Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2011, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

Back from my u/s. It went well. The doc said things couldn't look any better. I'm definitely having another boy. I could tell even before the tech started looking. Baby was moving around the entire time but I only felt it a few random times. The tech kept commenting that he wouldn't stay still. I think he has an aversion to ultrasound because he always moves away from the fetal doppler when my MW is trying to get his heart rate, too.

Great news on a healthy baby boy!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 03-13-2011, 10:29 AM

Thanks, Annie. I have a question for you totally OT about the Duggars since I think it was you who mentioned following that show. I don't follow it but I did hear that their last baby was born premature. I was wondering if they knew why she was so early and if it was something that they are at risk of having occur again. Do you know?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 03-14-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:

Thanks, Annie. I have a question for you totally OT about the Duggars since I think it was you who mentioned following that show. I don't follow it but I did hear that their last baby was born premature. I was wondering if they knew why she was so early and if it was something that they are at risk of having occur again. Do you know?

The mom developed gall bladder issues as well as pre-E at around 21-23 weeks. They tried to postpone delivery to give the baby longer but it wasn't working so they had to end up taking her. I think the mom had to end up having her gall bladder removed about six months ago so that shouldn't be a recurring problem but the pre-E could be. I seem to recall her saying in an interview that she has had pre-E with some of her pregnancies but not with others. 

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 03-14-2011, 11:59 AM

OIC, Annie. I was curious because I was wondering if that ordeal meant they'd stop having babies. I'm not sure it's healthy or safe for one woman to have that many babies, for the woman or the babies. KWIM?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 03-15-2011, 06:32 AM

Quote:

OIC, Annie. I was curious because I was wondering if that ordeal meant they'd stop having babies. I'm not sure it's healthy or safe for one woman to have that many babies, for the woman or the babies. KWIM?

It's interesting because they've interviewed her OB a number of times on the show and she has always said that Michelle is in great health and tolerates pregnancy and delivery well. I would worry about organ prolapse, etc. from so many deliveries. I do wonder about things from the PAL perspective. She openly talks about the miscarriage that she had after her first child and before she got pregnant with her first set of twins. She blames that one on the fact that she was taking birth control and didn't know she was pregnant. With the number of women on these boards that have RPL, I just wonder if she suffered any losses after that? We probably should take this convo to PM because I'm guessing we're bordering on getting this thread shut down! lol.gif

Old 03-31-2011, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy Kahdib View Post

21 weeks...it feels surreal that I'm more than half way to the finish line...and for some sick reason I am really happy that no matter what happens this cannot be another "miscarriage."  For some reason losing Parker at 16 weeks and having it be "just a miscarriage" was maddening...I lost my son, my baby boy died...but it was "just a miscarriage."  No matter what happens with this little guy now he at least would get to be a stillborn...I'm hoping with all hope that we end up with a kicking screaming crying baby this time around...but for now I will be happy that we our out of miscarriage territory.  Maybe it is just me but it feels like a milestone.  This little guy also likes to kick me to reassure me that he's still around...seems so surreal that I might have a baby at the end of this really long journey!

Names are proving to be really really tricky....girl's name would have been Elizabeth and we would have called her Elle or Libby...but for a boy I'm stumped. 

I've felt that same way...that if she dies too, it'll count this time...to everyone else, as well as me. I have a baby loss mom friend who understands what I mean when I have these feelings, and when I told her about that, she agreed that she felt the same. (She lost her son early 2nd trimester in November of 2009 and her daughter was born Jan 2011.) 

Michelle SAHM to K (3/2004)  H (8/2006) P (7/2011) & we're missing Finley Jonas born still, July 27, 2010 

Old 04-02-2011, 10:40 PM

Hi everyone! Just wanted to stop by and say hi. I haven't been online too much, not feeling like I have anything intelligent to say. I'm 23w and definitely loosing mobility by the day. I'm trying to spend as much time on the couch as possible. I'm not on bedrest, just trying to keep these babies cooking as long as possible. So far my blood pressure is good and my cervix was 3.6cm last time. At my 22w u/s the babies were estimated to be 1lb 1oz, 1lb and 14oz so we'll see how much they've grown when I go back this week.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

Old 04-21-2011, 10:31 PM

****Loss mentioned******* ( not me, a friend)

I just really wanted to check in with everyone, make sure we're all okay.

I have a good friend who just lost her baby at 22 weeks. I can't even imagine. I really tormented over talking about this here because i don't want to bring up any more fears in mammas who might be starting to feel safe, and i'm so sorry if this is distressing anyone as much as me, but I really needed to talk about it. I'm getting lots of good movement, and i'm really reassured by that. I'm not so much scared of loosing this one anymore. I'm 30 weeks, getting into OK premie territory, I did a 34 weeker last time, I could do it again if i had to. I feel guilty about still being pregnant, and wish i could be there for her, but i compleatly understand if she can't be around me. I brought her a care package today and we talked a little, mostly just hugged and cried. I let her know that i understand if she needs me to be away, or if she'd like me closer- whatever she needs from me. I just feel so awful for her. this is such a nightmare. I can't stop crying. I just remember my terror at that early 20 week mark. it's just so unfair gloomy.gif

Jen
Together with DH 20 years, mom to a 5 year old daughter,
finally pg with #2 july 2/2011

Old 04-22-2011, 12:25 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
that is very sad!

i am about to drift off, but i will take this chance to check in quickly. i'm 26w3d tomorrow and feeling pretty healthy, other than getting over a cold/cough. starting to feel good kicks (i have an anterior placenta, so i don't feel them as much as i'd like). passed my glucose test. finally gained some weight. loving zantac!!

hugs to all.

