~ New Chat Thread 11/14-11/20th ~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 75 Old 11-19-2010, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all. I love being part of due date groups, but I am still apprehensive about jumping in.  I'm still getting blood when I wipe, its bright red sometimes and brown others. In my past pregancies I have had some spotting, but not this much. So I am hopeful, but not getting my hopes up either. What will be, will be. Of course I am totally horny right now and DH won"t touch me with a 10 foot pole because of the bleeding. If Everything continues I will be puking with the rest of you a in a couple weeks. My morning sickness helps were...

Only protein, vegis, some fruit, no sugar or carbs they make you sicker.

Lemon and peppermint drops.

Metro water in chocolate peppermint, um yumm this helps a ton.

VItamin B and Folic acid injections.

Hope this helps one of you. ;0)

#62 of 75 Old 11-20-2010, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I tried to post this last night, but my internet was down. Grr.

Brittee- So this weekend is pee test time, right? ;) I'm glad you found somewhere that will do the blood test for cheaper! 
Stevi B's sounds yummy!
Your comment about bicep curls when drinking from your water bottle was funny. 

Serena- Yay for a good dr appt! 
My bp is usually pretty low, but the last 2 times I've gone to the dr, it's be high (for me, not actually really high) at about 130/90! 
Interesting that you're already doing the 1 hour glucose test...but I guess it makes sense since your dad was just diagnosed recently. 
I have my fingers crossed for your VBAC! Have you looked into ICAN meetings in your area?
Hope the doula meeting goes well! 
I don't think I even remember my username for Crunchy Coops, it's been that long! LOL Do you think the email address I registered with would work?

Katie- I'm glad the emetrol helped your sickness for a bit...hope the Rx will help a lot! Wow, I didn't realize the Zofran is so expensive! But I've never had to take it, so I wouldn't really know anything about it. I'm glad cutting out the prenatal helped...are you going to replace it with something else?
We're going to my grandma's and MIL's for Thanksgiving (3 hours away) but for Christmas day some of the family is coming here...and then we'll go to everyone else around Christmas, but not the actual day. 

Cheryl- I got your PM, thanks! 

LivingSky- Hi and congrats! 
What a bummer to wake up in the middle of the night ready to throw up! Ugh! I hope that doesn't happen to you again!

kriket- I hope your fever went away quickly! 

hildare- Happy Birthday! 

Valerie- Hope your OB appt went well. When is your dating u/s? 

AZ mom&teacher- I'm counting down the weeks until I can use my Doppler! When do you think you'll use yours? I'm thinking hopefully at 10wks. I had a loss in July and I'm hoping hearing the heartbeat with the Doppler will help give me some peace of mind this time.

Tracy- Happy Birthday tomorrow! :) How was it?
I understand what you mean about getting presents...about opening something that someone picked out for you. It's a good feeling! I don't get that feeling often, because DH doesn't usually pick something out for me. Usually I tell/show him what I want and he gets it. Woo, what a surprise! lol 

motray- Hi :)

earth-mama- Hi :)

Goddess3- Hi :)
I hope your bleeding is nothing and it goes away soon! 

AFM- 6w2d now. At about noon yesterday I was doing school with DD and all of a sudden the nausea hit me like a ton of bricks and I had to go lay down. Breasts are SO sore and tender. My fatigue hasn't been quite as bad the past couple of days. And I don't usually wake up in the night to go to the bathroom, but I've found that once I do wake up, usually about 6:30 when DH is getting up for work, then I'm really awake and can't get back to sleep. 

Michelle SAHM to K (3/2004)  H (8/2006) P (7/2011) & we're missing Finley Jonas born still, July 27, 2010 

#63 of 75 Old 11-20-2010, 11:19 AM

Happy birthday, Tracy!

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#64 of 75 Old 11-20-2010, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the birthday wishes!  So far it has been a pretty bland day, but with the way things have been going around here, I'll take it!!  All my SILs and their families are coming over tonight for dinner.  I think I might actually be able to stomach my favorite persian food!!

Katie - how are you feeling?  Is the Zofran helping?  I have been taking it here and there - some days I feel okay and others are just horrible.  You are very lucky to have such great prescription coverage.  I think mine covers 2/3rds of the cost so it was like $70 for 20.  Thankfully, my MIL is very generous and offered to pay for as much as I need!

