Possible early labour? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 03:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I woke up about 30 min ago (around 3:15am) with period-like cramping...we'll see where this goes. Today is babe's due date. Might I get this lucky????

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

#2 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 04:40 AM

me too along with mild contractions the poops nausea and a tad bit of bloody mucus. Today is my due date as well I've been up since 2:30 . I heard somewhere more babies are born on tuesdays than any other day of the week. Good luck!

I just love the way kisses make ''booboo's'' all better.
#3 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 04:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashantx View Post

me too along with mild contractions the poops nausea and a tad bit of bloody mucus. Today is my due date as well I've been up since 2:30 . I heard somewhere more babies are born on tuesdays than any other day of the week. Good luck!

Good luck to you, too!!! I'm still just cramping - nothing regular. Did poop but no mucus (I've never had until I was well into labour so this shouldn't surprise me). Happy labouring!!!

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

#4 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 05:50 AM

Oooh exciting!  Here's to easy births for you both. Hope to be reading your stories soon :)

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#5 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 06:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Ooh. I hope this is it for both of you!

Crystal (34) married to nursing student DH (38) partners.gif ,  mama to superhero.gif(7/07), brokenheart.gif (1/09), and rainbow1284.gifjammin.gif (7/11) and stork-suprise.gif (12/28) homebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg homeschool.gif
#6 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 08:41 AM

goodvibes.gifLabor vibes to both of you!!

Mama to my 4-year-old lil' man and with a new little one on the way.
#7 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisheva View Post

I woke up about 30 min ago (around 3:15am) with period-like cramping...we'll see where this goes. Today is babe's due date. Might I get this lucky????

Quote:

YAY to both of you!!!!

Can I jump on this train too? I was telling my mom yesterday that I'd like to go into labour that night, after I'd gotten a little sleep. Like maybe wake up to contractions at 2am. Then woke up at 2:07 last night to that achy period-like cramping. Stayed up for an hour with it and had some really interesting sensations but the achiness didn't get any stronger. Fell back asleep after 3am and woke up a few more times but this morning was not in labour. :( However the crampiness is happening on and off this morning so I'm feeling positive. This is my first so I don't really know what to expect from my body but I am crossing my fingers somethings happening. I'm 41+1 or 2 today, and SO READY!!!  

#8 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 09:50 AM

oh...I went back to sleep for a couple of hours and woke up to about the same pretty crampy irratic contractions (definately not braxton hicks) lost more mucus and blood and feel so nauseous, I cleaned the house up a bit ordered a pizza for delivery (hoping it helps my nausea and my boys are hungrythumb.gif) and then I think I'm couch camping all day. Tomorrow is my 3 y/o's 4th b day, and if I had the baby today we'd have a 21st 22nd and then my older son is a 23rd of february. Either way I do think we will have a baby by the end of the week. Hugs to the other early laboring mamas!

#9 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 10:03 AM

Good luck, ladies! 

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#10 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 10:11 AM

you too kawa, I've been keeping an eye on your progress. How's the c/o working out? I admire your patience hug2.gif

#11 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 12:53 PM

Thanks, sweetie. Not so well yet.

#12 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 02:39 PM

Yes Kawa...I've been getting on here just to check your progress too.

Heres some hugs and happy thoughts for you and your baby.

hug2.gif

homeschooling, husband pleasing, mama to 3 boys and another little love on the way!chicken3.gif
#13 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

I finally woke DH up at 6:30 to have him cancel his work day. I got in the bathtub because I was feeling *that* uncomfortable and had him shlep the birth pool up from the basement.. KISS.OF.DEATH. Everything stopped. Not even BH contrax. :( I went back to bed while DH dealt with the kids' morning stuff. Then I sent him to work and took the kids for a walk and to the park. <sigh> We'll see what happens tonight. My MW suggested eating lots of pineapple. Sounds like a good enough idea to me. I was sooo excited about a due date/solstice babe!!!

Can't wait to hear from the rest of you out there in labourland!

#14 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 03:34 PM

things have kind of petered out here...I guess I got a taste of prodromal labor. I had it with my last pregnancy too. I am just really tired now and hope to get lots of good sleep tonight.

