Weekly Chat Thread 11/29-12/5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 33 Old 11-29-2010, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Here is this weeks thread!

Partner  partners.gif(10 years) Mother to Lily hearts.gif (4 years), Jonas babyboy.gif (1.5 years),  1 dog , and 1 cat 

#2 of 33 Old 11-29-2010, 07:01 AM

WOOHOO new thread! :)

How is everyone doing this week? Today is my first doctor's appointment for the pregnancy, so I'm nervous and excited. Of course I'm sure all we'll do is chat a bit and due some bloodwork, but I'm still excited. I think it will seem more real once my doctor actually acknowledges that yes, I'm pregnant!

5w 6d today. Still no nausea (very thankful for that) but pretty constant heartburn.

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#3 of 33 Old 11-29-2010, 07:43 AM

Thank you for starting the new thread smile.gif

Not much to report here. We had a nice, relaxing Thanksgiving. I'm still sick but got a few days of reprieve and then it came back full force. My midwife appointment is on the 7th, I'll be 10 weeks, 3 days. I can't remember when we heard DD's heartbeat the first time, I'm wondering if we'll be able to hear it then. If we can I think we're going to take a video of it and then send it to family saying we'd like them to "meet our newest family member" or something along those lines. 

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#4 of 33 Old 11-29-2010, 07:49 AM

I looked back at my old due date club to see when we heard DD's heartbeat and realized that I didn't even have my first appointment until 14 weeks bigeyes.gif So there goes using that for a comparison. With DS we didn't try until 12 weeks. 

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#5 of 33 Old 11-29-2010, 12:42 PM

I remember hearing DS around 12 weeks and DD around 13 - but I have a retroverted uterus and sometimes its a little harder to pick up the heartbeat in the early weeks.

How was everyone's holiday?  Ours was okay... about 1/5 the people who said they were coming totally blew us off so I was a bit irritated.  I would have made A LOT less food if I had know they were not coming.  How rude!!!

The house is decorated for Hanukkah (which starts Wednesday night) and I have to prepare for our holiday party on Saturday.  My nephew's waldorf school is having a craft fair this weekend and I am really looking forward to it.  I am thinking about applying there for DS and want to check it out.  It is (drumroll, please) $9,000 for two 3-hour days a week!  I know we can't afford it, but might be able to get some help from the inlaws.     

I can't get rid of this smiley. Somehow it got put on the right of my cursor and now won't leave me alone. Begone!! bigeyes.gif

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#6 of 33 Old 11-30-2010, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Soooo tired.  I was actually really productive yesterday and today and got all of my work done.  Now I'm exhausted. I usually try not to let DD watch very much TV but right now I just need to sit for awhile so I thought I would see if she liked the Futurerama movies.  She seems interested and is also playing quietly pinktongue.gif.  Tomorrow I might take a nap!  

Today I was walking in our house and I "felt" pregnant.  I'm really excited for my first midwife appointment even though the first one we mostly just do paperwork and such--it's on Monday.

Partner  partners.gif(10 years) Mother to Lily hearts.gif (4 years), Jonas babyboy.gif (1.5 years),  1 dog , and 1 cat 

#7 of 33 Old 11-30-2010, 04:09 PM

I have my first midwife appt on Thursday.

I'm about 9 weeks and still exhausted. I had off Sunday (rare for me, I usually work 12 hours every Sun) and I slept till 10. Napped from 12-2, napped again from 5-6 and was in bed by 9.

I promised myself I would enjoy every second of it if I got pregnant again - and now that I am, well, this part stinks! You would think napping all day would be divine, but I've got things to do! I still have a lot of sewing for the holidays - and baking. And oh yeah, my kids and husband and the house :/ I'm looking forward to not wanting to sleep all.day. I'm trying to embrace it, remembering that soon enough I'll be begging for sleep, but oh my - it's hard.

And, seriously - I look like most people do at 4-5 months. I always carry big, but I'm afraid this ones going to be a whopper. I'm very clearly showing now and trying to hide it 'cause I don't want to 'come out' at work till after the Holidays!

