When did your morning sickness start? I HAVE MORING SICKNESS!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 11-28-2010, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

With my first, it started around 7 weeks.  With my second I did not get sick at all, but it was a missed mc and I found out at 11 weeks.  With my boys, I got sick, my first boy bad enough to land me in the ER, but I don't remember when it started.  Now, I am 6 weeks and no sign of morning sickness.  Kinda getting nervous - will feel so much more secure in this pg when I start throwing up!  Anyone else with "late" starting morning sickness?

Psalm 139     Married 18 years to my love, momma to DD 16, brokenheart.gif 1998, DS 10, DS 7, brokenheart.gif 1/2011
Praying for Peace over our loss.
#2 of 30 Old 11-28-2010, 10:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

yes morning sickness feels secure to me too as last time i had no morning sickness at first then i had a ,lot of bleeding, then morning sickness started immidiatly and the pregnancy was ok after that althought i had bleeding for another 2 months! so this time it started at around 4 weeks and every time it gets better i don't know whether to feel relieved or worried...dizzy.gif

Katie, farmer's wife belly.gifmom to ds (9y) modifiedartist.gifand dd (6y)dust.gif and ds (3y) jog.gif   we goorganic.jpg    saynovax.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif 
#3 of 30 Old 11-29-2010, 09:49 AM

I'm curious about this too- I am nearly 7 weeks now and not much morning sickness to speak of.  I had lots with my firstborn.  My second pregnancy was a miscarriage and I had none at all- so I find it very worrying to have little to none now.  I have no food aversions, but my stomach feels full or weird sometimes but not really sick sick.  I have heard, though, that it's normal for it to start a bit on the late side in some pregnancies or not at all.  I am trying my best not to worry too much!

In love with Javier, love.gifmy husband, Sofia (14) and Isabel (11)partners.gif, my stepdaughters, Luca (3) nut.gifand our little one on its way!belly.gif

#4 of 30 Old 11-29-2010, 10:11 AM

Between 6-7 weeks every time, so I wouldn't be worried yet.  Mine usually starts out very mild, just a hint of nausea right around 6 weeks, getting worse gradually until it peaks at 8 weeks and stays there until 11 weeks or so, then gradually subsiding.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#5 of 30 Old 11-29-2010, 10:19 AM

Mine started at about 5 1/2 weeks. Ugh...

Tired mommy to a 2, 4, and 6 year old!
#6 of 30 Old 11-29-2010, 01:09 PM

didn't have it with dc1.  don't have it now.... 

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#7 of 30 Old 11-29-2010, 01:43 PM

It started at 5 and a half weeks with both of my girls. I don't really have any this time and it has me worried. I keep telling myself it might be a boy this time.

military wife to Eric, mommy to Ani 11/06 and Emi 2/09 and our angels angel1.gif 12/10, and angel1.gif 2/12 and our newest addition Izzy 4/13

#8 of 30 Old 11-29-2010, 01:45 PM

It hit hard around 6-7 weeks this time. I didn't have any sickness with DS, I was just really tired the whole time. I started getting sick around 7 weeks with DD but not nearly as sick as I've been this time around. I was throwing up once a day with her until 15-16 weeks. 

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#9 of 30 Old 11-29-2010, 02:46 PM

It started the day before I took the pregnancy test.  I thought I was coming down with something because I felt nauseous and dizzy.  That was about 5 weeks.  So far, no vomiting, thankfully!  Just horrid nausea and food aversions.  I'm down to about 5 things that I will eat and none of them even remotely sound good.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#10 of 30 Old 11-29-2010, 02:59 PM

If my EDD is correct by lmp, I started strong at 6wks.  I am nauseous all morning and all evening, with a little break in the middle.

~Adele, married 5/01. angel.gifx2 May and Aug 2006.  Ds, Levi 7/08. DD, Camellia 7/11.  Surprise baby coming end of May
#11 of 30 Old 11-29-2010, 05:18 PM

I have nothing at 5 1/2 weeks and keep wondering "am I really pregnant?"   My breasts really aren't that sore, I have some mild cramping but other than that, I'm eating like a horse with no food aversions etc.   I'm just super nervous about this whole deal because of my accident.   But I guess I won't know until I know. 

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#12 of 30 Old 11-29-2010, 05:52 PM

Whammo!! Right at 6 1/2 weeks this time.  But I had absolutely none with DS and very little with DD.  This time it is totally different - I feel like crap every minute.  I have intensely strong food aversions and no matter what I do I cannot drink as much water as I should.  Sparkling water has been more palatable, but I can't get enough of that down either.  I am really, really hoping this passes in the next few weeks.  I would so love to wake up and not feel like hell.

