11PM): Good humour temporarily restored. I just won a $5-bar-of-chocolate bet with DH, on the subject of whether figgy pudding actually contains figs. DH, aggrieved: "But it's so OBVIOUS!". Me: "You mean like chocolate cake, which contains, you know, chocolate?" DH: "I mean like CHOCCIE cake, which..." Me: "Contains chocolate?" DH: "I'm gonna eat that chocolate bar".

For the record, the man is a freaking genius.

#83 of 183 Old 06-13-2011, 08:57 AM

I am going postal, post baby. Lots of pissy stuff, I feel sad baby is not in my belly anymore. I find all of it hard, end of pregnancy, after. It is such a momentous thing and change. Dh sleeps in the bitty room off ur bedroom b/c he snores and I need every second of sleep. So we go to bed at 11pm, after I know baby is out. I wake at 1:22 am to feed, the 5:30am. Go back to sleep after and dh sleeps from 11pm-8:46am, WTF? Come home from Church and picnic yesterday, all I ask is can you box up old directv things to mail today since you are going int town. Doesn't do it, doesn't hang up kids Church clothes, whatever. I sit from 6pm -10:45pm nursing. I threw stuff down the stairwell this morning and accidentally bopped dh on the head w/ k'nex, LOL, along w/ dirty diapers. Yelled and cried this morning. There is so much beauty in a new and so much angst and adjustment too. I feel irritated at times tied to the bed or chair nursing, I miss my more free self honestly.

I pay little attention to engagement. Baby comes out regardless. Enjoy these last days, they are hard, but there is something magical about them too. 

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#84 of 183 Old 06-13-2011, 09:03 AM

Nikki, your body is doing EXACTLY what mine did! I starting having more noticeable contractions on May 20th that lasted until I had my stretch and sweep on May 31st. And then I lost my mucous plug and the ctx geared up another notch, but they'd go away EVERY night! I had a week of that until real labor set in Sunday night/Monday morning (6/5 and 6/6). I didn't have that experience with my other kids, labor just started with them without the endless warm up. The prodromal labor made me insane and I was such a cranky, grumpy, bitchy person! However, it was nice to be able to be a total cow to someone and then say "I've been in labor for 2 weeks. Don't you think you'd be a bit cranky as well?"

We do seem to have a lot of fast labors in this DDC! Mine wasn't super fast, but the last part was the most intense 45 minutes of my life! I wonder what's with all the fast labors? I wonder if it has something to do with no or low interventions during birth, trusting the process, being healthy, being ready, or all of the above? At any rate, it's pretty cool. :)

Today we need to run some errands. And since my kids are home from camp I have helpers! YAY!!!

I need to go get some ice-cream. I'm having a craving.

Oh, and baby Ezrah is a whole week old today! :)

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#85 of 183 Old 06-13-2011, 09:08 AM

@Annabelle - Oh mama, I'm so sorry to hear you're having a hard time. :( What is it with men and monumental cluelessness?? That's the last thing you want to be dealing with when you have a tiny baby to care for. I hope things improve soon. These early weeks are so special, but so tough at the same time.  hug2.gif

Ah crap...I just found out that SIL has an ectopic pregnancy. :( I'm off to bake her some blueberry muffins and write her a nice card. She did the same for me when I had a m/c a few years back and it meant a lot to me. I hope she's doing ok. She works as an air hostess and has to fly again in a couple of days, so she doesn't even get time to recover properly. :(

#86 of 183 Old 06-13-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post

There is so much beauty in a new and so much angst and adjustment too. 

Yes yes yes. Be gentle with yourself, sweet woman.

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#87 of 183 Old 06-13-2011, 12:35 PM

I was just about to write the same thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake777 View Post

Just had a huge fight with DH, overtired, pissed off, and generally stressing over how I'm going to deal with a newborn, a three year old, and a husband who refuses to help out with anything, ever, then plays the victim when I finally lose my patience with him. SO OVER IT. My house is a mess too, for the reasons described in the previous sentences.

gloomy.gif

Mama to my monkey since March 2008, wife to my husband since February 2004. After three early losses, we were successful with IVF!  joy.gif
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif  

#88 of 183 Old 06-13-2011, 12:49 PM

Annabelle - hug2.gif

Men really do suck sometimes! Mine has been really cooperative with helping me to get our house cleaned/ organized before birthing day as far as doing the work, but he's been all attitude and pissy remarks the entire time. He constantly makes remarks about my "not doing anything" and yes, when it comes to organizing the house and getting a lot of our to do before baby gets here list done, I've sucked big time. BUT he's not working right now. I'm running a full-time licensed daycare and work from 6:45am-5:00pm or sometimes 8:00am - 4:00pm depending on the day five days a week! He is a full-time student and is on summer break. So pardon me for giving into my tired impulse to sit and do nothing at the end of my work day. Not to mention his most recent snotty comment was this morning after I spent a good half an hour weeding our garden outside while my daycare kiddos played. UGH!! I made a comment about how tired I was and he looked at me with disgust and said "Of course." in a sarcastic and belittling tone of voice. Ummm....hello...I'm growing a human here!!!  Cuss.gif

Anyways, there's my vent for the day!

#89 of 183 Old 06-13-2011, 04:36 PM

Grr. It's probably just as well I'm not in labour today - DH has come down with a splitting headache and a mysterious pain in his side. So he's suffering in bed, instead of doing a bunch of before-the-baby-arrives work-related matters like he planned. Poor chap.

Just had a nice playdate with a friend who's 30 weeks pregnant. Now I have two hours before my MW appointment... and I think I might go back to bed.

#90 of 183 Old 06-13-2011, 05:50 PM

Hugs to the mamas struggling!  The changes at the end of pregnancy and right after are big stuff to deal with! Then stir in the hormones and a new little person...ahhh what fun!?!? Hope it settles for you all.

Smokering, at least you're actually overdue before they're talking options. My OB called me on Friday (I'm just barely 39w by my 'earlier' due date from a later US that I don't really think is all that accurate anyway.....and more like just 39w this week) and suggested I might bring my hospital bag when I come in case he'd like to 'get things going' as I was already mostly effaced and 3 cm at last week's appt. This is all because I live *gasp* an hour drive from the hospital.  I'm not too concerned about it, and certainly won't be bringing my hospital bag!!

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page