The BIG Thank You Thread!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 161 Old 10-13-2010, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is the place to thank our wonderful helpers directly!

MIN's - Please post here with thank you's using the special login and please include your FIN #

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#2 of 161 Old 10-13-2010, 11:43 PM

FIN #9

To my wonderful MDC mama living in the southern part of my state. (You know who you are )
My package arrived today. My mail man came to my door and funny enough I was just about to go outside with my babies and play in the yard ( it was a beautiful day).
I looked at the box and smiled, I didn't recognize the return address, so I got a feeling I knew what it was. My girls ran out, and I snuck back in to open it without them seeing it.
I cried. There were wonderful lovely books for them. I wanted to grab them all and go sit in the yard and read them with my girls but knew I really wanted to save them for Christmas morning.
Thank you for caring about us. Thank you for thinking of us. Thank you for making things a bit better for us, too.
Many heartfelt thanks to you and yours and happy holidays!
#3 of 161 Old 10-14-2010, 02:31 PM

what a great thank you. so happy to see thank you slowly trickling in
it means so much to us moms that are helpers to see the thank yous then we know our gifts were appreciated.

Mom to K(7)M(4)and baby J(2)cold.gifhh2.gif
:

#4 of 161 Old 10-14-2010, 04:13 PM

My favorite thread...but always have to remember to keep a box of tissues next to my desk.
#5 of 161 Old 10-14-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
My favorite thread...but always have to remember to keep a box of tissues next to my desk.
Me too

Wife to a great DH, SAHM to 3 great kids
#6 of 161 Old 10-15-2010, 01:04 AM

#7 of 161 Old 10-16-2010, 01:15 AM

To our HH in PA-

Thank you for passing on the baby clothes and diaper covers to us! It was fun to come home to an unexpected package and it brightened my day to know that someone was thinking of me

Happy Holidays! <3 FIN 11
#8 of 161 Old 10-17-2010, 12:03 AM

I could believe it when the box arrived today from A in MO. Just to let you know what an amazing gift this was, the fabric is washed, the owls already cut for a dress for DD and pants for the baby. Amazing gifts mama! The blue and yellow print matches my oldest dd bedset amazingly well so I am going to make her some pillowcases and maybe a couple throw pillows too. The sock yarn couldn't be more perfect, My oldest son LOVES purple, my oldest dd is a rainbow freak and my middle dd is really into blue! This will go to so much use. Thank you do much!

FIN 2

PS Love the crafting zine too...what a fun thing to read!
#9 of 161 Old 10-19-2010, 12:06 AM

To the beautiful,sweet,and ever so generous family in CA that sent us a gigantic package of warm goodness- THANK YOU!
I was in shock when I saw the package outside of our door and when I read your note inside tears started welling up in my eyes but then when opened it up I couldn't hold them back any longer and cried so many tears of happiness. I wish I could put into words how much you have helped us and really touched us. It's so much more than words could ever say!
The blankets are perfect and snuggly warm. We are using them tonight and can not wait! The wool long johns fit my 2 year old perfectly (she actually wearing them to bed right now) and will get plenty more use after she outgrows them and then baby grows into them
and I don't even know where to begin with the warm goodies for me.. I am speechless! Everything fits perfectly and is soooo nice! I am so happy to have a coat to keep me warm in the winter now, I can actually be outside playing with my little ones in the snow and go out for family walks with out freezing. I always put myself last and have been without this things for so long. Thank you so so much!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you again and again from the very bottom of our hearts. People like you give me the faith and strength to move forward every day. THANK YOU!

, , ,
FIN #4
#10 of 161 Old 10-19-2010, 09:33 AM

FIN #22

Thank you so much to the mama in Michigan who sent the flannel! I just love that the colors coordinate with one another, the kids will be very excited to have warm pajamas and skirts which aren't all one color. I'm going to get them all washed today so that I can start sewing once they have gone to bed. They'll be so surprised!
#11 of 161 Old 10-19-2010, 07:04 PM

best thread EVER!!!!

