First Time Moms-To-Be Club - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 114 Old 03-15-2011, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LOL well we had our u/s at 19 weeks on the dot, and were slightly over 12 oz then. That was two weeks ago now! At 19 weeks, we were measuring at I think 20w3d.

I'm now investigating my natural options for trying to self induce between 38 and 39 weeks - I do NOT want to go overdue if baby is already a week ahead!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#92 of 114 Old 03-15-2011, 05:51 AM

WOW Becky, big baby!  Also, I saw a belly shot of you I think on the August thread and you look great!  I think you have a rockin' bod wink1.gif  I also was amazed with the heart during the ultrasound.  Are you and your husband both paramedics?  That is very cool.  I am very interested in anatomy and physiology (although my undergrad is in psychology). 

LivingSky-- I am right there with you with wanting to go early.  A.  I don't want to deliver into August and B. I don't want to push a 9 pound baby out of my vag. 

So I came across something I thought I might share.  I have been getting increasingly annoyed at the fact that I have to buy mat clothes and how expensive they are.  Even when you go somewhere cheaper like Old Navy it still really adds up.  I came across Walmart's mat clothes online yesterday and let me tell you, they are cheap.  I boycotted Walmart many years ago because I don't agree with a lot of their ethics, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.  The downside is, they don't carry in stores, but the upside is you can return to their stores.  I was thrilled to find good summer staples like 2 packs of tank tops for $10, shorts, and some cute summer dresses.  Just thought I would pass it along!

Danielle (29)reading.gif married to my best friend Lou guitar.gif since 9/10/10 stillheart.gif ,mama to Ada Adelleenergy.gif since 8/5/11, and expecting a new addition around 4/19/14 stork-boy.gif
#93 of 114 Old 03-15-2011, 09:00 AM

I'm sure you guys know this, but ultrasound estimates of weight are incredibly inaccurate. Don't let those weights send you into a panic! Your baby will be just the right size!

I've had almost 9 lbers every time and done just fine.

You can do it!!

Love,

Sarah*

ebegreen likes this.

Sarah, Mom to Theo (8/06), Penny (1/08) and Felix 10/30) #4 due 07/11
#94 of 114 Old 03-15-2011, 01:15 PM

Yell, yes we are both paramedics.  I volunteer for the same fire agency that he works for.  They put me on a leave of absence for a year after they found out I was pg. greensad.gif

My full time job is a pet groomer.  I get to work with dogs and cats all day which is actually quite a lot of work and not all fun and games like everyone thinks.  I love it though and so far I've had no complications lifting etc.  Actually having the smaller belly has worked in my favor up to this point.  

Everyone can't believe that I'm 20 weeks and still have no "real" belly.  I'm still in that in between stage where people notice that I've gained weight but don't dare ask.  In fact I was just talking with a client about it today.  She said she had noticed that I was a bit heavier (20lbs to be exact) but didn't want to say anything rude or guess wrong.

Thanks Sarah heartbeat.gif  I'm not terribly worried about the size of the babe and hope that it will even out over time.  My sister pushed out 9+ and 10+ babes and she has much smaller hips than me so I should be just fine. 

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#95 of 114 Old 03-16-2011, 07:28 AM

Becky, we are really in the same boat.  My belly is rounding out a little bit this week, but I'm still in the in between stages too - but I've gained a ton of weight.  I've gone from a 34D to a 36DDD and a size 6 to a size 8 maternity.  It's all gone to my boobs and my thighs and my back is looking fat too (weird).  A coworker mentioned my pregnancy in the chart room a couple of days ago (I had told her I was preg) and another coworker was standing there and she was like "I thought maybe you were but I wasn't sure so I didn't want to say anything!"  So that's where I'm at. 

That is neat that you are a pet groomer.  My husband and I are serious animal lovers but we can't have any pets in our apartment--it's a drag. 

Danielle (29)reading.gif married to my best friend Lou guitar.gif since 9/10/10 stillheart.gif ,mama to Ada Adelleenergy.gif since 8/5/11, and expecting a new addition around 4/19/14 stork-boy.gif
#96 of 114 Old 03-16-2011, 03:32 PM

Yell, Holy boobs!   Hopefully your back can take the adjustment in growth especially when your belly arrives.

I'm a lot like you with the exception of our bust size.  My weight is mostly in my hips--I've got love handles like you wouldn't believe.  My face tends to gain/show weight too which I really don't care for at all.

