Cramping, please reassure me!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 11-10-2010, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ladies,

I've been having cramping on and off today.  I keep thinking I have to go #2, but...then I don't.

Last Saturday I was cramping all evening and it was very painful.

Is this a typical symptom?  How worried should I be?  Please reassure me!

Lovin my SAHD DH and 2 kiddos

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 11-10-2010, 12:39 PM

I'm sorry, I have no help or wisdom to offer as I am doing this the first time myself.  Just wanted to send a virtual hug! 

DH and I expecting our first EDD 6/30/11! 
#3 of 12 Old 11-10-2010, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you Joanna!  I'm scared.  I'm sitting at work trying to hold back tears.  Hopefully the tears are emotional pregnancy symptoms which only confirm my babies strong presence!

#4 of 12 Old 11-10-2010, 01:20 PM

Yes, I cried out of nowhere last night too...my poor DH.  At least the work day is almost over, right??   I was just perusing the June Due Date club, and some of the posts there might be helpful.  There seem to be a lot more people there too.  Or hopefully someone else will weigh in soon too.  Hope you can have a restful evening.  And keep us posted! 

DH and I expecting our first EDD 6/30/11! 
#5 of 12 Old 11-10-2010, 01:42 PM

Hi Staryla!  I just wanted to say that I have spent the last week or so feeling like I am going to either get my period or have a bowel movement  - a lot of cramping that has made me think twice about being confident about this pregnancy.  That being said, I remember the exact same thing happening with my last 2 pregnancies as well and everything was fine.  I think that it is just the body's reaction to the expanding uterus, increase in blood flow and slow-down in digestion.  Cramping in early pregnancy is considered normal.  Obviously, bleeding is something to watch for and could be indicative of a problem.

Sending lots of good vibes to you and your little bean!! 

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#6 of 12 Old 11-10-2010, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I feel crampy too, like I have to... toot. smile.gif

I think it's normal, I feel like this happened last time too.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#7 of 12 Old 11-10-2010, 04:50 PM

My cramping has really picked up today as well.  I remember with my first feeling so crampy and thinking my period was going to start any moment b/c the cramps were so much.  It's definitely a symptom.

(For the record though...pregnancy # 9 for me and the cramps are still disconcerting.)

#8 of 12 Old 11-10-2010, 05:51 PM

hug.gif  I agree with the others that it is probably pretty normal.  With all of my pregnancies I experienced PMS-type cramping very early on, and knew I was pregnant when the cramping continued but AF never showed up.  I'm usually done with that by about 5 weeks or so, but I suppose it could be different for everyone.  If you're not bleeding or doubled over in pain, I think you're fine. 

#9 of 12 Old 11-10-2010, 06:08 PM

I am crampy too. For me, it's just another sign that I am indeed pregnant. This is my 4th baby, and I was crampy and achy with all of them in the 1st trimester. Please don't worry! Most likely, it's just your little bean making room and preparing to set up shop for the next 9 months!

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

#10 of 12 Old 11-10-2010, 06:26 PM

I get that also. There is no need to be concerned unless the cramping is in your back. If you get really bad back cramping, especially if it accompanied w bleeding or spotting that is NOT good. What you have sounds normal to me.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#11 of 12 Old 11-11-2010, 12:22 AM

For me cramping is a good sign. It means that the uterus is starting to grow. It sops around 5 to 6 weeks for me.

Hugs!

Barbara

Barbara, Mama to Isabel (06/2004), Jake (08/2006-03/2007), Noah (01/2008), and Matteo (07/2011) 
Please always research the safety of vaccines even if your doctor tells you they are harmless! novaxnocirc.gif

#12 of 12 Old 11-12-2010, 05:49 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the replies!  Things settled down and I've been feeling much better over the last day.  It's good to hear that this is just another symptom and not neccesarily a bad sign.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page