First Time Moms-To-Be Club - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 114 Old 03-01-2011, 04:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey everyone!

Well, on to March! I figured I'd bring the old thread back up to the first page so we have our list of due dates again.

How is everyone feeling?

I'm kind of freaking out this morning. This afternoon is our anatomy scan. It's been 7 weeks since our last ultrasound, and while we did hear the heartbeat 4 weeks ago at our last midwife appointment, I'm still unreasonably afraid that today we'll find out something is wrong. It's the first time in the pregnancy that I've felt this paranoid. I hope it's just nerves and not forewarning, kwim? I think part of it is that I really still haven't felt the baby move, and so many other people seem to be feeling theirs move weeks ago.

Okay, enough negative! Today we're going to hopefully find out the sex of the baby. I'm kind of hoping for a girl, only because we already agreed on a girl's name - while I'd LOVE a boy, we can't decide on a name! We're thinking we won't tell anyone else what the sex is though, until after our baby shower(s). We don't want a whole bunch of sex-specific stuff, we'd much rather gender neutral clotes and things.

Anyway, please wish me luck for this afternoon! I could use the good thoughts today!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#62 of 114 Old 03-01-2011, 06:20 AM

I am new here but would love to join the chat.
I'm Danielle and due July 30th.

Living Sky-- What boy/girl names do you have picked? I am feeling the same exact way as you are right now. I maybe felt the baby a handful of times, but I'm not even convinced it was the baby. And on top of that I'm still not really showing. So I have convinced myself that something must be wrong. My anatomy scan isn't until the 14th. I am sending good vibes your way today though, and I'm sure everything is fine. Being overly nervous is part of being a first timer I think, it's our induction into the club of parenthood.

Danielle (29)reading.gif married to my best friend Lou guitar.gif since 9/10/10 stillheart.gif ,mama to Ada Adelleenergy.gif since 8/5/11, and expecting a new addition around 4/19/14 stork-boy.gif
#63 of 114 Old 03-01-2011, 07:23 AM

Good luck today Living Sky! I'm due at the beginning of July, and I felt like you and Yell do a few weeks ago. Now I feel the baby almost every day and I'm definitely showing. A couple of weeks will make a huge difference at this stage. You may also have an anterior placenta, which can make it harder to feel the baby move. You can find that out at your scan this afternoon. I bet everything will go great!

Metis, partner to a peaceful soul, mothering DD born July '11

#64 of 114 Old 03-01-2011, 12:54 PM

Just a note of admiration for you first time moms.....

For the past couple of weeks while trying to digest the news that Mothering magazine is folding, I reflected on how I only accidentally came to discover Mothering about 6 months into my daughter's life (that was 2 years ago--she's my first child).  I luckily have a friend who had recommended Dr. Sears' Baby Book as a reference prior to DD's birth, so I had the AP foundation, but it wasn't until I got my Mothering magazine subscription that a more natural parenting way of life truly took hold--and was validated.  I'm sharing my experience on this thread to commend all your first time moms-to-be on already being so in tune with the parenting and lifestyle principles Mothering magazine--and these forums (which I have always stalked, but only recently joined)--encourage.  I wish I had been here as early as you all are, and I am saddened that Mothering magazine will no longer be a resource for any of us, but especially first-timers.  I just hope google searches will lead more women seeking parenting advice and support to MDC, so they, too, who do not find out about Mothering from a friend, can accidentally come to it like I did.

Mom to D-Dog (4/05), DD (9/08), and expecting a baby boy in July (edd 7/7/11).

#65 of 114 Old 03-02-2011, 03:37 AM - Thread Starter

melinstar: Shows how up to date I am - I had no idea Mothering Magazine was folding. That's too bad greensad.gif Hopefully more and more women do find this board. I certainly don't know what I'd do without it! Someone on another completely unrelated board mentioned MDC when one of the other posters was looking for a midwife in her area - I was about 3 months into TTC at the time, and once I came here, I've never looked back! MDC is like a family.

yell: You've been added to the first post! Welcome!! Sorry you have to wait so long for your anatomy scan - I almost went nuts waiting until now, and I'm only a couple days ahead of you (due on the 26th or 27th, depending on who you ask smile.gif )

Mama Metis: That's what I'm hoping for! I'd like to start feeling movements soon. At my midwife appt when I was 15 weeks she said she was sure I'd start feeling baby by this appointment at 19 weeks, so I'm just getting impatient!! I'm definitely showing, so that does help - of course I was overweight to start with and so I still mostly look fat instead of pregnant.

