First Time Moms-To-Be Club - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 114 Old 12-06-2010, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is a place for talking about the new experiences we're having during our pregnancy. To share all the goods and bads of the next 9 months and beyond!

The First Time Moms-To-Be Club

Joanna in PA: EDD 7/1/2011
rostmonkey: EDD 7/2/2011
ebegreen: EDD 7/5/2011
SaraJaneM: EDD 7/5/2011
Mama Metis: EDD 7/6/2011
PinkPostIt: EDD 7/7/2011
susankbj: EDD 7/8/2011
CLH_X3: EDD 7/11/2011
Katie8681: EDD 7/11/2011
KrisInDenmark: EDD: 7/11/2011
matte: EDD 7/11/2011
mamasmith: EDD 7/15/2011
mugglesmom: EDD: mid - July
mrsbernstein: EDD 7/17/2011
boater: EDD 7/19/2011
Maiiven: EDD 7/26/2011
LivingSky: EDD 7/26/2011
AmyDSG: EDD 7/27/2011
HawaiinBlesing: EDD 7/28/2011
opus: EDD 7/28/2011
narleegates: EDD 7/29/2011
yell: EDD 7/30/2011
meander: EDD 7/31/2011

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#2 of 114 Old 12-06-2010, 06:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mama Metis: Yep, that was the problem I was having too. It wasn't that I couldn't fit my clothes, they were just so darned uncomfortable around the waist. I got clothes from Motherhood Maternity and the pants don't look or feel like maternity clothes. They're great! I got a pair of jeans and two pairs of dress pants, so that should get me through for quite a while. When I'm home on the farm I can wear yoga pants, I just needed something to wear out!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

#3 of 114 Old 12-06-2010, 06:49 AM

I'm a first-timer!  EDD 7/17/11  :-)

So far, I haven't gained an ounce...and even though all my jeans still "fit", when I'm sitting in the car, they are REALLY uncomfortalbe!  And last night at a restaraunt...I actually unbuttoned them!

MrsB

#4 of 114 Old 12-06-2010, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter

I think it's not really weight gain yet, just bloating. I feel kind of like I normally would feel right before AF arrives - bloated and uncomfortable, but not really any heavier. But I figure it's better to give the baby lots of room to grow! Wouldn't want to cramp it in at all :) :)

WELCOME mrsbernstein! You've been added to the list! I saw in the other thread that you've been TTC for a while. I'm so glad you're here with us now! TTC is such a difficult journey, especially when it takes longer than we want or expect it to.

Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months, and bouncing babies in July!

#5 of 114 Old 12-06-2010, 04:00 PM

Hello new mamas!  What a wonderful journey we are beginning!  My EDD is 7/27/11.

We met with our midwife today and both DH and I left on cloud 9.  And last Friday we heard and saw the heartbeat.  heartbeat.gif

I'm still trying not to get my hopes up too high, but I'm already in love with the little blob!   I have watched the video over and over!

I've been having lots of anxiety dreams but my midwife says that's good as my body is getting rid of the worry some how!

How is everyone else feeling?

#6 of 114 Old 12-07-2010, 07:23 AM

Can I be added?

EDD 11/07/2011

WOO

Congrats everyone energy.gif

I dont really feel much diff, not put on any weight so all good! jumpers.gif

0******8***12***16***20***24***28***32** * 36***40
#7 of 114 Old 12-07-2010, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome AmyDSG and CLH_X3! Glad to have you with us!!

Amy, I'm with you on getting your hopes up. I decided right away that I was NOT going to treat the pregnancy as if something bad is going to happen! I'm going to enjoy every minute of pregnancy and I'm going to assume that everything will go smoothly :) Why worry? If something is going to go wrong, I can't change that. I know it's easier said than done, but that's my philosophy smile.gif

#8 of 114 Old 12-09-2010, 04:11 PM

Hi guys....can I join too? My new EDD is 7/31/11.

I was feeling awfully wary after 2 losses this year, but I saw a little beating heart today, so I've made up my mind to finally, really embrace this pregnancy. I'm not out of the woods risk-wise, but the odds just got a little bit better. So, here I am. :)

Mama to Alaric, my beautiful rainbow1284.gif -- born 4 weeks early on 7/3/11 at 7lb4oz.