#15 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 04:06 PM

Same - all signs gone. I'm so disappointed with getting my hopes up - I was so sure. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisheva View Post

I finally woke DH up at 6:30 to have him cancel his work day. I got in the bathtub because I was feeling *that* uncomfortable and had him shlep the birth pool up from the basement.. KISS.OF.DEATH. Everything stopped. Not even BH contrax. :( I went back to bed while DH dealt with the kids' morning stuff. Then I sent him to work and took the kids for a walk and to the park. <sigh> We'll see what happens tonight. My MW suggested eating lots of pineapple. Sounds like a good enough idea to me. I was sooo excited about a due date/solstice babe!!!

Can't wait to hear from the rest of you out there in labourland!

Quote:

things have kind of petered out here...I guess I got a taste of prodromal labor. I had it with my last pregnancy too. I am just really tired now and hope to get lots of good sleep tonight.

#16 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 04:23 PM

I'm with you all here.  I've been having contractions since Wednesday.  Sometime's they're 10-20 min. apart, for like 8 hours... and they hurt!  Lots of cramping too.  I guess the next wave of our DDC babies are getting ready to come!!!

Working, freshly graduated! mama.  Loving life with DHguitar.gif , DD 7/09energy.gif, and DS 06/11 babyboy.gif.

#17 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 04:44 PM

I was very sure a couple nights ago and then, all at once, it halted. 

#18 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 06:25 PM

Lots of prodromal labor here too, but nothing that points to it happening soon. I've not gone overdue in the past, but wondering now if I might!

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#19 of 40 Old 06-22-2011, 12:30 AM

Good luck to you ladies :)

I woke up this morning with nausea, diarreah and contractions - they almost made me throw up. It's midnight now and they haven't let up all day but some of them have been much stronger than others, being hard to walk thru or talk thru but my doctor said to wait until they are all like that before I go to the hospital. A few of them felt like I was being stabbed but I managed to have a nap, and I just woke up and they are still happening quite strong. I'm really hoping this progresses to active labor tomorrow or the next day *crosses fingers* I'm not due for another 6 days but I've had prodromal labor for 2 weeks but never had the nausea with the contractions or the amount of discharge I've had over the last two days among other icky things!

Mama to Arielle babyf.gif07/01/11

#20 of 40 Old 06-22-2011, 06:26 AM

hope it's labor for you! As for me, I slept SO well last night I am pretty glad I didn't go into labor b/c I was exhausted! Now just back to waitingwinky.gif loosing lots of plug....some contractions and a mild backache. Today is ds2's b day so I'm going to do my best to give him a super special day! That should occupy me enough to take my mind off of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seuriu View Post

Good luck to you ladies :)

I woke up this morning with nausea, diarreah and contractions - they almost made me throw up. It's midnight now and they haven't let up all day but some of them have been much stronger than others, being hard to walk thru or talk thru but my doctor said to wait until they are all like that before I go to the hospital. A few of them felt like I was being stabbed but I managed to have a nap, and I just woke up and they are still happening quite strong. I'm really hoping this progresses to active labor tomorrow or the next day *crosses fingers* I'm not due for another 6 days but I've had prodromal labor for 2 weeks but never had the nausea with the contractions or the amount of discharge I've had over the last two days among other icky things!

#21 of 40 Old 06-22-2011, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

Lost some plug last night - yippee!! Slept like a log and feel fine this morning. If only the kids would quit whining...

#22 of 40 Old 06-22-2011, 09:03 AM

I've had lots of prodromal labor stuff this go round which has caught me by surprise as I had none last time. So frustrating.

Claire, book reading, tree loving, coffee drinking wife to K, and happy SAHM to ds G Feb '09 home birth, dd C ~ free birthed June '11, and now a new lil surprise due October 2012 joy.gif

#23 of 40 Old 06-22-2011, 09:41 AM

I'm at work and have been having waves all day.  They were about 40 minutes apart, then 15, and now I've had 3 that were ~6 minutes apart!  They don't last that long and I have no way of timing the length of them.  I'm not sure what to do, because this kind of thing could go on for days (I'm really hoping NOT weeks!)  I don't want to leave work unnecesarily and start my 12 weeks of FMLA only to have the baby wait another 1.5 weeks to be born.  On the other hand I have a 35 minute commute to get home and if this is the start of our birthing day I really wanted to fully relax and start listening to Hypnobabies tracks.shrug.gif  What to do....?

