Headaches? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-29-2010, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am having miserable headaches. I think I am getting enough sleep and drinking enough. I vaguely remember having these in other pregnancies but not sure. Anyone else having these?

AP crunchy homeschooling mama to Henning (1/4/03), Connor (7/1/05) and Elijah (9/21/08) Forever holding my 3 lost little ones in my heart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 10-29-2010, 11:45 AM

Not yet, but I remember them from my first pregnancy (hey--I have an Elijah born a few weeks before yours!).

I found that doing yoga regularly seemed to help. I got this great yoga DVD "The Divine Mother Prenatal Yoga with Anne Getty". The cover is a turn off for some, but the yoga itself was great.

Hope yours don't last too long!

Lovin my SAHD DH and 2 kiddos

#3 of 6 Old 10-29-2010, 12:18 PM

With both of my previous pregnancies, the headaches started around 5 weeks and lasted through the first trimester. I am prone to migraines with aura so I am used to dealing with it. During early pregnancy, I find myself constantly thinking that my eyeglass prescription needs adjusting - it feels like I become more light sensitive and have a harder time sitting in front of the computer.

It magically disappears with the first tri... But, as an RN, I should also mention that persistent headaches can be a sign of high blood pressure. Unlikely this is the source so early in pregnancy, but worth a quick check.

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#4 of 6 Old 10-29-2010, 04:39 PM

I had a ton of headaches with my last pregnancy, none so far this time. My midwife gave me peppermint oil to smell and/or rub on my temples. It worked. However, I would dilute it before rubbing it on.

SAHM to 3 girls
#5 of 6 Old 11-10-2010, 04:54 PM

I generally get a nice reprieve from my migraines while pregnant, but not so this time.  (at least this early, anyway.)  I actually took Excedrine Migraine a couple of times before I found out I was pregnant.  So very thankful I didn't take my actual prescription meds.

#6 of 6 Old 11-11-2010, 12:10 AM

I've been having migraines almost every night for about 3 weeks, mostly across the back of my head/base of my skull. They don't make me sensitive to light and sound, like my "normal" migraines do, but they make me super sensitive to my own movement. I pretty much have to just lay down and be still until they pass, or else they bring on wicked nausea. I don't remember having these with either of my daughters, but hoping they don't last the entire pregnancy.

Heather
Mama to two tween girls and a stillborn baby girl (7/1/12)... and now expecting baby #4 in April 2014.

Writer at The Destiny Manifest: http://www.thedestinymanifest.com

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page