The First Time Moms-To-Be Thread - November 2010 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 66 Old 11-19-2010, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I thought I'd start a thread for those of us who have never given birth to a child before. While I believe that every single pregnancy is a miracle, I do think it's a bit different when it's the very first time for you... kwim?

This is a place for talking about the new experiences we're having during our pregnancy. To share all the goods and bads of the next 9 months and beyond!

The First Time Moms-To-Be Club

Joanna in PA: EDD 7/1/2011

ebegreen: EDD 7/5/2011

SaraJaneM: EDD 7/5/2011

Mama Metis: EDD 7/6/2011

Tank: EDD 7/12/2011

boater: EDD 7/19/2011

Maiiven: EDD 7/26/2011

LivingSky: EDD 7/26/2011

HawaiinBlesing: EDD 7/28/2011

opus: EDD 7/28/2011

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#2 of 66 Old 11-19-2010, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter

I'd love to hear a bit about all you other ladies who've never had a baby before!

My name is Allison. I'm 30 years old, married to DH (34) in May of 2010. For most of my life, I didn't want kids. Nothing against kids, I just didn't hink they were for me. I changed my mind when I finally met a man I actually wanted to have and raise children with! So for me, it's not about wanting to have kids - it's about wanting to have HIS kids :) This is the first pregnancy for either of us.

We live on a farm in Saskatchewan. I breed horses and dogs, and we raise chickens, as well as both have off-the-farm jobs. So things are pretty hectic. My job is a casual position though. So our plan is for me to take the maternity leave portion of the leave (18 weeks I think in my province) and for DH to take the parental leave portion - 37 weeks. After 18 weeks I will go back to working 1 or 2 days a week, and DH will be home. I want him to have as much closeness with our baby as I do. And my job is quite close to home, so if I'm away for a part of the day one or two days a week, at least it's not all day long like DH's job!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

#3 of 66 Old 11-20-2010, 03:28 PM

Hi Allison.

I was going to hold off jumping into this thread until I figure out what is up with my wacko uterus.  But your thread looked lonely, so I thought I'd say hi. 

This would be my first.  My name is Brittany.  I'm 27, married to DH for 2 years, together for 5, and we live in Georgia.  At the moment I am working for probably the most hostile supervisor I have ever had, and applying for other jobs every day when I get home.  DH is working for artistic theatres in the area, overhire-ing on various set builds until his PT job starts in December.

I totally want chickens someday.  chicken3.gif

Married to my loving DH superhero.gif, becoming more and more "crunchy" with age. 
#4 of 66 Old 11-20-2010, 04:19 PM

Hi Allison,

My name is Becky & our due dates are very close together.  I'm 35 yo and a 1st time mom to be.  I married my DH 20 months ago and we live in Nevada. 

I see that you have corgis--me too.  I also breed them but only 2 at the moment.  I lost my little girl (corgi) at the age of 8 to a very aggressive cancer. 

I work as a pet groomer so I can't really complain about my job.  I love that fact that I work with animals all day and can bring the dogs to work with me.  My husband is a firefighter here in town so he has a lot of flexibility with his schedule. 

As of right now I am planning to take 12+ weeks off after the delivery.

#5 of 66 Old 11-21-2010, 03:38 AM - Thread Starter

Brittee: Thanks for taking pity on my thread! I thought it looked pretty lonely down there too but I couldn't decide if I was desperate enough to bump it up myself! LOL

I posted this to you in another thread Brittee, but I'll ask again here :) What kind of HPT have you been using? I had a super frustrating cycle in Sept-Oct. I knew precisely when I ovulated and I always, always always have a 13 day LP. Well, at 13dpo I stated spotting and I spotted for 4 days! AF didn't start full force until 17 days after ovulation. It was really frustrating, especially because my HPTs were coming up negative.

I believe what happened is I had an early miscarriage. The bean tried to stick but couldn't hold on. None of the HPTs I used were very good ones and I think they weren't sensitive enough to pick up the HCG.

