~ New Chat Thread 11/14-11/20th ~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-14-2010, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yet another week has passed!  Hooray for all the sticky babies and all the new members of our DDC!

I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around the idea that Thanksgiving is next week already.  I feel like part of me is still stuck in September.  Although I have to say that I did make a marvelous pumpkin pie yesterday from scratch - first time ever- and I impressed even myself!  So maybe if I eat enough of it I will start to feel the Thanksgiving spirit! orngtongue.gif

I am going to 36 at the end of this week.  I can't believe it.  Some days I feel like there is no way I am so old and other days when I feel like I am way beyond my years.  I was listening to the "oldies" radio station the other day and a song from my childhood came on and I started laughing, saying "oh yeah right - this isn't an 'oldie' " but then I realized that the song was almost 30 years old!!!  Indeed, it is an oldie!! lol.gif  Just like me!!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2010, 12:54 PM

Thanksgiving is next week???  Where did this month go???

I turned 38 today, so I totally get where you are coming from with the feeling old.  Some days I feel down right ancient!  Other days.. I only feel kinda old, lol.

Edited to add:  Tracymom, I just saw your question on the previous chat thread.  We live in Westport, which is about 40 miles up the highway from Scapoose, I believe.  We're about 30 miles east of Astoria, on the Columbia.  I've lived in many places in Oregon, but my hometown, Eugene, will always be my favorite.  We are thinking about moving back there in the near future.. especially now that we have another little one on the way.  All the babysitters live there!  =)  I love Oregon.  I even love the rain. =D

Married to an Ogre, Mother of Danora Rose 12/31/2008 and missing Evan Michael 12/31/2008 Expecting someone new 7/11/2011

Old 11-14-2010, 01:36 PM

Happy birthday, ArcticRose!

I feel like a big cranky, whiney mess. I still feel awful despite taking the Unisom and B6. I'm still throwing up. After I throw up I'm starving so I eat, then I feel sick and the cycle continues. I just wish I could function a little better than I am now, instead I just wanting to lay on the couch all day. That being said, I reeeaaally want grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner. Ugh, is it the second trimester yet?

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Old 11-14-2010, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Happy Birthday ArcticRose!  I have been to Westport (briefly)!  I love the northern corner of the state all along the river.  So beautiful.  I am planning a trip this spring to visit a few friends and take a much needed break before the new baby comes.  I will probably do a loop from Portland down to Salem and Eugene and then up the coast before heading over to Scapoose.  I need to breathe in some Oregon air... its been far too long.  Maybe we can have dinner!

Katie!  You poor thing!  I am sure you have BTDT and tried lots of different things... but what about acupuncture?  Or massage?  Or maybe actually trying an anti-emetic like Zofran?  I don't usually say medicate, but sometimes just a dose or two is all you need to break the barfing cycle.  My best advice is to only take a small bite of something every 10-15 minutes instead of eating a meal and then barfing it up only to get hungry and eat big again.  I am constantly nauseous.  The barf is always in the back of my throat but I have been able to keep it at bay for the most part.  Every once in a while I do vomit, but I have grown used to the feeling and working at keeping it down.  I was bulimic for 10 years and throwing up has a lot of emotional connections for me that I would rather avoid.

Tomorrow morning a new playgroup is coming to my house at 9am!!  Its some moms from here on MDC so I am very excited to meet them but a little nervous because I am not the best housekeeper on the block...bag.gif  hopefully they are forgiving!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

Old 11-14-2010, 07:11 PM

Have a great time hosting the playdate, I'm sure they'll all have lots of fun!

I'm really considering acupuncture but the cost is kind of frightening, just the initial visit is $100 bigeyes.gif This is way worse than what I had with DD, at least the Unisom worked during her pregnancy and when I threw up I actually felt better.  I feel like I would be throwing up so much more if I didn't take it though, today I only threw up 3 times which is a big improvement. My digestive system has slowed down a lot and I'm taking probiotics without much success, I'm sure if my stomach wasn't constantly feeling full it would help. I'm considering Zofran but I've heard it can knock you out, is that something you can take before bed and have it work the next day?