Anyway! My anatomy scan went well, I was worrying for nothing smile.gif I do indeed have an anterior placenta. I can never remember whether it's anterior or posterior where you feel the baby less. Anyway, baby is measuring a full week or more ahead, so apparenty I cook fast! And, DH and I were completely wrong - we were both sure it would be a girl, but, nope! Looks like a son for us! We're both absolutely thrilled smile.gifjoy.gif

Except now we have to keep trying to figure out a boy name - ARGH! We had decided on Madison for a girl, but we can barely even get suggestions for a boy that we both like. I'm completely stumped. Any and all suggestions are welcome! lol.gif

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

#66 of 114 Old 03-02-2011, 07:40 AM

LivingSky:

Congrats,great to hear everything is ok and baby is well!!  I have an anterior placenta too.  Anterior means toward the front of your body and posterior means towards the back (probably one of the only things I remember from  Anatomy & Physiology 1 and 2, haha).

My husband and I didn't totally agree on a boy's name either.  The girls name was a cinch.  Maybe men care more about the boys name because they can relate more?  Our girl name is Ada.  If it is a boy I would LOVE Otis, but that got quickly vetoed.  I can't help it, I just LOVE Otis Redding that much =)

The only agreeable boys name we have is Jackson which I'm a little "eh" about because it's grown in popularity so much, but still a good solid name. 

Melinstar:

That's nice of you to say.  And it's great to have this resource available, to be able to talk to other women about what's going on.  I'm the first of all of my friends to get pregnant, and I have no siblings, so I don't have many people to talk to that understand. 

Danielle (29)reading.gif married to my best friend Lou guitar.gif since 9/10/10 stillheart.gif ,mama to Ada Adelleenergy.gif since 8/5/11, and expecting a new addition around 4/19/14 stork-boy.gif
#67 of 114 Old 03-02-2011, 09:31 AM

Livingsky-So glad everything went well!  Worry seems to be an ongoing symptom of pregnancy.  I have to remind myself not to freak out everyday about every little thing.

We aren't finding out the gender but I'm thinking boy.  We have a girl's name chosen and I thought we had a boy's name too but DH just informed me he's changed his mind about it.  Grrrr, we were naming the boy after his dad and now he doesn't like it any more?  Not cool.  I honestly can't think of one name that I like.  It seems like all of the boy names I can think of are so boring and have no meaning to us. 

Now I'm just going to have to convince him that one of the Harry Potter names I love are completely acceptable!

yell- I LOVE the name Otis!  I'll try not to steal it from you wink1.gif

#68 of 114 Old 03-02-2011, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

yell: Ada is a great girl's name! I do like Otis as well. Funnily enough, Jackson was the boy's name we originally agreed on before we even got pregnant - but we're both not really sold on it. So it's still on our list, and it does have meaning for us - my godfather's last name was Jackson and he passed away last year - but I'm just not sure. We also have Mason on our list, and today we added Kaiden.

mugglesmom: There's some great Harry Potter names that are completely acceptable! I mean, I probably wouldn't name a kid Voldemort, but other than that you should be pretty safe smile.gif

#69 of 114 Old 03-02-2011, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, and yell, I really get where you're coming from regarding not really having anyone in real life who can relate to pregnancy. Many of DH's and I's friends don't want kids - most of the ones who do are older than us and already have kids who are teens or pre-teens. So we're a bit concerned about actually finding people with small children to socialize with, or at least people who are accepting of small children. It really makes me appreciate having MDC!

