Who are you telling and when? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 33 Old 11-11-2010, 04:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband knows and my parents. My neighbor because I may have to send my kids her way when the morning sickness is bad. I'll tell my siblings in person at Christmas because I have never had a chance to tell any family about a pregnancy in person. My in-laws won't be thrilled so I'll tell them last. Maybe I'll let my 4 year old tell them.

military wife to Eric, mommy to Ani 11/06 and Emi 2/09 and our angels angel1.gif 12/10, and angel1.gif 2/12 and our newest addition Izzy 4/13

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 33 Old 11-12-2010, 03:54 AM

Told my older children (not the youngest) and my friends. Will tell the inlaws after 12 weeks and I am holding off telling my mother because she's was pretty negative about my mentioning wanting another one with my new husband (who has no children) because she thinks I have too many already. I almost want to tell her AFTER the baby is born!

#33 of 33 Old 11-14-2010, 05:31 PM

So far just DH knows.  Well, DH and a few online boards :)

We're still debating when to tell our parents and then the extended family.  We'll tell our children (6.5 yo dd and 2.5 yo ds) a few days before telling our parents.

The two opportunities for telling our parents are:

1) Thanksgiving (I'll be 8? weeks)

2) Chanukah party a week after Thanksgiving (9.5 weeks)

We'd prefer to do Chanukah because then we can tell the whole family at the same time.  I'm afraid that if we don't do Thanksgiving that someone will guess it and there is no way I'll deny it if asked outright and I don't really want to start rumors.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page