#9 of 114 Old 12-09-2010, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Of course meander! You've been added :)

So, I'm quite jealous of all the ladies whose doctors actually do these early ultrasound things. My doctor has no interest in doing an ultrasound until we do the genetic screening at 12 weeks. Today she poked at my uterus a bit (ouch!) and said it's a good shape and size for how far along I am, but that's not the same as actually getting to SEE something! She did order a bunch of blood tests, for which I swear they took 8 vials of blood. I thought they were going to drain me dry!

Anyway, I also met with one of the midwives I'll be using today for the first time. I filled out a bunch of paperwork and asked a lot of questions. There's 5 midwives in the practice and I don't know yet which one will be my primary midwife, so I guess I'll find that out in a week or two when I meet up with them again. I'm excited!

How is everyone else doing?

#10 of 114 Old 12-09-2010, 06:41 PM

LivingSky, I only got the series of early ultrasounds because I had an episode of bright red bleeding that they worried could signal an ectopic...and I'm still diagnosed with 'threatened abortion' because of that. That means my insurance will cover all these scans when they wouldn't ordinarily--maybe one for dating purposes, but no more than that without 'reason'. I'm also on Prometrium which can mask a miscarriage, so that's always a worry.

On the other hand, I haven't had ANY physical examinations or bloodwork yet, other than an initial beta series. They'll do some of that next week, I think? I keep wondering if my uterus and cervix are behaving normally because they feel odd to me, but nobody wants to look--I'm sure I will have more than enough poking and prodding soon enough, though!

Mama to Alaric, my beautiful rainbow1284.gif -- born 4 weeks early on 7/3/11 at 7lb4oz.

#11 of 114 Old 12-10-2010, 07:27 PM

Hi hopeful mamas!  

I only had an ultrasound because our little one was conceived through an IUI and the Dr. does them EVERY month to check on things.  That's way too much if you ask me, but I wanted that first one for some reassurance.  We have since switched to a midwife and don't have another US planned until 20 weeks.

I have been exhausted already and SO unmotivated to do work.  I just want to think about baby all the time!joy.gif

#12 of 114 Old 12-15-2010, 03:07 AM - Thread Starter

AmyDSG: I've been completely exhausted too! Especially if I'm home by myself while DH is at work. I manage to stay awake for an hour or two at a time and then I crawl back in to bed! It's awful! I feel so lazy but all my body wants is sleep. Except for the nights that it wakes me up at 2:30am and won' let me go back to sleep. angry.gif

narleegates: Welcome! You've been added!

So, I found out that I have a UTI. Blech. No symptoms at all so I hadn't even noticed, but my doctor wants to treat it agressively with antibiotics. Double blech! I'm taking them though because I'm afraid of a kidney infection causing even more problems for the baby. But I know that down the road, any tiny thing that goes wrong with the baby (even like it getting a cold!) I'll blame myself for taking the antibioics.

Other than that, I go for my prenatal PAP tomorrow - ugg! Well hopefully it all gets better from here :)

How are you ladies feeling these days?

#13 of 114 Old 12-15-2010, 02:59 PM

LivingSky, so sorry about the UTI! As much as it sucks, you're totally right to take the antibiotics, UTIs are definitely not something you want to mess with during pregnancy. I am worried about UTIs myself. I'm prone to them anyway and I know pregnancy makes you even more susceptible. I have to remember to drink water! I've been taking cranberry pills for the past few days - hopefully that will help.

I have my first ultrasound on Friday for the genetic screen. Hopefully they'll give me a picture of the blob to take home. :) The only other ultrasound I am planning on is the 20 week anatomy scan, just to check on the bean - not planning on finding out the gender.

Sorry in advance if this is TMI, but I have discovered that I can feel my uterus when we DTD. Crazy! It's the first real outward sign of pregnancy I've noticed besides uncomfortable jeans. ROTFLMAO.gif

Metis, partner to a peaceful soul, mothering DD born July '11

#14 of 114 Old 12-15-2010, 03:12 PM

Living Sky....what a bummer about the UTI they are so not fun.  Not a whole lot changing here.  Still no morning sickness (knocking on wood).  I'm feeling all kinds of bloated too but just creeping up into a bigger size pant.  Had a dating u/s today and got to see the little bean with the nice beating heart--it was so reassuring.  I was starting to believe that I wasn't pregnant.  My only symptoms have been mild fatigue, bigger boobs, and a really short fuse.

