Had my Hypnobabies birth! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-26-2011, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm typing one handed while pumping, so no full story at the moment. Baby girl was born 6/23 early morning after 6.5 hours of pressure waves. I listened to Birthing Day Affirmations and Early Birthing Time. They were wonderful! I switched to the Pushing Baby Out CD for pushing. She was out in 8 pushes, 20 minutes after the midwife arrived. I hadn't even been at the hospital long enough to get allchecked in and was in an exam room the size of my bathroom. All of the l&d rooms were full. After a 28 hour birthing (not hypno) with my son, this was crazy fast! I never felt fear, that it was too much to handle, that I couldn't do it. It was intense and amazing. I credit the HB with helping me feel calm, focused, centered the whole time. I tried to concentrate on relaxing my hands and face during waves. I didn't use my switches as much as I'd thought. My doula did the release cue, I did peace cue. She reminded me to relax and let my body do what it knew how to do, and I did. I really can't recommend it enough. I'll try to get a full version up at some point. Crystal, I wanted you to have something to read! I hope you haven't gone already. I haven't checked threads.

Update:

Here's the full story, as best I can remember it.

9 pm 6/22 Watched a friend's birth slide show again, reread her story and some hypnobabies stories while listening to birthing day affirmations for the 2nd or 3rd day. I felt ready to have the baby. Around 1045, I started to feel some different sensations, thought it might possibly be something, kept a casual eye on time while watching movie. At 1130, I texted my doula, my photog and care for DS at hospital to let them know it might possibly be something, but I totally wasn't sure. Waves were 5-8 minutes apart. At 1230, I still wasn't sure. Decided to go lay down. Either things would peter out or I would be glad I had the rest. DS got up once to pee and I helped him. I had Birthing Day Affirmations playing as I lay there. I napped for maybe 15 minutes. At 130, I decided it definitely was time, but it was still really early. So, I should do something to distract myself. I decided to get up and bake chocolate chocolate chip cookies. As soon as I got out of bed, I knew that I would not be making cookies. I wass surprised at how strong the waves were so early.

With DS, it was 28 hours from suspicion to birth. I knew this time would be shorter, but it still was very early. I apologetically called my doula and she arrived around 2. I wanted to lay down so I could totally relax during the waves, but didn't want to slow things down (that happened with DS). She suggested I do a few standing with DH supporting me. I also did some leaning on furniture. Eventually, I would lay down on the couch as a wave started, then get up. I focused on keeping my hands and face relaxed. I had made a playlist with my favorite tracks, but was getting annoyed with most of them. Decided to just listen to Affirmations and Easy 1st Stage. I was feeling very calm and focused. The waves were more intense than I expected for this point, but I felt like myself in between them. I had a lot of pressure in my butt. my doula suggested I try to poop. I was successful and had less pressure.The photog  was there when I came out, around 3.We'd given the midwife a heads up call around 230, I think. Around now, I got really cold and was shaking and shivering. Waves were around 3-5 minutes apart, had been for a bit and were more intense, but not really longer. It felt good to vocalize, but I didn't need to. We discussed if it was time to go. I was scared to go to the hospital too early. (I stalled out w DS when we went, ended up there for, like, 18 hours.) I was still fully myself in between waves. We decided to try to warm me up and see if that stopped the shivering. Got blanket and tea and it did stop. I think we called the friend who was to be with DS at the hospital around now. I decided to try to poop again. In there, I realized pushing felt a little too good and knew it was time to go. When I got out of the bathroom, she was there and everyone had also decided it was time to go. DH was getting DS up. Doula was talking to midwife.

I think I was able to talk to DS and hug him in between waves. I was happy to see him. He seemed excited to meet his sister. It took a long time for me to get out to the car. Have a wave, put on shoes. Have another, put on jacket. Have another, stand in doorway. L drove DS in our car. The doula drove DH and I in her van. I didn't feel up to sitting up, so I laid down in the way back. DH sat on the folded down middle seat, holding my hand and talking to me. The ride was so bumpy. It was terrible. I was vocalizing in the van.