They say you're much more fertile the month after a m/c - well, here I am with a positive test and a (so-far) sticky bean! No spotting at all *knock on wood*.

Of course, I had every symptom in the book for the Sept-Oct cycle. This cycle with my BFP I had almost no symptoms at all! LOL

Anyways, my point is that it's pretty crazy how wierd our bodies can be during TTC. Try a really good brand of test (FrER or a CBE Digital maybe?) and I'll be waiting to hear how your blood test goes!

LovingSky: I love that our screen names are so similar but for totally different reasons! And we both have corgis too, that's awesome. I ADORE my corgis. I have 4 girls and 2 boys - my older boy is being retired next year so I'm going to fix him and find him an awesome pet home. I've also got an almost 9 week old puppy whose buyers backed out at the last minute, so now I'm scrambling to find her a home! I have a huge waiting list for sables but she's a tricolor. I'm desperately trying not to fall in love with her - I don't need to keep another dog! :)

So sorry about your lost corgi :( It's awful when we lose them, especially so young. I used to have Great Danes (not for breeding, just pets) and I lost both of my girls less than 6 months apart. They were 6 and 4 years old. It broke my heart. I haven't been able to have a Dane since - I don't want to deal with their health issues again for a while. I also lost my equine soulmate this year, my old girl, to arthritis, at age 22. I have her daughter, but it's not the same.

I hate losing pets :(

Anyway... on a happier note! To both of you: How have your pregnancies been going? How did you and your DH react to the pregnancy?

DH and I really wanted and have been trying for this, but we were both completely floored when we actually got the BFP. .Having a baby went from being something we really wanted and could picture in our future, to a concrete reality. Like - Wowzer, this is actually going to happen. We were thrilled, but also a bit in shock, kwim?

I've hd some symptoms, but not really anything serious so far. One bout of nausea in the middle of the night. Backaches, slightly tender breasts. Some period cramping (more like muscles pulling/stretching). That's really about it.

#6 of 66 Old 11-21-2010, 08:24 AM

Good morning LivingSky,

When I saw your user name in the DDC I thought Uh Oh....this might get tricky but seeing you can't change it.....

My DH and I don't really know what to make of the news yet.  We are both very excited but super cautious due to the circumstances surrounding the conception.  My husband and I were in Maui having our last hurrah before starting a family.  We decided that we would TTC on the trip being on a tropical island and all.  The day before/of ovulation we got into a water accident.  I was knocked off a 10' wall by a wave and landed on lava rock then was swept across it by the next wave.  I broke 3 ribs, broke my tailbone and has some pretty substantial scrapes and bruising.  All in all we were very blessed to receive such minor injuries.  With a fall from that height I'm fortunate by the grace of our Lord not to have had a head injury, internal injury or any major broken bones.

I looked more pregnant after my injury than I do now....my abdomen was so swollen that I looked 3-4 months pregnant. 

To get to the point I was on Rx narcotics and Xanex for 3 days surrounding conception.  I tried to limit them as much as possible but couldn't sleep the first 3 days without them due to the pain.  So we are trying to remain reserved until we see the OB or midwife to confirm a heartbeat.  I had a hard time deciding if I would tell him right away because he sometimes has a hard time containing such good news but it appeared I did too.  smile.gif  So I told him the night I found out after I went to work.

If the pregnancy holds, we are concerned about my ribs healing before all the expansion takes place.  If not that could make for a painful pregnancy & difficult delivery.  My tailbone depending on how it's broken can inhibit a vaginal birth as well.  We are praying about it and the Lord will guide us as he see's fit. 

We went in for repeat x-rays when we got back but thankfully the tech refused to do them without a pregnancy test.  My period was due 3-6 days later so we decided to wait.  I POAS two days before my expected early date and got a BFN.  5 days later and 3 days later than my longest cycle I got a BFP.  I went in for b/w on Friday but have to wait anxiously till Monday. 