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)
Old 04-22-2011, 05:26 AM

I'm so sorry for your friend.

I am 25w6d today and have been thinking that I'm to the stage where baby could survive if born now. I'm not really worried about that. I'm feeling a ton of movement. Last night I and my 7yo ds watched baby moving around in my belly. DS also put his hand on my belly to feel. He got some really good knocks. It was fun.

We've been sick here, too. I guess something is going around the country or the world. It's always interesting to me to read that people in other parts of the country are sick with the same thing we are at the same time because things seem to be reported as local outbreaks.

We had a tornado go through here. It hit only about a mile or mile and a half from our house. I didn't even know it happened until after the fact. While there was a tornado warning for the surrounding area there was no specific report of one right here right then. My 20yo ds was still out delivering pizzas! That's how I found out about it. He called to check on us after another one of the delivery drivers called in saying she was right in the middle of it. Thankfully, she wasn't hurt. Anyway, we are all safe.

Here's to all of us just chugging along uneventfully.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:25 PM

i had my first babygirl on april 26 2011 at 5 months 6 days she was so beautiful and lived for 6 hours,9 mins i plan on gettin pregnant again within the next year,i just hope and pray it doesnt happen again! but i feel better that once i do get pregnant again ill be looked at more often,be high risk

Old 05-18-2011, 10:36 PM

grouphug.gif Sending lots of hugs and healing your way. So very sorry for your loss mama. candle.gif

winner.jpgFormer WIC Peer Breastfeeding Counselor (2005-2011) now SAHM to bouncy.gif DD (8/2003), thumbsuck.gif DD (8/2008homebirth.jpg ), mate to jammin.gif since 07/2000. Expecting Baby Roo Mid July 2011!  stork-suprise.gifcd.gif

Old 05-19-2011, 06:18 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. candle.gif

Old 05-19-2011, 08:46 AM

I am so sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you. candle.gif

Old 05-19-2011, 10:57 AM

candle.gif I'm so sorry for your loss.

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

Old 06-09-2011, 10:13 PM

I just wanted to pop by and let you all know we had a healthy happy baby boy! Andrew Tyler was born at 36 wks on June 4, was due July 2. We had a really quick labour- about 2hrs active - arrived at the hospital almost pushing! His big sister was there for the birth and got to cut his cord- so sweet!
How are the rest of you hanging in?

Jen
Together with DH 20 years, mom to a 5 year old daughter,
finally pg with #2 july 2/2011

Old 06-09-2011, 10:21 PM

Congratulations!!!  joy.gif

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

Old 06-10-2011, 07:21 AM

Congratulations, Jen! joy.gif

Old 06-10-2011, 07:26 AM

Congrats slippy! I think he must be our DDC's first birth! joy.gif
Old 06-10-2011, 08:58 AM

Congrats! I think he's our first July '11 baby!

Old 06-10-2011, 11:30 AM

How exciting!! Congratulations!!!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

Old 06-10-2011, 02:38 PM

Hurray! Congrats!!!

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

Old 06-10-2011, 03:18 PM

Congratulations!!!!  Our first July baby!!!

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

Old 06-10-2011, 05:29 PM

joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif  So happy for you!  Congratulations!

Old 06-11-2011, 06:35 AM

WAHOO!! and CONGRATS

Old 06-12-2011, 10:56 AM

Congrats!

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slippy View Post

I just wanted to pop by and let you all know we had a healthy happy baby boy! Andrew Tyler was born at 36 wks on June 4, was due July 2. We had a really quick labour- about 2hrs active - arrived at the hospital almost pushing! His big sister was there for the birth and got to cut his cord- so sweet!
How are the rest of you hanging in?

Congrats!!! :)

How is everyone else doing? Maybe feeling a little more confident?

Michelle SAHM to K (3/2004)  H (8/2006) P (7/2011) & we're missing Finley Jonas born still, July 27, 2010 

Old 06-14-2011, 09:42 PM

I am cautiously optimistic still irked.gif. My edd is july 17th  and baby is still breach. I have appt tmw morn and we will discuss a possible version in my future and hopefully check fluid levels and position by u/s.  he hasnt been moving much today but hb seems good. thank goodness i have a doppler at home.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarebh View Post

I am cautiously optimistic still irked.gif. My edd is july 17th  and baby is still breach. I have appt tmw morn and we will discuss a possible version in my future and hopefully check fluid levels and position by u/s.  he hasnt been moving much today but hb seems good. thank goodness i have a doppler at home.

Have you checked out Spinning Babies, http://spinningbabies.com/?

I'm feeling very positive about things. Everything looks good with me and baby. He's been head down and stayed that way for weeks, just flip-flopping from side to side. I had a prenatal Monday and my MW said he'll turn to OA by the time he's born so no worries. I've got about 6 1/2 weeks left.

User Tag List