In a few hours my group is going to check out the new work area we are moving to in July.  Apparently it involves a walk of almost a mile from the parking lot through the building to where we will be sitting.  I really want to scope out the area because I need to figure out a pumping situation once I get back to work.  Plus the walk would be good for me.  Though if things intensify I forsee some very freaked out male engineers!

Lovin my SAHD DH and 2 kiddos

#24 of 40 Old 06-22-2011, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by staryla View Post

I'm at work and have been having waves all day.  They were about 40 minutes apart, then 15, and now I've had 3 that were ~6 minutes apart!  They don't last that long and I have no way of timing the length of them.  I'm not sure what to do, because this kind of thing could go on for days (I'm really hoping NOT weeks!)  I don't want to leave work unnecesarily and start my 12 weeks of FMLA only to have the baby wait another 1.5 weeks to be born.  On the other hand I have a 35 minute commute to get home and if this is the start of our birthing day I really wanted to fully relax and start listening to Hypnobabies tracks.shrug.gif  What to do....?

In a few hours my group is going to check out the new work area we are moving to in July.  Apparently it involves a walk of almost a mile from the parking lot through the building to where we will be sitting.  I really want to scope out the area because I need to figure out a pumping situation once I get back to work.  Plus the walk would be good for me.  Though if things intensify I forsee some very freaked out male engineers!

Can you feign illness??? Even though you're about to go into labour, you could come down with theoretical food poisoning or a migraine or something... Enjoy the walk!!!

#25 of 40 Old 06-22-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staryla View Post

Well at least the walk will be able to tell you whether it's real labor or not! Good luck - walking is an interesting thing for me at this point - I try to take one every day though mostly I end up waddling with my hands on my lower back trying to keep my hips from falling apart!

As for me - guess I should head back to the 41+ week thread as my signs are all gone. What I wouldn't give for a lost plug!!! It's funny, all the people texting, emailing, phoning, and commenting on how PG I am, how am I feeling, have I had the baby yet, any signs etc. - none of that was bothering me until after the other night when I thought for sure it was happening. Now anytime anyone says anything I get so upset, I either want to cry, tell them to leave me alone (or send them to http://www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/) or just hide! I know people genuinely care but I don't know anything more than they do so I wish they'd quit asking!

On the other hand other people's births make me happy - I will keep checking back for your birth announcements!!! Sounds like some babies are imminent, :):):)

#26 of 40 Old 06-22-2011, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

Having contrax of some sort right now - *lots* of pressure between my pubic bone and sacrum but not the traditional "wrap around" contrax I remember from my other labours...so BH contrax, I guess. I also have been having lots of spotting today - just brown stuff. Kinda looks like the gunk I get on the first day of my period...am assuming this is my cervix effacing... I might get in the tub to see if the contrax stay or go away. Something is definitely happening but who knows if it will be fruitful tonight...

#27 of 40 Old 06-22-2011, 09:41 PM

Has anyone tried raspberry leaf tea? I just bought some but haven't tried it yet. I've had a lot of strong contractions consistently since yesterday and today and I was debating going to the hospital when they got really bad, but then they started to ease up within an hour and are now coming and going. I bought the tea in hopes that it will help things keep moving along. Any thoughts or advice with it?

#28 of 40 Old 06-22-2011, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

It's funny you mention RRL tea...I made some this aft with the same idea as it has always given me more BH contrax than usual. I chickened out and didn't drink it thinking it might just mess with my head and make me *think* I was in real labour...would love to hear anyone else's opinion/experience, though. Maybe I'll drink it while I'm in the bath in a few min...

#29 of 40 Old 06-22-2011, 09:53 PM

a bath sounds nice ^.^

#30 of 40 Old 06-22-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLtheTinkerbell View Post
It's funny, all the people texting, emailing, phoning, and commenting on how PG I am, how am I feeling, have I had the baby yet, any signs etc. - none of that was bothering me until after the other night when I thought for sure it was happening. Now anytime anyone says anything I get so upset, I either want to cry, tell them to leave me alone (or send them to http://www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/) or just hide! I know people genuinely care but I don't know anything more than they do so I wish they'd quit asking!

Thanks for that website!  Tremendously useful. 

I'm not even getting faked out by labor signs yet.  Just can't sleep because this baby has been squirming all over the place for hours.

lover of K partners.gif mom to S superhero.gifb.12/07  and C joy.gifb.6/11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page