I too am not feeling many symptoms which was so confusing to me.  I didn't have any period symptoms this cycle but then didn't have any of the typical early pregnancy symptoms.

I've had a little cramping but that is pretty much it.  It was kind of funny....my husband the other day said to me "you still look pregnant" before we knew. 

Trying to decide when to tell the family.  We are having everyone over for Christmas and even though it's a little early....we may tell them then.

I'm trying to figure out this whole lunar calender thing.  When I looked it up on line it said I was 5 weeks 4 days does that seem right?  LMP 10/21/  Ovulated 11/3-11/4

#7 of 66 Old 11-21-2010, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

LovingSky: We'll sort it out :) We'll just have to rib people who mistake you for me and me for you!

That accident sounds terrifying! I hope everything goes smoothly for you despite it. On the bright side, you'll have quite the conception story to tell! How are your rib and tailbone doing now? I hope you've got the pain under control. I had a cracked rib once (which unfortunately coincidede with a bout of bronchitis), and that was awful - I couldn't imagine 3 broken ribs and the tailbone.

How many days along:

I had to ask this too because I had no idea :) Take when you ovulated, and add 2 weeks to that. So I ovulated Nov 2, so I'm 2 weeks 5 days since ovulation, or 4w5d pregnant. You would be 1 or 2 days later than me, so, 4w4d or 3d.

I'm not sure if a lunar calendar count would be different... but that's how I was told is standard to count how far along you are. I don't see how you could be 5w 4d, you're not even 5 weeks since your LMP yet!

#8 of 66 Old 11-21-2010, 11:40 AM

Hi everyone, I'd love to join in.  My name is Kelly and I'm 34.  DH and I have been together for 10 years, married for 6.  I also didn't want children until my 30s but now I'm super excited to be having this baby.  Allison we have the same EDD.  I live in Oregon and am hoping/planning on being a SAHM with this little one. 

Kelly

Married to loving DH since 3/2004.

***4*stork-boy.gif**8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40**
#9 of 66 Old 11-21-2010, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

LovingSky: Well I'm glad your injuries aren't causing you too much grief right now. Here's hoping your tailbone heals nice and straight!

Maiiven: Welcome!! Glad you joined us! It's nice to share a due date with someone. We can count down together!

#10 of 66 Old 11-21-2010, 05:43 PM

LovingSky,  I agree with Living, that is a really scary accident!!  I am glad you are healing and will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Hello Kelly!

I have been using the First response POAS.  I have missed 2 periods now, and had lots of different symptoms; very strong food aversions, late night HUNGER, intense nausea, nonstop burp fest in the afternoons, and big time irritability/weepiness.  Someone at work had a box of cheez-its and did not want to share, and it made me really sad.  Instead of just being mean though, I am very argumentative.  DH is taking it in stride.  He and I are both in limbo because it's a possible positive, but also a positive negative.  We were not ttc, and if it ends up being a, what do they call it, phantom pregnancy, it will probably be a while before we do ttc.  We would both be really happy if there is a baby bean in there, and if there isn't, then it's just not the time for us yet, and that is ok.  I have had a couple of close barf calls, nothing has gotten past the mouth, but it has been very very close.

Married to my loving DH superhero.gif, becoming more and more "crunchy" with age. 
#11 of 66 Old 11-21-2010, 08:35 PM

Hey guys.  this is my first pregnancy and I am due 7/12/2011.  I am having my first ultrasound tomorrow to check for the heartbeat and confirm exactly how far along I am.  I am really excited.  My boyfriend have been together for over 7 years and we had been ttc for about a year then split up for a few months.  The very first month we were officially together again we concieved, so
I guess it was meant to be :)  I am a dog groomer and I love my job more than anything.  I am hoping to work as long as possible but I have already been kicked in the stomach by a dog and it really worries me.  Well, to tell you the truth everything has been worrying me, which is very out of character for me.  The only symptoms I have had is exhaustion and irritability.  I have only had an upset stomach when I drank coffee so that is completely cut out of my diet now.  I am also vegan which is a huge part of my life.  Hmmm... what else... I have 3 dogs.  2 pit bull mixes and a blue heeler/bull terrier mix.  I'm really into dogs.