Crystal

mom to two boys (9/19/98) (8/24/03) and soon to be # 3 (7/2/11)

#8 of 33 Old 11-30-2010, 04:32 PM

I'm seriously considering just checking in with my OBGYN because I don't even have a midwife picked out yet.  I have interviews set up for Dec 7th but I think it can hold off till then.  I don't plan on doing an early dating US anyway so I guess it's not a big deal.  I'm considering shadow care because my insurance won't cover a home birth (BOO).  I've been checking in on some of the other threads and might apply for a distance waiver because there are no midwives w/in 35+ miles of me. 

Thanksgiving was good but I've been a little more "reactive" to things lately.  It seems like the smallest things are irritating to me.  My SIL keeps asking me if we are "going to have a baby" and not wanting to tell until Christmas we keep skirting around it saying "someday."  I'll only be 9 weeks at Christmas but feel it will be ok to tell at least the family then.

I've been napping quite a bit too.  Work has been slow for me the last couple of days so I have had some extra time off (I work for myself) which has been kind of nice. 

I've had next to no nausea and I hope it stays that waypraying.gif      I've been eat.gif like a horse which is odd for me and can't seem to take in enough fluids no matter how hard I try.  Seems like I'm drinking all the time but not peeing all that much for the amount of fluid I take in. 

I started yoga this morning namaste.gif which is a lot harder on parts of my body than I thought it would be.  I'm still recovering from the broken ribs and tail bone so that makes most exercises challenging.  Walked on the treadmill and even that was a bit painful in my ribs so I let my body tell me when it's been enough.  I want to heal before the baby starts getting bigger and moving up under my ribs. 

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#9 of 33 Old 11-30-2010, 09:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

am in beirut this week, far from farm and far from dh...whistling.gif...i hoped that nausea will get a little better when i get out of the house life, but not really uhoh3.gif..i have to study and do many things but i am so tired and can't eat anything. disappointed.gif....just can't imagine some ladies go without nausea through this stage. it was always hard with my prev pgs and it is hard now....sulkoff.gif

Katie, farmer's wife belly.gifmom to ds (9y) modifiedartist.gifand dd (6y)dust.gif and ds (3y) jog.gif   we goorganic.jpg    saynovax.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif 
#10 of 33 Old 12-01-2010, 06:43 AM

Ah.....I've discovered that a toasted whole wheat everything bagel with cream cheese is what gets rid of my wicked nausea.   I'm supposed to be getting stuff done while DS is at nursery school, but all I want to do is sleep.

I do need to work on getting my ultrascreen scheduled.  My insurance sucks this time around so I can't go where I went last time.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#11 of 33 Old 12-01-2010, 10:17 AM

Hi Ladies, just wanted to join in for a minute.  Crazy week here.  I have my first appointment on Friday, at 8 weeks 1 day.  This pregnancy doesn't quite feel real, so far just feeling sort of tired, maybe a little nauseated here and there.   I had a missed miscarriage a couple years ago, so I'm wondering if this is the same thing.  It is hard to wait until Friday.  In the meantime, I started testing my blood sugar levels last week (I had gestational diabetes with previous pregnancies).  Unfortunately my fasting levels were high, so I talked to my ob and went in for the evil 3-hour GTT test this morning, yuck!  I'm feeling pretty depressed, because I suspect I have prediabetes and maybe have for a while.  It sucks, because I exercise and my weight is normal and there's no history of diabetes in my family, but it looks like I'm on my way to type 2. 