#70 of 114 Old 03-04-2011, 10:19 AM

Hi all. I wanted to check in with the first time mom's!  I'm 22 weeks today.  It's strange to think I could be more than halfway through this pregnancy already.  I am one of those lucky women who is blessed to have a wonderfully easy pregnancy so far.  I feel amazing!   I can't wait for it to get warmer so I can get out in the garden, planting seeds in the warm earth and thinking about how those seeds will grow and blossom as our baby is born.  

I have been putting my hands on my belly early in the morning when I feel the baby moving and I can feel baby pressing back on my hand.

We are starting to think about baby gear, which has been stressful.  We have a small house with limited storage, I'm just dreading our friends and family going overboard and being overloaded with a ton  of plastic crap.  Anyone have suggestions of how to gently let people know that you would prefer only the essentials, second hand, cotton, wood, or organic baby things? 

Mom to Brodrick born on the 4th of July , 7/4/11.    h20homebirth.gif   nocirc.gif fuzmalesling.gif familybed1.gif Love my husband of 3 years.   treehugger.gif Workin' mamma looking for a way out of the corporate world.

#71 of 114 Old 03-07-2011, 04:55 AM - Thread Starter

ebegreen: I just got my seed order on Friday! I'm excited to plant but I think I'm not going to start my inside planting until April this year. Our spring is supposed to be long and cold so no point in starting too early. I'm hoping to get everything planted outside by the end of May, so if I start them inside in mid April we should be good. I usually only do vegetables but I got some flower seeds this year that I'm pretty excited about. Once DH and I get a lot of our junk gone, we'll have room for some nice potted plants in the house. That will be novel smile.gif We have a very limited amount of insside space as well so we have to do a major purge of our stuff before baby arrives!

As for "green" stuff - we are having a baby shower with a "Go Green!" theme. DH and I both actually love the color green, so it's a dual purpose theme. We are trying to cnvince everyone to buy us green items for the baby, as well as stick to organic stuff where possible - or at least with second hand things so we're not creating so much waste. We haven't told anyone the sex of the baby so we're going to do the big reveal at the shower (that way people will have to avoid sex-specific gifts!). We're also hoping people will stick with gift cards so that we can use those to purchase the big ticket items that we actually need, instead of a bnch of stuff that we don't!

#72 of 114 Old 03-07-2011, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hi due-date friends!  Just thought I'd introduce myself.  I'm 22 weeks today with my first, a little boy.  I have zero pregnant friends IRL so I need some online buddies!  This is the most amazing experience of my life.  I'm feeling the baby boot at me every day.  DH can feel him too!  We are reeeeally easily entertained by this.  Nice to meet all of you  :)

At home amongst the redwoods treehugger.gif with my husband and my son, born 7/5/11 familybed1.gif  Instant CNM, just add caffix.gif !

#73 of 114 Old 03-07-2011, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Katie8681! Glad to have you with us smile.gif If you let me know your due date I'll add you to the first post!

#74 of 114 Old 03-08-2011, 06:15 AM

Hi Katie--

I see you live in Louisianna and I am jealous.  I'm in Pa and is STILL too cold here.  I can't wait to get into dresses, wearing pants is driving me nuts.  They feel so constricting right now, especially my work pants (which I had to go from a reg size 6 to a size 8 maternity in, which I'm not happy about and are starting to feel snug in my thighs to boot!)

Speaking of things getting snug...I had an appt with my OB last week and I had discovered that at 19 weeks I had gained 17 lbs.  I sat in his office and cried (embarassing).  I guess being a first timer I thought I would be the norm so it was disappointing to see myself on the high end.  Pre-pregnancy I was a runner, and while I still do cardio (switched to walking), I know that this severely contributed to my weight gain.  While I was running I could eat whatever I wanted because I always made up for it.  I think I kept eating that way (but actually worse in the first tri.) without the running and started packing on the pounds. 

I feel bad being so upset because I should be happy that I have a  healthy baby in there instead of focusing on the weight gain.  But like I've said before in this thread, I'm still not really showing- just looking chubby.  And I only THINK I feel the baby sometimes (my husband can't feel it), so I'm not really experiencing any of the good stuff yet eyesroll.gif

Sorry for the long post!!