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#12 of 66 Old 11-21-2010, 09:24 PM

Hello Tank,  & Welcome.

I too am a pet groomer as well and just found out on Friday that I'm pregnant.  I was more worried about the weight issue.  I'm still going to lift as my OB says it's ok to do what you are used to but I'm going to stop lifting the 100lb dogs myself.  I had to be tested for toxoplasmosis to see if it's ok to still groom the kitties. 

I love my animals....couldn't live without them.  I have 2 corgis right now and am searching for a Golden Retriever puppy for my DH. 

Was listing under LovingSky previously but didn't want the confusion with LivingSky in the same DDC. 

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#13 of 66 Old 11-22-2010, 03:44 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome tank! It looks like a pretty animal-lover heavy group here, which is very cool :)

Has anyone noticed their animals acting differently towards you since you've been pregnant?

#14 of 66 Old 11-22-2010, 09:27 AM

Hello tank!
Is that one of your dogs in your profile pic? What a cutie! Let us know about your u/s!

I have officially skipped two periods now. My edd is july 16th. Not sure yet about when I can go for a blood test. Hopefully soon.

#15 of 66 Old 11-22-2010, 01:09 PM

Hi! I'm Metis and this is my first pregnancy. It still feels a bit surreal! My EDD is July 6. I'm a couple days shy of 8 weeks! yikes.gif

I'm really excited for this pregnancy and for the baby, but it truly doesn't seem real yet. I do have some symptoms, but we haven't told anyone and I haven't been to the mw yet (first appt next week). I'm excited for the kicks, the belly, the birth preparation, the nesting... There's not too much action during the first tri, yk? orngtongue.gif

Hawaiianblesing, your story is wild! I have a feeling everything will turn out great for you - the human body is truly so resiliant.

Brittee, I hope you find out soon! The suspense must be so hard. Good for you for taking it all in stride!

Metis, partner to a peaceful soul, mothering DD born July '11

#16 of 66 Old 11-22-2010, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Mama Metis! I remember you from the TTC boards :) Nice to have another familiar face here! I totally understand how you feel. I'm so looking forward to the big baby belly, and kicks, and all of that kind of stuff - but I'm also trying to make sure I enjoy this part too, kwim? Especially since so far I've had pretty mild symptoms.

Brittee: Can you just make a doctor's appt and get a blood test? Or go to the ER or something? Though I'm confused - how can you have skipped two periods but be due on July 16th? How long is your cycle normally?  

#17 of 66 Old 11-22-2010, 10:26 PM

Hello all! Since finding out I'm pregnant I've been dying to be able to talk about it, but due to a miscarriage several years ago I'm being super cautious. Only me and my husband know about it right now. I'm 27 years old and I teach high school science but I've applied to midwifery programs for next year, so it's possible that I'll be starting a part time semester a month or so after our baby is born on July 28. We really didn't time this pregnancy properly! The baby's goign to be born right after my birth day and right before our first wedding anniversary. We only just got married, but we've been together for 4 years. Oh well, that's life right? :) It's going to be worth it! I've had zero symptoms so far, if I hadn't missed my period and taken two tests, I wouldn't believe anything had changed. Hopefully everything's ok. We're planning to get in to see a midwife as soon as possible to get some reassurance because I'm feeling very nervous about miscarriage possibilities... But still so excited!! 

PS. I also have a dog! A siberian husky - I'm wondering how he's going to adapt to these changes...