Anyway....sorry to be a downer!  I haven't told any friends or family about this pregnancy, so I have no one to talk to! Looking forward to seeing a tiny heartbeat on Friday, that will make everything better. 

lady.gif mama to H. 4/05 and A. 9/08 and baby C. 10/11

#12 of 33 Old 12-02-2010, 11:03 AM

Is anyone else in survival mode at this point? I was doing so well up until last week exercising on a regular basis and eating well. Now that the nausea has kicked in fully, I'm in total survival mode. Last night for dinner I had a handful of seasoned fries, a cup of chocolate milk and then I begged DH to go to the store and buy me clementine Izze's. I drank one in about 30 seconds and promptly went to bed. uhoh3.gif I tried to go to the gym the other night even though I was feeling like I was about to throw up because I told myself that exercising would make me feel better. Boy was I wrong! I haven't thrown up yet but sometimes I wish I would because I think I would feel better!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#13 of 33 Old 12-02-2010, 11:22 AM

I'm sick, and I'm tired. I'm having a hard time keeping up with my little ones. All I got to say is I miss the good ol days when I was pregnant with my 1st and 2nd child and I could kick back and relax when I started feeling bad. Even when I was pregnant with my 3rd I was able to squeeze in the R&R time. Now, I am ran ragged, and with DH at the base all day every day and having to spend the night there every few days, I really don't know how I'm gonna do this. I know the nausea and exhaustion will let up a little bit, just in time for the pubic symphasis to kick in. I was hardly able to walk towards the end of my last pregnancy due to PSD and it supposedly gets worse with every pregnancy. So far thats been true. Maybe I have those polio crutches in my future.

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

#14 of 33 Old 12-02-2010, 12:04 PM

Hugs, Valerie.  I am having a hard time just keeping my head above water over here, too.  I truly can't believe how crappy I feel and quite honestly, it is turning me into a bit of a monster.  I am so so so trying to be 'okay' and it is just not working.  Physically, emotionally and psychologically spent.  That's why I haven't been posting much lately - I am just too cranky to be positive and all I want to do is have a pity party for myself.  And the only guests will be me, cheese, peppermint ice cream and my heating pad.

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#15 of 33 Old 12-02-2010, 12:19 PM

Don't worry, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I'll be 10 weeks on Saturday and just this week I've noticed a big difference. I'm not dragging my butt as much, I still feel nauseous but I'm not throwing up like I was. I think the biggest difference is just having more energy. 

#16 of 33 Old 12-02-2010, 12:25 PM

Joining everyone in the feeling crappy boat.  I'm at work right now and I've comtimplated going home oh, about a million times.  But we need the money so I'm stuck.  I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired!  I can't believe I have to go through this for WEEKS or months! What am I going to do! I didn't get sick this bad with my boys...maybe its a girl..lol.

Oh, and Valerie I'm right there with you with the PSD as well...I had that with my second and I'm praying to GOD that I don't get it again.  Although I'm sure I will and it will be worse.  I couldn't walk at the end, what are these crutches you speak of? I'm seriously wondering about a wheelchair...boy I'd love to see how much I gain if I get one of those!

Hayley, exclusively pumping (eliminating dairy and soy) 2 years now! Proud mommy to:Owyn 2/8/03 and Dominic 10/16/08 (GERD, SPD, pediatric feeding disorder, eczema) # 3 EDD 07/13/11
#17 of 33 Old 12-02-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Katie~ View Post

Don't worry, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I'll be 10 weeks on Saturday and just this week I've noticed a big difference. I'm not dragging my butt as much, I still feel nauseous but I'm not throwing up like I was. I think the biggest difference is just having more energy. 

Bless you Katie! I will hit 10 weeks the week of Christmas and I just can't fathom feeling like this with my kids home and wanting to do fun Christmas activities. I was just looking at the calendar thinking "I have to feel better by the time I hit 10 weeks, right?"

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#18 of 33 Old 12-02-2010, 01:02 PM

There were honestly times where I thought I was going to die because I felt so horrible, and literally wasn't getting up out of the recliner all day long. I still don't feel 100% and by the end of the day I just want to drop into bed but I've been able to do a little bit more every day. I think the hormones are still fluctuating at this point but if I'm able to have good days and bad days at least that's something I guess. 

#19 of 33 Old 12-03-2010, 06:42 AM

So, I'm having a really hard time planning meals and grocery shopping.  I do my shopping on Saturday and I plan out the meals for the week before I go..I'm trying to do my list now and struggling big time as NOTHING sounds good for dinners.  And I'm sure even if they did right now, by the time I need to cook it I'll be gagging over it!  It seems with this pregnancy my tastes are very specific and very brief.  For example, the only thing I want to eat right now is a baked potato and salad from Olive Garden.  Those are the only two things that I'm craving!  Yesterday I was all about fast food, now the thought makes me want to hurl.  Maybe I'll just have to go to the store every day to get that nights dinner! lol.

