Went to my first midwife visit and u/s - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-14-2010, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I wasn't planning to see the midwife for quite some time, but I started having some spotting and cramping last Wed.  I went in on Thursday (I'm so glad they are able to get me in quickly when I'm worried about something!), she did an internal exam and everything looked good there.  I went down to the lab and had a blood draw and then into u/s.  Baby was measuring 7weeks 4 days, exactly what he/she should be, heartrate was 151 bpm.  The only thing was there was a little bleed on the outside of the sack, the ob said that they see that in 20% of patients and most resolve themselves.  She also said the chance of me having a miscarriage was 10% now.  I was feeling pretty good at that point, but then got my blood test results, hcg was great, but progesterone was at 15.6.  Midwife says they like to see it at over 20 by that point in pregnancy.  She offered my progestin pills, but said she would understand if I refused.  After alot of reseach and soul searching, I decided to decline the pills, but to go in for another blood test next week.  I'm also taking natural progesterone now and will be taking false unicorn root and cramp bark tincture as soon as they arrive tomorrow.  I'm hoping and praying that I'm making the right choice and that my progesterone goes up in the next week.  Thanks for reading this, it helps to have a place to get it out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 11-14-2010, 09:54 AM

good luck! I'm also about 7 weeks and was going to wait till the end of the month to make an appointment, but last night I had some light pink spotting when I wiped. I'm trying not to be worried, because I bled (pretty heavily) at the beginning of my 2 previous pregnancies and everything was fine, but I'm still a little freaked out. I figure I'll call the midwife tomorrow, just to be safe.

I haven't heard anything about progesterone levels before. It's been a long time since I was last pregnant! What exactly are they supposed to do/measure?

Crystal

mom to two boys (9/19/98) (8/24/03) and soon to be # 3 (7/2/11)

#3 of 7 Old 11-15-2010, 05:09 PM

mamaw/two hug.gif  I think you are doing the things that you feel comfortable with and are being true to yourself.  I send you many healthy baby and mommy vibes.

Married to my loving DH superhero.gif, becoming more and more "crunchy" with age. 
#4 of 7 Old 11-15-2010, 05:24 PM

hug.gif hope it works itself out soon!

Mama to my cutie girlie luxlove.gif for 2 years and one on the way bouncy.gif (7/7/11)!
#5 of 7 Old 11-15-2010, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Thank's for the nice replies:)  I'm feeling good and haven't had any spotting since Fri.  I have another progesterone test on Thursday, I'm really anxious.   

#6 of 7 Old 11-15-2010, 06:47 PM

Thanks for sharing hug.gif

I think that you are doing what's best for you and your baby. Sending you lots of good healing vibes!

Serena - married to Jason, mom to Sebastian (b.12.22.2008) and Poppy (b.07.07.2011) ♥

#7 of 7 Old 11-16-2010, 09:33 AM

Sending healthy peaceful vibes. Bleeding certainly can be stressful to see during pregnancy no matter how "common" it is. 

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page