#18 of 66 Old 11-23-2010, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome opus!! Hoping for a happy and healthy 9 months for you! I love siberian huskies :) One of our neighbours has one and he is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORGEOUS! I have to stop myself from driving off the road as I adore him when I drive by their house :)

#19 of 66 Old 11-23-2010, 04:02 PM

I had my u/s yesterday and got some unusual results.  They did all the measurements and I am actually only 5w2d so they couldn't find the baby.  They originally though I was at about 7-8 weeks so they sceduled the u/s to confirm the pregnancy.  They said I probably ovulate late in my cycle or at least did that time.  Most likely it is still a viable pregnancy because the hormones were still going strong but they can't be 100% sure.  We are a little upset about all this, just hoping to catch our first glimpse.  I have another appt in 2 weeks.  Hopefully things will be okay.

And yes, that's my girl lucy in my avatar.  I think she knows I am pregnant.  She has been acting really "motherly" towards the small dogs at work in the past month and is being extra snuggly with me.  The other dogs, I am not sure. 

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#20 of 66 Old 11-23-2010, 05:07 PM

Hello Metis and Opus!!

Tank,  From what I have learned thus far babies can be very good at hiding early on.  I'm sorry you didn't get to see it and hope you will have better luck at your next u/s.  Sending you sticky baby vibes.  goodvibes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingSky View Post
Brittee: Can you just make a doctor's appt and get a blood test? Or go to the ER or something? Though I'm confused - how can you have skipped two periods but be due on July 16th? How long is your cycle normally?  

Living, I am, how you say, economically challenged.  I do not have health insurance, and DH has been unemployed for two months.  I can go to a lab services center and get it done there, no need for a doctor's order, and the ER would be really really expensive.  DH and I did the deed in the first week of Oct.  I ovulated two days later, and then had what I think was implantation bleeding on Oct. 9th.  I have an app on my phone called My Days to help me keep track of what we do when and it estimates my fertility as well.  Judging from implantation, 40 weeks after that would be July 16th.  I was due for an AF two weeks after the suspected implantation, and I just missed my next regularly scheduled AF last week or so.  Because of the holiday and my work schedule, the lab is going to be closed on the days I could go; so I have to wait until next week.  I got lucky and found a place that will do the test for only $45. 

I got home from work very hungry.  I also happened to go to the grocery store on my way home, so I had a snack before making dinner/ my lunch for tomorrow.  I had 4 ginger snaps, some milk, and a hard boiled egg with salt on it.  ROTFLMAO.gif  I am really into spicy foods right now, which is a little unusual.

Hugs and love!

#21 of 66 Old 11-23-2010, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Brittee: Ahhh! I see where the problem is - you should be counting 40 weeks from 2 weeks before your ovulation, or 38 weeks from ovulation. So your due date would be July 2nd :) Even less time to wait!!

That's awesome that you found a place to do the bloodwork for $45. I completely understand being "economically challenged" (I love that description!). DH and I have been in a rough spot financially for a while now as well. It's slowly getting better, but I am VERY thankful that in our province, midwives are government subsidize, as is our all of our basic medical. I don't know what we'd do if it wasn't!

tank: Sorry your doctor's appointment didn't go as you hoped :( Don't be discouraged - if your bloodwork looks good then chances are you were just off on your ovulation date. Entirely possible! I hope your appointment in 2 weeks gives perfectly!

I haven't found myself to be feeling hungry much. Instead, whenever I go more than 2 or 3 hours without food, I get killer heartbburn. I'm wondering if that is what is waking me up at 1am every morning. I'm oing to try keeping a bit of food beside the bed so I can eat at 1am and see if it lets me sleep the rest of the way through the night.

#22 of 66 Old 11-23-2010, 07:56 PM

Hi Opus and Metis!

HawaiianBlessings: Did you get your blood work back today?

Brittee: Your patience amazes me! I would have gone bonkers waiting that long.  I've been digging on the eggs and salt too.