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#15 of 114 Old 12-15-2010, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Oh I'm so jealous you ladies get to see the heartbeat! LOL I'm thinking in hindsight I should have told my doctor I didn't know how far along I was an told her we needed a dating ultrasound :D Our genetic screening ultrasound is January 10th. It seems like forever away!

UTI: In some ways I wish I was actually having symptoms of the UTI. It would make me feel a bit better about the antibiotics, if that makes any sense. Of course if I had symptoms, I'd be tempted to self treat with cranberry pills and juice and see if the symptoms went away. With no symptoms I pretty much have to take the meds or I'll never know if I actually got rid of it. *pout*

HawaiianBlesing: No real morning sickness here either yet. But, the last little bit I've had an odd, not-quite-nauseous-but-almost-thee feeling, just hovering below the surface. Not enough to say "I feel sick" but kind of like my body is thinking about being sick. It's wierd and a bit hard to describe. I do start feeling truly nauseous if I go too long without eating. And the food cravings have started. I texted DH the other day and made him bring me home a jar of pickles and ate the whole jar redface.gif

#16 of 114 Old 12-19-2010, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter

Just checking in with you ladies!

How are things going? Crazy food cravings? Morning sickness? Any upcoming doctor/OB/MW appointments?

#17 of 114 Old 12-20-2010, 10:30 AM

We got to see the babe on ultrasound last week (genetic scan). It was really exciting, and I do feel like it helped us bond with him/her. He/she looked like a real baby and moved a lot, hiccupped, etc. Everything looked great. I have my second mw apppoinment later this week. I am going to ask all my homebirth-related questions, since we are strongly leaning toward a homebirth right now. I will be 12 weeks later this week! We haven't told people yet, so I'm really excited to do that.

Have a great week everyone!

#18 of 114 Old 12-27-2010, 07:10 PM

you can take me off the list I lost my babe yesterday.

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#19 of 114 Old 12-28-2010, 09:42 AM

I'm so so sorry, Tank. Wishing you peace.

#20 of 114 Old 12-29-2010, 09:46 AM

hi all, i'm back after finishing an insanely busy semester and getting thru xmas with a nasty head-cold AND mega-nausea!  nice to see what everyone's been up to, and so sad about tank. 

last week when i hit 12 weeks exactly, we saw the little creature on ultrasound, and it's got all its parts.  it was moving around like crazy-- so amazing!!  i'm creeping into the second trimester, thank g*d!  i have been nauseous EVERY SINGLE DAY (and night) for nearly 2 months and i am SOOO looking forward to having a real appetite and not feeling like i have the flu all the time.  i'm busting out of all my pants-- got a pair of heidi klum leggings for $20 at motherhood mat. and i wear them almost every day--i think i might need to buy a couple more but i'm trying to resist all the crazy consumerism that goes along with north american pregnancy!!  anyone workin' a bella band yet?  i think i want to get one, but the problem with me is i'm one of those old punk rockers whose jeans are all "skinny" so i'm not sure it'll help me much as the hips and thighs expand with the belly... i'm thinking about "jeggings," but the word scares me!  my fashion sensibilities might move from punk slightly toward hippie during pregnancy and early motherhood!  comfort first!! treehugger.gif

re: cravings, it's mostly total AVERSIONS for me.  i'm dreaming of eating a cheeseburger as soon as i get an appetite (and i'm mostly vegetarian, but i have not had animal protein in months and i feel the craving!)  for now, i eat a ton of apples, potatoes, carrots, bagels, hummus, pickles, grapes, and oranges... oh and plain cheese pizza.  but mostly just apples.  lots of apples.  i'm thinking with my fancy vitamins i'm going to be OK.  had my first big salad last week and it was delicious, but when i recreated it the next day i could barely stomach it!  salad is my favorite!  i miss greens more than almost anything else!!