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

#12 of 161 Old 10-19-2010, 08:39 PM

What an awesome thread! It is so nice to know that packages are arriving safely and that mamas are receiving what they need and want!

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
#13 of 161 Old 10-19-2010, 10:26 PM

To our sweet Holiday Helper in CT,

The books you sent arrived today, and what a wonderful blessing! I decided to pull out one book for each child to kick off our holiday season- we have a little elf who shows up in various locations throughout the holiday season, usually with a small treat or a craft suggestion. Tonight, the elf will 'arrive' for the season leaving a book to be discovered and read in the warmth and joy of the holidays.

The others will be set aside, but they are all absolutely PERFECT! One, in fact is particularly to be cherished as we train therapy dogs for use in nursing homes and with kids with special needs- the Carl book will be absolutely magical!

Thank you so much for thinking of us.

FIN 16
#14 of 161 Old 10-19-2010, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_Pie View Post
What an awesome thread! It is so nice to know that packages are arriving safely and that mamas are receiving what they need and want!

I do appreciate hearing that what I send was appreciated, but I also really like to know that it got there safely

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

#15 of 161 Old 10-20-2010, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightonwoman View Post

I do appreciate hearing that what I send was appreciated, but I also really like to know that it got there safely
100 percent agree with this especially since my 6 yr old is now asking about the kids that will recieve these gifts. and so it will be nice if i am able to read the thank yous posted here to her. it will mean a lot to her to hear that the kids are gonna have good holidays.

:

#16 of 161 Old 10-20-2010, 01:30 AM

#17 of 161 Old 10-20-2010, 11:57 AM

FIN #6

A big thank you to the holiday helper in TX that sent us a very nice shirt and a sweatshirt for my husband. It looks like they will fit perfectly.

It has been a long time since either of us has had presents under the tree at Christmas and I know this will really make him feel special.

Thank you again!

FIN #6
#18 of 161 Old 10-20-2010, 02:03 PM

I got tow more boxes yesterday! Books and yarn, and FLANNEL!!! 8 yards of wonderful flannel! Thank you to the two mamas (who's boxes were recyled by dh too quickly) who were so generouse to our family!

FIN #2
#19 of 161 Old 10-20-2010, 05:06 PM

Thank-you so much to the mama in CA who sent the GORGEOUS Fagus truck to my son for Christmas. He is truly going to get his Christmas wish this year. Nearly every day he reminds me that he is going to ask Santa for the "tow truck" as he calls it. I can't believe how huge it is in real life. It literally looks brand new. The clothing you put in the box are perfect too. They are a tad big, but they will work perfectly this year for layering and next year again as well. Thank-you also for the sweet note and the gift card that you tucked in there as well. I am so excited to go pick out a treat just for me this year!

Much love,

FIN #27
#20 of 161 Old 10-20-2010, 08:39 PM

these thank yous are warming my heart.

:

#21 of 161 Old 10-20-2010, 10:10 PM

FIN #9

To my hh mama from Texas.

Your gift is so very special. These onsies you sent are perfect- I cried when I opened them... Longsleeve onsies are my absolute favorite! My girls all ooh'ed and ahh'ed with me, too!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart- I adore them and am so grateful for your kindness.
Happy holidays!
#22 of 161 Old 10-21-2010, 01:43 PM

To our HH in CT- Thank you for the picture books and apologies for the delay in posting this, I thought I'd already posted it! My son loves books and he will be so excited. We really appreciate you thinking of us!

To our HH in TX- The adorable tiny baby outfits arrived today! I am so excited to dress my baby in the super cute ducky outfit! I had forgotten how tiny baby clothes are and it's so neat so hold these little things and imagine my soon-to-be-born wearing them Thanks for brightening my day!

