July Postpartum Chat - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 215 Old 07-08-2011, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Smokering pointed out that we are, in fact, into a whole new month! Here's the July PP chat thread!

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 215 Old 07-08-2011, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

I've heard of it. I thought Eats on Feets was a better name. :p I'm not on Facebook, though... I did tell my midwife that I was willing to donate, though; a lot of midwives coordinate milk donation between mothers, sort of under the table, if they happen to have a client who can't breastfeed.

I like to think I'm preparing our flatmate well for fatherhood. :p He's single and has no kids, and has led a sheltered life thus far... but since he's moved in with us he's been treated to a front-row view of me fainting, vomiting, wandering around the house in early labour... DH cutting up the placenta and steaming it... my cloth pads drying on the clothes horse... plenty of breastfeeding... and now me with attractive wet patches on my shirt. Not to mention the crying, vomiting and pooping of the baby itself. If he ever should happen to take a wife, nothing will faze him. In the mean time, he spends a lot of time hiding in his room... but then, he's a computer geek, so that's not exactly out of the norm. Oh well, he chose to move in! At least I'm a good cook...

ETA: Also, we're well into July now. Shouldn't we have a new chat thread?

You're not on FB? How do you function? lol   I have friends & family that are all over the world, and all over the States, so FB is the only way to consistently keep in touch with all of them and share pictures and what is going on in our lives.

Your flatmate can probably be considered "bomb proof" now.  :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post

Sorry I have been out of the loop! Finn has turned into a fussy baby and is either nursing or needing to be soothed 24 hours a day!

By the way... I am totally with all of you on the watching TV.. being on the internet while nursing. What else are you suppose to do? haha

I am already tired of the newborn stage... let's get to 3-4 months already!

I'm not tired of it yet! It passes so fast and then they're crawling and walking and getting into everything. Our house is going to be a nightmare to babyproof, mainly because it's so big and old and weird. I'm NOT looking forward to that at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake777 View Post

Oh no, 3-4 months was scary with DD1! I'm all for fast-forwarding to 5 months though.

I'm having a lot of leakiness too. Even with lying on a towel, I've pretty much destroyed our mattress. eyesroll.gif

You guys are going to laugh, but baby Rosa is back to being baby Nameless. I spent 3 days putting off announcing the name, before realising that my reluctance to share it with anyone probably wasn't a good sign. Back to the drawing board...

I cannot sleep without a bra on or I completely soak myself, the baby, the mattress, the sheets, and the pillows. It's like someone opened a milk firehose on the bed. Yuck.

No name baby again! Do you want me to send you my baby names spreadsheet? Maybe it will help you find some inspiration.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#3 of 215 Old 07-08-2011, 06:36 PM

snowflake - we took over a week and really struggled with it.  take your time!

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

#4 of 215 Old 07-08-2011, 06:43 PM

I have to admit that when i leak, i don't even notice it anymmore. Usually DH points it out to me! Jude is super fussy, way more than any of my others. I actually had DH introduce a bottle of expressed breastmilk last night because i was worried that my lack of sleep was affecting my ability to drive safely. I hadn't had more than an hour stretch since he was born and i was starting to get a little looney. Jude took the bottle well and then nursed the rest if the night. It was wonderful to get a good 3 hour stretch in!!

I can't believe it is well into july already. Where has all the time gone?

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#5 of 215 Old 07-08-2011, 07:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Yeah, I'm no hurry for the newborn stage to end. I like newborns, and I LOVE that he sleeps all the time! If he were a bad sleeper I'd no doubt want to fast-forward, but I really like his low-maintenance current state, and I have no guarantee he'll remain this easy when he gets bigger. :p

Quote:
You're not on FB? How do you function?

Heh. It is getting slightly annoying... just because my sisters and mother keep posting photos of Miles on FB, and I haven't seen them, and if I ask DH if I can look on his account he gets very snotty and tells me I should join up myself. :p But... I dunno. I didn't join it initially because I was too antisocial, and read too many threads about "Facebook drama", and didn't really want to know everything about the lives of people I used to go to school wish, and because I wasted too much time online as it was. Now it's mostly just sheer bloodymindedness that prevents me signing up. I dunno, I might cave eventually.