#75 of 114 Old 03-08-2011, 07:02 AM

Hi everyone!

I had my anatomy scan yesterday. It was my 1st ultrasound i didn't want to do it and we went back and forth about it for weeks but I eventually decided to comprimise (dh really wanted to do it for piece of mind) and i'm so glad i did. It was so moving! It is really nice to know that the baby is healthy and developing normally. It also sort of makes it feel that much more real. We opted not to find out the gender (tho I almost caved) but i thought i may have seen some boy parts? I also have an anterior placenta and was impatiently waiting for definitive movement but now the baby is moving a lot which is awesome!

As far as names go our list is definitely getting shorter. (Otis was on my list too but dh is not a fan). So far I am in love with

Beatrix Anne for a girl with "Bea" for a nickname. DH seems to be coming around to it slowly but surely although he really likes Audre. For a boy I like Wolfgang. Dh likes it but says he would only call him Wolf which is fine with me. Mostly he is very set on Asa for a boy.

I have been really having fun sewing for the baby i've been making lots of recycled wool soakers and longies. I've also been getting tons of hand-me-downs which are so fun to look through. I'm very lucky to have 3 cloth diapering moms passing stuff down to me. Already I have enough diapers to last me a week or more without washing if i wanted to (and all for free)! same with clothes, even after keeping only what i *love* i may never have to do laundry! I am feeling very blessed with abundance right now which is wonderful since we have very little money and before TTC I thought that might be a major stressor.

Anyone else nesting? Anyone planning registries or thinking about babyshowers/blessingways? what about childbirth ed., anyone signing up?

#76 of 114 Old 03-08-2011, 10:39 AM

yell - what part of PA are you in?  I'm near Harrisburg.  I hear you, I can't wait for warmer weather!  I was jogging up until December but then it got so cold. It has been a long winter, I practice Pilates regularly, but because of all the snow have not been to classes as much as I would like.  Some days it is hard for me to accept that my body is changing, especially when my favorite jeans didn't fit anymore. I have large breasts, that got bigger dizzy.gif so I feel like people don't notice my belly as much, because my breasts are sooo out there.  My mom actually commented that she thought my thighs looked bigger (gee thanks Mom!). I guess thats where the extra fat storage went. My midwife told me that some women gain the most in the first and second trimester and then taper off toward the end and some don't gain any weight in the begining and then gain alot at the end, everyone is different.  Don't be too hard on yourself about the numbers on the scale. If you feel good and are staying active and eating healthy and baby is healthy that is what matters.   

boater - that's awsome you have a diaper stash already!  I was hoping to borrow some pre-folds from my friend, but she's expecting her second baby in October, so I'll have to give them back. I should start asking around the mom's circles to see if I can find some hand me downs.  We are not finding out the sex and have it narrowed down to 2 names boy and girl.  I love the name Beatrix and Bea is so cute for a nickname.   My husbands family has a tradition of B names for boys so we've decided not to go with a B name if it's a girl.  I would like to have a babyshower in May (my gosh thats going to be here soon!)  and I love the idea of a blessingway closer to the birth as a way to pamper the mother.  I can see myself doing the belly cast and then relaxing with my henna painted swollen belly, a flower and ribbon headress, and relaxing with my feet in an herbal bath.  

I'm taking Bradley childbirth classes, our midwife suggested we sign up early, so we did, now we only have 4 left!  leaves us lots of time to practice what we've learned. 

Mom to Brodrick born on the 4th of July , 7/4/11.    h20homebirth.gif   nocirc.gif fuzmalesling.gif familybed1.gif Love my husband of 3 years.   treehugger.gif Workin' mamma looking for a way out of the corporate world.

#77 of 114 Old 03-08-2011, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Thanks for the welcomes!  :)  I am due 7/11.  Yell, it's true, the weather here is BEAUTIFUL right now!  Not too much rain/flooding, doesn't get colder than about mid fifties, highs in low-mid seventies.  This will be paid for and then some in a few months, of course!  But by then I won't be here, as we are moving to North Cali in June, just as it will start feeling like an armpit here.  It was either move right before or right after the baby is born, so we went with before.  

