Yay!!! July 2011 is here!! Roll Call!!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 196 Old 01-29-2011, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey everyone, I'm Sarah, 27, also from Ohio. :) My EDD is July 19 and I'm currently set to birth at the hospital, but actively seeking alternatives (hoping for the birthing center across the state line).  We've been married for almost 5 years and this will be our first. :)

Sarah, Byzantine Catholic wife to a loving soldier and currently cookin' one in the oven (due 7/19) luxlove.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 196 Old 02-03-2011, 12:34 PM

Hi to all the mamas here!  I've been posting in different forums for a bit, but haven't officially made an introduction.

EDD July 27th

Will be baby #5 (6th pregnancy)

Still trying to deal with DH who is not 100% in favour of this pregnancy, but I'm hoping he'll come around and at least be a little bit excited about it.

Would love to connect with a due date buddy or anyone from Canada, but of course will enjoy the journey with all you beautiful mamas!

Matyja

chicken3.gif    Wife to DH and Mama to five beautiful children,    Always remembering out Little Angel angel.gif we lost in Jan. 2004. 

teapot2.GIF, selectivevax.gif,winner.jpg,cd.gif,fambedsingle1.gifbftoddler.giffbbf.giffemalesling.GIF

#183 of 196 Old 02-06-2011, 05:42 PM

Hello - excited to join you all and have this online resource.

I'm Jenna and expect our arrival around the last week of July.... really trying not to emotionally attach to a 'due date'.

Planning a homebirth this time around, after my first was a home to hospital transfer.

Currently the idea of a NB with a toddler is overwhelming and would love some support from other moms expecting their 2nd or more.

#184 of 196 Old 02-07-2011, 03:51 PM

My advice to you - especially if your current child naps, is to nap now as much as you can.  Yes, it will be busy adjusting from one to two, but if you accept the help of those willing to offer - even if it's taking the older one to the park, or bringing over a pre-cooked meal, or vaccuming the house - TAKE THE HELP!  We moms try to be martyrs and do it all - because we think we have to - when really we should learn how to let others help us more.  Then we won't lose our minds quite so much.  ROTFLMAO.gif  Also, remember to enjoy your child now and all the one-on-one time that you have, because that will change.  And expect them to be jealous for a while when you have a NB because that will happen and they will hate the new baby - not because they hate the new baby really, but because mommy and daddy are so busy taking care of the new baby that big bro/sis is now playing 2nd fiddle.  Not meaning to scare you with all of this..  just my experience (being the mom of 4 and expecting #5)   

chicken3.gif    Wife to DH and Mama to five beautiful children,    Always remembering out Little Angel angel.gif we lost in Jan. 2004. 

teapot2.GIF, selectivevax.gif,winner.jpg,cd.gif,fambedsingle1.gifbftoddler.giffbbf.giffemalesling.GIF

#185 of 196 Old 02-15-2011, 08:54 PM

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH I'm freaking out-- my dear friend had a traumatic C-section last night and I have the same midwife/OB practice.  I'm terrified this is going to happen to me. 

The dr. had 3 C-sections in one night, 2 of them "emergency."  My friend is petite and had a very long, 10 lb, 2 oz baby who was 6 days "late" but instead of inducing last week they waited til MOnday to cut him out.  And apparently the hospital, which is supposed to be the best and most natural-birth friendly in NYC, and the only one with a birthing center, was just rotten.  Not telling her and her husband what was going on, leaving her waiting for hours, and tonight when we came to meet her she was alone (in a gross shared room with a divider curtain) with a crying baby whose diaper she could not change because she can't move around with a stapled/stictched midsection.  I'm freaked.  Someone help calm me down, please!  Thanks...

#186 of 196 Old 04-15-2011, 05:26 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm Erin- been posting on other baby sites and just found this group!!!!

I am due July 4th with my first boy!!! We have three girls right now so I'm a little freaked about that. This is my third full term pregnancy, my oldest child is my step-daughter and I think I'm experiencing some third time mom stresses about delivery!!!!joy.gif

#187 of 196 Old 04-18-2011, 12:17 AM

Congratulations Erin on the upcoming arrival of your son!   I know what it's like to be anxious with having many of one gender and then surprise - it's a whole new ball game!  I have three boys and then "got the girl" as everyone says.  It's very different in terms of boys vs. girls, but in the end, they are all little people ...and remember you are in charge - or so they'd like you to think!  haha.

