If you are 6 weeks or there about, how do you feel? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 12-06-2010, 05:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm 6w2d today. I've been sick with a cold for week so was feeling pretty bad from that but don't think I had any real pregnancy symptoms. Yesterday, I thought I might be feeling nauseous. I didn't have much desire to eat anything and when I did eat, it wasn't much. That could have been from the cold, too.

This morning I woke up and I feel fine. My cold is pretty much gone. The thing is that I don't feel pregnant, either. I feel like there's nothing down there. I don't know if I can explain. It feels light and small. I guess I thought by now I would start to get that full, heavy feeling of having something extra in my uterus. I went to bed last night with a sense that I was no longer pregnant, the baby was gone. I dreamed that I miscarried at 6w2d. It was a weird dream, maybe like a dream inside a dream, like I woke up from the dream but I was still dreaming, if that makes any sense. And now I'm very hungry. My stomach is grumbling.

I have an u/s tomorrow because of my history, 7 miscarriages. I had one last week at 5w3d and we actually saw the heartbeat at a rate of 127 bmp. I was shocked. I hope I'm just being paranoid but it's hard for me to think these feelings are nothing. With my first miscarriage, I had a dream the night before that I was bleeding profusely. With the later miscarriage I had last year I knew something was wrong so I called my doc and demanded an u/s. Sure enough, there was no heartbeat.

So back to my original question, if you are around 6w, do you feel pregnant apart from any morning sickness that you may have? I mean, do you feel like your uterus is larger or heavier or your pelvic region feels full?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#2 of 32 Old 12-06-2010, 05:53 AM

I'm about 8 weeks (6w from conception)...and also have a cold!  HUGS to you!

Personally, except for the fact my boobs have been in PAIN for the past 3 weeks and I've started having nausea several times per day...I suppose I would say I don't feel much in the way that makes me think..."I'm having a baby!"

Now, I will say that my blue jeans are VERY uncomfortable when driving, and I keep readjusting the seatbelt--lap part--to try and find a comfortable position.

This is my first baby...and I've only told two people IRL...and of course, this board...so please forgive me if this sounds all jumbled as this is my first baby.

Mrs B

#3 of 32 Old 12-06-2010, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter

My breasts have been sore but this morning, nothing. They feel fine.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#4 of 32 Old 12-06-2010, 06:18 AM

I had the same thing yesterday.  After 2-3 weeks of PAINFUL boobs in the evening (as in "touch them I HIT you!"), last night they were just fine.

This morning (sorry for the TMI), they are fine.  However, I just applied pressure, and they yelled at me!  So, I have no idea!  :-)

Mrs B

#5 of 32 Old 12-06-2010, 06:25 AM

MarineWife: I am 6w6d today. This is my first pregnancy, so I don't have a lot to compare to, but, I wouldn't say that I feel particularly "pregnant". No morning sickness, my boobs are a bit tender but I wouldn't call them sore. I have had some heartburn. I get exhausted easily, and I feel a bit bloated - kind of like I would normally feel right before AF arrives, except I've been bloated now for a few weeks. That's about it. If not for the positive pregnancy tests (and I've taken a LOT of them!) I certainly wouldn't look at my symptoms and think - hey, I'm pregnant.

I'm trying not to stress about the lack of symptoms and just consider myself lucky not to be puking :)

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#6 of 32 Old 12-06-2010, 06:34 AM

LivingSky,

VERY VERY Good point!  While I've had "nausea"...NOTHING has actually come UP!  And I am VERY thankful for that!

Mrs B

#7 of 32 Old 12-06-2010, 09:41 AM

Im about 9 weeks and I am sooo tired. I could just sleep for days. Ive also been hungry and have very little morning sickness which is weird because I had hyperemesis with my other 2 kids. Also nursing is KILLING me. It is sooo painful.

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#8 of 32 Old 12-06-2010, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow, but I can reflect on this past week.  Around 6w, I started to get some pretty strong waves of nausea, but felt fine most of the day.  By the next couple days, I felt more nauseated than not, and these past few days, I have been feeling close to puking (but haven't).  I'm hungry, and when I do eat, I can eat decent amounts (yesterday for lunch I had like half a baked potatoe, 3 chicken nuggets, and a plain hamburger (the kids meal size), which is a lot for someone who feels this gross, I think), but a lot of the time, getting myself to eat in the first place is a struggle because I really don't want to puke, I guess.

