Anxiously Awaiting Results - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-18-2010, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I forgot the anxiety that comes along with pregnancy, especially when it comes to testing. During my last pregnancy I opted out of most testing if at all possible. Now I have a new OB and she is on the test happy side. Go figure.

I had my blood work done during my lunch break today. The lab lady thinks I'm just way early and the doctor should stop fretting and stressing me out. According to the lab lady, the doctor is not expecting good results on my labs from today. I'm sick as all get out, although I don't know if it's from morning sickness or stress. It's been a bad week. We were discussing the nurse and her dismissal that even a few days matter and this point and she made a note of it in my chart and said she would pass it on to the OB. She was alarmed my concerns and questions had been initially dismissed, but said this isn't the first time this particular nurse has handled a situation as such.

I could know as early as tomorrow what my lab results are. I'm sincerely hoping my lab results do come through by tomorrow evening so I'm not left to worry the entire weekend. I'm praying for good news.

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2010, 12:51 PM

hope you get good news.

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

Old 11-18-2010, 01:35 PM

I am fingersx.gif for you. 

Old 11-18-2010, 02:09 PM

Hope you get good news and you're just earlier than you thought.  Crossing fingers for you!

Hayley, exclusively pumping (eliminating dairy and soy) 2 years now! Proud mommy to:Owyn 2/8/03 and Dominic 10/16/08 (GERD, SPD, pediatric feeding disorder, eczema) # 3 EDD 07/13/11
Old 11-18-2010, 02:35 PM

I hope you get good news as soon as possible!

Serena - married to Jason, mom to Sebastian (b.12.22.2008) and Poppy (b.07.07.2011) ♥

Old 11-19-2010, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you ladies for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. It is very much appreciated.

I called my OB's office this afternoon during my lunch break to see if my results were in. They had just come in today and the OB hadn't had a chance to look them over, so the nurse got her to look over them quickly. My hcg is increasing as it should be and my progesterone has increased to 23 from 9.8. The nurse wouldn't give me the exact number for the hcg, but at least I know it's doing as it should be. The OB recommended coming in for another progesterone shot, but I may hold off on that until Monday.

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

Old 11-19-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlize View Post

Thank you ladies for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. It is very much appreciated.

I called my OB's office this afternoon during my lunch break to see if my results were in. They had just come in today and the OB hadn't had a chance to look them over, so the nurse got her to look over them quickly. My hcg is increasing as it should be and my progesterone has increased to 23 from 9.8. The nurse wouldn't give me the exact number for the hcg, but at least I know it's doing as it should be. The OB recommended coming in for another progesterone shot, but I may hold off on that until Monday.

Yay! that sounds like really good news!!!!

I really don't know much about progesterone, can too much be harmful for your baby? if not, I would be inclined to just get it if it can do nothing else but help.

Serena - married to Jason, mom to Sebastian (b.12.22.2008) and Poppy (b.07.07.2011) ♥

User Tag List