#188 of 196 Old 04-24-2011, 02:42 PM

hi! where did everyone go? i'm curious that nobody replied to my freakout email back in feb. but i'm happy to report all is well with my friend and her little one. after talking to tons of different moms and some midwives, it seems taht the c-section was the right thing for my friend, it was just the experience of being ignored/left alone for 5 hours of not knowing what was going on and waiting for surgery that was more freaky than the c-section itself! maybe i freaked others out unnecessarily? i'm sorry if i did. maybe we were all just enjoying our second trimesters, full of FOOD and fun... and now tthat the third trimesters are upon us, we are slowing back down again and hitting the computers more? ;)

anyway, i hope all is well with you all, a big welcome to erin, (my DD is 7/5, we're one day apart, although this is just my first!) and i'm elated to say that i am no longer a part of the ob/midwife practice here in nyc, because i get to live in central vermont this summer and give birth up there. soooo much more calm and happy!! verrry grateful!

treehugger.gif

happy spring/passover/easter/etc

#189 of 196 Old 04-25-2011, 07:20 AM

hey everyone!  i'm still here, dipping in and out!   my 40-week DD would be the end of June, technically, but I'm preparing for a july birth!   hence, straddling this ddc and June's.

Feeling great at 31 weeks!   hope the pregnancy remains smooth these last two months.

#190 of 196 Old 04-25-2011, 07:27 AM

Hiya Sarahjane! I wouldn't worry about freaking anyone out too much, I think this thread gets pushed back down under some of the more updated threads.  I'm glad your friend is doing better :)

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

#191 of 196 Old 04-25-2011, 01:15 PM

Just stopping to say hi! Its been way too long since ive last posted on this thread. We've had a couple concerns with the pregnancy but all is well ♥

I was in the hospital a couple weeks ago and it prompted us to get the nursery started - really made us realize that Poppy could be here before we know it!

I did blog post on our progress (with pictures) if anyone is interested http://www.serenawilsonstubson.blogspot.com/

Serena - married to Jason, mom to Sebastian (b.12.22.2008) and Poppy (b.07.07.2011) ♥

#192 of 196 Old 04-25-2011, 02:17 PM

Serena

That nursery is beautiful.  I love the light fixture!

We so need to get going on the rest of our house.  Still waiting on cabinets to arrive so that we can get the rest of the house in order.  There is so much to be done.  We have 3 rooms still to lay hardwood floors in and paint, never mind decorating the nursery.  If this little guy arrives early we are in so much trouble. 

Our friends had a surprise arrival at 35 weeks and we both agreed that we didn't want to be in that position but here we are.  26w4d and we have so much to do.

Sorry to hear about your trip to the hospital.  Hopefully everything worked itself out and you are on the road to recovery.

Happy Baby Stay in vibes coming your way!

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#193 of 196 Old 05-02-2011, 01:56 PM

thanks lisa! and yes, fancy nursery serena, looks more grown-up than my bedroom! and i love the name poppy! happy spring to all!

#194 of 196 Old 05-17-2011, 01:53 PM

Hi Everyone!

I've stalked the mothering.com forums for ages, and finally decided to start posting myself. :)

I'm a newbie parent-to-be, due July 1st (roughly) with my first child, a boy.  I had really irregular cycles when I got pregnant, so we don't know exactly when my due date is.  So I'm thinking in terms of a "due month": late June to early July.  We are very excited, as we tried to conceive for several years and I was just about to begin fertility treatments when I became pregnant on my own! 

I am planning a midwife-attended home birth, and I'm the first person in my circle of family and friends to attempt this.  I've spent hours scouring the homebirth forum on here, and it's been such a wonderful resource for me.  I'm also planning on baby-wearing, co-sleeping, selectively vaccinating, etc. and this community has already been a great source of support and encouragement... making me feel less alone in these lifestyle decisions.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Reborn

nak.gif married to DH  guitar.gif since 03/05/2005, new mama to E thumbsuck.gif, homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg 07/02/2011

nocirc.gifselectivevax.giffamilybed1.gifbfinfant.gifcd.gif

#195 of 196 Old 06-28-2011, 08:33 AM

Hello from Vermont, everyone! And happy summer!! Anybody hatch yet? I'm due in a week, very excited for baby, very DONE being pregnant! So many changes in past month, new summer job, move to rural VT from NYC, rapidly expanding belly with the squirmiest kickiest tenant ever, sheesh!

I love my birthing center up here, love my midwives, and if I do get pregnant again (hoping to adopt instead though, too many unwanted babies!) I'm going to do my best to have a jne, July, or august due date so I can deliver up here-- I hope to never have to deal w NYC system!!

Wishing you all the best in your final weeks and days of incubation!
#196 of 196 Old 06-28-2011, 01:02 PM

Aww thank you for all the kind comments about Poppy's room! im pretty in love with it!

So im 39 w 3d with nothing to report! cervix is firm and closed :( boo!

Good luck mama's!!!! our little babies will be here soon enough!

Serena - married to Jason, mom to Sebastian (b.12.22.2008) and Poppy (b.07.07.2011) ♥

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page