My boobs have grown from a small B to a full C so there has been some growth there just not as much as you.  winky.gif

I'm just crazy excited about it all!!!

My little guy was "kickboxing" this morning and it just had me laughing because it's so different from the normal occasional jabs I usually feel. 

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#97 of 114 Old 03-17-2011, 05:50 AM - Thread Starter

I'm starting to feel things that I think are the baby, often enough that I can't ignore them all but still not positive which feelings are aby and which ones are just my insides moving shifting!

I'm actually kind of afraid to find out what my bust size is now. I have gained very little weight overall - 4 lbs at last weigh in - and it's pretty much all baby. Body wise I look to have actually lost weight - which is phenomenal as I was a size 16-18 prepregnancy. Now the 1X maternity clothes are too big for me. But I was a 40G bust size before getting pregnant and the girls are definitely bigger now. I can't wear any of my regular underwire bras as they're too small - I've had to swap entirely to my wireless bras and I'm popping out of them. But I'm not willing to buy new bras yet because I'm sure I'll need another set of bras once I'm closer to due date and after the baby is here. I'm trying to make due until May.

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

#98 of 114 Old 03-17-2011, 07:17 PM

Hey ladies!  Just checking in on you!  I've been busy finding out the sex (Girl!) and buying stuff.  I'm in this frantic plan mode and it won't settle down.  No more me time!  Just buy and plan and prepare time!  I started a prenatal yoga class to ease my mind (and my aching body!). 

This little baby of mine is a kicker!  She is getting stronger everyday.  I love feeling the kicks... each one is different and make me smile so big!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meander View Post

I had my big US and found out we're having a boy! I was stunned, and am still a little shocked, honestly; I thought I was ready to hear the news either way, but my subconscious mind apparently was totally convinced it was a girl. Nope--he is DEFINITELY not a girl! I'm not disappointed, but my mind is still reeling a bit. I had all sorts of crafting and parenting ideas in my head that apparently need adjusting, now.

Meander~  I could have written this myself.  I would have put MONEY down that we were having a boy.  I was attracted to boy things, I had the boy nursery all planned out, etc, etc.  When she told us it was a girl I was absolutely FLOORED.  I, too, had to shift all of my crafting ideas and nursery themes toward the feminine side.  But now that I'm used to the idea of having a daughter, I am having a *blast*!  She will be the most loved little baby girl in the universe. 

#99 of 114 Old 03-18-2011, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

OK ladies, this bust issue- I'm going crazy trying to keep myself in bras!  I started out as a (small) B and am now a large C, thinking that soon I might be venturing into D territory (jaw dropping experience!)  How are you dealing with the rapid changes in bra size?!  Are sports bras a better option?  I can't afford to keep buying bras at this rate.  I expected boob growth but this is ridiculous.

At home amongst the redwoods treehugger.gif with my husband and my son, born 7/5/11 familybed1.gif  Instant CNM, just add caffix.gif !

#100 of 114 Old 03-18-2011, 12:01 PM

Katie, if you can figure out the most cost effective way to do this, let me know!   This has been my biggest struggle.  I've had to buy 2 sets of bras so far.  I know it's not the best option, but I just went to Target a cruised the clearance aisles for my size on clearance.  Sorta cheap bras, but I know they're sort of disposable since I'll be growing out of them.  I found some bras on clearance there for $5 a piece.

#101 of 114 Old 03-18-2011, 04:44 PM

I can't remember where I saw it but there are "expanding" maternity bras that cover multiple sizes.  I'm kicking myself in the buns for not buying them when I saw them on sale.  I too started out as a small B and now am in the full C range thinking I may grow to a D for Pete sake.

The bra I saw covered B-D.

I've been wearing sports bras at the recommendation of friends and my sister or those tanks with the build in cami but I'm growing out of those too.  They are starting to get a bit snug and don't necessarily offer the best support but some days it's just what I need as far as constriction goes.  Some days I just can't take the squishing of the girls.

I'll try to see if I can find a site that carries these bras and post the link.

#102 of 114 Old 03-20-2011, 09:55 PM

Hey Mommas,

Was just over in the August DDC where I saw this.  This isn't the bra that I saw but it's an "expanding" bra.