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Old 11-14-2010, 07:14 PM

Ah Tracy, if they're MDC mamas, they better be forgiving since your children are suppose to be your priority, not your house.  ;D

Katie, I'm so sorry you're feeling so awful.  And with your husband deployed (that's you right?), that's even worse.  I'm only nauseous most of the day, no throwing up, thought I wished I would throw up last night, I felt so bad.  Oddly enough, I felt better after eating cake and ice cream, my husband talked me into eating some.  It's my daughter's birthday today and we had her party yesterday, so leftover cake for snacks.

Happy Birthday as well to ArcticRose!  You share a birthday with my dd3.  I'm so glad we're done with birthdays for awhile.  Wesley is the next birthday, he'll be 1 in 2 months.

My dating ultrasound is in 1 week, I'm getting really anxious, since we'll go ahead and tell everyone after that.  We'll tell the kids just before we go in for it.  I'll send a picture from the u/s in a card to my parents to announce it to them.  I'll send it out right away Monday and pray it makes it on Wednesday before Thanksgiving.  

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
Old 11-14-2010, 07:24 PM

My DH is home for this pregnancy, thankfully. I'm not sure what I would do right now if he wasn't here to help out dizzy.gif

Old 11-14-2010, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Katie~ View Post

I'm considering Zofran but I've heard it can knock you out, is that something you can take before bed and have it work the next day?

Not really - it has a 4-6 hour time frame for being effective.  I took it a couple of times last pregnancy and then this summer when I has the world's worst stomach flu and it really helped.  It calms the nausea and stops the vomiting.  When I was sick this summer, I was literally vomiting for 24 hours straight.  Once I got the Zofran in me it stopped almost immediately.  I knew it was time for another dose because I would start barfing again.  Sometimes the nausea does not disappear completely, but it is curbed enough to be able to function and eat.  Honestly, I have never experienced any side effects from taking it - I have always just felt better and been able to go about with whatever my day holds.  It might be nice to get a script just in case you need it.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:47 AM

Happy birthday Arcticrose! Happy early birthday tracymom!

I feel really ill this morning. Ugh! I was listening to my radio this morning on my way to work. They play a mix of heavy metal and classic rock. They played a song by disturbed called down with the sickness that made me feel very upset for some reason. Now that I think about it, it's kinda funny.

Married to my loving DH superhero.gif, becoming more and more "crunchy" with age. 
Old 11-15-2010, 09:57 AM

Best part of the day so far? Figuring out a different way to button my work pants so they don't feel like they are crushing the baby! I think I'm probably going to need to get a bella band or the Target equivalent pretty soon.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 11-15-2010, 10:43 AM

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Ladies!  Had a fairly quiet day, which is a good thing, except my inlaws dropped by unexpectedly.  =)

Tracy, getting together while you are in the area would be great.  I know what you mean about breathing in Oregon air.  I moved out of state for a little while and I couldn't wait to get back!

I got rid of all of my maternity clothes after DD was born, does anyone have a favorite place to shop for inexpensive maternity clothes?  Last time around I bought a couple boxes of clothes off craigslist.  That worked fairly well.  I got a lot of clothes for $100, but they didn't all fit, and some were definitely not my style.  This time I'd like to get a couple pairs of pants and a couple of nice shirts and call it good.  I have comfy yoga pants and DH's t-shirts for around the house. =)

Anyone else having a hard time keeping hydrated?

Married to an Ogre, Mother of Danora Rose 12/31/2008 and missing Evan Michael 12/31/2008 Expecting someone new 7/11/2011

Old 11-15-2010, 10:49 AM

Hi everyone! Glad to see everyone is doing well!

Let me pick your brains for a minute...

My last period was September 18th. I was supposed to get my period on October 14th. I never did. I tested all the way to about October 28th....all BFN. Then on Nov 1st...I got some slight spotting. Nothing on the panties, only when I wiped, but I figured it was my incredibly late period coming. Well the spotting never picked up and it totally went away within about 2 days. So I was back to wondering why I never got a period and decided to test one more time on November 5th and got BFP. I tested the day after and then about 4 days after that and all BFP. So I believe that might have been implantation spotting. I'm so confused. I have no idea how pregnant I am. Do any of you have any ideas? It doesn't seem like I was pregnant back when my period never came because I got negative tests for weeks but I have never missed a period for no reason so I dont know!! I'm just not ready to go to the doctor yet because I think it's way too early. This just goes to show it doesn't matter how many kids you have, every pregnancy is a learning experience!