At the hospital, we entered through the ER. DH answered most of the questions. I still had my Hypnobabies playing. I sat in the wheelchair and kept my head down in between waves. This was probably 445, 5 am? I got wheeled to L&D. They were full, so they put me in an exam room where the nurse asked such questions as "Why are you here today?" (Uh, I'm having a baby) "What symptoms are you having?" This is while my waves are coming maybe every 3 minutes. The doula asked if I needed to be the one answering these questions and the nurse insisted I did. It was weird. This room was, like, the size of my bathroom. So, I have a pushing urge during this intake survey. The nurse wants to check me if I'm pushing. Says I'm a 6-7, continues to ask more dumb questions. At this point, the midwife arrived and I started pushing for real. My body was bearing down. I was helping a little. Tons of nurses were there, 11 or 12 people total in the room, this tiny room. Doula remembered to switch the CD to "Pushing Baby Out". Through the whole time, she was using Hypnobabies cues, reminding me to relax and let my body do it's work. She was really amazing. She asked if she should switch places with DH, but I wanted him to keep DS. It was so crowded in the room and I was making some sort of loud grunting noises. I was worried he would be afraid. She was out in about 8 pushes, 20 minutes after the midwife arrived in the room. The first push broke my water. I had intended to squat to push, but in the moment, laying on my side felt right. I could feel every sensation. It was so cool. I could feel her getting low in my birth canal, then going back up, then getting low again. Doula kept reminding me to relax and let my body do its work. She had just the right words for the time. Other than her voice and the HB track, the room was pretty quiet, to me. Midwife was reminding me to ease baby out. I did a few small, soft pushes in between pressure waves. The next wave, I felt the ring of fire and reached down to feel her head. The next, her head was out and her arms, then, in the next, her body came out in a slippery, bony mass.

They brought her to my chest. She pooped a huge poop on my belly. I put her to my breast. She licked it a little, but didn't nurse. I could tell she had a lot of mucus in her mouth.DS and DH cut the cord together. She ended up having trouble breathing, needing to go to the nursery. All is well now.

Nursing is going GREAT! She took to it right away. I was worried. I credit those first little licks she got in, coupled with me not showering before I was able to get her back to the breast. (That wasn't my plan, I just didn't want to use a communal shower.)

My tips: 1) if you have to go sit in the nursery, bring a donut to sit on! My booty was fine off the bat, but sitting upright for day on end really made it sore. 2) Get a belly binder! I got one and have been wearing it when I'm not doing skin to skin. I am, like, 2" away from wearing regular clothes! I had an innie belly button again on day one! I'm happy to share mine when I'm done with it.

I don't know that I'd say my birth was pain free, but it was definitely not painful. I never felt afraid, I never felt that I couldn't do it, I never felt out of control. I felt calm, focused, powerful throughout. Aside from the nursery stay, I would change nothing. Visualizing my birth helped so much. In the weeks before, I did every day, the same way. It didn't happen exactly that way (much faster, different time of day, pushing position), but I'm so amazingly happy with the experience.

We are an all cloth family! I used only cloth pads, never even opened the sposie ones. DH took a cloth diaper down to the nursery. They were putting her first sposie on her. He made them take it off and put on the cloth! They had to weigh them before I put them on and after she wet in them, but were super accomodating.

I so would recommend Hypnobabies to anyone. The calm and focus it brought, if nothing else, was worth the price.

BFing, bedsharing, toddler wearing, non-circing, vegan mama to the sweetest boy in the world (2/08), wife to my spicy rock star (4/06) and expecting a new family member 6/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2011, 04:37 PM

Congratulations on a lovely birth!!!

Old 06-26-2011, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I suspected you were birthing! I was thinking about you today and realized that I hadn't seen a post from  you in awhile!!! Still preggo here, so maybe I'll get a chance to read your full story before I birth. Sounds like it went really well though! Hurray - congratulations mama! Welcome baby girl!

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
Old 06-26-2011, 05:31 PM

congrats!!!

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

Old 06-26-2011, 05:39 PM

congratulations!

i didn't use my switch at all, just listened to the cds. my mw raved about how calm and normal my birth was and commented that she often couldn't tell, even during transition, when i was having contractions. 

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

Old 06-26-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa kamuri View Post

congratulations!

i didn't use my switch at all, just listened to the cds. my mw raved about how calm and normal my birth was and commented that she often couldn't tell, even during transition, when i was having contractions. 

Wow. That's so amazing! I'm glad that I chose to prepare myself with hypnobabies!

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
Old 06-26-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimming-duck View Post

Wow. That's so amazing! I'm glad that I chose to prepare myself with hypnobabies!

absolutely! it's been an empowering experience. 