Thank you to all the Holiday Helpers that are making this season bright for families in need
#23 of 161 Old 10-21-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thank You Holiday Helpers! View Post
To our HH in CT- Thank you for the picture books and apologies for the delay in posting this, I thought I'd already posted it! My son loves books and he will be so excited. We really appreciate you thinking of us!

To our HH in TX- The adorable tiny baby outfits arrived today! I am so excited to dress my baby in the super cute ducky outfit! I had forgotten how tiny baby clothes are and it's so neat so hold these little things and imagine my soon-to-be-born wearing them Thanks for brightening my day!

Thank you to all the Holiday Helpers that are making this season bright for families in need
These thank you are making me tear up. love this thread

it is great to see that kids are going to have a great xmas

:

#24 of 161 Old 10-21-2010, 07:50 PM

FIN 34.

I got two packages from a wonderful sweet mama in TX yesterday, full of gorgeous clean super sweet baby girl clothes and amazing mama maternity clothes!!!!! MY dh and I teared up when we opened the package and we feel so blessed and touched by you. Thank you thank you thank you. You have made me feel so much better now that we have some clothes for the girls and I have some clothes to wear that are nice, instead of too tight t shirts.

Also thank you to a mama who sent me a beautitful blue shirt with a bird on it, I LOVE BIRDS this shirt was so cool and is going to be very comfortable! Thank you thank you thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so blessed to be a part of this wonderful community and am so touched to receive such gifts. I am ever grateful.
#25 of 161 Old 10-21-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleesmom View Post
these thank yous are warming my heart.
Me too!

Single mama to two wild and sweet toddlers 2/08
#26 of 161 Old 10-22-2010, 08:33 PM

From FIN #1

To L. in TN:

Thank you so, so much for the beautiful MobyD wrap. I am so happy to have a nice wrap to carry my DD with me to the bus stop every morning to see her big brothers off to school. I always worry about how to keep her warm, and now I'll know for sure she'll be warm and cozy and happy.

Also, thank you so much for the shirts you sent for my older DD. All of her clothes are much too small, so I really appreciate that you included those in our package.

The necklace you included for me was a really sweet touch. I am saving it to put in my own stocking, so I haven't opened the box to look at it yet. What a nice surprise that will be!

Thank you for warming my heart today.
#27 of 161 Old 10-23-2010, 02:56 PM

Fin #41

The most important thing for me this year is to be able to make sure I have something to give my son for Christmas. Up until this morning, I wasn't sure how much of a possibility this would be- he's had a really rough year, as have I. I'm not an emotional person, but I did feel a bit emotional when I opened the box left at my front door to find a box with not one, but FOUR dvd movies for my son, one that he's been wanting for a long, long time, and three more that are exactly the kind he enjoys. This is the best Christmas present, not just for my son, but for ME, to know he'll be very happy on Christmas morning. I'm sure there's lots of Laurens on MDC, but there is one here on MDC who has blessed me and my son this year. Thank you, Lauren. (You know who you are!)
#28 of 161 Old 10-25-2010, 11:15 PM

Thanks so much for the two books! DS will be stoked about Calvin & Hobbes--can you believe our local library doesn't have ANY? And DD1 is a total bookworm and The Giver will be right up her alley. Thanks so much! I really appreciate you helping to make our holiday a good one.

FIN #26
#29 of 161 Old 10-25-2010, 11:51 PM

FIN #39

We received our first package today, from the mama in NH! Seeing it in the mail made all this finally real to me and even more grateful for the community I have here. I know it's just the begining but by the time it's all done I'll be dry of tears. I just happy, full of hope and grateful for everyone. Thank you mama for being our first- the Toy Story card games will be prefect for DS's stocking. I can't say thank enough.

#30 of 161 Old 10-26-2010, 02:02 PM

I wandered to the post office this morning as the wind was blowing and a few snowflakes drifted through the air to find a wonderful package of four pairs of babylegs! Thank you so much! My lo will be warm and snug even as winter bears down in full force.

Thank you so much for your generosity, and what fun prints!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page