Mothering Forum banner

Traveling

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Momsteader 
#1 ·
How soon would you travel with baby? We are thinking of going to see family (four hour flight each way) in August. Baby will be 7 weeks old at that point. Am I being paranoid of baby catching something on the plane?? I am just terrified of baby getting sick, much less traveling with all three kids. Would you do it or wait??

#2 ·
I flew when my 1st daughter was 2w - no other adults but in the company of my three older children. In the winter. With layovers. With about a hundred car seats and bags. I wore her in the Moby.

I wasn't worried about her getting sick (babywearing!) and we all survived but it was trying. I'm typically out and living life within a week of birth so YMMV.

#4 ·
We're planning a beach vacation at the beginning of August, which will entail driving about 8 hours from home. I'd much rather do a 4 hour flight than an 8 hour car ride. :) I don't think she'll get sick. Just wear her instead, which will also leave your hands free to wrangle your other kids and your stuff.

#5 ·
I'm planning on wearing her and such, I just had a sort of mini panic attack about it all. Dh is coming with me and we are probably only going to take the infant seat with us (family has more seats there for the other girls), so hopefully it won't be too much. I think part of my anxiety tends to be reading about flying and all the commentors are so rude about people with kids. My kids are well-behaved and I try really hard, but I still worry so much about it all. A personal problem that I'm sure I can blame on my mother.
winky.gif

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaayeh View Post

I'm planning on wearing her and such, I just had a sort of mini panic attack about it all. Dh is coming with me and we are probably only going to take the infant seat with us (family has more seats there for the other girls), so hopefully it won't be too much. I think part of my anxiety tends to be reading about flying and all the commentors are so rude about people with kids. My kids are well-behaved and I try really hard, but I still worry so much about it all. A personal problem that I'm sure I can blame on my mother.
winky.gif
Forget about the other people, love. Your kids have a right to fly too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.