Who's preg. was a surprise? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 12-03-2010, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yeeep.  Big surprise here.  One pp period and I was trying to NFP as best as I could since I just stopped nursing DD but here we are.  I literally had an appointment on Monday with an ob/gyn to talk about birth control options, but I guess it wouldn't have mattered anyway.  Thankfully, DH is ecstatic as he wanted a big family, but I said I was totally done after 2.  I'm slowly getting used to the idea :)  I think

SAHM to DS 12/29/07 and DD 9/15/10 smile.gif
#32 of 34 Old 12-05-2010, 06:00 PM

Big surprise... just got married in July (second marriage after first husband died in '08)... second marriage for him as well- we assumed that my two girls would be our only ones, as we had reason to believe he was incapable of having kids- so BIG surprise!  A good one though :)  It will be a better one after the 24/7 nausea wears off!

#33 of 34 Old 12-06-2010, 11:21 AM

I'll join in to the "knock me over with a feather" group!  Totally shocked!

I think I've "known" for a few weeks (boobs hurt, tired, yucka), but refused to take a test until Friday.

Still haven't told DH.  Waiting till after the New Year.

MRs B

#34 of 34 Old 12-07-2010, 07:06 AM

A HUGE surprise for us. I've wanted more for a while, but not quite yet! My husband is on his last semester of  school and student teaching, so I'm the only one working. Hopefully that will change before July! Plus, we have a trip to Disney planned in Feb - the first for my boys and the first time for me since I was 12 - I would have planned around that!

I was shocked when I took the test, I was expecting it to be negative and I about fell over when it wasn't.

One thing I'm noticing this time is a lot of people asking me if it was planned. Which is strange, I think it's kind of a personal question to ask. I didn't get that at all with my first two, but maybe that's because I was 17 and 22 and people just assumed (correctly!) that it wasn't planned! :D When I say sooner than planned, I've had people be like, ok - so planned.

What the heck is that even supposed to mean! It makes me feel like I'm supposed to go along with it, cause since I'm married and older all pregnancies just default to planned? I don't know. It's weird.

Crystal

mom to two boys (9/19/98) (8/24/03) and soon to be # 3 (7/2/11)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page