June Chat Thread -- Week 2 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 183 Old 06-20-2011, 08:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

I know what you mean! A few days before I gave birth, I had almost convinced myself that if I just packed my things and turned up at the birthing centre, I could trick my body into going into labour. (And who knows? Maybe it would've worked!)

I can't believe you're still doing daycare! At 39 weeks! And you haven't murdered any of your kiddies and hidden them in the back yard? Be honest. I won't judge you.

Incidentally, I updated my blog. Not my birth story per se, but baby-related, if anyone's interested.

The days are getting longer...let me tell you. I've got three on vacation this week, but it's my three really easy personalities. Of the other four, one is an infant, two of them are a set of very intense siblings with a set of interesting parents to match, and another one is pretty easy personality wise - she just gets here super early. She's only here today and Friday though. And...bonus for me...I did find out that the other ones are staying home today. So it's just my one early girl, who leaves by 3:00pm, and my son today. I'm letting them watch a few cartoons right now. Normally my daycare has a tv-free environment, but my parents are all lenient and understanding the closer I get to my due date. We've definitely had a few cartoon/movie mornings when it's been rainy outside lately. I'm just getting a bit too tired and waddly to go go go all day long!

I did finally get some sleep last night. Holy cow - I just can't seem to stop eating lately. I've been nonstop hungry. I had two bowls of cereal and some leftover fettuccine alfredo about midnight last night and then this morning for breakfast I had two bowls of cereal and more fettuccine alfredo for mid-morning snack and I still feel hungry! I could really really go for some ice cream right now!

I sense that I'm getting close. I don't know if I'm right or it's just wishful thinking! I've seen a spot of mucus on my panties the past few potty breaks (TMI - sorry). Not enough that I think it's the entire plug of course. But it's an increase and I'm hoping that it's the beginnings of the breakdown of the plug. But I don't know - I'm probably just being a preggochondriac again!

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
#182 of 183 Old 06-20-2011, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:

Hee! When Miles was born and we finally settled down in bed, DH surprised *me* by saying "I don't know that he looks like a Miles... he looks more like a Lachlan". Lachlan being my first choice from months ago, which he'd strongly vetoed. I was touched - Miles was originally my suggestion too, but I'd been wavering on it for ages, whereas DH really liked it. But I knew DH really wasn't that keen on Lachlan, and was just being nice because he'd watched me give birth - and I felt bad taking advantage of that, especially because DD's name was mostly my choice. So I persuaded him to wait until morning, when he admitted he still preferred Miles. :p Much to my surprise, everyone seems to love the name - I expected most people to hate it. DD's name, Rowan, never got above about a 50% approval rate, so maybe I should let DH pick the names from now on!

Miles was on my list of names that I liked enough to consider. I really like the name, it just didn't fit well with my other kids' names. My niece's name is Rowan, so I'm partial to that one. :)  I rarely find other people with a Rowan so it's interesting to me that you have a little girl Rowan like my sister does!

Quote:

I can't believe you're still doing daycare! At 39 weeks! And you haven't murdered any of your kiddies and hidden them in the back yard? Be honest. I won't judge you.

I sometimes feel homicidal towards my own children, and I birthed them! I cannot imagine doing daycare still! I would have totally lost my sh*t on them by now! Of course, my personality is not one that is geared toward managing multiple children all at one time as a job. Hence the reason why I decided (wisely, I think) to change my major back to nursing from education.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erigeron View Post

I changed my mind. I don't want to have the baby any time in the next few days. We have to get my car fixed (a repair we've been putting off) before hubby's car dies completely, since his needs a $900 timing belt repair and we've decided it's time to get rid of it instead. I don't want to go into labor until we get my car back from the shop--I hate the idea of having to drive that car to the hospital or rely on someone else to give us a ride. So 2.0 can stay put in her little nest for now, plskthx.

You realize that now that you've said that, you'll probably go into labor tonight. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimming-duck View Post
I sense that I'm getting close. I don't know if I'm right or it's just wishful thinking! I've seen a spot of mucus on my panties the past few potty breaks (TMI - sorry). Not enough that I think it's the entire plug of course. But it's an increase and I'm hoping that it's the beginnings of the breakdown of the plug. But I don't know - I'm probably just being a preggochondriac again!

I exhausted myself with the wondering when I would go into labor and I finally gave up. And I think that's when I went into labor.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#183 of 183 Old 06-20-2011, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, the car didn't take nearly as long to get out of the shop as I thought it would. I'd thought it might be in all week. We retrieved it this afternoon.

No baby yet.

*twiddles thumbs*.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page