New Here!! Can't wait to do things Right! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-12-2010, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, All!

I found out last week that I'm pregnant. This was NOT planned and I'm not sure how far along I am, but I am thrilled because I know this is meant to be. This is my 3rd. My oldest has a sensory disorder and my younger has allergies. Knowing what I know now, this pregnancy will be ALL natural and organic to the best of my ability. I want to create as non toxic of an environment for my baby as possible so that he or she will thrive. I'm excited I get another shot.

I am a fitness instructor and coordinator at our local gym. I had to tell my participants and staff yesterday because YES, I am already showing. YIKES. I wear fitted clothes for a living, have short torso, and I'm fairly narrow. There's no hope for keeping this on the DL. smile.gif I will find out on Tuesday how far along I am. Is anyone else already pooching out? Craziness. Oh, and by boobs are HUGE! wow.

Question...I'd like recommendations for organic prenatals. The dr prescribed my prenatals and when I went to pick them up from the pharmacy, I asked to look at the ingredient list. Pharmacist went to get the labeling. Check this out...Blue 2, Red 40, Yellow 5 and 6, and a whole host of other TOXIC ingredients. I asked her how there could be prenatals made out of all the substances Drs tell us not to give our kids or selves. CRAZY! I wouldn't have had the ingredient list had I not asked for it. 

Anyway, I would love some suggestions on safe prenatals. 

I'm excited about this journey. I love motherhood. It's a beautiful thing!!

Peace,

Liz

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2010, 01:09 PM

Welcome!  I took these http://www.newchapter.com/products/perfect-prenatal with my last pregnancy and found them easily digestible.  I currently take the Metagenics pack of prenatals, and though they are not organic or whole food supplements, I find their nutritive qualities to be exactly what I need to feel healthy.

I am 7+ weeks and showing already, too - and this is number 3 for me as well.  I pulled out the only pair of maternity pants I have left and bought a few pairs of leggings to get me through the next few months.  

Congrats!!  

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

Old 11-12-2010, 04:44 PM

7 weeks here with my 5th, not showing yet, but I guess I'm just one of those lucky ones that don't show early, ever.  I have a tiny bit of bloating but I'm still wearing all my normal clothes and they're comfy still.  

I use Rainbow Light prenatals, they're all natural.  http://www.amazon.com/Prenatal-Once-Rainbow-Light-Multi-Vitamin-150ct/dp/B000A81QWS

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
Old 11-12-2010, 04:56 PM

Wow july 11 :) congratulations everyone i'm ddcc from may 11, i'm now 14+3 weeks and huge i look about 6 months gone already :)

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

Old 11-12-2010, 05:09 PM

I'm 6+ weeks, and bloating, but I've got enough extra padding that I just look pudgy again.  I was just starting to lose some weight and now people will just think I'm yo-yo dieting.

Congratulations and welcome!

Old 11-13-2010, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Everyone!

I'm going to check out those prenatals. I look forward to being a part of this board. I find out Tuesday how far along I really am so I'll let ya know when I'm due!smile.gif

-Liz

Old 11-13-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheelimama View Post

7 weeks here with my 5th, not showing yet, but I guess I'm just one of those lucky ones that don't show early, ever.  I have a tiny bit of bloating but I'm still wearing all my normal clothes and they're comfy still.  

I use Rainbow Light prenatals, they're all natural.  http://www.amazon.com/Prenatal-Once-Rainbow-Light-Multi-Vitamin-150ct/dp/B000A81QWS

I used Rainbow Light too- the ones with ginger in them.  They were a little easier on my tummy.  The other ones make me so queasy.

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks

User Tag List