i only want to eat junk food! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 33 Old 11-20-2010, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi Ladies, I am new to this thread, my due date is July 25th with mine and my partner's second. I tend to be a pretty healthy eater, I love chocolate and junk but I balance it out with a diet full of veggies and fruits. Well now that i am knocked up all I want to eat is hostess cupcakes and doritos. I feel so fat already I have already gained 4 pounds. And that is sooo not baby weight, it is fat. I tried to eat a salad for lunch today and I started dry heaving. So I ended up eating a hostess cupcake. Anyone else not able to eat anything healthy? I don' t want to end up gaining 100 pounds in this pregnancy but at this rate.....

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
#2 of 33 Old 11-21-2010, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been forcing myself to eat more protein and fiber to fight down the sugar cravings.  When I was pregnant with DD I remember during the first trimester eating quite a bit of cheese and that helped.  I'm not sure if that was the protein or the fat or both.

#3 of 33 Old 11-21-2010, 12:46 PM

I feel your pain! I've been having serious food aversions too. I definitely couldn't eat a salad right now. Veggies in general have been tough, so I'm trying to make up for that somewhat with extra fruit. It's been a couple of days since this sounded good to me, but I had been doing smoothies with yogurt, banana, and frozen blueberry (it's super easy to sneak in raw spinach.) I've been trying to eat healthy stuff even if it's a bit weird or seems incomplete. Like for dinner two nights ago I ate green olives and saltines with cream cheese. Totally weird, but at least bypasses sugars and unhealthy fats and, well, it went down.

Metis, partner to a peaceful soul, mothering DD born July '11

#4 of 33 Old 11-21-2010, 02:37 PM

Last go 'round all I wanted was fast food and awful, awful foods. :(

Really really try to resist. I was only 20# into losing the 60 I gained with DS when I found out. It is so much harder to lose weight when you have a new baby, are nursing, on leave/going back to work. Mostly saying this for my own benefit! But I wouldn't wish a big weight gain on anyone. This PG I have not wanted to eat anything. The only thing that sounds good is Kraft Dinner :(

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#5 of 33 Old 11-22-2010, 06:50 AM

All I want are bagels greensad.gif  I was/am a huge salad eater, and they sound terrible to me now.  I'm trying to fight it with protein and water, but I it doesn't always work!  Yesterday I ate 2 bagels!

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
#6 of 33 Old 11-22-2010, 07:00 AM

i did that unhealthy eating LAST time.  i never ever eat fast food but when i was preggers with dd, i would go through a drive through to get a chicken sandwich and then eat supper when i got home like nothing had happened. jaw2.gif i don't know WHAT that was about.

however, with that pregnancy, i ended up gaining oh.. around 60 + pounds.  i was miserable, blimpy, and hated my birth photos.  also, i birthed a 10 pounder. 

so... i really have to start fighting the urge this time.  also, that may be the only way my ob/gyn feels comfortable with a vbac (if i don't gain all that, have such a huge baby, and all the related problems w/an enormous weight gain)

fortunately, we are growing lots of greens and i am craving them.  plus my toddler will actually eat them, so it's going a little better so far (except for the sugar addiction).  That, and i'm still nursing aforementioned toddler and i am just plain ravenous.

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#7 of 33 Old 11-22-2010, 05:24 PM

I never eat junk and today I find myself craving potato chips. I really really want to buy a giant bag of bbq flavored potato chips and eat the whole thing all by myself.

Sweets still sound yucky though. Salads too. Mostly craving savory/salty foods. Hubby is smoking a pastrami right now, that ought to help some. =) Though I may make myself a baked potato to tide me over until it's ready....

Married to an Ogre, Mother of Danora Rose 12/31/2008 and missing Evan Michael 12/31/2008 Expecting someone new 7/11/2011

#8 of 33 Old 11-24-2010, 12:06 PM

Just be glad you have choices. I am on a candida free diet and can only eat raw vegetables, meat and the occasional brown rice or quinoa. I would kill for a piece of cheese right now.....maybe even a chip or mmmmmmmmm chocolate chip!

