Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   June 2011 (http://www.mothering.com/forum/556-june-2011/)
-   -   Anyone hoping the full moon tomorrow (6/15) makes something happen? (http://www.mothering.com/forum/556-june-2011/1317514-anyone-hoping-full-moon-tomorrow-6-15-makes-something-happen.html)

sibbis_d 06-14-2011 07:27 AM

'Cause I am! I'll be 39 1/2 weeks and I feel ready so come on moon work your magic!

http://childbirth.amuchbetterway.com/the-moons-effect-on-natural-childbirth/

springbride 06-14-2011 08:14 AM

I"m 39 1/2 too, and boy I'm hoping it works!!

amaayeh 06-14-2011 08:31 AM

I'll be 39 1/2 too!  Maybe that's the day for all of us!  Wouldn't that be great?! biggrinbounce.gif  I had some pretty strong contractions last night, but nothing consistent.  I would be doubly happy with tomorrow considering it's my daughter's last day of school...I'm thinking a late evening, early night birth would be perfect!

Spinnerette 06-14-2011 08:54 AM

I'll be 40+4. I really hope something happens - Thursday is my next prenatal appointment and I don't want to have to talk induction.

macandcheese 06-14-2011 09:08 AM

DDCC — Good luck, ladies! I totally credit the full moon with sending me into labor. There was no indication of anything happening, and then BAM! Super fast labor and baby born just as the full moon reached its peak over our house. joy.gif

Don't underestimate that moon gravity!

~Nikki~ 06-14-2011 10:20 AM

Jeez I sure hope so.  DH has been predicting a June 15th birth since the start, and he doesn't know about the full moon thing.  He's often bang-on with his predictions (he was adamant from the start that it'd be a girl despite all my "it's totally a boy" signs that were the same as with my son; he's guessing a 6lb 9oz birth despite the fact that the other two were 8 and a half pounds....my u/s last week showed the baby hovering around 6lbs...)

I really hope he's right on this one, because I'm ready to meet my daughter!  Beyond ready!  C'mon moon babies! 

MommySerra 06-14-2011 10:23 AM

i'll be 39 weeks, 2 days tomorrow and i'd love to have a full moon baby. we thought for sure he was going to come early w/ last month's full moon.  good luck everyone!

Serra

kawa kamuri 06-14-2011 10:30 AM

The full moon has never had a pull on my labours so no, I expect nothing. I do, however, have three appointments on Friday (I'll be 41w) that I do not want to make - chiro, MW and an NST. Today would be a nice day to birth my baby! 

fertilemyrtle 06-14-2011 11:16 AM

I'm 38 weeks, so from the beginning I've doubted that the full moon would play a role, this month or next.   I think the baby will come sometime in the middle.   Do new moons do anything?  Here's hoping!

LLtheTinkerbell 06-14-2011 12:19 PM

yup, my due date was last sunday/monday and with a breech baby i don't want to go too far overdue. please come to us little one!!! good luck everyone, will be interesting to hear what happens... 

imalego 06-14-2011 07:14 PM

I'm hoping(but not putting too much faith into it) that tomorrow will be our day as well...  I'm not too far past my date yet(I've seen what beyond 42w looks like), but it would be nice to have a special little moon baby.  :)

Also, I think I read there will be a lunar eclipse??  

Smokering 06-14-2011 07:51 PM

Ooh, I'd forgotten about that. It'd be nice... I'm 40+6 today, so, yeah. Sadly, I don't have any solid pre-labour indications like losing my mucous plug or anything, so I'm not too hopeful.

I just spent a few hours doing vigorous housecleaning. It hasn't started labour, but hey, my house is a lot cleaner! Some time later today I'll try to convince DH to take me for a long walk, too. And I might buy some fresh pineapple from the supermarket.

swimming-duck 06-14-2011 08:44 PM

Hmmm...it'd be nice, but I'm only 38+2 so I think baby will hang around for another week or so at the very least. I have my midwife appt. tomorrow night. It'd be nice not to have to make the drive and just have her come here for my birthing time instead, but I'm not going to hold my breath!

Interesting information though - I'd never heard that before!

Klynne 06-14-2011 10:21 PM

I wish it would happen tomorrow, but I'm thinking I've still got 2-3 weeks left. With all the pressure I feel in my bum and the sweet little feet stretching the top of my uterus it would be sweet relief though. :)

sassypamela 06-15-2011 01:04 AM

me me me me me me!!! I'm 39 weeks, my favorite midwife is on call and this week is super light on activities with my other kids! Come on moon, work your magic!!!!!!!

LLtheTinkerbell 06-15-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalego View Post

I'm hoping(but not putting too much faith into it) that tomorrow will be our day as well...  Also, I think I read there will be a lunar eclipse??  

Yes it will be! Does this make it even more "birthy"?! smile.gif Although unfortunately those if us in N. America won't be able to see it!(http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/163358/20110615/google-total-lunar-eclipse-2011-longest-africa-asia-europe-australia-where-view-who-can-see-moon-sun.htm).

swell_mel 06-15-2011 09:54 AM

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it! DH predicted today before he knew it was a full moon. At 38 1/2 weeks though next Wed seems more likely... which just sounds like an eternity from now! I think my body is moon-immune though. orngtongue.gif

lookingforaname 06-15-2011 10:24 AM

Anyone have articles or links to the influence of full moon?   Just curious!

OrangeMoon 06-15-2011 11:27 AM

Yep, I would love to go into labor today, lol. I'm "only" 39w 1d, but DS decided to come at 36.5 so yeah, I'm totally ready. I don't really feel like having a 9 or 10 pound baby and with every passing week I can't help but wonder, lol.

LLtheTinkerbell 06-15-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforaname View Post

Anyone have articles or links to the influence of full moon?   Just curious!

The OP listed one in the first post :)

tracymom1 06-15-2011 02:16 PM

When I worked at the hospital - both in ER and L&D, the full moon was HIGHLY influential in our traffic. Lots of crazy stuff happens around the full moon!

I have been feeling exceptionally crappy today. I have a ton of stomach issues and am terribly tired and cranky. Maybe it is the beginning of some excitement over here! But I am definitely not holding my breath!

amaayeh 06-15-2011 08:25 PM

So far, nothing happening here.  rolleyes.gif  If I went tonight it would be early for me, but honestly, I'm so tired I don't think I would have the energy to give birth tonight!  It was my daughter's last day of school, we had a ton of errands to run and chores around the house and now I'm wiped.  Of course, dh is at a client dinner and won't be home until late.  I sure wish I had some of those. 

springbride 06-15-2011 09:27 PM

Well I had contractions start at 10:30 this morning and they just stopped...  They were only coming every 20-30 minutes, but really, for 8 hours!!!  

But this is how it started with my DD.  On the full moon I had the prodromal labor start, lasted for 2 days and then my water finally broke and the real show started.  So maybe a Father's Day baby for us :)  

OrangeMoon 06-16-2011 11:51 AM

I'm still here too! lol. For the first time this pregnancy I had some of those early labor contractions but similarly they were only every half hour or so yesterday evening. None so far today. We shall see I guess.

LollyOrglamic 06-16-2011 12:15 PM

I was reeeally hoping the full moon might have done something...but nothing.

I feel like I've had literally NO signs or symptoms of impending labour at all, it's hard to stay positive when I know the pressure the midwives will heap on when 42 weeks starts approaching, and I'll lose the chance to have my homebirth at that point too greensad.gif

I'm hoping my fave midwife will have some encouraging news for me at my appt tomorrow!