What with all the moving around in my third trimester, I am thinking about doing the hypnobabies home study course.  It would really be nice to get into a prenatal yoga class in the new town, and meet some other new moms.  It's hard to even think about how I'm going to get baby gear in order prior to the birth, but I keep reminding myself that newborns don't really need that much outside of my boobs, a place to sleep, some clothes, and a bunch of diapers.  The rest is frosting!  (In my mind.  Of courrse he's my first, so maybe this is wishful thinking.)

Hey, I have an anterior placenta too, and I am feeling tons of movement... so weird!  I definitely feel him more on the sides and way down low, though.  Not so much front and center.  I'm 22wks.

At home amongst the redwoods treehugger.gif with my husband and my son, born 7/5/11 familybed1.gif  Instant CNM, just add caffix.gif !

#78 of 114 Old 03-09-2011, 06:53 AM

Ebegreen--

We are in the Philadelphia suburbs.  It's funny that you are from Harrisburg though because on my "to do" list today, I want to look for jobs for my husband in Harrisburg.  I'm sick of the congestion and how expensive it is here and my husband said there are a lot of jobs in his field in the Harrisburg area (he is a warehouse manager).  And also, my boobs are also huge and they are far bigger than my stomach.  I started with a 34D pre preg, and now I'm SQUEEZED into a 36DD which I need to upgrade from but I'm sick of buying new bras and clothes!!

boater--

I love love love Bea.  It is super cute!

I am also in the anterior placenta club.  I feel little movements (I think?) once in a while, but never in the middle and always on the sides.  My mom is planning the shower for June 5th which I am honestly not excited for.  The idea of sitting in a room full of women looking and talking about baby stuff makes me doze off just thinking about.  I didn't do a bridal shower either, we did a wedding shower which was waaaay more fun.  It consisted of great food, whiffle ball, kegs, jello shots, and swimming and was a blast.  I outlined no baby games or hats made out of bows or ribbons to my mom, so hopefully it won't be all that bad =/  Are you guys having all women at your showers?  I wanted my husband to be there but apparently this isn't what typically happens?

#79 of 114 Old 03-09-2011, 11:23 AM

Hi all!
My name's Lia and my husband and I are expecting our first in July of this year. Excited is just not a good enough word to express how we feel. I'm going for my second US in 8 days. I've been counting down since the last one smile.gif
So glad to be a part of this community!joy.gif
#80 of 114 Old 03-09-2011, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Hi talia1978! Welcome! If you let me know your due date, I'll add you to the list in the first post smile.gif

yell: I know people typically do women-only baby showers, but "Jack and Jill" showers are becoming more popular. We are having a Jack and Jill shower because I just couldn't imagine not having DH there to share in the party. So we're inviting guys and gals! Heck, the shower is for you, so do what makes you happy! My mother was against the idea at first until she did some research and realized that they're becoming more accepted. And then she realized that I was going to do it my way no matter what, so why argue? lol.gif We'll have games, but they'll be adult stuff like Catch-Phrase (I LOVE THAT GAME!)

We also didn't do a bridal shower - we actually only invited 8 people to our wedding, then had a big wedding reception/party about 6 months later. Way more fun smile.gif

#81 of 114 Old 03-09-2011, 07:35 PM

Just checking in here.  I finally announced my pregnancy to my 2 bosses today.  One's wife is expecting two weeks behind me so he was super stoked which surprised me a little bit.  He swears I'm having a boy based on what I'm eating.  He says those on the "lumberjack" diet have boys.  Eating mostly meats, cheese and carbs.  We'll have to wait and see.  Our anatomy scan in Monday afternoon.  I'm super excited.  DH is hoping the babe doesn't cooperate.  He really wants the surprise factor.

Baby aloha is moving around a ton.  We can both feel the thumps from the outside which is really neat for DH.  Babe usually quits when he put his hand on there though.  How do they know?  Little stinker already. 