Snowflake: Oh dear. lol.gif So what do you actually call her from day to day? Just "the baby"? (Eh, we call Miles that a fair percentage of the time anyway, and he has a name).

Just beware - the longer you leave announcing the name, the higher people's expectations might climb! I remember once some acquaintances of ours took weeks to name their baby... and we were all waiting with bated breath... and then they called him James. Which, y'know, is a fine, respectable name. But we were all kinda "After all that?". (Not to their faces, of course!) We'd sort of been expecting them to come up with something awesome and crazy after all that time, like Batman Dangertron.. but nope. "James". :p

You don't like Rosamund or Rosamond or Rosalie or Rosemary better than just plain Rosa? Or are you after something totally different? Any way we can help? Is your DH likely to cave on anything he vetoed?

tracymom1 likes this.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#6 of 215 Old 07-08-2011, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Snowflake: Oh dear. lol.gif So what do you actually call her from day to day? Just "the baby"? (Eh, we call Miles that a fair percentage of the time anyway, and he has a name).

We'd sort of been expecting them to come up with something awesome and crazy after all that time, like Batman Dangertron.. but nope. "James". :p

Ezrah has a name too, and most of the time I call him "Baby" when I'm talking to him, and "the baby" when I'm talking about him. For some reason he just seems to little to have a name. He doesn't feel like a whole person to me yet.

Batman Dangertron.... I love it! lol  A friend of mine who has a baby about a month older than mine said that her older son wanted to name the baby Lightening Dragon Fire.

Jenni

#7 of 215 Old 07-08-2011, 08:12 PM

I too have a whole list of unused names that I'd be happy to share!

Well, tonight we actually prepared dinner for the two of us for the first time since we came home. Up until now we've been eating food other people brought, eating takeout, or grazing out of the fridge, and all in the living room because the kitchen has been a wreck. But tonight we actually had a nice sit-down dinner AT the table. Although I had to break halfway through to nurse Amelia and put off finishing my own food... it figures. Then a couple hours later she threw up prodigious amounts all over everything, so we just got done bathing her and getting her and the crib freshly outfitted. Every day is an adventure! Other than that she's seemed normal, so I don't think she's sick or anything. I do hope she doesn't throw up like that again.

I don't know if I'm looking forward to the babyproofing stage either. It seems like we have so much crap everywhere and much of it is far too close to the floor. Although if we can figure out how to keep her out of the wires behind the TV and such, we may be halfway there.

Oh, we also finally got the newborn prefolds I ordered! As soon as our covers are done drying, we can start experimenting with them. Well, maybe we'll wait until morning. Hubby isn't up for a lot of adventuresome diapering in the middle of the night, and I can't say as I blame him much. We just bought a 50-pack of diapers at Walgreens and still have half a pack of Pampers left. I hope we'll manage to get rolling with the cloth diapers and not have to buy any more disposables after these ones. *cross fingers*

I'm still getting used to calling Amelia by her name. Most of the time I call her "munchkin" or "the rugrat" or some such. I have to break myself of that habit eventually or when she starts to talk she's going to think her name is Munchkin. But I have some time before that happens!

#8 of 215 Old 07-09-2011, 05:43 AM

Quote:

Just beware - the longer you leave announcing the name, the higher people's expectations might climb! I remember once some acquaintances of ours took weeks to name their baby... and we were all waiting with bated breath... and then they called him James. Which, y'know, is a fine, respectable name. But we were all kinda "After all that?". (Not to their faces, of course!) We'd sort of been expecting them to come up with something awesome and crazy after all that time, like Batman Dangertron.. but nope. "James". :p

You don't like Rosamund or Rosamond or Rosalie or Rosemary better than just plain Rosa? Or are you after something totally different? Any way we can help? Is your DH likely to cave on anything he vetoed?

We call her Baby Sister or The Baby (first name The, last name Baby).

Expectations - I know, I was thinking that! She'll probably end up being Lilja (the local equivalent of Lily, in both meaning and popularity) with no middle name. People will be like "It took you a month to come up with that??".

I do prefer longer versions of Rosa, but DH isn't sold. He doesn't like long names. Doesn't like middle names. Doesn't like names that have nicknames. Our biggest problem, however, is that he only wants names that are common within his language, and most of those names are completely unpronounceable and/or sound ridiculous in English. I would love to compromise and do one name from each language, but DH thinks that would look weird. You see what I'm up against!

