Mothering Forum banner

Midwife didn't make it!!! (updated with birth story and pics of baby)

2K views 30 replies 28 participants last post by  tashantx 
#1 ·
Link to the full (long and detailed) birth story WITH PICS OF BABY (wish i had thought to make someone take some photos of the birth but there was no time. Man, a video would have been awesome! Anyway, here is the link, its posted in the birth stories forum

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1317976/unintentional-uc-30-minute-labor-born-in-the-caul#post_16507394

I'll update later with pics and detailed story but these afterpains are kicking my butt this time.

30 minute labor, midwife lives 45 mins away. Needless to say she arrived AFTER baby. We managed to get the pool filled (while I was already in it) and within 15 mins of being in it, I delivered our baby girl (#6) while DH and my mom stood there by the side of the pool dumbfounded and silent as if it wasn't really happening. I even delivered the placenta before she came in. I only needed help getting out.

Born at 1:30 am (approx) weighing 8 lbs 12 oz Genesis (Gigi) Rose is here!!! Born in the caul under water (no one caught, lol)Midwives already gone, Baby nursed perfectly and is now sleeping. Cant wait to tell the whole short but exciting story.

See less See more
#2 ·
ddcc.....but i have seen you on the uc boards! wlecome earthside, little genesis! i'm glad your little one is here to snuggle and drink up, and i'm so happy to hear you got the beautiful birth you were hoping for. sounds like it turned out just perfect without the midwife. and being born in the caul is really special.....

enjoy your little one!

#5 ·
Wow, Sharita, that is amazing! I knew you would go quick, but oh my goodness! 30 minutes!!! And in the caul!
dizzy.gif

Congrats to you and welcome to baby Gigi!!!

Hopefully those afterpains let up and you can get some rest. Can't wait to hear more!

#20 ·
Congrats!! So exciting! I've been keeping up with you and figured you would be soon!! Welcome Baby Gigi!!!
joy.gif

#24 ·
Yay Sharita! It looks like all that practice labor helped! Congrats on your new baby! :)

#25 ·
Wow wow wow!

Congrats!!

We almost had that happen. I ended up calling my midwife before I went into labour, having a sinking feeling I *would* go into labour soon... and she said later that if I hadn't called her too early, with how fast things went at the end (1.5-2 hours tops) I would have called her too late! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.