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

Old 11-15-2010, 10:50 AM

I am having a hard time staying hydrated. I drink about 76 ounces a day and have to go to the bathroom a lot but it's always very yellow. Does anyone have a daily goal for what they drink?

Married to my loving DH superhero.gif, becoming more and more "crunchy" with age. 
Old 11-15-2010, 11:10 AM

Texasmum: Were you charting at all? Or keeping track of when you DTD? That might give you some more insight in to when you actually ovulated.

Brittee: I have a 1L nalgene that I keep with me all the time. I aim to drink at least 3 a day but I've been so thirsty the past week that I've been drinking usually 4L a day.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 11-15-2010, 11:10 AM

@Brittee: The pregnancy books I've read say 13 glasses (i.e. 3 liters) a day, but that doesn't take into consideration activity level, weight, etc. I can't manage to get NEARLY that much down with my nausea and just the size of my stomach. I always feel so full -- and not the good kind! Before pregnancy, I heard half of your weight in pounds (but in ounces). For instance, if you weighed 120 pounds, they suggested 60 ounces a day. Of course, that was without a growing little one sucking up a bunch of it! :) I hope this helps!

@Texasmum: The home tests can pick up the hormone changes typically within 7-10 days of fertilization. I had BFNs up through the Friday before I was supposed to get my period (never did, and got a positive the following Thursday). If you use a 7-day window (just to be on the safe side) from when you got the BFP, you might be able to tell when you actually got pregnant. If you've taken several tests and gotten the same results, particularly with days in between, it might not be too early to see your doctor. I hope this little bit of info helps!

Old 11-15-2010, 12:11 PM

TexasMum, I think you and I are in the same boat. I have been getting BFN's but I feel pregnant. I am treating myself as pregnant until I get a positive test. I will try again this weekend. Not everyone has implantation bleeding to my knowledge. I hope you get some good answers from some of the other folks.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:20 PM

No I wasn't charting to paying attention. It's always when I stop paying attention to that stuff that I get pregnant. My instinct is telling me that I skipped my period for no reason, ovulated 14 days later and got pregnant at that point. No telling why I missed a period. I guess it was just meant to be. I'm gonna try to put off the OB for a couple more weeks at least because I am NOT a fan of the vaginal ultrasound and I am sure the doc is gonna want to do one to measure the baby. If I can get to where I am 6 weeks or so, hopefully the little person will be detectable by abdominal U/S. Either way I am just so happy to be pregnant again! This was my first time using digital tests. Man those things are so in your face!!

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

Old 11-15-2010, 12:38 PM

Things seem to be going well here.  I made my doctor's appt. (early Dec. and will be almost 10 weeks) and we will likely be having a hospital (but very committed to natural, no pain meds) birth.  My Mom had my younger brother and sister at home, and teaches childbirth classes, so we considered home, but my DH is more in favor of a hospital.  So we will see how this appointment goes.  I think there is one home birth midwife in our area if we change out minds.  Otherwise I am feeling pretty good.  I have not had much nausea, so I am thankful for that.  I am more tired, though, and super thirsty and hungry.  Just trying to be healthy with the snacks.  Today I have already drunk three big mug-fulls of water at work.  Also trying to keep up some steady exercise, like walking with a co-worker over lunch.  We walk something like 1.8 miles most days.  My DH and I did a lot of yard work on Saturday, and I was amazed that I held up as well as I did!  I did enjoy the smell of the fallen leaves while raking.  Yesterday was a weepy day, for whatever reason, spontaneous tears off and on all day!  But all in all...I guess things are good!  I think it is all still sinking in. 

DH and I expecting our first EDD 6/30/11! 
Old 11-15-2010, 01:16 PM

Hi, can I join you all? I haven't logged in since the birth of my last dc in 2008. Things sure do look different around here. Is there a sticky with the July DDC members?

