Finn William 06-08-11 ... he is finally here :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-13-2011, 01:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

NAK--- I've always wanted to say that :) 

Just wanted to pop in and say that Finn William was born this past Wednesday! We had a wonderful CS hospital experience and have been enjoying our babymoon ever since. He weighed in at 8 lbs 2 ozs, 22 inches long, and looks EXACTLY like his Daddy :) He nursed about 30 minutes after being born and hasn't stopped since! I promise to be back and give you all the lovely details and catch up on everyone's beautiful babies and those mama's who are still baking their little muffins :)dsc_1720_1.jpg

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2011, 02:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

What a gorgeous photo! I'm glad everything went well at the hospital. Congrats! :)

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:19 AM

Congratulations mama! What a sweet picture.  He looks so peaceful smile.gif

Old 06-13-2011, 06:34 AM

Congratulations!  He looks absolutely perfect!!

Mama to my 4-year-old lil' man and with a new little one on the way.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:51 AM

Oh he is BEAUTIFUL!!! joy.gif
Congrats mama! Welcome little Finn!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

Old 06-13-2011, 07:43 AM

he's so precious! Congrats!

I just love the way kisses make ''booboo's'' all better.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much everyone :) He is so precious and sweet. Very easy going and loves to snuggle--- yay!

Here is my birth story, as best as I can remember it... sleeping.gif

We had planned our c-section for 9:30 am on Wednesday the 8th. I couldn't sleep at all the night before from the excitement and anticipation! It was so odd to KNOW that our baby would be here the next day. Everything felt very surreal and like at any moment something would happen and our plans would change. I got ready, double checked my packed bags for the 15th time, made my hubby breakfast, and kissed my sleeping DD goodbye. We drove to the hospital, checked in, and then began the pre-op procedures. Everything was normal...and the nurse was only slightly rude --->irked.gif She made a huge deal over the fact that I had 4 ounces of water at 5 am and that we wouldn't be sending Finn to the NICU or having the vacs and vitamins administered. She called the charge nurse for the nursery thinking that they wouldn't allow it, but much to her surprise and ours, the nurse was amazing, sweet, and totally on board! She even cleared out the isolation room so that my hubby could hold Finn there while they finished up my recovery dealings and got our room all ready. Also the anesthesiologist was super nice and didn't care at all that I had water 4 hours earlier and made me feel really comfortable about the surgery and everything that would be happening afterward. 

At 9:30 we headed to the operating room, my husband all dressed in his scrubs--camera in hand! I wasn't that nervous, just slightly anxious to go ahead and get all the steps over with so that I could hold my baby! First step was to administer my spinal block--- the anesthetist started and was also teaching a student by letting them do the actual insertion. I could tell he was a little frustrated by having to do this and after about 10 minutes of waiting for the numbness to take effect (I could still wiggle my legs and feel practically everything) I was given the option of having an additional epidural or being completely knocked out. Knowing that I wanted to be awake and lucid-- I chose the epidural. The anesthesiologist came in to put it in and also gave me a couple of nerve blocks in my hips. After 10 more minutes, I still wasn't completely numb but told them to start anyway bc I REALLY didn't want to be completely put to sleep. They started and while I knew I would feel the tugging and pulling, I was really surprised to be feeling PAIN. I could feel almost everything except the sharp sensation of the scalpel and other cutting. They had to stand by me and constantly administer pain medication to keep it to a tolerable level. It was an out of body experience and one that I would NEVER want to repeat. I had to have my husband hold one arm down and the doctor held the other. I can't even describe what the pain felt like, but in my head I was repeating my son's name over and over. Finally, he was OUT! And I felt every bit of his body being pulled from me. 

I heard his cry and the emotions took over my body, momentarily washing away the pain and sending tears down both mine and my husband's faces. He was perfect, pink, and the nurses immediately weighed him and wrapped him up so that my DH could hold him and show him to me. He was so comfy in his little blanket and DH snapped a few pictures. Then the reality of the pain came back to me and I had to last 5 more minutes as they sewed everything back together. It was excruciating, but the doctor was so nice to tell me exactly what she was doing and how much longer she needed. Finally, they were done and I could breathe again. They took DH, Finn and me to the recovery room and thankfully as we were there the pain medications kicked in and washed away the pain. 

As soon as we were in our area, DH handed me Finn and helped me put him to my chest. Right away he found the nipple and started to nurse! He was a pro and it was amazingly comforting for me and Finn. We simply laid and nursed for about 15 minutes while the nurse worked around us, turning the lights off, and letting us have our moment. After Finn fell asleep, DH took him to their little room to wait for me and our room to be ready. About 20 minutes later I was wheeled to our room and my family followed shortly after. DH came with Finn after having his vitals taken and all the measurements charted. As soon as he came in and was kissed over by all the loved ones, we began nursing again :)

He was a nursing pro! It took a few tries to figure out which positions he and I liked to begin with but he nursed for almost an hour every 2 hours for the next 2 days. It was amazing. I was so happy to have this source of stress for me, turn out to be wonderful! Even though the pain has set in with our new nursing relationship, I still am enjoying it and it has been night and day from my experience with DD. I can't say enough how much of a blessing this is!

During our stay, the nurses were great and really kind to our wishes. They never pushed medication on me and always worked around me nursing the baby and making us comfortable. Although I am sure that we would have been more comfy at home, it was nice having the care while I was getting back on my feet. We were able to go home on Friday afternoon and have been sleeping, nursing, and enjoying our little family of four ever since :)

Overall, the experience was good. It turned out better than I had expected and while I wouldn't ever choose to have a c-section, I believe that we did the best we could with our situation and will look back with happy memories :)

P.S. they had a professional photographer come around to our room and they took amazing photos of Finn. It was such a surprise and a service that EVERY hospital should have!dsc_1724_0_1.jpgdsc_1729_0.jpgdsc_1744_1.jpgdsc_1737_1.jpg   

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
Old 06-13-2011, 07:56 AM

Congratulations!!!  He's just precious!!!  Welcome baby Finn!!  joy.gif

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

Old 06-13-2011, 08:59 AM

Oh mama, he's darling.  

Wishing you a speedy, complete recovery and happy babymoon!

Working, freshly graduated! mama.  Loving life with DHguitar.gif , DD 7/09energy.gif, and DS 06/11 babyboy.gif.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:47 AM

MaryE he is just darling! Congratulations! I'm glad that the surgery went well, despite your anesthesia not working. I can't even imagine! Rest up and take care of yourself and your sweet little guy. :)

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

Old 06-13-2011, 11:20 AM

huge congrats, mama and baby!!! welcome to the world, little finn :) enjoy your baby moon! love.gif

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

Old 06-13-2011, 12:03 PM

Holy cow, giant thumbs up for making it through that without the pain meds working!  That's crazy.  Glad the experience went so well otherwise, and congratulations on the sweet little bundle - he's absolutely gorgeous!

lover of K partners.gif mom to S superhero.gifb.12/07  and C joy.gifb.6/11

Old 06-13-2011, 12:43 PM

Oh my goodness he is adorable!!!!!  Congrats!

homeschooling, husband pleasing, mama to 3 boys and another little love on the way!chicken3.gif
Old 06-13-2011, 02:29 PM

Congratulations!

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:40 PM

Ohhh! What a cutie! I love the pictures. Congratulations!!

Old 06-13-2011, 09:27 PM

Gorgeous baby, and nice CS story!

Old 06-13-2011, 11:22 PM

So happy for your positive birth story, Mama!  Welcome Baby Finn!

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

Old 06-14-2011, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much :)

User Tag List