It's called the coobie bra/

New Colors are Here!!!
We now have Ivory, Mocha, Coffee Bean, Baby Blue, Heavenly Pink and Mandarin Orange. Coobie Seamless Bra – Scoopneck – is currently the most popular style. Available in Neutrals and fun colors. One size fits almost every body. Comfortably fits sizes 32A to 36D-DD. No Kidding – they really do fit that size range perfectly!
Many larger customers find it comfortable as well.
Each one comes with an extra set of clear straps and each has removeable pads.
Straps are adjustable. See the bottom of the page for the NEW Plus Size.

I'm going to check them out.

#103 of 114 Old 03-21-2011, 05:01 AM - Thread Starter

awww, that's not fair, they need to make a bigger sized one as well! lol.gif

How was everyone's weekend?

#104 of 114 Old 03-21-2011, 09:49 AM

Busy.  Worked on Fri and Saturday then went to my MIL's 60th B-day party which was interesting.

She finally got the picture that I don't like her patting my tummy and talking to "baby" every time she sees me.  It drove me crazy.  She started doing it at church then all her friends would join in--annoying to say the least.

Party was good but we were out late.  This momma was not made for late nights--too old winky.gif

Good thing was we got to sleep in on Sunday so that was good.

Not a great first day of spring here.  Snowed all day--BOO!  We got a lot of house cleaning done and some organization which was really good and helpful.

My husband has taken to nicknaming the baby Awesome which is kind of cute coming from him.  We have decided that once we finally decide on a name that we will not reveal it to family and friends till birth.  They can just call him Awesome till then. 

Hope the rest of you had a great weekend. 

#105 of 114 Old 03-21-2011, 09:53 PM

While searching for another thread I found this on the pg forum.  Thought maybe the bigger busted mommas of the group might get some helpful information out of it.

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1300123/custom-bras-large-bb-s-thread-advice

#106 of 114 Old 03-22-2011, 06:24 AM

Thanks for the post Becky.  I've switched to sports bras, because of the cost, and because they minimize my bust.  I know this is terrible support though. 

I had a good weekend, but we are having some major neighbor problems in our apartment complex.  And I know the things they are doing are magnified because I keep thinking about bringing the baby home with them there and it makes me cringe (loud music, coming home at 3am-presumably drunk- and being loud, throwing cigarette butts all over the property--they also decided to spray paint some furniture on the walkways and didn't put anything under the furniture so now there is spray paint on the walkways).  I need this to get resolved before July.  We were honestly not planning on staying past this upcoming October, but I don't want to get chased out sooner than we're ready because of these people.  AHH!!!  Apartment living sucks, can't wait until we can get a house.

It is my husband's birthday today and we are going to our fav vegetarian restaurant tonight so I am super excited.  I have never tasted anything better than the food at this place.  After getting pregnant, we had to re-learn how to celebrate holidays and birthdays without booze.  Turns out, it's not as bad as it seems =)

Hope everyone else had a nice weekend, and is not dealing with unruly neighbors!!

#107 of 114 Old 03-25-2011, 04:59 AM - Thread Starter

yell: I really hope your neighbour problems get sorted out soon and to your satisfaction. Troublesome neighbours are the absolute worst! Hopefully your dinner out helped you relax and forget about them for a little while smile.gif

On the bra note - the only ones I can wear right now are my non-underwire bras, not quite sports bras but simlar. With my chest size finding cheap interim bras on clearance just isn't a reality - the only place I can even find bras my size is in bra specialty shops greensad.gif Tops with built in bras are long past working for me so I'm pretty much stuck. It's not too terrible right now while I'm still wearing bulky winter clothing but once it starts to get warm I'll have to find something that gives me support and doesn't make my boobs look like funky double-boobs!

So this week I ordered my Mei Tai Baby carrier! I'm so excited. I read SO many reviews on carriers and carriers types and I finally decided on that one as it has lots of reviews and they were pretty much all positive. And I love the interchangeable panels so we can have some "guy" panels so DH can wear it as well. And there was a bunch of panels on sale! We got 6 panels plus the carrier. My mother is buying it for me as a shower gift smile.gif

And then yesterday I got one of the best birthday presents EVER! DH and I are flying home to Vancouver for my bithday n Apil. My mom texted me to let me know that the show Cavalia is hapening in Vancouver while we're there. For those who don't know, it's basically a cross between the Lipizan stallion show and a Cirque Du Soleil show. I've wanted to see it for as long as I've known about it but never had the opportunity. So my mom and dad got me and DH tickets to see it and a night at a nice hotel in downtown Vancouver while we're out there joy.gifjoy.gif Of course the package includes free cocktails which I guess DH will have to enjoy to himself smile.gif Maybe they can make me a good virgin drink!

