contraction timer??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-22-2011, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Will/has anyone used a computer contraction timer?  I was looking into a few of them online, but just wondering if you all have any suggestions?

homeschooling, husband pleasing, mama to 3 boys and another little love on the way!chicken3.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2011, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I've never used one before, but I do think contractionmaster.com looks simple to use. I may use it if I feel I need help with that. I don't plan to obsess over timing, but may use it on and off periodically to gauge where I'm at, whether or not to call midwife, etc...

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
Old 06-22-2011, 04:22 PM

I used the one at "the Bump".  I wasn't in love with it, but it did the job well.  I didn't like the one at Contraction Master (last labor) because you had to use the space bar key rather than the mouse.  That was just annoying.

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

Old 06-22-2011, 05:28 PM

I didn't use one on the computer, I have an iPhone app that timed my contractions. I liked that better because I could easily take my phone with me where ever I was, instead of having to stay right near the computer.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

Old 06-22-2011, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Sweet.  Thanks. I am going to bookmark them and just see how labor plays out.  Hopefully I won't need to use it, but it would be fun to track.

homeschooling, husband pleasing, mama to 3 boys and another little love on the way!chicken3.gif
Old 06-25-2011, 04:23 PM

Thanks for posting these, btw - I didn't know anything like this existed!  Just timed about an hour of Braxton hicks - just for fun - it was interesting to track.  I think it will be useful when I have ACTUAL contrax.  Btw, I was using The Bump site one and liked it.

User Tag List