Sarah*

Sarah, Mom to Theo (8/06), Penny (1/08) and Felix 10/30) #4 due 07/11
#9 of 33 Old 11-26-2010, 12:21 PM

i can't stand the thought of salad, or most vegetables now, and i'd say i'm a moderate salad and veggies kind of girl.

i also crave junk food, especially chips and chocolate and for some reason i dry heave at the thought of cooking anything that isn't pre-made.  that's not good since prepared foods are so expensive!

so far, i'm eating a lot of pumpernickel loaf dipped in spinach dip... all that mayonnaise can't be a good thing!  help!

#10 of 33 Old 11-26-2010, 03:34 PM

Right now, I have a strong aversion to sugar.  It's crazy.  Although a few weeks ago (before I realized that I was pg), I was craving chocolate so much that I whipped up chocolate buttercreme frosting for no reason.  I think I cured myself. 

I am eating more protein this time around, including making farmer's cheese and just drinking raw milk.  I don't normally drink milk, but I am making myself.  My local supply is almost out until we move back to FL next weekend, but at least I still have local milk right now.

I'm trying to avoid as many carbs as I have in the past.

I am also forced to walk/ride my bike right now, as we sold our car last Sunday, so I am still exercising even just to do errands.

My biggest junk food that I crave when pg is Combos.  OMG, they are nasty, but I crave them.  Luckily, I am not in convenience stores that often, nor do I tend to go down the grocery aisles that typically carry those evil things....  ROTFLMAO.gif

Lisa (39), DH (51), SDS (29), DD (8/29/01), DD (8/22/03), DS (8/3/06), an angel named Xan angel1.gif, who went home on 12/18/10 and now a new bundle of joy due 05/24/13 stork-suprise.gif.

#11 of 33 Old 11-26-2010, 05:21 PM

I am due at the beginning of August still waiting for my group so I am lurking in yours.

I wanted to mention that I started my day today with a 3-egg veggie omlette and my stomach has been great all day. 

Eating a high protein, high complex carb breakfast is the way the start the day, IMO. 

I gained ten pounds last time 1st trimester just from bagels and cream cheese. Not this time...I am determined!

::: Just another WAHM using this forum to put off picking up toys and cleaning my house.
#12 of 33 Old 11-26-2010, 06:16 PM

Congrats!  You could end up delivering in July, if your EDD is really early. 

Your omelette sounds wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmasbaby7 View Post

I am due at the beginning of August still waiting for my group so I am lurking in yours.

I wanted to mention that I started my day today with a 3-egg veggie omlette and my stomach has been great all day. 

Eating a high protein, high complex carb breakfast is the way the start the day, IMO. 

I gained ten pounds last time 1st trimester just from bagels and cream cheese. Not this time...I am determined!

Lisa (39), DH (51), SDS (29), DD (8/29/01), DD (8/22/03), DS (8/3/06), an angel named Xan angel1.gif, who went home on 12/18/10 and now a new bundle of joy due 05/24/13 stork-suprise.gif.

#13 of 33 Old 11-27-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post

so far, i'm eating a lot of pumpernickel loaf dipped in spinach dip... all that mayonnaise can't be a good thing!  help!

Mayonnaise is okay if you can make your own, and it isn't hard! In fact, made at home it's very good for you :D  and you can add spinach and spices, if that's what you're craving.  There are lots of great recipes online for mayonnaise, it's really just oil and egg yolk, and whatever flavors or add-ins you like.  Use an oil that is mild and NOT soy-based, like sunflower or olive oil.  Use eggs from free-range hens, locally farmed if possible.  One last suggestion, use an immersion/stick blender if you have one, much easier than a wisk!

Here's a link to a recipe from Epicurious:  http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Mayonnaise-241083

Enjoy!