I'm still feeling really well....other than the fact that I've put on a whopping 11 lbs this month angry.gif.  I can see the weight gain.  Unfortunately for me I gain weight in my face, hips, and belly.   I'm getting a little rounder but babe is still concealing him/herself really well.  My massage therapist mentioned that my hips are already widening--great.  By the time I deliver, I might be the size of a semi.

I can't wait for the the warm weather to get here.  I heard the frogs last night so hopefully that means spring is on it's way.

I'm really not into the whole party scene but a couple of my friends have already asked if they could give me a shower.  I tried to discourage it as we are minimalist and don't want a bunch of "extra" stuff junking up the house.

We are doing co-ed showers.  It' seems to be the norm around here.  All of the showers I've been to in the last couple of years have been couple type BBQ's and they were a lot of fun. 

I'd really like to do a blessing-way and think that I will do it after my mom arrives so that she can participate.  She wants to come out for a month around the birth time so that she will get to see me pregnant and then see her grand baby for a bit before she has to go back home.  I told here that she was welcome to come but there would be no guarantee to my mental state of mind.  dizzy.gifWe are on opposite coasts and they (my family) are on very limited incomes so they don't travel much.  Unless we go out there (East Coast) we don't get to see them for years at a time which is hard to miss all the kids growing up. 

It sounds like everyone is doing really well.  I'm excited to see how things progress as we all get closer. 

Sorry for all the jumping around but that has been my state of mind lately.  Baby brain has got the best of me.

Stay Healthy Mammas!

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#82 of 114 Old 03-09-2011, 07:46 PM

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie/first time mom due 7/7/11 (it's a girl!). I'm semi-miserable, on day 3 of a head cold that shows no sign of leaving soon - this is my second in about 4 weeks! A new, unfortunate record for me.

I'm living in my maternity jeans - best invention ever! Unfortunately, I only have one pair of maternity dress pants so far, so I'm still using the hair elastic system + bella band for my other work pants. Can't wait for spring and better skirt weather.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all!

#83 of 114 Old 03-09-2011, 08:39 PM

Welcome Pink.

Sorry you are sick (again).  DH just got over his 3rd cold of the season--I've managed to avoid them all.  Praise God!

I'm with you.  Can't wait for the warmer weather so I can get into skirts.

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#84 of 114 Old 03-10-2011, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter

ACK! All my formatting on the first post went completely screwy! I'll try to fix it another time.

PinkPostIt - you have been added, and welcome! I love your username! Hope your cold goes away soon. So far I've avoided all the colds this season, but I've been mildly congested pretty much since we got our BFP. I'm sure looking forward to that part of pregnancy going away soon!

#85 of 114 Old 03-10-2011, 06:32 AM

"by the time I deliver I might be the size of a semi"  HAHA-- don't worry, you're not alone lady.  I stepped on the scale this morning and had gained 3 lbs in 3 days?!?!  I know this isn't right, it has to be water weight because there's no way, but it's still frightening to see.

It is exciting to see all of the people about to be new parents in July.  I'm sure it's exciting everytime you're about to bring a new life into the world, but something about first timers is so cute.  Maybe naivity?  Haha. 

Pinkpostit--

I also love my mat jeans.  I only have one pair and I was really hesitant about buying them because they're from the Gap and I had to drop $70 on them, but so far they have been my best investment so far.  So comfy - so stretchy- so cute- and so flattering. They are trouser jeans and I love trouser jeans - they balance out my top half nice.

LivingSky

Co-ed baby shower with board games sounds like a blast.  I'm a Taboo kinda girl myself.  I'm letting my mom take the reigns on this one.  She's doing it at a restaurant.  Fine, one less thing I have to think about.  Should be interesting though because I only have a handful of girlfriends and half of them are gay and don't care about babies (hah).  I do want my husband to be there though....it's not just my baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianBlesing View Post

Just checking in here.  I finally announced my pregnancy to my 2 bosses today.  One's wife is expecting two weeks behind me so he was super stoked which surprised me a little bit.  He swears I'm having a boy based on what I'm eating.  He says those on the "lumberjack" diet have boys.  Eating mostly meats, cheese and carbs.  We'll have to wait and see.  Our anatomy scan in Monday afternoon.  I'm super excited.  DH is hoping the babe doesn't cooperate.  He really wants the surprise factor.

