HUNGRY? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 11-18-2010, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is anyone else hungry all the time?  I feel like I am eating way more than my first pregnancy.  I am nursing my toddler, but only a handful of times.  It seems so hard to find food that sounds good too.  Anyone else?

~Adele, married 5/01. angel.gifx2 May and Aug 2006.  Ds, Levi 7/08. DD, Camellia 7/11.  Surprise baby coming end of May
#2 of 10 Old 11-18-2010, 08:37 PM

LOL, That is exactly why I took a pregnancy test. The past week I have been waking up about 1 am ravenously hungry.  I got got mad at DH when he was eating taco bell and wouldn't share( I usually find taco bell nasty) I need to find some healthy easy snacks to have around the house.

#3 of 10 Old 11-18-2010, 11:00 PM

Haha!  YES!!  I feel like I am eating all the time right now.  I told my husband I am eating like a hobbit!  I'm not looking forward to morning sickness, but at least it will keep me from gaining too much weight. 

Loving my DH and my two active little girls (9/06), (6/09). Anticipating a new bundle of joy (7/11).
#4 of 10 Old 11-18-2010, 11:56 PM

I am not exactly hungry, but compulsively overeating because it keeps the nausea at bay. This is how I gained 10 pounds during the first trimesters of my other pregnancies-- I don't want that to happen again.  Any ideas on how to keep myself from overeating?

DS (10/03), DD (11/05) and expecting a new one (July 2011)
#5 of 10 Old 11-19-2010, 05:24 AM - Thread Starter

@goddess3 - LOL!  My first pregnancy, I ate Taco Bell all the time, and never ever eat it any other time.

@stillwaters - have you tried lemon essential oil, seabands, or walks outside?  Those helped me last time with nausea.  Also, coconut oil.  It keeps you full longer.

~Adele, married 5/01. angel.gifx2 May and Aug 2006.  Ds, Levi 7/08. DD, Camellia 7/11.  Surprise baby coming end of May
#6 of 10 Old 11-19-2010, 08:02 AM

In the same boat as y'all, and it's my first pregnancy.   I also don't want to gain too much weight in the first tri.   Here's what I'm doing.

I'm eating every 3 hours.   300-400 calories.   I kind of have to wait until the time to see what I'm hungry for.   If I'm hungry for something healthy, great - that's what I give myself.  I'm always in the mood for fruit, so if I'm travelling, I have fruit and a Lara bar with me (they are 100% nuts and fruit, no other sugary crap ingredients).  

If I'm hungry for something not healthy, sometimes I've been eating it (i've been craving desserts with milk and carbs - doritos a few days ago, etc).   More often, though, I'm getting better at figuring out a solution.   Here's some of my choices:

fruit yogurt with All bran (fiber which is good for me) or nuts --- this has a lot of sugar, but not a lot of calories/fat/nastiness that dessert does

egg and toast (this often satisfies a carb craving)

a tiny bit of pasta with cooked veggies (as long as the veggies are basically mushy and overcooked, I can eat them!)

i'm thinking about buying plain tortilla chips and salsa.   key for me is measuring out a portion size and sticking with it. 

So, in the end, i'm eating about 5 times a day, 1700-2000 calories.   Its a little high for me, but i'm trying to stay on the exercise, so hopefully I'll stick with the 3-4 pounds I've gained, and no more.  It's a drag just looking fat though!

Hope this helps!

#7 of 10 Old 11-19-2010, 08:28 AM

I am STARVING eat.gif all of the time. This was a big early symptom for me last pregancy as well. I've been posting on this July DDC healthy eating thread if anyone is interested in trying to stay motivated and get good healthy food ideas! http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1279592/healthy-eating-support-thread-nov-15-21

Wife to a wonderful man since June '04, mommy to a beautiful 3 year old son and 1 year old daughter.

#8 of 10 Old 05-05-2011, 07:20 AM

I am. In the first trimester I was never hungry - my mum put food on my plate but the only way I would eat it would be my BF force-feeding me. Now I'm 5 months pregnant and STARVING. When not pregnant I don't eat much - I'm an okay weight but on the lighter side of okay - like just a pear for breakfast, maybe 1/2 packet of crisps for lunch maybe not, about the same amount as my 9 year old half-sister at dinner. In the first trimester I ate next to nothing. Now 2 bowls cereal at breakfast, panini and cake for lunch, more than my BF (he's a PE teacher so he eats quite a lot!) at dinner. It's MAD

#9 of 10 Old 05-18-2011, 01:46 PM

I am so insanely hungry! I can't stop eating! Still not gaining weight, but hungry ALL THE TIME? Tell me I'm not alone!

#10 of 10 Old 05-18-2011, 01:47 PM

Wait, insanely hungry, yet nothing appeals to me.... an important note there!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page