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

Old 06-26-2011, 10:39 PM

Congratulations!

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:44 AM

DDCC from July.  Congratulations!....I've been waiting patiently for a hypnobabies story to emerge.  I'm glad to hear it went fast/well.  Waiting patiently to have our hypnobabies birth story of our own at the end of next month.

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

Old 06-27-2011, 12:08 PM

Congrats, mama!! Hooray for hypnobabies!! joy.gif
Can't wait to hear more!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

Old 06-27-2011, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

I'm typing one handed while pumping, so no full story at the moment. Baby girl was born 6/23 early morning after 6.5 hours of pressure waves. I listened to Birthing Day Affirmations and Early Birthing Time. They were wonderful! I switched to the Pushing Baby Out CD for pushing. She was out in 8 pushes, 20 minutes after the midwife arrived. I hadn't even been at the hospital long enough to get allchecked in and was in an exam room the size of my bathroom. All of the l&d rooms were full. After a 28 hour birthing (not hypno) with my son, this was crazy fast! I never felt fear, that it was too much to handle, that I couldn't do it. It was intense and amazing. I credit the HB with helping me feel calm, focused, centered the whole time. I tried to concentrate on relaxing my hands and face during waves. I didn't use my switches as much as I'd thought. My doula did the release cue, I did peace cue. She reminded me to relax and let my body do what it knew how to do, and I did. I really can't recommend it enough. I'll try to get a full version up at some point. Crystal, I wanted you to have something to read! I hope you haven't gone already. I haven't checked threads.

Update:

Here's the full story, as best I can remember it.

9 pm 6/22 Watched a friend's birth slide show again, reread her story and some hypnobabies stories while listening to birthing day affirmations for the 2nd or 3rd day. I felt ready to have the baby. Around 1045, I started to feel some different sensations, thought it might possibly be something, kept a casual eye on time while watching movie. At 1130, I texted my doula, my photog and care for DS at hospital to let them know it might possibly be something, but I totally wasn't sure. Waves were 5-8 minutes apart. At 1230, I still wasn't sure. Decided to go lay down. Either things would peter out or I would be glad I had the rest. DS got up once to pee and I helped him. I had Birthing Day Affirmations playing as I lay there. I napped for maybe 15 minutes. At 130, I decided it definitely was time, but it was still really early. So, I should do something to distract myself. I decided to get up and bake chocolate chocolate chip cookies. As soon as I got out of bed, I knew that I would not be making cookies. I wass surprised at how strong the waves were so early.

With DS, it was 28 hours from suspicion to birth. I knew this time would be shorter, but it still was very early. I apologetically called my doula and she arrived around 2. I wanted to lay down so I could totally relax during the waves, but didn't want to slow things down (that happened with DS). She suggested I do a few standing with DH supporting me. I also did some leaning on furniture. Eventually, I would lay down on the couch as a wave started, then get up. I focused on keeping my hands and face relaxed. I had made a playlist with my favorite tracks, but was getting annoyed with most of them. Decided to just listen to Affirmations and Easy 1st Stage. I was feeling very calm and focused. The waves were more intense than I expected for this point, but I felt like myself in between them. I had a lot of pressure in my butt. my doula suggested I try to poop. I was successful and had less pressure.The photog  was there when I came out, around 3.We'd given the midwife a heads up call around 230, I think. Around now, I got really cold and was shaking and shivering. Waves were around 3-5 minutes apart, had been for a bit and were more intense, but not really longer. It felt good to vocalize, but I didn't need to. We discussed if it was time to go. I was scared to go to the hospital too early. (I stalled out w DS when we went, ended up there for, like, 18 hours.) I was still fully myself in between waves. We decided to try to warm me up and see if that stopped the shivering. Got blanket and tea and it did stop. I think we called the friend who was to be with DS at the hospital around now. I decided to try to poop again. In there, I realized pushing felt a little too good and knew it was time to go. When I got out of the bathroom, she was there and everyone had also decided it was time to go. DH was getting DS up. Doula was talking to midwife.

I think I was able to talk to DS and hug him in between waves. I was happy to see him. He seemed excited to meet his sister. It took a long time for me to get out to the car. Have a wave, put on shoes. Have another, put on jacket. Have another, stand in doorway. L drove DS in our car. The doula drove DH and I in her van. I didn't feel up to sitting up, so I laid down in the way back. DH sat on the folded down middle seat, holding my hand and talking to me. The ride was so bumpy. It was terrible. I was vocalizing in the van.