#14 of 33 Old 12-02-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticRose View Post

I never eat junk and today I find myself craving potato chips. I really really want to buy a giant bag of bbq flavored potato chips and eat the whole thing all by myself.

Sweets still sound yucky though. Salads too. Mostly craving savory/salty foods. Hubby is smoking a pastrami right now, that ought to help some. =) Though I may make myself a baked potato to tide me over until it's ready....

I have been craving potatoes big time.  Today I had a craving for Sun Chips and ate a half a big bag.  Now I am ready to barf at the thought of them.  My cravings seem to go that way...

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#15 of 33 Old 12-02-2010, 12:31 PM

I've been the same way! I'm craving mostly fast food, which normally I hate (well not all the time, but I really have to been in the mood..either that or not in the mood at all to cook!).   Mostly Arby's, I think I could drink arby's sauce.  And whoppers....but now I'm craving clam chowder and its the only thing I want!  I've been choking down all my other meals because its not my craving..thats the only time I can eat "normally" is if its what I'm craving. 

Hayley, exclusively pumping (eliminating dairy and soy) 2 years now! Proud mommy to:Owyn 2/8/03 and Dominic 10/16/08 (GERD, SPD, pediatric feeding disorder, eczema) # 3 EDD 07/13/11
#16 of 33 Old 12-02-2010, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Hayley - when I was pregnant with my son, I wanted Arby's soooo bad (even though I couldn't really actually eat anything but Life cereal), and McDonald's hamburgers with *just* ketchup.  Under normal conditions, though, I love Arby's sauce anyway!

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)
#17 of 33 Old 12-02-2010, 12:36 PM

I want a really cheesey cheddary Mac & Cheese or some scalloped potatoes.  It's weird, because with my son, I couldn't even *think* about creamy foods!

#18 of 33 Old 12-02-2010, 12:58 PM

All I can stomach is junk food, too.  No kidding, today I've had Froot Loops for breakfast, Fritos for a snack, and a Tolberone bar and a Coke for lunch.  I did just manage a bananna and a clementine just now.  It all has to be very, very simple carbs apparently.  I figure it's better to eat something that stays down, than the (ahem) alternative.

I hope we're all back to our wonderful healthy ways soon.  Come on, second trimester!

Mom to DS (3) and a new baby!  Geeked to be married to my love love.gif

#19 of 33 Old 12-02-2010, 01:12 PM

Its nice to know I'm not alone though..I was feeling so bad about how I've been eating.  I know once the nausea goes away I'll eat so much better.  On a positive note I'm starting to crave salads with ginger dressing (just like with my first son) so thats a start!

I think I'm getting Arby's for dinner...mmmmm.  Yes, normally I love the sauce, but I'm not a maniac about it like this bad! lol

Hayley, exclusively pumping (eliminating dairy and soy) 2 years now! Proud mommy to:Owyn 2/8/03 and Dominic 10/16/08 (GERD, SPD, pediatric feeding disorder, eczema) # 3 EDD 07/13/11
#20 of 33 Old 12-02-2010, 04:17 PM

Last pregnancy I ate boxes and boxes of cheese nips around the clock. This time it's generally carbs, and I also find myself absolutely ravenous at odd times of the day. I know my coworkers are wondering why I'm running out to get full meals at 10 am or 3pm. I am giving myself until second tri then hope to really clean up my diet.
#21 of 33 Old 12-03-2010, 05:56 AM - Thread Starter

So far for the last two days  I have eaten 2 donuts, subway, mozarella sticks, taco bell refried beans, and a McDonalds Hamburger. Woah. I am going to weigh 700 lbs.

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
#22 of 33 Old 12-03-2010, 11:23 AM

Yeah, all that sounds good to me is chex cereal with a heaping spoonful of sugar. At least the milk is organic and I am putting frozen unsweetened raspberries in it too? Oh, and bagels with cream cheese, milkshakes, and baked potatoes. No meat or anything green right now - they turn my tummy just thinking about them. I normally can't really do dairy, but when pregnant it seems to be one of the few things I can keep down.