By all means forward me names lists! I'm not sure that it'll help seeing as DH is opposed to most "foreign" names, but at this stage I need all the inspiration I can get.

Mama to a preschooler and a baby.

#9 of 215 Old 07-09-2011, 10:56 AM

Hey Mama's! I hope everyone is feeling well! I completely haven't been around in the two weeks since DD was born but I have a question. When does one's cervix tend to move back up? I ask this because we dtd for the first time at two weeks post partum because I was totally feeling up for it - I had felt up for it for like a week actually but I waited just because I felt like I should. Anywho, it went well but I noticed that DH is still hitting my cervix. It's only low enough to be hit like that when I'm about to have a baby. So my question is, was that happening because we dtd sooner, or am I starting to have a partial prolapse issue or something? I've been doing some squats but not a lot. My hunch is it's fine but I just wanted to hear from others, thanks!

Claire, book reading, tree loving, coffee drinking wife to K, and happy SAHM to ds G Feb '09 home birth, dd C ~ free birthed June '11, and now a new lil surprise due October 2012 joy.gif

#10 of 215 Old 07-09-2011, 11:12 AM

Subbing...

In constant baby-wearing mode here. DH is running the rest of our life so I can be totally free to care for our little guy. I'm tired but managing well. My sweet DD makes me tea and breakfast in bed most days, and if not her, then DH. I feel really cared for. New little one is super demanding. Nursing is going great and most nights he is sleeping from 10-4, with a few feeds that we don't rouse for. When he does wake, he needs consoling. This during the day as well. Lots of cuddles and bouncing on the yoga ball works wonders.

Thinking of you all. Xoxo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#11 of 215 Old 07-09-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeMoon View Post

Hey Mama's! I hope everyone is feeling well! I completely haven't been around in the two weeks since DD was born but I have a question. When does one's cervix tend to move back up? I ask this because we dtd for the first time at two weeks post partum because I was totally feeling up for it - I had felt up for it for like a week actually but I waited just because I felt like I should. Anywho, it went well but I noticed that DH is still hitting my cervix. It's only low enough to be hit like that when I'm about to have a baby. So my question is, was that happening because we dtd sooner, or am I starting to have a partial prolapse issue or something? I've been doing some squats but not a lot. My hunch is it's fine but I just wanted to hear from others, thanks!

First of all, I am in complete shock and awe that you were up to DTD at 2 weeks postpartum! Seriously. Wow. And, yes, the cervix will move up and back. I don't know exactly how long it takes, but I know I have done cervical checks around 6 weeks pp and it is back where it should be. If you have other issues like incontinence or cramping that might mean something - but if you are feeling good enough to DTD, I would think everything is just fine!

Snowflake, good luck with the ongoing name saga! I hope you feel settled with a choice very soon.

Smokering, just join the stupid Facebook! You know you want to orngtongue.gif No, just kidding - I think if I hadn't joined way back when, I never would have. I knew a few girls from high school were on there and I really wanted to catch up with them and it all just kind of snowballed from there. I have often thought of deleting my profile because of a lot of snarkery that happens on there, but instead I have just gotten used to blocking people and only hanging with my good friends and family. I really don't blame you for holding out.

I am flying solo with all three little ones this weekend. Wish me luck! I desperately need it!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#12 of 215 Old 07-09-2011, 12:24 PM

I am glad to know that I am not the only mama who has a little fuss ball :) He generally is sweet though... just the typical newborn--- hungry 24-7 and wants to be held/patted/swaddled. Luckily my DH let's me take a big nap on the mornings that he is home. <--- makes a HUGE difference!

Smokering--- don't worry, I didn't want to join FB either... but almost all of my contact with the inlaws and family happens through there so it's kind of a necessity unless I want to individually email people things... ugh.  I think about cancelling my account ALL the time. It creeps me out that almost anyone can find a way to look at anything that I put on there. Even with the privacy settings...

I hope that all of you are doing well and feeling great! I know that I am living in a fog of sleepiness and ZERO energy... I can't believe that some of you are feeling up to DTD!!!! <--- I can't even think about that yet!!!!

