Mothering Forum banner

Anyone else past their EDD and just letting nature take it's course?

2K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  astar326 
#1 ·
My midwife is not a proponent for any kind of induction, even natural methods, and she has reasonably convinced me that the baby will come when it's ready...to trust my baby and my body...but this is getting HARD!!!!!! I'm 41+3 and am 1000% ready for birth. I'm even looking forward to pain at this point!

Everyone IRL is giving me all kinds of [thus far unheeded] advice about eating this or drinking that to get things moving. So far all I'm doing is long walks (as long as I can make them) and sex....that's not really cheating/trying to induce is it? ;) ) but will not be getting a sweep or doing accupuncture or anything like that.

Is there anyone else not doing anything to push things along and just trying to wait patiently?

Sigh!

#27 ·
I'm 40+2 and my doula goes out of town tomorrow (Friday July 1-Sunday). So I'm hoping for either tonight at dinner or honestly not until after she gets back. I mean, I have two backups from her for this weekend, but I spent the big bucks for her and she knows us, you know? And our hospital is the sort of hospital where you really really want a good doula on your side. I guess we'll just see...

#28 ·
40+5 here. My midwife offered to do an internal exam and/or sweep my membranes at my last appt., which was at 40+3, but I declined. I don't know if I'll feel differently if I'm at my next appt., which will be 41+3. The nice thing is that I don't automatically risk out of my home birth at 42 weeks, but I will have to go for a BPP. That's part of the agreement she has with the OB who oversees her. Personally I think baby will come before then on his/her own. I have started inserting EPO at night, but that's it as far as trying to do anything to move the process along. I keep going back to my hypnobabies scripts when I need a reminder that my baby will come in baby's perfect birthing time when baby is ready.

#31 ·
Thanks for the labor vibes! So far, they're not working, but there's still time for a July 4th baby, right? My doula called to check in; she was going to either drive or take the train (easier) downtown with her husband for the evening. I told her to do whatever she likes, as there is nothing happening here at the moment. Some tightening and painless contractions, but nothing to write home about. I guess it's time to see if the pineapple is ripe enough to cut; may as well have a bunch of that tonight. *sigh* 40+6...

#33 ·
42w 5d. had a u/s set up for last friday, but had total pg brain and missed it (it was 1 hr away and we left too late). so trying to reschedule on a holiday weekend wasn't going to happen, so we are set up for tomorrow (when i set it up on friday, i didn't think i would actually need it). we went to see our midwife on saturday and me and the baby look good so far. i'm lucky that she won't risk me out just b/c i'm a certain # of weeks. the midwife made me feel much better about waiting until our baby is ready (she was 3 weeks late with her 4th baby). she felt my cervix and said that it is softening, but closed too tightly for a sweep. so i'm just waiting... using epo orally and suppository, drinking rrl tea, walking, swimming, yoga, resting, eating tons of pineapple, seeing my chiro 2x a week, acupressure, sex (basically almost everything that you have ever heard of). i even tried spicy food, but that kept me up all night with heartburn. hoping to hear/share birth stories soon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.