had first incident of majorly unwanted advice from mother-in-law (who is lovely but SO pushy) who insists on an OB hospital birth which enrages me.  mostly because she insisted about 100x in a 2-day period.  i'm trying to come up with creative and respectful ways to say I DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT THIS.  my home birth pals warned me not to talk about it with people but SHEESH.  i'm actually thinking i'm going to shoot for a birthing center in a hospital w a midwife -- the same place featured on the movie business of being born!  my regular OB is great but she's part of the columbia univ. system which has highest c-section rate in NY and they don't have midwives... no thank you!  and i live in student housing which strictly forbids home births.  i'd ignore the rule except i used to work in the housing office!  my mom had 2 (unnecessary, i believe) c-sections in the 70s and i'm just paranoid they're gonna try and cut me because i'm 36 and have fibromyalgia. but for those reasons i think i'd also be more comfortable in a birthing center in a hospital just in case i need anything... else.  over winter break i'm going to read all the ina mae gaskin i can, do prenatal yoga, and swim!  i really want a healthy, natural pregnancy and birth, and i pray that i won't need any major interventions!!

woo, sorry, that was long, i just haven't been on here in forever.  wishing everyone a lovely new year!! stillheart.gif

#21 of 114 Old 12-30-2010, 04:18 AM - Thread Starter

tank: I'm so sorry :(

SaraJaneM: Oh no, being sick AND nauseous over the holidays can't be a fun time! That sucks. I hope you start feeling better soon. But congrats for finishing your semester :)

If I were in your position with your MIL, I would be tempted to tell her that if she doesn't like your choices, to please keep her opinion to herself. Or alternately, ask your DH to talk to her about it. I know my MIL isn't thrilled with our choice but thankfully she just tells her opinion to DH. She knows I'm not interested in hearing it. DH and I have an agreement - he handles his mom and I handle mine :) It works out well! I think he just doesn't want me making his mom angry :D

Things are quiet around here, it's been a pretty mellow holiday season. Just the way I like it! I'll be seeing the midwife for our first private appt on Jan 4th and then our NT scan ultrasound on Jan 10th. SO excited to see our little bean for the first time!!

#22 of 114 Old 01-06-2011, 02:34 PM

Please add me, too. EDD 7/11/11!

Finally come out of the nausea and exhaustion that was first trimester. I swear I've never been so tired in my life.

Ok, hi everybody!

#23 of 114 Old 01-07-2011, 05:07 AM - Thread Starter

matte: You have been added! Welcome smile.gif

I changed it from a monthly thread so that I don't have to keep remembering (or forgetting, which seems more common) to make ad each month! There hasn't been a lot of posting so I think this thread should do us until July/August orngbiggrin.gif

How is everyone feeling? I'm getting nervous, we have our NT scan scheduled for Monday. We'll finally get to see the baby! It feels like I've been pregnant forever and never gotten to see or hear the baby. I sometimes wonder if it's actually real or if I'm just suddenly getting fatter/more bloated LOL.

#24 of 114 Old 01-07-2011, 07:21 AM

I would like to be added please!!!  EDD 7/15/11! 

LivingSky, you will be sooo moved when you see the baby!  We saw ours at 8 weeks.  It was a cute little gummy bear  :) 

Overall, I'm starting to feel great!  My energy is returning and my queasiness is easing.  The only negative side effect of pregnancy that I'm having is headaches... pretty much everyday.  I need to get some peppermint oil!!!

I'm so happy for all of you!  Happy Pregnancy!

#25 of 114 Old 01-07-2011, 06:51 PM

Hi all! I'm finally back from the crazy holiday traveling (we visited EVERYONE this year...so next year we don't have to. I hope!) and maybe, just maybe, have caught up a little on sleep. I am still so, so exhausted every single day; every time I do anything strenuous, like washing a dish or brushing my teeth, I have to take a nap. It was really hard on my body trying to be sociable and awake every single day for normal people hours. Plus the minimal m/s I had is getting gradually worse. This week so far I'm only good for about 2 hours awake and functional at a time, maybe 3 times a day, if I'm lucky. I'm also sucking at drinking enough water to avoid headaches because I can't drag myself out of bed to refill my cup. (Which is slightly sad.) DH is being very patient with me, thank goodness.

But....I'm NOT complaining, because hey, I am STILL PREGNANT at 10w5d, (woohoo!) ... but I would be pretty happy to trade in the fatigue for some new symptoms!