It looks like I'm due somewhere between July 15-17. AF 10 days late and old expired test was BFP after 1 day late. This will be #3 for me. I also have DD 1 (4 yo) and DD2 (2 yo).Looking forward to meeting everyone...pinktongue.gif

Old 11-15-2010, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

welcomeback.gif mochimama!  Yes, things indeed have changed around here!  I think there will be what is now called a "wiki" with our roster.  I thought I started one but can't seem to find it shrug.gif

Today has been a very long day around here.  We had a very nice playgroup this morning and then I just seemed to fall out... lots of fatigue and nausea and general ickiness.  My stomach is killing me and I can't seem to actually eat anything.  I just want to sleep!!  But I can't!  Too many kids over here to take care of!

I, too, am having a hard time staying properly hydrated.  I can't drink enough because it contributes to my nausea.  I started this pregnancy with high hopes of feeling really great this first trimester but that has steadily gone down hill.  Bah.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:09 PM

You can PM Mama Monica and ask her to link to our roster in the sticky note.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Alright, I was slacking with the first weekly chat, so I played catch-up! Here's all of that, and now I'll have to keep up better!!

Brittee- Glad to hear the appt went well. I would be going crazy if I were you, not knowing for sure one way or the other!! Good luck on waiting to get the bloodwork done...hopefully the pee test will finally show positive for you. So when is 6 weeks for you, when you will do the pee test?
I've never heard of Stevi B's, but we are huge fans of Cici's Pizza here! 
Wow, that's a good amount of water you're drinking...I'm surprised you're not hydrated!

Lisanne- How was your lunch for the families of deployed service members?
Awesome that your DH will be back way before you're due. 
What does your DH do? My DH is Air Force also, and I'm hoping, praying and crossing fingers HARD that he won't be deployed when this baby is born. He's only been in since May 2009, and hasn't deployed yet. 

Katie- Since you won't be with extended family for the holidays, what are your plans?
How cool that your midwife's assistant is an herbalist!! 
Yay for having the first official appt scheduled!
I can't wait until it's time for belly pics! We took my first one the other day at 5 weeks. :)

Tracy- Thanks for the anniversary wishes. :) DH and I were both busy the evening of our actual anniversary, so nothing special on the actual day (I even forgot to light the unity candle that we used in our wedding, and I usually do that on our anniversary!). A couple days later we went out to lunch as a family, and the day after Thanksgiving my mom is coming to watch the kids for us while DH and I go out to celebrate our anniversary by going to a concert. It'll be my first concert EVER and DH's second, and our first together (obviously lol). We'll probably go out to eat too, but we haven't actually talked about that part yet. 
How was the visit with your parents? And the midwife appt and girls night out? Sounds like you had a busy week! 
Sounds like you've had a lot of dental work done. I feel ya. It sucks. ((hugs))
Oh no, what a bummer on the migraine on the way to the dentist! Ouch on no anesthetic for the temporary crown!! 
Wow, I can't believe you had to have your crown fixed again!! Yikes! I hope it stays good now!
I hope you've been able to eat and drink more since you got it fixed and aren't dehydrated anymore.
Sounds like you were surprised that the MW changed your due date! As I was reading your post I wondered if you would be leaving us for the June group...I'm glad you're staying! :) So are you considering yourself due on 6/26 or 7/2? That would change your pregnancy by about a week, right? 
That's a cute dress from Motherhood, and a good price too!
How was your pumpkin pie? I actually made one from our jack-o-lantern last year! lol
I can't believe it's time for the holidays either...Thanksgiving next week? No way! lol
Happy birthday! :)
Glad the MDC playgroup went well! I can imagine you were tired after that. 

Alisha- The flower fairy tea party birthday party sounds fun! Wow, another bday party too! That's kind of how we'll be...this baby is due mid-July, then a few weeks later is DS's bday, then one week after that is my bday. 
I hope the weather's good for the park bday party! 
Glad you had a good time at the ball! Yay for the baby doing so well!! Were you able to keep the pregnancy news a secret? 
So exciting that your dating u/s is coming up soon!

Cheryl- Do you have pictures of the jewelry you make?

Serena- You mentioned Crunchy Co-ops to Brittee....I remembered that I used to be a member there, so I went to login and it says my account has been manually deactivated and can only be reactivated by an admin...but gives no directions on how to get that done. I'm so confused now! lol I can't PM an admin, because I can't sign in! 
I hope your nausea gets better!

