first trimester pregnancy insomnia and late night ice-cream grocery trips - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-15-2010, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

ok - it;s 5 am - I have been up since 4 am or 3:30 am - the first trimester pregnancy insomnia has kicked in. The only time I am free to sleep ( the toddler is passed out) - of course I am laying in bed with my mind filled with all sorts of thoughts, so now upstairs on the computer.. ways to solve the pregnancy insomnia ? Sometimes liquid calcium before bed helps, though I was too tired to take it, so of course, now I am awake! I seem to remember something about my midwife saying these interrupted sleep cycles are the bodies way to get ready for new baby .   But I cant take a nap due to little sleeping 20 month old.

Had a really pregnant moment at 10 pm in the grocery store last night. I went in to Safeway to get icecream, and left with a whole rotiserry chicken, 5 apples, an entire sour dough baguette, a marion berry pie and 2 pints of ice cream gelato. I realized I was very pregnant because I almost had an emotional teary eyed breakdown in the ice-cream aisle, as I stared at all the luscious mint ice-cream and cookies and cream ice-cream, and then realized every single one had corn-syrup as the ingredient. ( ive sworn off corn syrup due to genetically modified ingredients which are bad for fetus, and the hormones in the ice-cream) - so I found myself filling out a comment form demanding organic usda approved ice-cream from safeway . Oh the hysterics, so I finally left with hazelnut gelato, which thankfully did not have any GM corn syrup or hormone milk as the ingredients..  today I must get to whole foods where I can buy a gallon of organic cookies and cream ice-cream. The last thing i need with this pregnancy is more food paranoia - to worry about the effects of artificial hormones and genetically modified foods on my unborn fetus at 4 am is contributing to my pregnancy insomnia, so the solution, for me, is to carefully watch what I eat - but ending up at safeway at 10 pm, emotional and hysterical, starving and nauseous .. ahhh, I forgot the joys of pregnancy... OK trying to go get some sleep now!

due july 1st  - 2011  !!!!!!

Lady Tiger Fairy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2010, 01:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It's 3:30am, and I woke up HUNGRY!!!  I'm going to eat some crackers and then hopefully go back to bed.  sleepytime.gif

Married to my loving DH superhero.gif, becoming more and more "crunchy" with age. 

User Tag List