I think I managed to save enough money to buy DH a new Xbox for Hanukkah!  I sold a few things on Craigslist and have been putting money in an envelope when I think of it for the last several months and if I get a used one at Game Stop I might be able to get him a game, too.  He is not really into video games, but every once in a while a game comes out that he really wants to play - and his old Xbox finally gave out a few months ago.  I hope I can keep it a surprise!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#65 of 75 Old 11-20-2010, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Serena!  I saw you on Etsy!! Beautiful paintings!!!!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#66 of 75 Old 11-20-2010, 02:13 PM

Happy Birthday Tracy!!

Goddess3 - Hello!  What is Metro water?  I hope your bleeding resolves itself soon.

I just got home from work a little while ago.  It wasn't as awful as Thursday, just the standard awfulness.

I did POAS and it still said BFN (same brand if that matters.)  DH asked if I get a blood test and it also says no if I will be upset.  I told him I would be disappointed but mostly I would be really confused about why my body is acting this way.  shrug.gif  I still feel pregnant, even having symptoms that I didn't know were symptoms until I looked them up on the interwebz.  It's frustrating not knowing.

I am going to a wedding in May and trying to decide my preferred mode of travel.  Flying that far from July shouldn't be an issue, but driving could be really horrible.  We're talking at least 1,000 miles, one way.  I was looking at train tickets, but they take longer than driving, are just as expensive as flying, and you only have the option of eating on the train.  The choo choo is looking like a no go.  Anyway, I've got to get back to my job applications.  I can't keep working for the crazy Dr and his son.  Someone told me I would want to hide the fact I might be pregnant from the Dr. because he might decide to fire me to avoid paying maternity leave.  It's illegal, but he just has to think of some other reason for the termination.  I am feeling bummed out today.  crap.gif

Married to my loving DH superhero.gif, becoming more and more "crunchy" with age. 
#67 of 75 Old 11-20-2010, 04:03 PM

Tracy - I hope you're able to enjoy the Persian food, sounds delicious! I'm feeling better, having some side effects from the Zofran but I'll take those over throwing up all the time. For the first 30 minutes after it kicks in I feel tired and a little woozy and get a little headache but then it goes away, it does make me feel pretty gassy. I know exactly when it starts to wear off because I start dry heaving and have to take another dose, but at least it's working. We have military insurance and it is one of the things I'm so grateful for, the fact that we'll lose it once DH gets out next year is terrifying. It's honestly making me re-think him getting out.

Michelle - I'm taking folic acid separately and I take a gummy vitamin minus the iron. 

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#68 of 75 Old 11-20-2010, 04:43 PM

Brittee, when are you going for a blood test?  

Feeling pretty crummy here.  And I'm not sure what to do about the u/s I was suppose to have on Monday.  Dh was going to go with me and something came up at work Friday afternoon that is going to make him completely unavailable to me Monday.  Our plan was to mail the picture to my parents and announce it that way, and to tell all of DH's parents at Thanksgiving.  I think I know how far along I am, but I'm not 100% certain until we do an u/s and I'd love to have the picture to show them all instead of just telling them.  And we were going to tell our children Monday morning and take them to the u/s with us.  I can't take the kids by myself, but I might be able to have someone watch the younger two and just take the 2 olders.  DH said he doesn't care too much if he misses it.  So I might still go ahead with it instead of rescheduling and throwing off our announcing plans.  I don't know.  

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#69 of 75 Old 11-20-2010, 05:17 PM

Alisha, I was going to go in on my next day off.  But now with the holiday weekend, I'm not sure what their hours will be.  Earliest would probably be sometime the week after Thanksgiving.  Unless I make someone mad at work for breathing and get sent home early, which is highly likely.  I'm sorry you feel yucky and that your DH has to miss the ultrasound.  hug.gif  Instead of having someone watch your kiddos, could they come with you to your appointment and help wrangle the littles so you still get to see it as most of the family?

Married to my loving DH superhero.gif, becoming more and more "crunchy" with age. 
#70 of 75 Old 11-20-2010, 05:18 PM

Hello everyone.  I'm very new here so have just been poking around for a little bit.  Mostly on the home page.  Just go the good news; positive pee test so that means we will be expecting our 1st 7/28/2011.

Don't want to get my hopes up till I meet with the midwife or OB.  I had a traumatic accident (fell 10 feet --broken ribs and tailbone, lots of bruising and scrapes) right when I conceived and was on Rx narcotics for 3 days so I'm still a little nervous about all this till I meet with someone who can tell me otherwise. 

All in all I am feeling pretty blessed.  A little more tired than normal but reading this thread is putting some things into better perspective.  So far so good with the sickness bit.  I'm naturally progesterone dominant so I think that might be in my favor (for now). 

