PAL (pregnancy after loss) mama's - Page 21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#601 of 616 Old 06-15-2011, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

yep tried spinningbabies inversion as much as my family will allow- babies head is measuring 98%. My version is scheduled for Tues and I will be 36.5 weeks. I'm a lil nervous

#602 of 616 Old 06-15-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarebh View Post

yep tried spinningbabies inversion as much as my family will allow- babies head is measuring 98%. My version is scheduled for Tues and I will be 36.5 weeks. I'm a lil nervous

Good luck to you. I had a version done at 36 weeks (which was last week) and it was successful after about 30-40 minutes of good solid elbow grease on the part of my fantastic midwife. I'm pretty sure baby is still head down but I will find out today when I see my MW. My advice for the version is just try to relax as much as you can, let go & be as jelly-like as you can imagine! :) Good luck!!!

Mama to boy born 7/18/11 and another on the way in November '13  Rainbow.gif

#603 of 616 Old 06-15-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarebh View Post

Yeah, good luck. I don't really know much about versions except that it's important to have someone who is experienced.

guatemama1 ~ That's great that yours worked.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#604 of 616 Old 07-22-2011, 05:55 PM

We've got a healthy little girl!  I should say a healthy huge girl, because she is nearly two pounds heavier than her big sister and I sure felt it when she came out.  But she's healthy and beautiful and I couldn't be happier to have her in my arms.  :)

I hope all of the rest of you are doing well. 

#605 of 616 Old 07-22-2011, 07:33 PM

joy.gif Congratulations!!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#606 of 616 Old 07-23-2011, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no5no5 View Post

We've got a healthy little girl!

Congratulations! joy.gif

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#607 of 616 Old 07-26-2011, 06:37 PM

I had my baby boy at home yesterday. love.gif

#608 of 616 Old 07-26-2011, 08:28 PM

Congratulations Mommas!

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#609 of 616 Old 07-27-2011, 02:41 PM

joy.gif MarineWife!  Congratulations!

#610 of 616 Old 07-27-2011, 09:31 PM

joy.gif

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#611 of 616 Old 07-31-2011, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by no5no5 View Post

We've got a healthy little girl!  I should say a healthy huge girl, because she is nearly two pounds heavier than her big sister and I sure felt it when she came out.  But she's healthy and beautiful and I couldn't be happier to have her in my arms.  :)

I hope all of the rest of you are doing well. 

YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you, honey! joy.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#612 of 616 Old 07-31-2011, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I had my baby on July 19. Beautiful baby girl! :)

The 1 year anniversary of my loss was 8 days later, and I had a ROUGH time that day; I basically cried all day. :( 

After that it was fine though, and I'm enjoying my rainbow baby. I came back here to ask though, how are you ladies doing with your new baby and your loss feelings? I have this fear that something is wrong with my baby. I'm nervous about her breathing, because my two older kids caught a cold right when the baby was born (worst timing EVER!) and she has a bit of it now, making her nose all stuffy and snorty and her breathing loud. She also has a bit of jaundice, but that's getting better each day. 

She makes these weird noises when she breathes...I know newborns do that, I'm just having a hard time with whether it's normal or not. Plus with the cold, it makes it easier to worry, I think. DH isn't worried, but I'm always a worry-wart. lol 

She slept 4 hours straight today, then was up for an hour, then fell right back to sleep and has been asleep for an hour and a half now. I worry when she sleeps that long too...I just can't escape the worry, I tell ya! At least I got to eat dinner without holding her tonight...first time since she was born. 

Hope you all are doing well. :)

Michelle SAHM to K (3/2004)  H (8/2006) P (7/2011) & we're missing Finley Jonas born still, July 27, 2010 

#613 of 616 Old 08-01-2011, 10:05 AM

hug.gif  Michelle.  I am super nervous about my babe too, but I was also really nervous about her big sister when she was a baby.  I think the difference for me this time around is that I really was not expecting her to be born alive & well, especially in the last few weeks when I was having serious anxiety issues, so emotionally I'm kind of starting from scratch wrt bonding with her.  With DD1 it was instantaneous, but with this one I'm just kind of like, "A baby?  Hm.  Wait, what do you mean, she's mine?"  Though at the same time I'm crazy in love with her.  I guess I'm just in a bit of shock.

But yeah, I feel you on the weird noises & sleepiness, etc.  DD2 is definitely not following DD1's pattern of total alertness, screaming, never sleeping, etc., and that's also got me scratching my head a bit.  Also, she's super cross-eyed, which I guess is normal, but DD1 never was so it has me sort of nervous too.  She sneezed a few times the other day and I was all "OH NO!  She's got a cold!!!" but she totally doesn't.  Sigh. 

#614 of 616 Old 08-01-2011, 10:48 AM

I'm with you both on the worrying. Mine isn't related to any of my losses, though. Maybe because all of my losses were in the first trimester. Not the same as losing a baby that you can see and touch. greensad.gif

I talked to my mom about the worry last night. It seems so strange to me that I'd still be worried about normal things with baby #4. My mom says that's normal. You can't help worry about each baby/child no matter how many you have. I worry that he sleeps too long. He basically zonks out around noon every day and sleeps until at least 6 pm. He does wake maybe twice in that time to nurse but it's for a very short time and then he's back to sleep. I've taken to watching the time and waking him to nurse every 2 hours if he doesn't wake himself.

I told my dh the other day that I was worried he wasn't eating enough. My dh informed me that I worry about that every time. I check to make sure he's still breathing constantly. I remember doing that with all my other babies, too. I think there's just no way around the worry when you are a mom. It's normal and it doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with you or your baby.

#615 of 616 Old 08-01-2011, 11:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thanks ladies. :) It's good to know it's normal to worry. I know constant worrying/anxiety can be a PPD sign...SO don't want to deal with that!! 

Michelle SAHM to K (3/2004)  H (8/2006) P (7/2011) & we're missing Finley Jonas born still, July 27, 2010 

#616 of 616 Old 08-01-2011, 01:16 PM

This is my fourth and I'm doing all of the above as well. And I have with each of them. My family and DH try to ease my fears about the baby. In all actuality though, I'd be more worried about a mom not worrying about her baby, loss or no loss. Make sense?

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page