I've taken a nap these past few days, too.

BUT other than nausea and some fatigue, my body does not feel different.  I don't even have breast sensitivity and I'm nursing, so I'm sure I'd notice it if I did.  My uterus is unnoticeable, my pelvic region feels the same as usual, too.

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)
#9 of 32 Old 12-06-2010, 10:43 AM

I'm 7w 1d and I'm nauseated very often, have thrown up several times but not as badly as with my other 3 kids...is this one maybe a girl? Dare I hope? wink1.gif and I'm FREEZING all the time!!!

Very tired and don't often get chance to nap in the daytime but have been going to bed around 2130 which is VERY early for me.

Did I mention I'm freezing? Anyone else finding that they are abnormally cold???

Married to my high school sweetheart (15years), Mamma to 3 boyspeace.gif (2000), whistling.gif(2003), blahblah.gif (2007) and growing a new little one stork-suprise.gif due late July 2011. 
#10 of 32 Old 12-06-2010, 11:09 AM

mumofmak,

I'm almost the opposite.  I'm usually VERY cold natured...even in the summer.  

But lately, when I've been shopping, I've had to take my coat off in stores...very unusuall for me.

And right now...all I can think about is a CUPCAKE!

Mrs B

#11 of 32 Old 12-06-2010, 11:34 AM

I think I started with a feeling of something in my uterus, like I felt pregnant very early but now that feeling is gone and the bloating is gone for the most part. In fact, that was my first clue. It went away about a week ago. I'm 6 weeks, 1 day today and my nausea is sort of kicking in here and there. I actually feel pretty yucky right now and vomited for the first time this afternoon just thinking about cleaning the toilet puke.gif

I don't think it's abnormal for feelings to come and go around this stage. Our bodies are adjusting to surging hormones and in some cases, getting used to the feeling. Maybe our bellies felt "pregnant" in the very beginning because of implantation, etc. and once things sort of settled down it went away.

Tracy, mama to Mia Elizabethhearts.gif10~4~06 and Baby Ava Elise baby.gif 8~6~11

#12 of 32 Old 12-06-2010, 11:39 AM

I'm 6w3d and I actually POAS the other day just to make sure I'm not hallucinating this pregnancy.  Even though I had 3 pos home tests then a pos blood test, I feel nothing.  No nausea, a little tired (easily explained by a 15month old) is all. Oh and I ate Mexican food for a week straight, now I want curry  every day.  But other than that, I've got nada.  I'm actually hoping for alittle something here soon.  Maybe since my first OB appt is next week, then it'll feel more real.

Jenica- Wife to R & mama to C 8/27/09, my little blonde bombshell and D 7/23/11, whom we love so much we gave him an extra chromosome      cd.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIF

#13 of 32 Old 12-06-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumofmak View Post

I'm 7w 1d and I'm nauseated very often, have thrown up several times but not as badly as with my other 3 kids...is this one maybe a girl? Dare I hope? wink1.gif and I'm FREEZING all the time!!!

Very tired and don't often get chance to nap in the daytime but have been going to bed around 2130 which is VERY early for me.

Did I mention I'm freezing? Anyone else finding that they are abnormally cold???

Me!  So cold!  It doesn't help that something is wrong with our thermostat and the heater won't stay on for more than a couple minutes at a time, but I'm definitely colder than my husband and needing to be bundled up all the time.

#14 of 32 Old 12-06-2010, 11:54 AM

I'm 6w1d today and I do feel something in my uterus.  I can feel it when I lay on my back too long, and I feel it a bit as I walk around.  I can also see it, even when I suck-in my stomach is protruding a little bit.  This is my second pregnancy.

However, I have minimal nausea which sometimes concerns me.  I do have MUCH larger breasts (of course I started with nothing so any change is a big deal), which is noticeable.  

I hope that you get great news tomorrow!

Semi-crunchy Momma to a 4 year old girl and a baby girl born in July of 2011.