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#13 of 30 Old 11-29-2010, 06:10 PM

With DS, it started around 7 weeks.  This time, it started before I even got the BFP, but it's very on-and-off.  So there have been days when I've felt absolutely fine and of course, I'm always worried that something's wrong on those days.

joy.gifLoving life with   geek.gifDH   biggrinbounce.gifDS1 (5/7/09) and   babyboy.gifDS2 (7/23/11)

#14 of 30 Old 11-29-2010, 06:11 PM

Mine started today, BLECK!! Just turning 6 weeks tomorrow! I'm basically retching every five minutes :)

Tracy, mama to Mia Elizabethhearts.gif10~4~06 and Baby Ava Elise baby.gif 8~6~11

#15 of 30 Old 11-29-2010, 06:13 PM

P.S... no throwing up with me though... just dry retching. Yay

Tracy, mama to Mia Elizabethhearts.gif10~4~06 and Baby Ava Elise baby.gif 8~6~11

#16 of 30 Old 11-29-2010, 06:33 PM

with my first i threw up only once, right at the beginning, it was definitely during the first month. it was awful. i popped blood vessels in my face and eyes.

with my second, it was horrible...i had morning noon and night sickness.i am pretty sure that i was over salivating because of the nausea. i threw up throughout my entire pregnancy. it started right at the beginning. i was afraid to brush my teeth because i knew what was coming....once i even tore the lining of my stomach once and threw up blood.

now with this pregnancy, i thank the stars that i dont have "morning sickness" like i did with my second...so i can deal with it. it's occasional and i dont feel nearly as on edge as i did with my previous pregnancy. i'm almost 8 weeks now and i threw up for the first time about 2 weeks ago.

#17 of 30 Old 11-29-2010, 07:02 PM

This tie i have done very little throwing up this pregnancy but I have been naseous almost all morning and then again all evening since my 5th week. I have SO many food aversions and only have a few things I can manage to choke down without gagging. It has been different for me every pregnancy.

My first I felt fine most of the time but would throw up 1-2 times every morning starting at like 6 weeks until like 27 weeks- no other food issues. My second was much like this pregnancy general feeling yucky but only in the morning with not as much throwing up. My third pregnancy ended in mc and I had no symptoms really at all. My 4th pregnancy was traditional morning sickness with occasional throwing up and feelings of ick. 

makuahine likes this.

AP crunchy homeschooling mama to Henning (1/4/03), Connor (7/1/05) and Elijah (9/21/08) Forever holding my 3 lost little ones in my heart.
#18 of 30 Old 11-29-2010, 07:26 PM

I'm 5w1d and no m/s yet.  With my first pregnancy it started about 5w5d so I'm counting down.  In some ways I'd like it to just start already so that I can feel more secure about this pregnancy.  But the other part of me knows what's coming and is dreading it. ;)

Semi-crunchy Momma to a 4 year old girl and a baby girl born in July of 2011.

#19 of 30 Old 11-30-2010, 05:10 AM

I'm almost 7 weeks and no morning sickness yet. I've not even really had much nausea, no food aversions either. I wish some symptoms would kick in and reassure me :) I know it's illogical because I had tons of symptoms with my last pregnancy which ended in a loss at 6 weeks, but I don't even really feel pregnant at all.

With my first pregnancy, I didn't puke the entire pregnancy. I did have some mild food aversions and nausea. 

Mom to one amazing little girl (32 months now!), 3 cats and 2 dogs. Wife to my hardworking hubby of 4 years. belly.gif again after 2 losses.  fly-by-nursing1.gifcd.gif  familybed1.gif

#20 of 30 Old 11-30-2010, 05:34 AM

I'm 7w/2d and no morning sickness, or any symptoms really (other than fatigue). It has me a bit worried since this is my first pregnancy and it kind of doesn't seem real yet.

#21 of 30 Old 12-02-2010, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Finally!! 6 weeks 6 days.  I am elated!  I feel so much better about this pregnancy now.  If it were my first pregnancy, I would not be concerned about not having morning sickness - my mother never did.  Some women just luck out.  I was only so concerned because with my history, I know my chances of the baby making it are much better with me throwing up!

Psalm 139     Married 18 years to my love, momma to DD 16, brokenheart.gif 1998, DS 10, DS 7, brokenheart.gif 1/2011
Praying for Peace over our loss.
#22 of 30 Old 12-02-2010, 05:35 PM

Mine started at 4 weeks. Same thing last time too, and it went until 4 or 5 months. Ugh. Which is why I have been frantically stocking our freezer so that dh and dd won't starve. lol

SAHM to my toddler E 1/09, surviving HG for a surprise new bean due 7/11
#23 of 30 Old 12-02-2010, 09:05 PM

I'm just nauseous a lot. That was my first real signal to take the test. With my 2 sons, I was nauseous, but only threw up a couple of times. With my dd, I threw up daily for months. I think that started at 7 or 8 weeks whereas the nausea has been about 5 weeks every time. I guess I'm still holding out to see how bad it gets this time.