Baby aloha is moving around a ton.  We can both feel the thumps from the outside which is really neat for DH.  Babe usually quits when he put his hand on there though.  How do they know?  Little stinker already. 

I'm still feeling really well....other than the fact that I've put on a whopping 11 lbs this month angry.gif.  I can see the weight gain.  Unfortunately for me I gain weight in my face, hips, and belly.   I'm getting a little rounder but babe is still concealing him/herself really well.  My massage therapist mentioned that my hips are already widening--great.  By the time I deliver, I might be the size of a semi.

I can't wait for the the warm weather to get here.  I heard the frogs last night so hopefully that means spring is on it's way.

I'm really not into the whole party scene but a couple of my friends have already asked if they could give me a shower.  I tried to discourage it as we are minimalist and don't want a bunch of "extra" stuff junking up the house.

We are doing co-ed showers.  It' seems to be the norm around here.  All of the showers I've been to in the last couple of years have been couple type BBQ's and they were a lot of fun. 

I'd really like to do a blessing-way and think that I will do it after my mom arrives so that she can participate.  She wants to come out for a month around the birth time so that she will get to see me pregnant and then see her grand baby for a bit before she has to go back home.  I told here that she was welcome to come but there would be no guarantee to my mental state of mind.  dizzy.gifWe are on opposite coasts and they (my family) are on very limited incomes so they don't travel much.  Unless we go out there (East Coast) we don't get to see them for years at a time which is hard to miss all the kids growing up. 

It sounds like everyone is doing really well.  I'm excited to see how things progress as we all get closer. 

Sorry for all the jumping around but that has been my state of mind lately.  Baby brain has got the best of me.

Stay Healthy Mammas!

#86 of 114 Old 03-10-2011, 10:28 AM

I'll be trucking along with you girls!  I've already put on 17lbs and I'm guessing it's not going to slow down any time soon since I've lost all motivation to exercise.  I'm really hoping that once it stops snowing here and the temp warms up a bit I might feel like leaving the house or getting my preggo but off the couch. 

I haven't registered for anything for the baby and now that more people are talking showers I guess I'll have to start thinking about it.  Has anyone done the myregistry.com thing?  I'm thinking about doing that (it fits better with my couch potato lifestyle right now) but I don't know how well it works.  I'm pretty sure I learned about it on here somewhere but who knows!

Anyone else being kicked awake at night?  This little bugger really likes to dance at about 3-4 o'clock in the morning.  It's still really exciting so it hasn't annoyed me too much yet, but I imagine later in the pregnancy when the novelty has worn off and the kicks aren't cute but painful I'll probably change my mind.  Luckily I'm getting used to the sleep deprivation, sort of.  If getting used to means sleeping past my alarm and skipping showers so I can sleep longer Sheepish.gif.  It's worth it, I love feeling the baby move around it makes me smile every time.

Everything is just so new and exciting I'm loving everything about being pregnant!  Don't look back to my 1st trimester posts, I'm pleading amnesia!

#87 of 114 Old 03-10-2011, 02:18 PM

I had my big US and found out we're having a boy! I was stunned, and am still a little shocked, honestly; I thought I was ready to hear the news either way, but my subconscious mind apparently was totally convinced it was a girl. Nope--he is DEFINITELY not a girl! I'm not disappointed, but my mind is still reeling a bit. I had all sorts of crafting and parenting ideas in my head that apparently need adjusting, now. And now I have to think about circumcision in more than just a theoretical way--darn it!

We've even shared with the family; I didn't want to before... but apparently, that was because I just didn't want to tell them it was a girl and have all the pink stuff (I do HATE pink!) but as it turns out, I think they can be trusted to respect my preferences with a boy, and maybe be less prone to getting carried away with buying clothes.