At the hospital, we entered through the ER. DH answered most of the questions. I still had my Hypnobabies playing. I sat in the wheelchair and kept my head down in between waves. This was probably 445, 5 am? I got wheeled to L&D. They were full, so they put me in an exam room where the nurse asked such questions as "Why are you here today?" (Uh, I'm having a baby) "What symptoms are you having?" This is while my waves are coming maybe every 3 minutes. The doula asked if I needed to be the one answering these questions and the nurse insisted I did. It was weird. This room was, like, the size of my bathroom. So, I have a pushing urge during this intake survey. The nurse wants to check me if I'm pushing. Says I'm a 6-7, continues to ask more dumb questions. At this point, the midwife arrived and I started pushing for real. My body was bearing down. I was helping a little. Tons of nurses were there, 11 or 12 people total in the room, this tiny room. Doula remembered to switch the CD to "Pushing Baby Out". Through the whole time, she was using Hypnobabies cues, reminding me to relax and let my body do it's work. She was really amazing. She asked if she should switch places with DH, but I wanted him to keep DS. It was so crowded in the room and I was making some sort of loud grunting noises. I was worried he would be afraid. She was out in about 8 pushes, 20 minutes after the midwife arrived in the room. The first push broke my water. I had intended to squat to push, but in the moment, laying on my side felt right. I could feel every sensation. It was so cool. I could feel her getting low in my birth canal, then going back up, then getting low again. Doula kept reminding me to relax and let my body do its work. She had just the right words for the time. Other than her voice and the HB track, the room was pretty quiet, to me. Midwife was reminding me to ease baby out. I did a few small, soft pushes in between pressure waves. The next wave, I felt the ring of fire and reached down to feel her head. The next, her head was out and her arms, then, in the next, her body came out in a slippery, bony mass.

They brought her to my chest. She pooped a huge poop on my belly. I put her to my breast. She licked it a little, but didn't nurse. I could tell she had a lot of mucus in her mouth.DS and DH cut the cord together. She ended up having trouble breathing, needing to go to the nursery. All is well now.

Nursing is going GREAT! She took to it right away. I was worried. I credit those first little licks she got in, coupled with me not showering before I was able to get her back to the breast. (That wasn't my plan, I just didn't want to use a communal shower.)

My tips: 1) if you have to go sit in the nursery, bring a donut to sit on! My booty was fine off the bat, but sitting upright for day on end really made it sore. 2) Get a belly binder! I got one and have been wearing it when I'm not doing skin to skin. I am, like, 2" away from wearing regular clothes! I had an innie belly button again on day one! I'm happy to share mine when I'm done with it.

I don't know that I'd say my birth was pain free, but it was definitely not painful. I never felt afraid, I never felt that I couldn't do it, I never felt out of control. I felt calm, focused, powerful throughout. Aside from the nursery stay, I would change nothing. Visualizing my birth helped so much. In the weeks before, I did every day, the same way. It didn't happen exactly that way (much faster, different time of day, pushing position), but I'm so amazingly happy with the experience.

We are an all cloth family! I used only cloth pads, never even opened the sposie ones. DH took a cloth diaper down to the nursery. They were putting her first sposie on her. He made them take it off and put on the cloth! They had to weigh them before I put them on and after she wet in them, but were super accomodating.

I so would recommend Hypnobabies to anyone. The calm and focus it brought, if nothing else, was worth the price.

BFing, bedsharing, toddler wearing, non-circing, vegan mama to the sweetest boy in the world (2/08), wife to my spicy rock star (4/06) and expecting a new family member 6/11
Old 06-27-2011, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Added full birth story. How do I edit the thread title?

Old 06-27-2011, 08:36 PM

Oh my goodness, what an encouraging-beautiful story!  Thank you for sharing! Congratulations!!  thumbsup.gif

homeschooling, husband pleasing, mama to 3 boys and another little love on the way!chicken3.gif
Old 06-27-2011, 09:31 PM

Another wonderful hypnobabies birth!! Thank you for sharing!

Old 06-27-2011, 09:32 PM

What a great birth story. Thanks for sharing!

User Tag List