Tank: Sorry your appointment didn't go as planned hun but it's still early and I wouldn't worry, especially with your blood work looking good.

LivingSky - Have your pregnancy symptoms gotten more noticeable? I saw you posted in the forum about having very little symptoms (so did I).  I'm starting to get nausea and I'm not sure if I've ever been able to say I was happy I'm getting sick (well I was hoping I'm one of those ladies who didn't get it.)  Unfortunately, the smell of cooking food has started to bother me and we're hosting Thanksgiving this year and I'm the cook in the house.  My husband has already offered to do most of the cooking but that doesn't mean the whole house won't smell.  I'm trying to figure out a way to enjoy the festivities without have to  wearing a gas mask, lol.  

Kelly

#23 of 66 Old 11-23-2010, 08:45 PM

I got my blood work back yesterday.  Pregnancy CONFIRMED!!!!  I haven't decided between going to an OB or a MW yet.  I'm really leaning towards a MW w/ a homebirth but my insurance is being stubborn.  Won't cover the homebirth.  There is another MW option but she is part of a group of OB's in a hospital setting.  One I've done some L&D time in and are not very "natural friendly".  

I'm leaning toward no US until the 20 week anatomy scan but am really torn about the whole Rx narcotics early on.  So much could go wrong but I guess so much has gone right so far.  I have faith in the Lord and he will guide this pregnancy as he sees fit.  

Tank:  any concerns about maneuvering around dogs?   I can see already that bathing is going to be a challenge with a belly.  Do you have a bather?  I work alone but am seriously going to consider hiring one full time.  It would make my life so much easier.  Have you been on Groomertalk.com?  There is some really good information about grooming while pregnant.  

Living:  I've been waking up at 1:30 for the past 3 nights either hungary or thirsty and only able to get back to "1/2 asleep"  It's driving me CRAZY because it is so unlike me.  I can usually sleep through the night.  

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#24 of 66 Old 11-24-2010, 06:46 AM

Living Sky: Hey there! Good to "see" you here too. You make a good point about enjoying this part of the pg - I need to remember that! I've been feeling pretty good too, so I am thankful for that.  

HawaiianBlesing: I would bet that the Rx narcotics you took were too early in your pregnancy to cause harm. The really sensitive period of development doesn't start until closer to 5 weeks and goes until about week 10. Your embryo might not even have implanted yet during the time you needed the medication. I think chances are everything will be okay. hug2.gif

Brittee: I hope you can get your test soon!  You may know this, but if you are pregnant you should almost certainly be eligable for Medicaid or your state's insurance program. Might be worth looking into if you haven't already. Of course you'll need to show that positive pg test to enroll! I'm sure you already thought of this, but is there is a planned parenthood in your area? You could probably get tested there for free to save the $45!

Tank: That's good news on the bloodwork but I'm sorry you didn't get to see your bean this time around. GL with the next appointment!

Maiiven: I'm kind of nervous about Thanksgiving too. I don't have much interest in food, cooking smells get to me, and I'm not telling yet about the pg, so I have to be sly about not drinking wine!

My first appointment with the MW is next week. It is a practice of two CNMs (my state doesn't certify CPMs so we don't have them here.) They do home, hospital or freestanding birthcenter births. I'm leaning toward the hospital for my first. I've ruled out the birth center, since I sort of feel that if I'm going to birth outside of the hospital, then I might as well be at home. I have no idea what to expect at the appointment - I'm not sure if they have an ultrasound in their office or not. I'll only be 9 weeks, so it's probably too early to hear the hb with a doppler.

Metis, partner to a peaceful soul, mothering DD born July '11

#25 of 66 Old 11-24-2010, 07:37 AM

Hi all

E here, joining after this thread after lucking. This is my first pregnancy. My estimated due date is July 5, so I'm about 8 weeks. 

