Symptoms? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 64 Old 10-26-2010, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm only 4w4d and my last pregnancy was so long ago I don't remember much about my really early symptoms but I had 'morning sickness' my whole pregnancy. I'm trying to feel lucky that I'm not feeling nauseated at all right now but part of me would feel more confident if i was puking my guts out! my only symptoms are tender breasts and ravenous hunger!

What are you guys feeling?

Jen
Together with DH 20 years, mom to a 5 year old daughter,
finally pg with #2 july 2/2011

#2 of 64 Old 10-26-2010, 05:40 PM

Irritation. I am feeling a lot of it!!! Seriously, my hormones are all over the place. The first couple of months always seem to hit me hard. But other than that, I have had a tiny bit of nausea and breast tenderness. Oddly, I had no food cravings with either of my previous pregnancies, but I am desperate for very specific food items already! It's really weird!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#3 of 64 Old 10-26-2010, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

what food are you craving? I'm not realy craving anything, but i could eat constantly, but only small amounts of any one thing at a time until i loose intrest. I'm really trying to be healthy about it- i'm already over weight, so i don't want to gain too much unnessisary weight!

Jen

#4 of 64 Old 10-26-2010, 06:24 PM

I'm also really hungry. And not wanting to gain much weight. So that's a predicament.

SAHM to 3 girls
#5 of 64 Old 10-26-2010, 06:43 PM

I remember the morning sickness kicking in a big way at 7 weeks last preg b/c we had just gotten back from a vacation. The fatigue however started pretty much at 5 (I slept in the hotel most of the trip ). I hope it's different this time around. I heard those are all "girl" symptoms per some old wives.

This time around, so far I have an insatiable appetite and have gained a couple of pounds (probably by coincidence). And a little poochy tummy too. Has anyone else? I am currently underweight so I think it is just starting in the tummy/hips?

But that's about it.

Mama to my cutie girlie luxlove.gif for 2 years and one on the way bouncy.gif (7/7/11)!
#6 of 64 Old 10-26-2010, 07:37 PM

I'm having mostly dizziness when standing up to fast, a slight bit of nausea now and then, very tired, and very hungry in the morning. DH might say that I'm irritable, but I'm sure he must be wrong . I'm 5wks 2 days. The one thing that's really been bugging me is some abdominal cramping, it's been going on since last Thursday. I'm really hoping it's just gas and not uterine cramps. I've had two losses this summer and so I'm very freaked out about losing another one.
#7 of 64 Old 10-26-2010, 09:12 PM

No symptoms yet here, except some slight crampy feelings during week 4/5 and some serious hunger (but that's an all the time thing ). Maybe had a little boob soreness, but I didn't have much change with my breasts during my first pregnancy (until I was nursing of course) so I imagine they'll stay the same this time too. I'll be 6 weeks this weekend, and not much going on....which is very similar to my first pregnancy. Got morning sickness at week 7 last time so I'm trying to brace myself for the ride...

Mama to one darling and wild 3 year old, and growing a tiny new June Bean.
#8 of 64 Old 10-26-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slippy View Post
what food are you craving? I'm not realy craving anything, but i could eat constantly, but only small amounts of any one thing at a time until i loose intrest. I'm really trying to be healthy about it- i'm already over weight, so i don't want to gain too much unnessisary weight!
Barbeque chicken salad from Smokin Woodys! I almost never eat meat, but when I do this is it!! Cheetoes, too. I haven't had them in years but there is a bag in my pantry right now. I haven't opened it yet but I just might tonight after the day I had

I am starting this pregnancy about 15 pounds over my ideal weight. I have been exercising almost daily and trying to eat well and keeping my fingers crossed that I don't gain too much. With my first, I was on complete bedrest for almost 4 months and I gained 60 pounds. I lost all but 15 of it before I got pregnant with my 2nd. With her I gained about 30 pounds, but the weight has been very, very slow coming off. I turn 36 in a few weeks and I know that age is playing a part in my inability to loose weight these days. Truth be told, I don't care about the weight number so much, as long as I am healthy.

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#9 of 64 Old 10-26-2010, 09:39 PM

A little more tired and hungry than usual, but overall, I'm feeling pretty normal. I'm a tad bloated and crampy too. Morning sickness usually hits me with a vengeance between 6-7 weeks, I'm hoping it decides to skip me this time, but in the meantime I'm enjoying cooking and eating normal healthy foods.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#10 of 64 Old 10-26-2010, 10:41 PM

xxx

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#11 of 64 Old 10-26-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaw/two View Post
I'm having mostly dizziness when standing up to fast, a slight bit of nausea now and then, very tired, and very hungry in the morning. DH might say that I'm irritable, but I'm sure he must be wrong . I'm 5wks 2 days. The one thing that's really been bugging me is some abdominal cramping, it's been going on since last Thursday. I'm really hoping it's just gas and not uterine cramps. I've had two losses this summer and so I'm very freaked out about losing another one.
with all 3 of my pg, i had uterine cramping... felt just like i was going to get my af. good luck!!!