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#13 of 215 Old 07-09-2011, 01:58 PM

I do prefer longer versions of Rosa, but DH isn't sold. He doesn't like long names. Doesn't like middle names. Doesn't like names that have nicknames. Our biggest problem, however, is that he only wants names that are common within his language, and most of those names are completely unpronounceable and/or sound ridiculous in English. I would love to compromise and do one name from each language, but DH thinks that would look weird. You see what I'm up against!

By all means forward me names lists! I'm not sure that it'll help seeing as DH is opposed to most "foreign" names, but at this stage I need all the inspiration I can get.

What language is it? 

Rosalie and Rosalia were on our short list.  DH preferred Rosa, himself, but was flexible . . .

#14 of 215 Old 07-09-2011, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Expectations - I know, I was thinking that! She'll probably end up being Lilja (the local equivalent of Lily, in both meaning and popularity) with no middle name. People will be like "It took you a month to come up with that??".

Oh, that's pretty! I like it. I don't think it'll disappoint anyone. :) Um, this is probably a dumb question, but where do you live? I was trying to figure out what language your DH speaks - Rosa sounds vaguely Spanish-flavoured to me, but Lilja doesn't.

Quote:

I don't know if I'm looking forward to the babyproofing stage either. It seems like we have so much crap everywhere and much of it is far too close to the floor. Although if we can figure out how to keep her out of the wires behind the TV and such, we may be halfway there.

We got lucky with the babyproofing last time, I think. DD was comparatively undestructive and unsuicidal. With a boy this time, I'm worried it might be different! We have a lot of computer stuff... and also a projector, which EVERY toddler who visits zeroes in on. It seems like the focus knob thing is twiddled and covered with sticky fingerprints after every playdate. Mind you, it's old - I think it'll probably die before the baby's old enough to pesk it!

We do have a lot of heavy wooden furniture, and I remember when our in-laws tried to convince me to sand the corners off my glory box so DD wouldn't bang her head on them. I was like "Are you kidding? Heads heal, but that would ruin my glory box!" :p So far, no disasters...

In other news, DD (our three-year-old) is driving me INSANE. She's picked up an incredibly snotty, teenagey attitude; answers back to everything. Every time I say "Don't do this" (usually "Don't squeak the baby's cheeks, that hurts him" or "Don't squash his head, he's sleeping" or variants thereof) she'll automatically reply "But I WANT to!" in a rude voice. And every time I ask her to do something, she'll say "I don't want to". Like clockwork. Every. Single. Time. And she whines! Whines about getting up, about going to sleep, about going to the potty, about putting clothes on, about putting weather-appropriate clothes on, about keeping her socks or slippers on in the house (it's cold here), about being told to sit still while we're watching something, about being told not to jump on the couch... And when she does finally consent to do something, she'll say "Fine, whatever" and stomp off to do it. It's kind of hilarious in its sheer teenageyness, but it's also incredibly obnoxious. Any magic ideas, or consolation that this is a stage all kids go through at three-and-a-third and that they grow out of it at three-and-a-third-and-a-bit?

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#15 of 215 Old 07-09-2011, 02:07 PM

Smokering:  I don't think gender has to do with toddler suicidal behavior - it's my fearless 2 yr old daughter whom I'm banking will send us to the ER someday soon.

All three of my older kids have had what I feel like has been at LEAST a tantrum a day since our little one was born.  They have seemed to GRADUALLY decrease in quantity and quality as time has gone on . . . so my only offer of hope for you and your 3 year old is time?

#16 of 215 Old 07-09-2011, 02:30 PM

DTD - Yeah, I'm making full use of my 6 weeks on that one. But to answer the question, I felt up there the other day whilst showering and my cervix was really low.

Quote:

Um, this is probably a dumb question, but where do you live?

Not a dumb question! I feel really daft making vague references to it, but I try to maintain some online privacy (I don't really need my friends knowing about my cervix height) which is why I don't say where I am. I'll just PM you. Or better still you could join FB and read all about it! (Peer pressure...)

No idea about the 3 year old stubbornness & attitude. I can only commiserate. Our biggest issue at the moment is bedtime. It takes HOURS to get her to sleep. It's completely out of control.