SAHM to my toddler E 1/09, surviving HG for a surprise new bean due 7/11
#23 of 33 Old 12-03-2010, 11:44 AM

Ooooooh-- a milkshake!  That's what I need RIGHT NOW!  Man, this is a dangerous thread to read.  yummy.gif

Mom to DS (3) and a new baby!  Geeked to be married to my love love.gif

#24 of 33 Old 12-05-2010, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

This week. Bagel bites and chocolate chip cookies. I swear I am going to start eating salads in the 2nd trimester

#25 of 33 Old 12-05-2010, 05:52 PM

All I want are McDonald's cheeseburgers (the little ones), cokes, and tonight I had Long John Silver's chicken "planks".  GROSS!  Stuff I would never eat :(  I'm really craving salty.  I hope this wears off soon!  The only thing slightly healthy that I'm wanting are string cheese sticks.  Everything else makes me gag.

#26 of 33 Old 12-06-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hembry View Post

All I want are McDonald's cheeseburgers (the little ones), cokes, and tonight I had Long John Silver's chicken "planks".  GROSS!  Stuff I would never eat :(  I'm really craving salty.  I hope this wears off soon!  The only thing slightly healthy that I'm wanting are string cheese sticks.  Everything else makes me gag.

Me too!  (Except, I admit, I would eat these foods if I weren't pregnant, but with a little less abandon!)  I actually had two of those little cheeseburgers for lunch a few days ago (before nausea hit me super hard) and tonight I am formulating a dinner plan involving tator tots (which will, at least, be baked).

#27 of 33 Old 12-07-2010, 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by javilu View Post

Under normal conditions, though, I love Arby's sauce anyway!

I went to Arby's last night specifically for the Arby's sauce!  I love it!  Sadly, I sat in the drive-thru for so long I totally forgot to make sure they gave me extra packets of it and of course they didn't.  I was devastated.  Fortunately, this just means another trip to Arby's sometime later this week for me. :) 

Otherwise, I'm just starving all the time.  I'm not so much into sweets, which is probably a good thing, but damn I'm hungry.  This morning on my way to work at 5 a.m. I was craving Sweet & Sour Chicken.  Random, but I totally wanted it so bad. 

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#28 of 33 Old 12-07-2010, 06:57 AM

I havent really had many cravings at all... redface.gif but i do love mcdonalds!! .. double cheese burger, fries, with a still fanta drink!! YUM

Im also from the uk so i dont reconise 'Arby's' ... whats that ? what do you get from there?

has anyone put on much weight so far ? Iv not put on a pound so far! thank god!!

So far today Iv had a banana, orange, grapes, ceral bar and a cup of soup... so all low fat!

0******8***12***16***20***24***28***32** * 36***40
#29 of 33 Old 12-07-2010, 09:57 AM

Arby's is a roast beef sandwich place.  It's not very good roast beef, but for some reason, the sandwiches are good.  Really salty and they come on sesame seed buns and you can put Arby's sauce on them, which is like a thin, tangy barbecue (tomato-y sweet and sour and spicy sauce).  They also sell seasoned curly fries!   I bet they have a website with photos!  Check it out!  Ha.  =D

#30 of 33 Old 12-07-2010, 10:01 AM

Hi everyone - I am new.  I'm due July 30th - so that puts me at 6w3d.  Thank GOD other people are feeling the same way!!  All I want is junk food and this is so unlike me.  So far I have gained 4 lbs and was fairly devastated when I stepped on the scale.  I used to be a runner and now I can barely get myself to walk.  The junk food is what is really killing me because it's so disgusting.  I am particularly craving salty things, and it's not helping that I'm hungry all of the time.  UGGGGHHHH - 6 more weeks until the second trimester...

Danielle (29)reading.gif married to my best friend Lou guitar.gif since 9/10/10 stillheart.gif ,mama to Ada Adelleenergy.gif since 8/5/11, and expecting a new addition around 4/19/14 stork-boy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page