Gender Guessing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-08-2010, 12:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I thought it would be fun if all the moms here post the hunch they have about the baby's gender. So often I have heard mothers just know. I would love to find out if a majority really knows or if the chances are the same as pure guessing.

Once I had gone through a girl and a boy pregnancy, I was sure my third was a boy. And I was right.

This time I have boy symptoms again and although a girl would be nice for a change I am thinking

BOY  (and I was 100% right!)

What about you?

Barbara, Mama to Isabel (06/2004), Jake (08/2006-03/2007), Noah (01/2008), and Matteo (07/2011) 
Please always research the safety of vaccines even if your doctor tells you they are harmless! novaxnocirc.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2010, 01:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have no idea.  I've had 2 boys, so it's hard to imagine anything else.  I can think of reasons why I honestly really really want another boy, and why I really really want a girl!  So, I'll be totally thrilled either way at the birth smile.gif

DH predicted boy with my last pregnancy, at 5 weeks.  This time he says girl.  I have ZERO intuition.  Only bloat ROTFLMAO.gif

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
Old 12-08-2010, 05:03 AM

I have no guess either. I keep trying to pay attention to the pronoun I use to describe the baby when I'm not thinking about it, but I switch back and forth between He and She. Maybe I'll have an opinion later on. Or maybe it's fraternal twins. Who knows :)

DH thinks it's a girl. He's 100% positive of it. This is our first and I think he just wants a daughter to dote on :)

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

Old 12-08-2010, 06:08 AM

I think I'm having a girl! God knows the desire's of your heart and I do desire a girl! :D

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

Old 12-08-2010, 06:24 AM

With my first I KNEW it was a boy - and it was. With my second I KNEW it was a girl, I even bought girls things. Then it wasn't!!

I suspect this one is a boy, but I've learned I can be really wrong :lol:

I'm thinking I don't want to find out the gender before hand this time, but I'm not a patient person, so we'll see!

Crystal

mom to two boys (9/19/98) (8/24/03) and soon to be # 3 (7/2/11)

Old 12-08-2010, 07:49 AM

I have 3 boys. I really thought the 2nd was a girl. This time I a assuming boy again since we have 3 already. I know this is my last baby and I would really like it to be a girl (and everyone keeps saying it is a girl) but I would be perfectly happy to have 4 boys. My dh wants another boy. We don't find out gender so it will be  long wait...

AP crunchy homeschooling mama to Henning (1/4/03), Connor (7/1/05) and Elijah (9/21/08) Forever holding my 3 lost little ones in my heart.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:40 AM

With my first, I didn't really have any feeling about it, but wasn't really surprised when I found out she was a girl.  My second I was sure was a boy, but we had girl.  My third I was convinced was a girl (based on my chart and the timing of bd, 4 days before o), he is a boy!  With my fourth I was sure I was having a girl, as the pregnancy was much more like my girl pregnancies, he's a boy:).  This time I'm thinking boy, based on my chart, so we shall see.  There is a chiropractor/accupuncturist in town that has correctly predicted each of my last three kids, she says she can tell by feeling my pulse and that she can feel the babies as well, anyway, I'm scheduled to see her next week.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:49 AM

Through all my pregnancies (not including one that was an early miscarriage), I have been totally certain in my gut of gender of the babies.  And I have yet to be wrong. I am convinced without a doubt that this is a girl.  Wow, am I going to feel foolish if its a boy! 

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
Old 12-08-2010, 08:56 AM

We have three daughters we truly adore. I'm lost on what this one is. The only one I have guessed right was our second and it was just joking then. I really have no clue with any, but with the last one I was totally set on it was a boy and she was all girl. So who knows. I'm assuming this one will be a girl since it seems as though we're "girl producers," but a boy would be nice too. We don't really care as long as the baby's healthy.

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:14 AM

We haven't found out until birth with any of our kids so it's a lot of fun to try and guess. With DS we just knew he was a boy, didn't even pick out a girl name. With DD the ultrasound tech slipped and said "son" at the end of the ultrasound. We pretended like we didn't hear it and planned for either, deep down I knew we needed to have some girl names on hand. I was shocked when I looked down and saw girl parts after she was born. This time around I'm not really sure, I'll be happy with either as always.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Old 12-08-2010, 12:14 PM

We have 2 DD's and w/DD#2 we didn't find out the sex, I had a hunch she was a she, DD#1 knew it was a she...we also had a weird incident at my baby shower...

The cake was ordered by my sister, i didn't know what it would be except it matched the theme (pea in a pod, greens/yellows). It turned out to be a lovely cake with a baby tucked in a blanket of frosting. When we were prepping to cut the cake I pulled the baby out of the frosting, revealing it's PINK outfit jaw2.gif. My sis was guessing a boy so I know she didn't order it on purpose! Everyone was convinced it was a sign, and we would have a girl..which we did. The ultrasound tech also accidentally mentioned "she" once during one of my NST's towards the end of the pregnancy (ordered because our LO was tachychardic).

My only reasoning for guessing boy is how different this pregnancy is (nausea, lack of VERY tender boobs, exhaustion, etc).