#17 of 215 Old 07-09-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:

In other news, DD (our three-year-old) is driving me INSANE. She's picked up an incredibly snotty, teenagey attitude; answers back to everything. Every time I say "Don't do this" (usually "Don't squeak the baby's cheeks, that hurts him" or "Don't squash his head, he's sleeping" or variants thereof) she'll automatically reply "But I WANT to!" in a rude voice. And every time I ask her to do something, she'll say "I don't want to". Like clockwork. Every. Single. Time. And she whines! Whines about getting up, about going to sleep, about going to the potty, about putting clothes on, about putting weather-appropriate clothes on, about keeping her socks or slippers on in the house (it's cold here), about being told to sit still while we're watching something, about being told not to jump on the couch... And when she does finally consent to do something, she'll say "Fine, whatever" and stomp off to do it. It's kind of hilarious in its sheer teenageyness, but it's also incredibly obnoxious. Any magic ideas, or consolation that this is a stage all kids go through at three-and-a-third and that they grow out of it at three-and-a-third-and-a-bit?

This is my life...except with an added 6 year old that is commenting and behaving awesomely.  It gets SO old, so fast.  Dh has really been losing it on the older kids lately.  He just can't seem to deal with the chaos as well now with three.  He wants to react in a "Don't do that or I'm going to..." attitude whereas I try to distract and get them doing other activities so they aren't as annoying.  He is probably making me more crazy than anyone!!

As far as DTD...I'm SO far away from that physically and mentally.  A)  I'm touched out and can't stand the thought of someone else pawing at me.  B)  I had some fairly decent skid marks that are still healing (although nicely) that I'm not wanting to disturb until they are fully healed.  As for the cervix, mine always seemed low after my first two kids...would kegels help?  I try to remember to do them, but it's not on the top of my list.

On a happy note, I took a really nice long walk this morning and it was wonderful!  I left the baby home with dh and took my older girls and the dog.  We walked 3 miles.  It just felt so good to get out and move again after feeling so unable to move those last few months. 

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

#18 of 215 Old 07-09-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:

I'm at 5 weeks PP. DH and I DTD about 2 weeks(?) after having DD2. He kept hitting my cervix and it was not pleasant. Every time we tried after that (3 times maybe) he kept hitting it. We DTD last night and it was the first time I got to enjoy sex since about 2 months before giving birth. So for me it was 5 weeks.

I'm beginning to think DD broke my tailbone on her way out. It still aches really bad when I sit for long periods.

Life has been crazy. I'll update more later.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#19 of 215 Old 07-09-2011, 07:00 PM

Spit up question:  DD spits up constantly.  I'm pretty sure a lot of it is oversupply, but this seems to be more than my other kids.  Essentially, she nurses, I pull her off to burp, she gives me a huge burp followed a second later by a huge amount of milk.  This evening I have noticed there are streaks of bright yellow in the spit up.  What is this?!

#20 of 215 Old 07-09-2011, 07:02 PM

Wow.  So much to catch up on, and I so rarely have free hands to type!  I can do the one handed peck thing, but I'm too wordy to do that on Mothering. smile.gif

Lydia is doing well.  Today we had a joint shower with a friend who also had a girl 6 days after her (our daughters are 3 months apart!).  A baby boy born 10 days after Lydia was there, and we have some adorable photos of the babies laying on a blanket together and touching each other. 

Lydia is HUGE.  She is four weeks today and weighs 11 lbs. 4 oz. I am so thankful that I can make milk and both my babies grew fat and happy quickly, but I'm sad that I didn't hardly get to put a single newborn sized outfit on my girl!  She is so cute though!  She has dark blue eyes and light hair, long eyelashes, and a perfectly shaped head.  All of her features are little and delicate and feminine.  She got my long fingers and oval fingernails.  I just love to look at her!  Today she really seems to be responding to my smiles!  

We've been dealing with fussiness for several hours in the evening.  It's like she wants to sleep, but something doesn't feel right and after I get her settled, she'll wake up screaming again.  So, I've been giving her TINY amounts of Tummy Tune Up (a probiotic).  It really seems to be making a difference.  Instead of crying, she lays there happily looking around.  I'm hoping we found the secret.  We will be looking at our family diet soon and trying to eliminate food allergies, but it doesn't seem to be extreme in any case.