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#12 of 64 Old 10-26-2010, 11:15 PM

I'm really exhausted, I'm normally a night owl. I have the whole heavy uterus feeling but I guess it's been well used and is used to this by now. I'm having MAJOR hot flashes, and I felt a little nauseous last night and today. I've been feeling more hungry but I think that's a symptom of working out.

As far as weight gain, with my first I gained 33lbs. I ended up losing that and another 25lbs. before getting pregnant with DD. I ended up gaining back everything, so almost 60lb weight gain during DD's pregnancy. I currently weigh what I did when I got pregnant with DS and I'm definitely more aware of trying to gain a healthier weight this time around. Almost 200lbs. on my 5 foot frame was not comfortable, and I gave myself permission to comfort eat everything I wanted when I was pregnant with her. So this time I'm trying to be more health conscious and stay active.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#13 of 64 Old 10-27-2010, 12:23 AM

Ive been having abdominal pressure/very light cramps since about 6 dpo.. also nausea - I was sick with my first pregnancy the entire time I even had the meds for it and I was still throwing up once a day. No throwing up yet! im hoping that now that I don't have a gallbladder I wont be as sick. Ive also had very sensitive and erect nipples since 6dpo.

Serena - married to Jason, mom to Sebastian (b.12.22.2008) and Poppy (b.07.07.2011) ♥

#14 of 64 Old 10-27-2010, 12:52 AM

Sore boobs since 9dpo, crazy gas since about 8dpo, diarrhea on 9 and 10, and occasional abdominal twinges. With the gas ad diarrhea, it's probably a good thing my husband's out of town

Mom to Thora, born at home 9/28/2011. Currently in Madison, WI, but gearing up for a move to Providence, RI in August! I'd love to meet some folks.
#15 of 64 Old 10-27-2010, 08:08 AM

Mostly tired so far...so so tired. I just want to sleep all the time lol I think I fell asleep right after Glee last night lol and i just remembered I even took a nap in the afternoon yesterday...wow I hope some energy comes back.

But also...certain things sound really good. I'm a vegetarian and never even liked meat before becoming veggie but those meatballs at my mom's last weekend smelled really good lol Grocery shopping has not been my friend this past week lol so many odd things look good.

But also sore breasts, peeing a lot but that comes and goes lol, feeling dizzy and short of breath, cramping and achiness...just lots of things lol

C ~ mama to (16), (13), (9) (5)

#16 of 64 Old 10-27-2010, 10:07 AM

Hi all!
TIRED TIRED TIRED.

That about sums it up so far.
Some uterine cramping around the time of implantation and I was also very emotionally strung out then.

My poor husband took me out to this fancy dinner he's been planning for months last Saturday. It didn't start till 7pm (and we usually eat at 5), so I was drained from hunger from the get go. By the time dessert arrived around 9:00 it was all I could do to keep my eyes open. He was so disapointed! (and it's only going to get worse for the next few months)

Last time around the all-day sickness and puking hit me in the second trimester (right around the time I started congratulating myself on not getting hit by that particular affliciton ).

Lovin my SAHD DH and 2 kiddos

#17 of 64 Old 10-27-2010, 11:53 AM

The last two mornings I've woken early, 30-60 minutes before alarm when it was still dark. And I think hunger is what woke me up.

But otherwise, I feel normal.
#18 of 64 Old 10-27-2010, 05:07 PM

Honestly? Gas.

That's the main thing besides some mild fatigue. I also noticed that I'm more sensitive to caffeine. About 8oz of half-caf had me jittery and I even woke up in the middle of the night. Oh, and I'll cry about commercials, sunsets, you name it.

Metis, partner to a peaceful soul, mothering DD born July '11

#19 of 64 Old 10-27-2010, 05:57 PM

Besides the hunger I mentioned earlier, I've already started getting klutzy . Two spills and a dropped bowl just last night. And I think pregnancy brain is starting! What little concentration I have is all spent on baby excitement!

Mama to my cutie girlie luxlove.gif for 2 years and one on the way bouncy.gif (7/7/11)!
#20 of 64 Old 10-27-2010, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

ok- so i wish i didn't wish for the nausea! I'm working a little strech of night shifts- and had a little throw up session at work at 5:30 in the morning. not too bad, I think it was the yogurt that didn't agree with me. I'm the most nervous about getting "found out" at work. I'm a nurse, so i can't hide out and puke all shift- plus, I don't want my co-wokers to know before other family and friends!