Anyways I'm still flying high knowing I get to go see Cavalia! I'm so excited I can barely contain myself smile.giforngbiggrin.gif

#108 of 114 Old 03-25-2011, 05:06 AM

That sounds like fun!!!!  I love mini vacas!

We got our crib yesterday and I can't wait for my husband to put it together this weekend!!!!!!!!!  

http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=156c391&DeptID=70676&CatID=77448&SO=0&SelDim=5~&PCatID=70676&x5view=1&NOffset=2&Ne=5+18+904+949+833&CatTyp=RLE&Dep=BABY&N=4294940794+4294966477&Cat=Baby+FurniturE&Nao=23&PSO=0&CmCatId=77448

in antique white  =)

#109 of 114 Old 03-26-2011, 03:56 PM

Living:  That sounds amazing!  I love the shows like that.  I've never seen anything like it but I know what you are talking about and I'm sure it's going to be spectacular!

Congratulations on the Mei Tai.  With all the carriers out there it's so hard to just narrow it down to one.  I'm like "I take one of each"--if only that were possible.  My mom and sister are going to get me a carrier as well for my shower.

I'm going back to visit my family in May--my grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary and my mom thought it would be a great idea to throw me a shower (not if I have to pay to ship everything across the US--hello?  Sorry don't mean to sound ungrateful or anything but shipping is EXPENSIVE!!)  The idea is very sweet but I told her that everyone would have to buy online or do a gift card type deal or how about just a belly blessing ceremony type deal where we can just celebrate the pregnancy amongst the women and they can just bring me a bead or stone or something memorable to them that I can use during birth.  So we will see what happens there.

Yell:  Love the crib!

#110 of 114 Old 03-28-2011, 11:33 PM

Hi! I'm new to the message board. :-)

I'm Reyanna, married to Jeremy for eight years. We have three fur-babies, and we're pregnant with our first *non* fur-baby ;-), due July 30th (Danielle, same as you)! :-D Also, July 30th is my husband's and my 30th birthday, so we are totally stoked at the possibility of sharing with our baby too! Tee hee. But even if it's within a week or two, it will still be cool. ;-)

#111 of 114 Old 03-29-2011, 06:13 AM

Reyanna (pretty name!)--

Welcome!  That is amazing that you AND your husband have a chance of sharing your birthday with your babe!  It's crazy enough that you and your husband have the same birthday.  And then to be due that day -- WOW!  Did you guys find out if you are having a girl or boy or are you not finding out?

So while we are talking about expanding bust sizes, I would like to talk about my expanding rear end.  I had to go buy new underpants yesterday - for the second time during this pregnancy.  The first time I went from a small to a med and now I've gone from a med to a large!  I can't afford to grow anymore!  I also bit the bullet and ordered a new bra.  Freshpair.com has big sizes, good prices, and free shipping.  I think I got one for $25.  Although I should have got a new sports bra too because I'm squeezin' these bad boys into a 36C when in reality I am a 36DDD.  I'm just sick of spending money!

#112 of 114 Old 03-29-2011, 01:48 PM

We *are* having a surprise. :) We're really excited about that too. :D

I hear you on the new underwear/bra buying! I did go from sm to med already for underwear, and some of those (the hiphuggers) are getting a bit snug. I'm hoping the med bikinis last me though. And I did buy three new bras. I'm able to wear two of my older sports bras still. I've gone from a 32B/C to a 34C, so I'm sure I'll grow a bit more when the baby is born. Hopefully, I'll be good on bras till birth though. That's what I'm *hoping* anyway. ;) LOL.

And I am also *so* tired of spending money. I had to buy skirts and tops today (got everything at a consignment store or clearance at Old Navy!), plus a new cami because I've pretty much grown out of everything. LOL. I'm hoping my shopping spree is over. I like having new stuff to wear, but I HATE shopping, and I'm not a fan of spending money either. LOL. :p

Oh!! And you know what I did for shorts? I have pretty skinny, long legs, so all maternity shorts look ridiculous on me... LOL. I went to the Goodwill and/or consignment shop and found really good-fitting jeans... didn't matter if they were too short. I made them all into bermuda shorts! I can roll them up or keep them down and frayed (cut off long ends). I love the look, and I'm stoked I only spent $7 per pair! :D

#113 of 114 Old 03-31-2011, 07:33 AM

Reyanna - Nice to meet you!   I'm going to try your suggestion and look for regular pants at goodwill. I'm short so I think the really low rise pants or shorts in bigger size might work on me.   I'm due in early July, so excited to have a summer baby :)  we did not find out the gender. 