Oh, and DD gave Lydia a cold.  So now we are dealing with congestion while trying to nurse, etc. greensad.gif  I feel awful when she's struggling to clear her nose, but the bulb sucker thing is absolute torture, and she seems to be handling the baby snot on her own just fine.  Eating and sleeping is noisy, but it's still happening.  I have been taking C and D and echinacia for Lydia to get in the breastmilk.  It is bizarre though, that her snot is bright yellow!  The pediatrician saw it Friday and wasn't concerned, but it is strange looking.  I think she is better today than yesterday, so let's hope this passes soon!  It's so strange how I don't appreciate my children breathing clearly until they can't!  Let's stay well, little people!

I think it's a miracle that anyone can find the time to dtd.  Between a 2.5 year old who doesn't want to stay in bed at night and gets up at 7:30 AM and a newborn who doesn't sleep in the PM, we hardly get to kiss goodnight!

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#21 of 215 Old 07-09-2011, 07:08 PM

Jenni--- Things any better with your mom yet? I've been thinking about you today! Prayers :)

I think I am starting to figure out all the tricks to making Finn happy... now, if I could just get him to sleep for more than 2 hours <---- this usually includes him fussing and grunting for at least 15 min going to sleep and waking up. My arms are going to be SO buff from patting his back endlessly.

Does feeding on your side at night cause problems? BC I swear that he can't get enough and he gets super gassy..... this is disappointing :( I hate having to sit up to feed him.... staring into the darkness all alone.... I've also started giving him a bottle sometime at night bc it allows him to get a good amount of milk all at one time ...and as long as I give him some gripe water and a good burp... he sleeps for a good 2 hours. <--- I have just jinxed myself :(

Any tips for cradle cap?

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#22 of 215 Old 07-10-2011, 12:56 AM

With DD, I used oil (olive or coconut) to gently loosen cradle cap then gently rubbed it off.  That was fine until at 4 months, all her hair came off with a particularly bad case of it!  I think, though, that it was just loose, because my MIL said her boys lost their hair at 4 months.  It came back at 5 months though.  She wore a lot of bonnets while waiting for it to come back!

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#23 of 215 Old 07-10-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:

We usually have done it 2 weeks PP, same this time. If you have desire it won't hurt a thing. Your body is still returning to its prepreg state so keep that in mind. 

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#24 of 215 Old 07-10-2011, 09:40 AM

I haven't been posting here in a while. Every time I sit here at my computer someone comes to talk to me. I feel so annoyed. My desk used to be in our dining room so kind of away from "the action" and now our dining and living room is a combo so no buffer zone it seems. I have a netbook upstairs, but I hate using it.

I have been having a hard time emotionally, we are still unsettled w/ moving and now dh had to go back to NM b/c of work. His leave ran out and he has not received a job transfer like he thought he would, by the time his baby leave ran out. I feel so upset and cry multiple times a day and now I have to do everything and my older girls have to help more too. I just feel crappy and mad about all of this. 

Yesterday I too all the kids to Mass and to get groceries since most stores are 45 minutes away, I had to combine the trip instead of leaving some older ones w/ the younger ones b/c of the distance. It seems wasteful on gas to go another day for convenience of not shopping w/ little ones. Eiley and Finnian were terrible at the store we stopped at before coming home and then three screamed all the way home. 

We are also having trouble w/ the renters who were supposed to be moving in July 1st, putting more money stress on us as well. I honestly feel like everything sucks and yet I am well, my baby is well, my kids are well, we have a new roof on our house here, etc, the I feel guilty for feeling weepy, sad when things aren't THAT bad. I just miss my dh terribly, don't know how long this separation will be, but am mad at him too. Ugh!

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#25 of 215 Old 07-10-2011, 11:10 AM

Thanks for the responses Mama's! I'm glad to hear it's normal. I do need to get better about doing squats though. 

JosieAK~ the only way it's happening is because my 2.5 yo DS still naps. And DD sleeps like all the time during the day so they usually both nap at the same time. I've been going to bed early with DD, and DH has been putting DS to sleep who is a night owl so there's no way it could happen then. 

In sleep news I've found that DD is awake like 5 hours in a 24 hour period, and when it all happens during the day she only wakes up to nurse at night, but like a third of the time two of the five hours are happening from like midnight to two am. Is anyone else having this type of pattern? She's a much better sleeper than DS was at this age though. The midnight to two am awake time doesn't bother me if I go to bed at like 9:00 pm, it's just hard because DS doesn't go to bed until 11:00 (I know, I know, he's a night owl though and it's just his way), so I feel like the awake time with her in the middle of the night equals me having less time with DS. The nights where she is awake from like 6:00 to 10:00 pm are perfect. If only it was that way every night, le sigh.

