why am I just now having those terrible shooting cervix pains? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-20-2011, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I remember with my first pregnancy I had those shooting stabbing cervix pains for the last two months it seemed...I'd be walking down the hallway at work and suddenly stop in my tracks because it felt like someone was sticking a broomstick up there!  With my second pregnancy I really don't recall having them at all.

But man...this weekend and today I pretty much have to take a full minute to go from sitting to standing, and I'm walking like I've been on a horse for hours!

So, is that a good sign?  Is the baby's head attempting to spread that bad boy wide open?  I hope so.  LOL!

I'll be 40 weeks on Friday...I've been 1 cm for the last 3 weeks.

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2011, 09:06 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I feel for you. I'm the same way with the sitting to standing transition and I'm definitely walking like I've been riding a horse. I'm 39+1 and so tired of staggering around.

As far as the cervical pains, I get twinges now and then but nothing as extreme as the broomstick analogy. Yikes! But if you're getting them now I would assume it has something to do with your cervix ripening. Being 40 weeks on Friday you're guaranteed to be holding your precious little one before too long anyways!

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
Old 06-20-2011, 10:25 AM

DDCC from July

I get those pains and I like to describe them as a lightening rod to the cervix.  I just started getting them this weekend and they do stop you dead in your tracks.  Unfortunately, they never seemed to "do" much for me.  I've always just been 2 cm until I'm in actual labor.  Blah.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

Old 06-20-2011, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys!  I tried to reach my cervix just to see what it was doing, but just like all the other times I couldn't.  I think my arms and fingers are just way too short.  LOL!

My lower back is KILLING me today.  I'm going to think positive that all this sudden discomfort is for a good reason!

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

Old 06-20-2011, 11:25 AM

Well, I hope it means something!

But, I have fairly intense "zingers" myself since 36 weeks (I'm 39 now) and I've realized that they are the baby's head.   But it's not necessarily widening my cervix that I'm feeling - rather, the baby's head is hitting a nerve.   It's good in that the baby's head is definitely exerting some pressure, but not good in that the intense sensation doesn't seem like it's correlating to labor starting soon.   I find that as I walk, lift the belly, change positions, get on all 4's, etc.   that the baby adjusts off the nerve and I feel fine.   But I can't predict when I'll get a zinger, which is keeping me on my toes dizzy.gif

User Tag List