As PP's stated above I'll be happiest w/a healthy LO to add to the mix, boy or girl. And as with out last pregnancy, we will NOT be finding out the sex. It's the best suprise in the world! love.gif

winner.jpgFormer WIC Peer Breastfeeding Counselor (2005-2011) now SAHM to bouncy.gif DD (8/2003), thumbsuck.gif DD (8/2008homebirth.jpg ), mate to jammin.gif since 07/2000. Expecting Baby Roo Mid July 2011!  stork-suprise.gifcd.gif

Old 12-08-2010, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I don't get hunches about these things, but I'm going say BOY based solely on timing, even though I know people say Shettles has been discounted.  =D

Perfection would be twins, though.  Boy boy or boy girl.  I really would love for my little guy to have a brother, and I'd love to have three kids, but I do not do pregnancy well!

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)
Old 12-08-2010, 02:09 PM

I am SO MUCH sicker this time than I was with my first pregnancy, and I hear that can indicate a boy?  Suffice to say, I hope not!  I sorta wanted another daughter.  We're mostly girls in my family, and DD would love a sister... so I am gonna guess GIRL just because it's what I'm crossing my fingers for!

Charlotte, mommy to Maggie (July 15th 2008) and Una (July 19th 2011)!
Old 12-08-2010, 03:50 PM

If I had to say, I'd say boy at this moment because I am constantly nauseous as I was with my first two dc (both boys) but not constantly throwing up as I was with my 3rd (my dd). I'd kind of like a girl because it would make it easier for room sharing and clothing hand-me-downs. I'll be thrilled with either, though!

Old 12-08-2010, 05:21 PM

I'm feeling GIRL mostly because of when I ovulated in relation to when we DTD but also because I had a dream I was looking down and holding pink baby shoes next to a really big belly. I' completely thrilled either way. My daughter will have a sister and I have another sweet girl, or I can have that special boy relationship I have heard about and my DD gets a baby brother. She has no desire either way either. She just keeps saying, "you never know what you're gonna get"!.  :)

Tracy, mama to Mia Elizabethhearts.gif10~4~06 and Baby Ava Elise baby.gif 8~6~11

Old 12-09-2010, 07:11 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am thinking GIRL this time. I would love to have alittle girl but I think DS having a little brother would be so cool. I felt boy with DS so I am hoping to be correct. I am not patient so this wait is tough!

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
Old 12-09-2010, 07:26 AM

I'm thinking girl (based mostly off symptoms and intiution), but wanting another boy.  Everyone is like "Oooh you need to have a girl!!!"  but I think having two boys would be really fun.  However, I also think that a little girl would be great for my husband.  My son is such a mama's boy, that it would be nice for DH to have a daddy's girl.  Either way - I'll be happy. 

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

Old 12-09-2010, 08:04 AM

I don't know. Despite the fact I am incredibly in tune with my body, I have never known the gender ahead of time. Never had any intuition. Nothing. I'll take a shot at it though, now that I have a little experience under my belt having had 2 girls and 1 boy. My symptoms are strangely similar to the ones I had with my girls, so I'll just throw it out there and say GIRL

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

Old 12-09-2010, 08:49 AM

I'm going with "girl."  I had a really vivid dream that I was holding a brand new baby girl, and my nausea this time around is markedly different than it was with my son.

When I was pregnant with my son, I had a dream where I saw him as a grown man coming home to visit from college for Thanksgiving.  So I wasn't surprised at all when the u/s tech said he was a boy.  I also somehow knew he'd be "big and early," and he was a 34-weeker who weighed almost 6 pounds.  Go figure.

As a statistician, though, I'm still willing to ascribe the gender stuff at least to 50/50 chance.

Mom to DS (3) and a new baby!  Geeked to be married to my love love.gif

Old 12-09-2010, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

With DS, I knew he was going to be a boy.  I always referred to him as "he," in all my dreams, he was a boy, we could only agree on boy names, etc.  This time, my intuition isn't as strong.  We can only agree on girl names, and DH & I have both been referring to the baby as a "she," and according to the timing of BDing & O, it *should* be a girl, but in all my dreams, it's been a boy, so I guess time will tell!  But if I had to guess, I'd probably say girl.

Loving life with DH DS1 (5/7/09) and DS2 (7/23/11)
Old 12-09-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieCo View Post

I think I'm having a girl! God knows the desire's of your heart and I do desire a girl! :D

LOL!  He might make you wait another baby or two though.  I thought the same thing when I was pregnant with my 3rd (wanted a boy desperately) but God knew what we needed at that time, and apparently it was another girl.  We did get a boy for our 4th though.