My follow up u/s is Monday.  I'm nervous, but I'm hopeful that the baby will be okay (I measured about 8-9 days behind, but there was a heartbeat.  I probably just ovulated later than I thought). I should be 7.5 weeks when I go in...cross your fingers for me!

Hayley, exclusively pumping (eliminating dairy and soy) 2 years now! Proud mommy to:Owyn 2/8/03 and Dominic 10/16/08 (GERD, SPD, pediatric feeding disorder, eczema) # 3 EDD 07/13/11
#20 of 33 Old 12-03-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom&O View Post

So, I'm having a really hard time planning meals and grocery shopping.  I do my shopping on Saturday and I plan out the meals for the week before I go..I'm trying to do my list now and struggling big time as NOTHING sounds good for dinners.  And I'm sure even if they did right now, by the time I need to cook it I'll be gagging over it!  It seems with this pregnancy my tastes are very specific and very brief.  For example, the only thing I want to eat right now is a baked potato and salad from Olive Garden.  Those are the only two things that I'm craving!  Yesterday I was all about fast food, now the thought makes me want to hurl.  Maybe I'll just have to go to the store every day to get that nights dinner! lol.

My follow up u/s is Monday.  I'm nervous, but I'm hopeful that the baby will be okay (I measured about 8-9 days behind, but there was a heartbeat.  I probably just ovulated later than I thought). I should be 7.5 weeks when I go in...cross your fingers for me!

Shopping daily might work but it may not. Over the weekend, I came up with what I thought was a good idea for dinner. I sent DH to the store and by the time he got back and I made it, I could barely choke it down! So crazy! It seems to be that right now, if I have to wait longer than 10 mins or so after something sounds good, then there's a big chance that it won't sound good any longer.

#21 of 33 Old 12-03-2010, 11:08 AM

I hear you, Annie.  By the time I finished my lunch today, the lingering smell of it made me gag.  There is just no sense to these things.  I hope you're feeling better soon.

Mom to DS (3) and a new baby!  Geeked to be married to my love love.gif

#22 of 33 Old 12-03-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom&O View Post

I totally feel you. I ended up trying to guess on what would sound okay for the week for me, and got things for easy meals for LO and dh. I have never bought so many prepared meal items in one shopping trip before in my life. Dh is going to be eating a lot of sandwiches for a little while...

Crossing fingers for you too!

SAHM to my toddler E 1/09, surviving HG for a surprise new bean due 7/11
#23 of 33 Old 12-03-2010, 01:39 PM

Hayley, I'm always the same way during the 1st tri.  I'm not throwing up, none at all this time, normally I am at least a few times a week though.  But I always just feel kind of yucky and have the hardest time eating and meal planning and cooking.  It's been tough, but I'm trying so hard to hold it together this time.  I'm doing better than I usually do, but I've still been buying too much prepared food.  

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#24 of 33 Old 12-03-2010, 02:32 PM

Dom&O , I have my fingers crossed for you!

In the middle of making french onion soup, so I don't have much time to post..

I have a doctor appointment on Monday, Im hoping all will be well! I imagine we'll go over the bloodwork and sugar test that I had 3 weeks ago and probably schedule more bloodwork or another u/s. Ill be pretty upset if something is wrong and they didnt call me about it, but im trying to stay positive and not think about all the things that could go wrong.

Im starting to move from the nauseous mode to throwing up mode :( it was the same way last time around, no fun at all!

We're in the process of interview doula's, I hope we find one that's perfect for us.

Tomorrow im 10 weeks! yay!!!

Serena - married to Jason, mom to Sebastian (b.12.22.2008) and Poppy (b.07.07.2011) ♥

#25 of 33 Old 12-03-2010, 03:19 PM

All I want to eat is buttered greens and salami. That's it. Pretty boring, right?