#15 of 32 Old 12-06-2010, 12:53 PM

I'm 7w now and have been feeling undeniably pregnant for the last week. Serious nausea, cravings, major fatigue and smell sensitivity. >.<  I was crampier earlier on, now it seems to have let up a bit.  But omg the nausea + fatigue... I just want to spend the next month in bed.

Charlotte, mommy to Maggie (July 15th 2008) and Una (July 19th 2011)!
#16 of 32 Old 12-06-2010, 01:11 PM

I'm FREEZING too!!  So weird!  I feel like I'm always hungry, cold and tired.  Not fun.

MarineWife, I'm 6w2d today too and I have felt that full feeling in my lower abd, but it comes and goes.  No real nausea yet, occ I'll feel queasy, like when I have to eat I have to eat NOW.  My biggest symptom is just plain exhaustion.  And my breasts hurt so badly it makes me wince.  Good luck at your US tomorrow!

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
#17 of 32 Old 12-06-2010, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

I've been freezing but the temp has dropped dramatically here. Just a week ago it was 74 F but over the weekend we had a winter weather advisory with freezing temps. I slept for a couple of hours this afternoon and still feel like I could sleep some more. I'm not sure if that's pg related or because I'm freaking out. I tend to shut down when things get too stressful for me. I'm hungry but don't have the energy or desire to get up and get something to eat.

My breasts do feel sore again. I wonder if it's from wearing a bra and that's why they don't hurt first thing in the morning.

#18 of 32 Old 12-06-2010, 01:32 PM

I am almost 10 weeks now, and I'm just starting to feel pregnant. At six weeks, I definitely did NOT feel pregnant. In fact, while I have symptoms now, I still feel pretty good! I didn't really "beleive" I was pregnant until I heard the heartbeat for the first time last week. My midwife said it sounded nice and strong. If I were you, I'd focus on the fact that you heard the heartbeat. The risk of mc drops significantly once a heartbeat is detected. Wishing you peace!

Metis, partner to a peaceful soul, mothering DD born July '11

#19 of 32 Old 12-06-2010, 09:39 PM

I'm 6w4d and don't feel pregnant at all.  I mean I'm bloated and feel fat, my boobs have gotten a bit bigger (the tenderness comes and goes) my armpit is a little swollen and I get a little crampy once in a while but other than that I got nadda.  I'm trying not to freak out about it (it's my first) and I don't have an appt for a u/s until 12/15 so the waiting continues.

I keep asking myself "are you sure you're pregnant"  It just doesn't seem real. 

Sending good vibes your way for tomorrow!!!!

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#20 of 32 Old 12-07-2010, 04:29 AM - Thread Starter

I don't feel bloated. If anything, I feel like my belly has become unbloated. I've gained 1 lb but that doesn't mean anything. My weight fluctuates by a couple of pounds from week to week anyway. I had another night of not having to get up to go to the bathroom several times. I'll know this afternoon.

#21 of 32 Old 12-07-2010, 05:23 AM

Good luck, MW.  I'll be thinking about you today.

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
#22 of 32 Old 12-07-2010, 05:40 AM

yeahthat.gif  I hope the u/s is reassuring, and that your dream was just that. 

Mom to DS (3) and a new baby!  Geeked to be married to my love love.gif

#23 of 32 Old 12-07-2010, 09:33 AM

I'm 6 weeks 5 days. Aside from the vomiting all day and night letting me know I am pregnant, there's the sore boobs. I almost cry every night when I take off my bra and the girls flop out. orngbiggrin.gif And pants are killing me. I hate to have pants touching my tender belly, so I am wearing them really low.

SAHM to my toddler E 1/09, surviving HG for a surprise new bean due 7/11
#24 of 32 Old 12-07-2010, 10:08 AM

I am 6w 2d and I sometimes feel nauseous.  Last week, while driving 16 hours in a small car with 2 kids and my DH driving a 24ft truck behind us through crazy ATL traffic, etc, I felt funny but other than that, I have been fine.  I could feel my abdomen muscles tensing and so had to shift around a bunch.  Also with moving, I couldn't lift much after being in the car that long the day before.  It just worried me, but all is fine.