Annie- I definitely understand the need to have a dating u/s to see the baby, because of your previous loss. 
I won't be getting an early u/s, but I will be using my home Doppler, for the same reasons.

Willow- Those Old Navy no-panel maternity pants sound pretty good! Our local ON store doesn't have maternity clothes...I would hate to buy without trying on! Yay for them being good and comfy!

ArcticRose- Happy Birthday!! 

Valerie- Hi :)
If I was in your situation (I'm guessing you weren't charting?) then I would definitely want a dating u/s to figure out a due date! 
I don't "miss" periods, since I chart and know when I'm ovulating, so then I know when to expect my period...but one cycle, earlier this year, I ovulated way later than normal, so then that threw off my expected period time. I'm guessing that's what happened with you. 

mochimama- Sounds like you're due with me! I'm due July 14. 

Michelle SAHM to K (3/2004)  H (8/2006) P (7/2011) & we're missing Finley Jonas born still, July 27, 2010 

Old 11-15-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmevans View Post

Brittee- Glad to hear the appt went well. I would be going crazy if I were you, not knowing for sure one way or the other!! Good luck on waiting to get the bloodwork done...hopefully the pee test will finally show positive for you. So when is 6 weeks for you, when you will do the pee test?
I've never heard of Stevi B's, but we are huge fans of Cici's Pizza here! 
Wow, that's a good amount of water you're drinking...I'm surprised you're not hydrated!

I will be 6 weeks this coming Saturday.  X-mas check came in the mail, so now I have that for when I do break down and go get the lab done, although I would prefer to spend it on prenatal blood work instead of a serum preggo test (or something fun and exciting!).  And I managed to find a place that will do the test for $45!!  I think I may go by the drug store and get a couple of different kinds of pee tests.  I have been using first response exclusively, but then I heard it was the most accurate.

Stevi B's ; Looks like a Cici's, costs almost exactly the same as a Cici's, tastes a little better than a Cici's, and in certain locations, they have soft serve vanilla ice cream too! 

Yeah, 2.2 Liters, I went looking for water bottles at the store and saw my current one with a label.  DH fills my water bottle for me, and complains he can't set it in the cubby in the fridge and has to hold it the whole time.  LOL!  I was thinking about getting two smaller ones, but it would work out to the same amount of water, so no real benefit.  Besides, I'm sure that all the bicep curls I get in by drinking and carrying around my bottle of H2O are a fun and healthy byproduct.  It's also funny when some of the spaghetti arm girls in the office try to hand it to me. 

mochimama grouphug.gif  Welcome back!!

Old 11-15-2010, 05:24 PM

I guess in a way I was charting. I have a little app on my iphone called Maybe Baby and it has a calendar on it that shows me when my period will be here and when I am supposedly ovulating. I say "supposedly" ovulating because some of us are late ovulators! But yeah this is how I knew when my period was supposed to be here but never came. I'm going to the hospital on the base tomorrow to get referred to an OB in the area so I'll know soon enough! I need to enjoy the easy time before the symptoms start kicking in.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:54 PM

I had a Dr's appointment today, it was actually my first time seeing my doctor since I got pregnant (he broke his shoulder so the doctors on call were taking him patients). It was so nice to see him! He said that everything looks great, bp was good! this is a shocker because I have white-coat hypertension and felt my heart in my throat! he wants me to keep taking my bp at home. I have to go for more blood work tomorrow and the 1 hour sugar test. He wants me to go for the sugar test now because my dad became diabetic a couple months ago, so if its in the family they like to test early and then continue to test again throughout the pregnancy.

We talked about me havinga VBAC.. he said that he's hoping I go into labor on my own and of course we wont know that for months. He did say that they consider my last induction a "failed induction" and that ill have to keep that in mind, but in the end, the choice will be ours to make if we want to be induced or have a csection. Of course, if theres something wrong with our little poppyseed we'll go straight to a csection.

We'll be meeting with our new potential doula next week!

I had a big fight with the doula we used last time, someone who I thought was a good friend :( it went very poorly and I don't think the friendship can be salvaged. It makes me sad, but at the same time, I think it might make this pregnancy a lot easier.