Mom to Brodrick born on the 4th of July , 7/4/11.    h20homebirth.gif   nocirc.gif fuzmalesling.gif familybed1.gif Love my husband of 3 years.   treehugger.gif Workin' mamma looking for a way out of the corporate world.

#26 of 66 Old 11-24-2010, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome ebegreen!

So, I'm stressing out today. I've continued temping each morning as I did when TTC since it's part of my morning routine now. Well, this morning my temp dropped by almost .3 degrees. I'm scared. I know I shouldn't be stressing out about this and that I shouldn't even be temping after the BFP, but, I can't stop worrying about it :( ARGH.

#27 of 66 Old 11-24-2010, 09:16 AM

I'm not a first-time mom but I just wanted to say that .3 temp fluctuations are totally normal.  Taking the temps are just going to freak you out!  Even if you did see a drop that ended up being a miscarriage there wouldn't be anything you could do about it.  You are just torturing yourself.  I wanted to continue temping after getting the BFP, but talked myself out of it.  Good luck!

Lovin my SAHD DH and 2 kiddos

#28 of 66 Old 11-24-2010, 09:23 AM

Hi ebegreen!

Livingsky: I stopped temping for that same reason.  My temperature dropped .4 degrees (still very much above the coverline)  and I started freaking out and realized that I was actually able to get sleep that night versus the last 4 where I could not sleep at all.  I also checked a fertility board about it, can't remember which one, and a person had posted about her temperatures staying high and sadly she has lost her baby but her friend's had dropped below the coveline and she had a healthy little girl.  It made me realize temping was just adding to the stress of controlling a situation I can not control. 

HawaiianBlessings: Yeah! I agree with the other ladies comments about it being way too early when you took the medication and your little one should be well. 

Metis: I've broken down and told my entire family and my mil already.  We're going to tell his sisters tomorrow so if I have to sit on the porch for fresh air breaks I'm sure no one will have an issue with it.  Hopefully, I can get enough food in me before the smells rise to a cresendo!

Kelly

#29 of 66 Old 11-24-2010, 10:51 AM

I am happy to join you too!  I am one of the earliest along here, as I think my DD is July 1, and Friday will be 9 weeks!  My symptoms have not been that bad, just slight nausea, but it is rare and passes quickly. I often still think it is all just in my head.  But I guess that is normal. We are embarking on a completely new, life-changing journey!

I have my first appointment with an MW in a practice with OBs next Thursday.  My DH and I have been married since July 09, and I will be 30 when the baby is born. 

LovingSky, wow, what an experience!  Please keep us posted on how you are doing. 

Sadly, no pets here, but the neighbors have a great golden lab puppy and chickens, and ducks, so I live vicariously through them!  I look forward to getting to know you all!

DH and I expecting our first EDD 6/30/11! 
#30 of 66 Old 11-24-2010, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Joanne! It's tough trying to remember that it's real when there's not many symptoms, isn't it? I feel the same way and I'm only 5w1d.

Maiiven: On that note, no I haven't found my symptoms to be much more noticable yet. If my inability to sleep is a symptom, then that is by far the worst one I've got. I am having random food cravings and aversions, but nothing serious. More like one day, soup sounds and tastes like the best food ever - the next day soup makes my stomach crampy. I brought soup for lunch to work today, I had it yesterday too and I loved it. Today, I took one look at it and said - NOPE! It's not so much nausea as my stomach being... picky :) I was trying to figure out what I did want for lunch and I had a sudden urge for Pizza Pops. So I went and bought some :)

I'm finding that I'm eating less than normal. I'm finding myself trying to make sure I actually take in enough calories - not something that this plus-sized lady has ever had a problem with! ROTFLMAO.gif But if I go more than 2 or 3 hours without food, I get killer heartburn. So I'm snacking all day but not eating many meals. That's probably better for me anyways.

staryla and Maiiven: Thanks for the advise. You're both right and I'm going to stop temping. Except maybe one last time tomorrow in case my temp went back up. shy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page