I think parental nesting has kicked into high gear. Our to-do list for the next 2 months, We are painting our bedroom, which meant moving all of our bedroom furniture into what will be the nursery.  We're CRAZY!!!  Paint our bathroom (which has mold issues that need to be treated). Of course I won't be painting or doing any of the prep work because of the dust and toxins.  So my list is to start our vegetable garden, mulch the flower beds, decorate the nursery.  and grow a baby!!!  :)   I'm hoping my energy continues into the third trimester.  But once it's all done, hopefully by June we can put our feet up with a cold glass of tea and a beer for the hubby and relax for a few weeks before the baby comes!  My husband's 30th birthday is June 22. 

I'm relating to everyone who has been on a spring shopping spree!  I was given a bunch of maternity clothes from friends but everything is large or extra large, too big for me, so I am taking most of it to a clothing swap in a few weeks, hopefully I will find some small sizes. I've been scouring thrift stores for maternity pants and shorts. Did anyone else notice all maternity tops seem to have these strings that tie around the back, hate that.  

My best friend and mom are planning my baby shower. I have alot of angst about registering...  I felt peer pressure from my friend who said I had to register like I would fail at being a good little pregnant lady if I didn't.  I'll admit I did NOT enjoy it. I did most of it on online at Amazon.com. and a little at babysrus. We have a small house and live pretty simply so we tried to register for essentials we would need for the first 6 months.  I have been asking friends to look for stuff second hand so we can borrow it as we need it, like a swing, bouncer, play contraptions. I did not register for clothing because I figured people would just buy what they thought was cute or on sale and once the baby is born we will be bombarded with pink or blue anyway.  I have found that is SO hard to find gender neutral clothing at the big box stores that is not pastel or has words on it. Husband is very against clothing that says anything like daddy's little helper or mommy's princess.  I've been looking at thrift stores and consiment sales for clothing that suits our taste.  I LOVE second hand stores. 

It has been very easy to get caught up in all the shopping and consuming related to a new baby, but I have been trying re-focus my energy on planning our homebirth. Making sure I stay physically healthy with diet and exercise and mentally with our Bradley childbirth classes, yoga and reading positive birth stories and holistic books about baby care and development.  When I get worked up about who is going to buy us stuff or if we will have all the stuff we need, I think about how much we already love our baby so much and relax and enjoy the amazement of growing another life and embracing the changes happening to my body.  Love watching the baby move around in my belly in the evening, it's like I'm trying to play with it by pushing around making it kick :) I love it!

Mom to Brodrick born on the 4th of July , 7/4/11.    h20homebirth.gif   nocirc.gif fuzmalesling.gif familybed1.gif Love my husband of 3 years.   treehugger.gif Workin' mamma looking for a way out of the corporate world.

#114 of 114 Old 03-31-2011, 11:03 AM

ebegreen - what you said about registering is exactly what I've been thinking! I have a small registry list on Amazon and one on cottonbabies.com for diaper supplies. But otherwise, I'm trying not to let large pieces of equipment get into our house. Between the two of us, plus 2 cats, a baby and a bunch of big baby contraptions - it would be too much for 720 sq. ft.! So far the only baby stuff I've bought is about $12 worth of secondhand clothes at consignment sales... My sister's daughter was born last July, so she's got a lot of season-appropriate clothes I can comb through, and I know people love to buy clothes, so I didn't register for any either.

My mom is just itching for us to get the crib so she & Dad can come down and help us move furniture around, but I just haven't found the right one, you know? I'm a procrastinator though - the last few weekends I've been doing yardwork instead of looking for baby stuff.

On the growing belly front, I had some luck at Goodwill last weekend - found a couple pairs of pants and a dress (stretchy, non-maternity) plus some BeBand leggings. Our Macy's has Motherhood clothes now, so I check their sale rack occasionally. Still haven't bit the bullet on nursing bras though. Fortunately, when I lost a bunch of weight about 1 1/2 years ago, I kept my larger-sized bras "just in case" and I've been able use those.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page