#24 of 30 Old 12-02-2010, 11:26 PM

My nausea began at exactly 6 weeks this time. I feel like crap most of the time if I am not actively eating carbs. With DS1 it was my first sign or pregnancy and lasted through most of the first trimester and with DS2 I remember having m/s twice. So, I don't have any predictions about how this will go...

Wifey buddamomimg1.png to DH jammin.gif, Mama chicken3.gif to DS 8, DS 6, DD 1

homeschool.gif   lactivist.gif    h20homebirth.gif    goorganic.jpg

#25 of 30 Old 12-03-2010, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia's mama View Post

P.S... no throwing up with me though... just dry retching. Yay

That "yay" made me giggle. You sound like me!  I have been dry heaving now and then.. my issue is coffee.  I have had m/s wtih every pregnancy, it was the worst with DD.  This time around it started at 6 weeks but only when I looked at coffee.  I can smell it (with my eyes closed) and drink it but I can't look at the grounds or the beans. weird.  But now at 8 weeks.. nothing. I am a little concerned but not freaking out yet. 

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#26 of 30 Old 12-03-2010, 04:38 AM

With DS1 I was throwing up before I even got a + test.  But after that I only threw up one more time after that in the pregnancy.  I had a lot of aversions/cravings that lasted the entire pregnancy.

DS2 was pretty mild, never threw up.  Was just a queasy type of feeling, but it passed pretty quickly.

This time it hit at 6 weeks, and while I haven't thrown up I feel sick all day long.  Nothing sounds good to eat, I have to choke down meals.  I think I'll be throwing up before its over, I was pretty close last night.

My heart goes out to everyone that is throwing up everyday..I don't know how you do it!  Although lately I've been kind of wishing to puke, so then maybe I'd feel better afterward...is that sick or what?!

Hayley, exclusively pumping (eliminating dairy and soy) 2 years now! Proud mommy to:Owyn 2/8/03 and Dominic 10/16/08 (GERD, SPD, pediatric feeding disorder, eczema) # 3 EDD 07/13/11
#27 of 30 Old 12-05-2010, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm also 7w1d with no morning sickness to speak of, and feeling a lot of trepidation about it. I had a miscarriage at 5 1/2 weeks before, with a pregnancy that also had no morning sickness. Then when I was pregnant with DD it was very clear, even before the 5 1/2 week point. Some clear signs that this is "real" would be welcome!

#28 of 30 Old 12-06-2010, 10:51 AM

Count me in for barfing... just about all day today. Super excited!! puke.gif

But really, is it weird that I am so happy about it?? lol.gif

#29 of 30 Old 12-06-2010, 12:12 PM

The longer my m/s takes and it has been going for 2 weeks straight the less excited I get about it. It is so hard to cook and make meals for the kids, to pretend all is well at work and to eat healthy food. It is taking it's emotional toll as well KWIM?

Barbara, Mama to Isabel (06/2004), Jake (08/2006-03/2007), Noah (01/2008), and Matteo (07/2011) 
Please always research the safety of vaccines even if your doctor tells you they are harmless! novaxnocirc.gif

#30 of 30 Old 12-07-2010, 07:33 AM

With DS, I started feeling low-level, all-day nausea at about 4 1/2 weeks, plus really sore BBs. I had a cold during the 2WW, so symptoms may have been earlier. With this pregnancy, I had NO symptoms...at all. I was getting really nervous, and was hoping for something!

On Sunday (6w2d), I started getting some nausea, and was tired (like knocked out tired) at 6:00pm. Yesterday (6w3d), I came into work, feeling fine. About an hour in, I was on my way to a meeting with some coworkers, and I had to stop and sit on the steps. Someone asked me what was wrong, and I said, "Im either going to throw up, or pass out." Well, they told me to go back to my office, then left (nice). I dropped my stuff off in my office and stumbled to the bathroom. Once I got there, I realized I didnt have to throw up, but thought I might have to "go #2" so I sat down. I was really dizzy and lightheaded...then I blacked out for about 2 minutes. I didn't fully pass out, I could still hear, just couldn't see. Once I came to, I went back to my office and laid on the floor for about a half hour before calling DH (who works across the street) to come get me. I slept for the rest of the afternoon on a couch in his office. Everytime I got up, I got dizzy, lightheaded, and nauseous. No cramps (fortunately...or I would have been freaking out), but my upper stomach was sore, like I'd been throwing up for hours.

This morning, I've been trying to take it easy, because I feel like I have no other option. It's like living on the verge of either throwing up or passing out. I'd rather throw up to get it out! But not all day....I can't imagine and am so sympathetic for those of you who are! 

But, yay! Because at least I feel like my body is working to sustain this pregnancy. praying.gif I'll feel much better after I go to the doc next week, though.

Wife to a wonderful man since June '04, mommy to a beautiful 3 year old son and 1 year old daughter.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page