I so want to be excited about this and the waiting for an appointment is teaching me a good exercise in patience. 

Ideally we would like a home birth but may not be an option with our insurance plan.  I'm going to talk to my provider and see if I can get them to change their minds.

I look forward to keeping up with everyone's progress.

#71 of 75 Old 11-20-2010, 07:42 PM

Tracy- Glad your birthday has been a decent day. I hope you get to enjoy your dinner! 
Wow, sounds like you still have to pay a lot for the Zofran! I hope you don't have to use it much! How nice of your MIL to offer to pay for as much as you need, wow!!
Your gift for your DH for Hanukkah sounds great! I hope you're able to do it and to keep it a secret! :)
I have no clue what I'm getting DH for Christmas. 

Brittee- Bummer on the test being BFN again! 

Katie- I'm glad you're feeling better! I hope the side effects from the Zofran aren't too bad. 
I may get frustrated with Tricare, but I'm definitely thankful for it!!! 

Alisha- An u/s is definitely something to look forward to! I hope you're able to figure something out for yours, with childcare or whatever. 

LovingSky- Hi and congrats! 
Wow on your accident!! How are you feeling now?
I was on antibiotics at implantation and am now on them again. :( I'm very worried about it, but right now I figure it's probably better to take the meds than to leave the infection untreated (especially since the infection is vaginal...it's bacterial vaginosis, which that infection brings a whole new bunch of worries itself for me!). 

AFM- Went to an indoor yard sale today...DH and I got some CD's, DD got a doll carrier and DS got a little bag of small toys. We did some grocery shopping and stopped at the Dollar Tree and DS got a hat and DD got a notebook. She's 6 and really into reading and writing right now. So proud of herself, which makes me so proud of her! Also got DD a pair of shoes today, since all her sneakers were too small. I think DS just had a growth spurt...I'm putting a bunch of clothes away because they're too small a lot lately! Tonight when I put his pajamas on him, I used a pair of pants that he had worn recently and they were a little bit short, but tonight they were like capri length! lol I was joking and said I needed to put a brick on his head to keep him from growing and he told me he would keep eating so he would keep growing. lol 
I feel really good in the evenings...but I get frequent waves of nausea throughout the day. With my last pregnancy I remember I would feel sick/tired at a certain time each day, but other than that, I was good...I think I prefer it that way! 

Michelle SAHM to K (3/2004)  H (8/2006) P (7/2011) & we're missing Finley Jonas born still, July 27, 2010 

#72 of 75 Old 11-21-2010, 03:12 AM

LovingSky: Welcome! And oh boy, are we going to confuse people with our screen names! LOL

Brittee: Hope the blood test comes back positive for you. Have you tried POAS with a different brand? What brand have you been using?

scheelimama: That sucks about your u/s plans. I hate it when something like that happens and plans that you're excited about get messed up. I hope it works out in the best way possible for you.

tracy: Happy belated birthday!

lmevans: I hope your nausea decides to stick to one time of day for you again! That sounds more manageable.

AFM: Just pluggin along. Sleep has been a bit elusive. I can fall asleep fine, but staying asleep past 4 or 5am has been impossible. and by about 1am I'm tossing and turning, so from 1am until I get up, my sleep is pretty restless. It's not helping with the exhastion at all. Any suggestions on good sleep aids that are pregnancy safe?

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#73 of 75 Old 11-21-2010, 12:54 PM

Yeah the nausea at a certain time of day is much more manageable than the waves throughout the day!

You can take melatonin supplements to help you sleep at night. Hope you're able to get some better sleep!

#74 of 75 Old 11-21-2010, 05:21 PM

Is it safe to take melatonin during pregnancy? I have never investigated it, I stopped taking it when we started TTC just to be on the safe side and never looked any further (I used to sleep crazy hours due to DH's schedule and a VERY early morning job). So I have it on hand. Sure would love to get a good night's sleep again!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#75 of 75 Old 11-21-2010, 06:07 PM

If you look it up online, there's differing opinions (of course! lol). I saw on one of my friend's FB that one of their friends's Dr said it was okay (yeah, I know that's a little bit through the grapevine! lol). I take it....before I got pregnant last time I was taking 3mg. My midwife and I decided I would go down to 1mg while I was pregnant. After we lost Finley, I went back to 3mg. I'm still doing the 3mg right now, but have been debating about going down to 1mg again. 

With the fatigue that comes with pregnancy, sometimes I don't take it at all! So, I only take it when I can tell that I need help sleeping that night. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page