Sarah, Mom to Theo (8/06), Penny (1/08) and Felix 10/30) #4 due 07/11
#26 of 33 Old 12-03-2010, 10:10 PM

serenityjewell: I'm not much better. All I want to eat is red meat. Baked potatoes will tide me over until I can get my hands on red meat, but that is all I really want.

I'm getting a big order of grass fed, grass finished, hormone free beef on Tuesday. I hope this red meat thing sticks around, because after Tuesday I'll be all set! It would just be my luck though if Tuesday came around and all of the sudden red meat started making me nauseous.

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

#27 of 33 Old 12-04-2010, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingSky View Post

serenityjewell: I'm not much better. All I want to eat is red meat. Baked potatoes will tide me over until I can get my hands on red meat, but that is all I really want.

I'm getting a big order of grass fed, grass finished, hormone free beef on Tuesday. I hope this red meat thing sticks around, because after Tuesday I'll be all set! It would just be my luck though if Tuesday came around and all of the sudden red meat started making me nauseous.

Great minds think alike! im picking up our meat from the farm today! we order once a month, its all organic pasture raised chicken, duck, pork and beef and all heritage breeds! They also have a smokehouse where they use no nitrates! love it!  I have soup bones and ox tail coming for bone broth, a couple chickens, beef, smoked pork and other good stuff :)

Serena - married to Jason, mom to Sebastian (b.12.22.2008) and Poppy (b.07.07.2011) ♥

#28 of 33 Old 12-04-2010, 05:59 AM

heavensearth: Mmmm I need a good source of organic grass finished pork! We raise our own ducks and chicken so we're covered there :) I wish you were a bit closer!

#29 of 33 Old 12-05-2010, 09:36 AM

I had my appt Friday and everything looks perfect, which is a relief! It's been 8 years since my last pregnancy and well, I was a little worried about everything being good and healthy. I was 10 weeks as of yesterday. Still a lot of nausea and fatigue, but I'm thinking that should be tapering off very soon (I hope! I have lots of presents and baking to do!)

I'm having issues with my oldest sons father (he insists I agreed that he could take our son to N Carolina the day after Christmas for the rest of his break and I KNOW that I didn't). Our son is 12 and so I let him make the choice and he chose to go. Makes me sad, especially since I'm also on vacation that week. I just found all this out Friday. I'm livid and just wrote him a really long e-mail explaining what was going to happen, why I was angry and how our son is NOT going there over the summer (he usually goes for 2 weeks every summer). His dad lives here (NY) it's his paternal grandparents that live there. It's our last Christmas with just the 4 of us, I mean, I'm excited about the baby but my kids are 12 and 7 and there are things that we planned on doing this year that we won't be able to all together next year and it's our last one as we are. Maybe that's stupid to be upset about, but I am.

I'm having a hard time sleeping at night. I thought it was because of the napping, but I skipped it yesterday (and felt tired and cranky all day!) but still woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep until going on 6 (I work at 9am on Sundays). It's been happening a lot, either I can't fall asleep or I wake up in the middle of the night and toss and turn for hours. Hopefully that ends soon. I don't have many more months of sleeping through the night!

Crystal

mom to two boys (9/19/98) (8/24/03) and soon to be # 3 (7/2/11)

#30 of 33 Old 12-05-2010, 09:54 AM

gardenofsimple-  It sucks having last minute changes like that, esp when you're pregnant & it's holiday related.  Maybe for the future, you need to insist that any & all changes be in writing, even if it's by e-mail...so you can keep track of things & have a record.  I'm having trouble sleeping no matter what I do.  Can't fall asleep at night, having trouble napping.  It's strange but I feel less like sleeping when I don't feel well even though I need the sleep.  If  I don't get enough sleep I end up having these horrible hormonally-driven rages at night.

I am so swamped with laundry & chores.  DH has been helping a little on the weekends, but I am so behind.  I really need a mother's helper for a few hours, unfortunately my high school age home schooled helper went to college this year.  When I get overwhelmed like this I miss my Mom & start my little pity party about how I have no support network. 

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page