Serena - married to Jason, mom to Sebastian (b.12.22.2008) and Poppy (b.07.07.2011) ♥

Old 11-15-2010, 06:57 PM

I can't figure out how to edit my post :(

Imevans, you can PM your username and ill message Jodi for you :) Crunchy Coops is a wonderful place!!! I spend way too much money there!

Serena - married to Jason, mom to Sebastian (b.12.22.2008) and Poppy (b.07.07.2011) ♥

Old 11-15-2010, 08:54 PM

I actually feel pretty good right now! I took some Emetrol just before dinner since I saw it recommended online for morning sickness and it actually appears to work! hallelujah! Now if I could only get my digestive system moving we'd be in business. My sweet son took pity on me and let me take a nap this afternoon while he watched a movie and that helped a lot. 

Valerie - I'd guess that for whatever reason you ovulated later than you normally do and you had implantation spotting like you said, which normally occurs anywhere from 6-12 days after conception. If you had implantation spotting on the 1st, I would guess that conception occurred anywhere between the 20th-26th. That would give you a due date of anywhere from July 13th to July 19th. 

Michelle - I think we're going out to dinner for Thanksgiving, it's just easier at  this point to let somebody else handle it since I'm not up for all that cooking. Christmas is going to be really low key, basically just waking up and doing presents with the kids and enjoying the day. We've never actually been able to do that before so I'm really looking forward to it. 

Serena - Good luck at your doula meeting!

Old 11-15-2010, 09:12 PM

hey gals! 

man I checked in this morning and then when I came back there are 2 pages!  Although I did completely forget it was a new week... 

whew! 

Michelle I will try to remember to pm you with a link, I can't post it here cause mdc considers that advertising.  At least they used to.

Valerie, welcome!  I have no good advice, but I do think you are probably right as to what happened!  happy baby! 

heavensearth, the 1 hour test, that is the same as the gtt right?  ugh,  I hated that test.  I hope your blood sugar comes out ok.  Glad you got to see your doc!  And good luck meeting with your

(hopefully) new doula!

Brittee that is too funny about your water bottle!  I am having trouble drinking enough water for sure.  It was easier when I was working and it would just be there all day but at home I put it down and forget about it.  But about 2 liters a day is my goal.  I figure I am eating lots of fruits and veggies (high water content foods) and drinking tea so that should help.  But then I get to bed and an so thirsty I can't get to sleep.  And then I'm up all night peeing!

Katie, I really hope you feel better soon. I have never been sick like that so I don't know what to tell you :( Just a big hug I guess!!

Tracy, so good to hear your pie was yummy!  I have a new recipe this year I hope is really good. The only thing is it is for 2 pies.  and I don't think I'm having *that* many people for thanksgiving! I also like the make an apple pie so that's 3 pies!  It is a hard recipe to half too because it calls for 7 eggs...  Ooo, and glad to hear the playgroup wen so well!!  I want one!

I felt like crap for most of the day.  I made some kale chips for lunch which usually I love but today I burnt the first batch and then the second batch was ok but after i ate them I felt blech.  And then I had to smell the smell from the kitchen all afternoon... I think I need to get one of those odor neutralizer candles. 

I am planning to make some homemade granola and yogurt tomorrow.  I love making my own yogurt!  I have never made granola before so that should be interesting.

Cheryl, proud mama to Jackson... and a baby on the way!
Old 11-16-2010, 06:17 AM

Hi everyone! :)

I'm new here. We just got our BFP this morning. So I'll probably lurk a lot ot first... well, that or ask a ton of questions. This will be DH and I's first child. I'm still in shock/panic mode right now!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

Old 11-16-2010, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

hi ladies! Trying to stay up on the chat threads! We'll see :) I am a lousy chat keeper-upper. :p

DH and I are cleaning like crazy people and the dust is all kicked up. I was breathing really shallow and fast last night, sore from the coughing, and went to bed with a fever. I don't know if I was a little delusional, or if it was just a tired preggo brain. I hate having a fever, and now my mind is racing worried about the bean. There is so much groundwork going on in there right now, a fever can't be good. ugh.. pregnancy is nerve racking.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

User Tag List