I just talked with a MW this morning.  She is sending me papers to look at but we are too far away for her to be here to deliver the baby.  So, we will probably have a U/C with good prenatal & postpartum care.  DH says that is fine.  If I get the paperwork this weekend, I guess it will be a few weeks before I see her.  She's 70 miles away.

Some foods irritate my stomach and I noticed that my blood sugar drops quickly.  My belly is larger than normal, but no one has asked anything.  I use a Bella Band but don't have to unsnap my jeans.  I did buy maternity tank tops from Motherhood the other day just for comfort.  

We've told strangers but very few friends and family know.  Actually only 1 family member knows at all.  I think less than a handful total, so I am glad I'm not showing.

I don't "feel" pregnant sometimes and other times I do.  It's just that point in the pregnancy. 

Lisa (39), DH (51), SDS (29), DD (8/29/01), DD (8/22/03), DS (8/3/06), an angel named Xan angel1.gif, who went home on 12/18/10 and now a new bundle of joy due 05/24/13 stork-suprise.gif.

#25 of 32 Old 12-07-2010, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

I had my 2nd u/s today. Baby was still there and still had a heartbeat. The doc said he was happy with the growth. Baby measured 6w4d, so 1 day ahead, and gestational sac was 6w6d. Everything looked perfect.

The heart rate was slower, though, I think. I asked the doc and he said it was fine, a good strong, heartbeat. He wouldn't tell me what it was, though. Last time he gave me a pick with the heart rate on it, 127. This time he didn't. I'm pretty sure I read 116 on the screen.

I'm going to try not to worry since the doc was happy with it. It's a little strange, though, because he was concerned last week that it was a little slow at 127.

#26 of 32 Old 12-07-2010, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

So now I feel bloated and icky. I sure hope that's pg stuff and not just my head messing with me. Maybe all the anxiety I've been feeling was masking any pg symptoms I may have had.

#27 of 32 Old 12-07-2010, 07:06 PM

I'm in my sixth week too. I didn't have any symptoms at all until this week when my breasts got really tender for about 3 or 4 days, but that's pretty much gone away again. I've been tired and taking naps at every opportunity, but that could just be life. I hope I start to feel pregnant soon! I talked to my mom about it and she said she didn't even know she was pregnant with me until she was about 8 weeks. I've heard women tend to have similar pregnancies as their mothers, so maybe I'll start to feel something in a couple weeks.

#28 of 32 Old 12-08-2010, 05:10 AM - Thread Starter

I didn't know I was pg with my 1st until I was 10-12w and that was only after a doc told me I was. The signs were there but I was ignorant. I couldn't rely on my menstrual cycle because it had been pretty nonexistent. My stomach was bloated and my boyfriend kept telling me I was pg but I didn't believe him. I even went to the free clinic 3 times for pregnancy tests. The last time I went they did a blood test, told me it was negative and sent me home with 6 months worth of BCPs. Good thing I didn't take them because I was at least 6 weeks by then. That was over 20 years ago. I wonder how the blood test could be that inaccurate at that far along. Anyway...

I noticed last night that I felt kind of sick again when I went to bed. I've been feeling that way for the last several days. I thought it was anxiety or all the pills I have to take. I've always been very sensitive to vitamins, especially prenatals. I haven't taken a prenatal for 2 days, though, because I got a new brand and it made me very sick and I haven't had a chance to get some more yet. So now I'm wondering if maybe that's a pg symptom. Maybe I'm getting morning sickness at night. I have also been going to bed very early, around 8 pm, even though I can't go to sleep then because my kids are still up. I just feel like I can't keep myself up anymore and have to lay down.

I'm not going to worry about my tummy not feeling big or bloated since baby and sac were both measuring right on time.

#29 of 32 Old 12-09-2010, 01:40 PM

I haven't been able to take a pre-natal pill lately, either.  I do have little folic acid pills I have managed to take, but I feel bad about not being able to stomach the fish oil I had been taking.

#30 of 32 Old 12-09-2010, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

I can never stomach fish oil. I take flaxseed oil instead. You could also try hemp oil. I've got extra folic acid pills that I take. I've also been taking extra vitamin D and iron. Still it's hard sometimes to swallow all those pills. I wasn't able to take any of my bedtime pills last night. That means I missed my metformin and low dose aspirin, 2 things that are critical to me not miscarrying again.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page