Jen

#21 of 64 Old 10-27-2010, 10:01 PM

I feel like I have the full range right now. I am 5 weeks today. Most definitely have some major nausea going on. Already thrown up twice (but that is typical for me). Breasts are sore, bloated/crampy abdomen, headaches, dizziness, extreme tiredness and irritation. Also really hungry already.

AP crunchy homeschooling mama to Henning (1/4/03), Connor (7/1/05) and Elijah (9/21/08) Forever holding my 3 lost little ones in my heart.
#22 of 64 Old 10-27-2010, 11:54 PM

It makes me feel so much better to read that im not the only one having cramps/pressure. I would say mine is pressure, its non stop all day, all night every day... of course it has me worried! That's what I do.. worry, worry, worry!

Serena - married to Jason, mom to Sebastian (b.12.22.2008) and Poppy (b.07.07.2011) ♥

#23 of 64 Old 10-28-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavensearth View Post
It makes me feel so much better to read that im not the only one having cramps/pressure. I would say mine is pressure, its non stop all day, all night every day... of course it has me worried! That's what I do.. worry, worry, worry!
I've had crampiness during the first tri with all of my pregnancies. It's completely normal in the first tri, not okay after that, until it's labor time. To me, it feels like AF is just around the corner, or here, it's that kind of crampiness for me, but I'm sure it's different for different people. It's always worst the first few weeks, it comes and goes and is not constant and gradually eases up.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#24 of 64 Old 10-28-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheelimama View Post
I've had crampiness during the first tri with all of my pregnancies. It's completely normal in the first tri, not okay after that, until it's labor time. To me, it feels like AF is just around the corner, or here, it's that kind of crampiness for me, but I'm sure it's different for different people. It's always worst the first few weeks, it comes and goes and is not constant and gradually eases up.
Yep! Same for me...I remember being so freaked out with my 2nd, so this time I'm trying to just relax and not think about it.

I'm so super tired this week...I'm on Prometrium, so I'm sure that's contributing to the fatigue.

Sarah-Mommy to T (5), C (2) and baking a baby girl due in early July
#25 of 64 Old 10-28-2010, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

I'm on prometrium too- it's my first cycle on it, so I don't k ow where the line is pregnancy or med?!
Posted via Mobile Device

Jen

#26 of 64 Old 11-04-2010, 07:39 AM

The only two things i think is abit different is I had really tender/abit enlarged chest. and a dry mouth alot latley.

I never get a dry mouth and now if feels like i should drink all the time!

other then that, nothing at all... im only 4+1 weeks

0******8***12***16***20***24***28***32** * 36***40
#27 of 64 Old 11-04-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayakas View Post
I remember the morning sickness kicking in a big way at 7 weeks last preg b/c we had just gotten back from a vacation. The fatigue however started pretty much at 5 (I slept in the hotel most of the trip ). I hope it's different this time around. I heard those are all "girl" symptoms per some old wives.
I used to think they were "girl" symptoms as well until I had the worst all day sickness with DS that started at 7 weeks and went til 15! I hope we both skip that this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaw/two View Post
I'm The one thing that's really been bugging me is some abdominal cramping, it's been going on since last Thursday. I'm really hoping it's just gas and not uterine cramps. I've had two losses this summer and so I'm very freaked out about losing another one.
I have cramping with every pregnancy. I also had one chemical p so I am extra sensitive to cramping like you are. If the cramping is dull and doesn't produce red blood then it's completely normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymom1 View Post
Barbeque chicken salad from Smokin Woodys! I almost never eat meat, but when I do this is it!!
I never eat meat and had a hamburger the other day! I too am craving salad. A cold salad with iceburg lettuce and creamy thousand island dressing! At least it beats my non-stop pizza craving when I was preggo with DS.

Dee: Mommy to a 2 y/o boy, expecting a in July and married to my .
#28 of 64 Old 11-04-2010, 12:26 PM

Peeing like crazy
A little crampy
Ive had a few waves of nausea, but with my other kids that didnt kick in big time till 6-7 weeks
night sweats
hungry a lot, especially for protein. I crave eggs all the time
Tired all the time, but that's always

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#29 of 64 Old 11-04-2010, 12:56 PM

Cramps, just like with DS. But not as bad. Also not as tired as I was with DS. Maybe I'm just used to being tired all the time now so I don't notice a change? Dizziness when I stoop over and then get up too fast. Increased libido, easier orgasms--the BEST pregnancy symptom in my opinion. I'm 5 weeks today!
#30 of 64 Old 11-04-2010, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Haha ha Steshi! I have orgasms in my dreams when I'm pregnant! I'm too nervous about m/c and it might be me- but my husband is being a jerk, so not so interested... But it might be my grumpiness. Probably me. But easier on me to blame him

Jen

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page