Claire, book reading, tree loving, coffee drinking wife to K, and happy SAHM to ds G Feb '09 home birth, dd C ~ free birthed June '11, and now a new lil surprise due October 2012 joy.gif

#26 of 215 Old 07-10-2011, 11:24 AM

Oh Annabelle, I'm so sorry :-( I would be a complete wreck if my DH wasn't around. Don't feel bad for feeling what you're feeling!

#27 of 215 Old 07-10-2011, 12:10 PM

Oh AB, love you mama! Praying for you always.

#28 of 215 Old 07-10-2011, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

The mere thought of sex makes me want to vomit. I have zero desire, which is probably a good thing since I don't have a partner. lol  I've reached the point where I don't want anyone to touch me, ever, so sex would be lots of touching that I don't want.

Annabelle I'm so sorry to hear that your husband had to leave for work and that you're having stress. Adjusting to a new little person is hard enough without adding in your move, the new house, financial issues, and then your husband being away on top of it all. Hugs!

MaryE, I have a hard time nursing on my side because Ezrah can't get a good latch. The angle is all weird and I end up having to smoosh the top of my breast out of the way so he can breathe. I've developed a system where I'll toss a big pillow on top of my sleeping pillow and then nurse in a semi-reclined position. Ezrah is basically lying on my stomach and kind of on top of my breast while he nurses. But it works out well and I don't have to move much so we're both happy.

Thank you for asking about the situation with my mom. They're sort of getting better... we need to sit down and talk but haven't had time. And she's working today so I'll have to try and talk this evening. There is hope for us staying, but we have to talk and then I have to follow through with whatever, which is really hard for me. My ADHD causes major troubles with consistency and follow-through, which is affecting not only my parenting of the big kids, but their attitudes as well. I spent a couple of hours today making schedules that we can follow and hopefully that will help. I struggle mightily in the summer because I don't have the normal time constraints that I have during the school year. I'm still not done with the schedules, but I need to sit down with the kids and talk a few more things out before they're done all the way.

Jenni

#29 of 215 Old 07-10-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:

Oh Annabelle, I'm so sorry :-( I would be a complete wreck if my DH wasn't around. Don't feel bad for feeling what you're feeling!

What Orangemoon said. grouphug.gif

I'm in a mood today. Being constantly covered in baby puke and stale milk is getting me down. Baby girl is in "only mama can hold me" mode. I'm all touched-out and badly need a shower. The house is a mess and DD1 is living on nothing but cake and juice.

#30 of 215 Old 07-10-2011, 02:46 PM

Snowflake, haven't read the whole thread, but we have a local friend whose mother is Polish. The little guy's name is "Miles" but she and her Polish relatives call him Milosh (not sure on spelling, just heard it pronounced) the Polish equivalent of Miles. So he essentially has two names. He's 7 or 8 and seems a-okay ;) So, I'd say if you could find a name like that...you could easily do 'both'.

I definitely don't want to fast forward the newborn stage! I love the cuddly, almost 100% mama time of the stage :) It probably also helps that I have a dreamy, perfect newborn and I'm scared he'll turn into a fussy 6 week old LOL  He goes down at 9 pm in the basinette and sleeps at least 2-3 hrs. Then up to just nurse and down for at least two more 3 hr stretches sleeping with me. Awaking 'snacky' about 6 am and I get up and my older son out the door by 7 am for Driver's Ed and do our chicken chores (we have close to 100 at the moment). Then, I'll usually lie down again with him until 930 or 1000 when my next son wakes up and then we're up for the day. He'll take a good 2 hr nap about that point in the basinette up again eating and looking around. Then down around 300 for another 2 hours. So, I am getting plenty of time to get things done and it seems to be running pretty smoothly around here.

Erigeron--good luck on CDing :)  I have cloth diapered all mine so LMK if you have questions.  I used the pack of sposies they gave up in the hospital and don't even have one in the house! I'm pretty 'hard core' though and even use them on trips and camping and everything LOL

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page