My mom sobbed a bit that she didn't get to buy dresses. I'm trying to not be mad about that, but it did sting. She's not known for her tactful ways. *shrug* (In a fit of pique, though, I did say she could buy them anyway, that I wouldn't mind dressing him in them--I wouldn't!--but she totally balked there! ;)

Anyway, he is perfectly healthy in every way, very active and super-bendy--the contortions were hilarious to watch. He's measuring even a little bigger than the extra week I think I should be. (early US and my charting disagreed by a week, but I'm still sure I'm right)
I'm still not feeling him much, if at all, but my placenta is in front and up top, right where he's been hanging out, mainly with his feet over his head kicking up at my ribs, apparently, so even the 5 minutes of serious *stomping* we witnessed? Nope, I felt nothing! Maybe he'll shift around soon ; I'm sure I will feel it if he's a bit lower down.

I'm feeling pretty unwieldy now. I've got a short torso, so I've only got about 2-3 inches left between my fundus and my ribcage; I'm starting to feel squished. The belly seems to be in the way a lot of the time, especially when dealing with shoes or trying to get things out of kitchen cabinets. Heartburn has been kicking in more regularly.

I'll hit 20 weeks on Sunday. Then, I suppose, I will have to think a little more seriously about all the things we need to do! With my medical history, there's probably a huge chance of going early, perhaps substantially early. My brain is still not all the way wrapped around the enormity of it all yet, though!

Mama to Alaric, my beautiful rainbow1284.gif -- born 4 weeks early on 7/3/11 at 7lb4oz.

#88 of 114 Old 03-10-2011, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

meander: I swear, every time I get worried and go check for a post from you, you post later that same day smile.gif You're having a boy! That's awesome! I know completely how you feel about expecting it to be a girl. We really expected that as well. I'm not disappointed that we're having a boy, it's just a mental shift from what I was prepared for. Glad everything is going well for you!

yell: A lot of DH's and I's friends (both male and female) are gay as well. It's funny though, more of them are interested in the baby thing than our hetero friends!

mugglesmom: We haven't registered anywhere yet either. I'm a bit worried about it but then I also figure that people are probably going to buy me whatever they feel like rather than follow the registry anyways. The only things we really need are car seat and stroller and I think the families will be chipping in together for those things. Everything else is just bonus. We're planning to order our own baby sling and then we'll pick up whatever else we need second hand closer to when the baby arrives.

#89 of 114 Old 03-14-2011, 06:31 AM

Meander--Congrats on a boy!  We had our big us on Friday and I was 20 wks on Saturday, looks like we are right on the same schedule!

I had mixed feelings over the 20 wk us because I knew it was the last one.  It was actually my 6th ultrasound so I got used to seeing the babe frequently!  We didn't want to find out the sex of the baby but when she was scanning the tailbone my husband and I both thought we saw testicles--but we didn't get a penis glimpse so it's still up in the air.  Honestly I have been hoping for a girl, for a couple of reasons, but I was mostly happy to see that everything looks healthy.  Of course I was a little worried because our baby is measuring bigger than average.  The tech said babies are usually in a 40-60% zone and ours was 66% (it's weighing 12 ounces right now).  My immediate reaction was "omg I'm eating too much!"

We went out with my mom and registered afterwards and it really seemed ridiculous, all of the stuff you need.  It was actually really boring too and by the end of the day I was WIPED. 

#90 of 114 Old 03-14-2011, 10:36 PM

Yell, I got you beat. 

Our babe was 14oz....YIKES...not only am I packing on the pounds, I'm brewing a big BOY.

We had our anatomy scan today and everything looks really good.  It was so neat for DH and I to see.  It was all really so amazing to watch but the heart was by far the most mystifying thing for us.  Being paramedics and science minded, it was just so cool to see it from all those angles and the chambers and the valves working.  I was in awe the whole time.  The whole process had me in awe.  It's such blessing and a miracle to get to witness something so amazing.

We definitely wanted to find out and the tech said that at 20 weeks it was impossible to hide.  Definitely got a great money shot of his parts.

We were shocked and very excited!  There is only one boy in the family on my husband's side all the other 7 are girls.

Congrats to everyone has found out and has amazing, healthy little (or big) babes. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page