My Christmas present from the little one, incidentally, was my belly popping. All my pants (and I was already down to 3 pairs....) stopped buttoning AND zipping overnight. Good times when living out of a suitcase! I shipped half my clothes home unworn, and bought a cheap-o pair of maternity jeans the next day. They are really too loose yet, but they are warmer than the leggings which now are my wardrobe, and thankfully I brought with me. I've got plans to hit up Old Navy soon, while they still have winter stock. I had no idea it could happen that fast...or what exactly is taking up all that room; I can't feel my fundus yet, so I'm pretty sure it's not all uterus!

I'm struggling with anxiety as to whether all is going well in there, but right now, I'm too tired to be *too* anxious. I can't wait to see or hear the heartbeat again....nothing else seems to reassure me.

Posting is hard work. I need another nap.

#26 of 114 Old 01-07-2011, 07:13 PM

Meander~  I hope you are like me and one day you will wake up with most of your energy back!  It happened about a week ago when I was just starting my 12th week.  It's SO nice to do stuff again!  We even went hiking on New Years Day!  Craaaazy!  BTW- where are you in NC?  I lived in Raleigh for a while and will probably be moving back soon. 

#27 of 114 Old 01-08-2011, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

mamasmith: Welcome! You have been added smile.gif

meander: Welcome back from all your travels! I can't imagine having to travel and be social with how exhausted I've been. Good for you for pushing through it but I'm happy you get a chance to rest and recover now! I was worried when we didn't hear from you for so long. That sounds a bit stalkerish, doesn't it? redface.gif I just worry since we were in the TTC boards together so I feel just as invested in YOUR due date as mine! lol.gif

mamasmith: I hope I wake up and get all my energy back too! lol.gif I'm 11w4d so hopefully soon. 2 days left until our first ultrasound. I can't wait and I'm SO nervous.

Our good news for the week - my dad has decided that me commuting 100's of kilometers a day, in our winter weather cold.gif, in my old beatup truck with no heat, is not good enough or safe enough for his grandbaby-to-be. So he cosigned a loan for a new car and is footing half the monthly payments for it, so I have something safe and reliable to drive. Yesterday I brought home my new lime squeeze Ford Fiesta! joy.gif It is this awesome obnoxious green color and I absolutely adore it. Plus the money I will save on gas from commuting in my truck will pay for the car payment AND the insurance. My truck got about 11 MPG, the Fiesta is rated for 55 MPG (though will probably get more like 45). joy.gif I'm so excited about it, all I want to do is go drive around.

#28 of 114 Old 01-08-2011, 05:53 PM

Living Sky - congrats on the new wheels!!! You are going to have a blast seeing the babe on Monday. It really looks like a baby at this stage.

Meander - I just "popped" too. Like today. I'm 14w and I feel like the belly ligaments are really starting to streeeetch.

I have two pregnancy-related New Years resolutions - 1) to drink more water. I'm sure I'm not even close to the recommended daily intake - gotta work on that! and 2) Go to my prenatal yoga class (and probably an extra regular yoga class per week.) Anybody else????

#29 of 114 Old 01-09-2011, 06:32 PM

Can I be added please?  I'm due mid July, no exact due date yet...

I'm really excited about the babe but sooo tired I hardly have the energy to enjoy it yet.  I can't wait for the 2nd trimester when it's supposed to get a little better, hopefully.  I keep joking to my hubby that being pregnant is sort of like being hungover, I'm nauseous, tired and headachey  wild.gif

On the up side, I am starting to show so I don't look quite like the bloated frat boy I was looking like a couple of weeks ago.  Now it's really starting to feel real for me and the hubby.

#30 of 114 Old 01-10-2011, 04:42 AM - Thread Starter

mugglesmom: Welcome, you have been added smile.gif

Mama Metis: Mine was to get a prenatal yoga DVD and start doing that 3 days a week (I want to work up to 5 days a week but starting slow!). I ordered the DVD yesterday so now just waiting for it to arrive! I would love to go to yoga classes but I'm 45 minutes away from the closest one, and there's no way I'd have the energy to drive in to town and back home again after a long workday. So for now, I'll stick to my DVD at home, and then once the weather warms up (in April I hope) I'm going to start walking.

AFM: Today is ultrasound day! My alarm was set for 7am but I woke up at 5:30 and was too nervous to go back to sleep. So now I have to wait it out. The ultrasound is 4 hours from now. It will be a lot easier to believe that we're really pregnant and everything is going ok after we see the baby!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page