For me, I have pretty close to zero intuition.  The only one I was right on was our 4th, I knew he was a boy.  But I thought others were boys and was wrong all the other times.  Of course, I think this ones a boy too.  But who knows.  I'm pretty bad at this game.  I keep referring to the babe as "he" unconsciously, but that could just be because my last one was a boy and I've gotten used to that.  I also have a boy name picked and feel like this baby fits that.  I haven't even given consideration to girl names.  And my oldest talked about her new baby brother that was coming a week before I found out I was pregnant.  Given all those factors, I'll be surprised if this one is not a boy, but I'd be happy with another girl.  I really don't care too much one way or the other this time.  I think it'd be nice to have another boy since they'll only be 18 months apart, but if it's a girl, I'm sure they'll be very close still.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
Old 12-09-2010, 04:27 PM

I really really think this one is a girl because I feel differently than I did last time. It may be because I really want a girl,and not because I have any sort of intuition or anything.

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

Old 12-10-2010, 01:49 PM

With the first two, we thought girls.  I had great skin, thick hair...  For DD2, we only 1/2way had a boy name picked out.  DD1 had a neutral name but we would have had to change the middle name.  We did have a u/s with both of them.  With DS, we didn't have a u/s, but I knew from the beginning that he was different.  I gained weight mainly in my belly and with the girls, I gained more all over.  Not that 50+ with each isn't all over anyway... Plus, my hair kept falling out and my skin was bad and dark hairs grew in more places than they usually do.  blush.gif

I'm thinking boy this time because the same things are happening.  Bad skin, only showing in belly, loosing some hair and gaining other hair.  LOL!  Every thought is "he," so I hope so.  DH wants a u/s this time, so who knows what will happen regarding that.  It drove him nuts to not know with DS.

Lisa (39), DH (51), SDS (29), DD (8/29/01), DD (8/22/03), DS (8/3/06), an angel named Xan angel1.gif, who went home on 12/18/10 and now a new bundle of joy due 05/24/13 stork-suprise.gif.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm thinking boy this time. 

My first (DD) I didn't have a clue, didn't matter either way. DH said boy, my grandma said girl....grandma was right and we still joke about it today! We didn't find out gender before birth, so it was fun joking throughout the pregnancy.

My second (DS) I wasn't sure, and didn't want to be told gender at the u/s, just if we saw something that was fine, but we didn't want it confirmed. So, we thought we saw boy parts, actually we were pretty darn sure, but we never had it confirmed. We kept our suspicion a secret from everyone else and found out at the birth that we were correct!

My third (DS) I KNEW he was a boy. He died during pregnancy and was born still at 16 weeks. He was a boy. 

My fourth (current) as I said above, I'm thinking boy, but I'm not sure. I feel like with #2....acne like crazy!!! Ugh.

We do plan to have an anatomy u/s at about 20w, and I think we'll take the same stance as with #2...if we see something, fine, but don't confirm, and we'll find out at the birth! :) 

(Of course DD wants a sister and DS wants a brother lol.)

Michelle SAHM to K (3/2004)  H (8/2006) P (7/2011) & we're missing Finley Jonas born still, July 27, 2010 

Old 02-24-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigirl View Post

I'm going with "girl."  I had a really vivid dream that I was holding a brand new baby girl, and my nausea this time around is markedly different than it was with my son.

When I was pregnant with my son, I had a dream where I saw him as a grown man coming home to visit from college for Thanksgiving.  So I wasn't surprised at all when the u/s tech said he was a boy.  I also somehow knew he'd be "big and early," and he was a 34-weeker who weighed almost 6 pounds.  Go figure.

As a statistician, though, I'm still willing to ascribe the gender stuff at least to 50/50 chance.

I thought it would be fun to bump this old thread up, now that a lot of us have found out the baby's sex.  How did everyone else do?  My guess was girl, we found out yesterday that we're having another boy.  We're thrilled, of course, but I'm also really surprised!

Mom to DS (3) and a new baby!  Geeked to be married to my love love.gif

Old 02-24-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourist. View Post

I'm thinking girl (based mostly off symptoms and intiution), but wanting another boy.  Everyone is like "Oooh you need to have a girl!!!"  but I think having two boys would be really fun.  However, I also think that a little girl would be great for my husband.  My son is such a mama's boy, that it would be nice for DH to have a daddy's girl.  Either way - I'll be happy. 

Ha!  I was wrong.  I'm having a boy.  orngbiggrin.gif

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

Old 02-24-2011, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmevans View Post

I'm thinking boy this time. 

My first (DD) I didn't have a clue, didn't matter either way. DH said boy, my grandma said girl....grandma was right and we still joke about it today! We didn't find out gender before birth, so it was fun joking throughout the pregnancy.

My second (DS) I wasn't sure, and didn't want to be told gender at the u/s, just if we saw something that was fine, but we didn't want it confirmed. So, we thought we saw boy parts, actually we were pretty darn sure, but we never had it confirmed. We kept our suspicion a secret from everyone else and found out at the birth that we were correct!

My third (DS) I KNEW he was a boy. He died during pregnancy and was born still at 16 weeks. He was a boy. 

My fourth (current) as I said above, I'm thinking boy, but I'm not sure. I feel like with #2....acne like crazy!!! Ugh.

We do plan to have an anatomy u/s at about 20w, and I think we'll take the same stance as with #2...if we see something, fine, but don't confirm, and we'll find out at the birth! :) 

(Of course DD wants a sister and DS wants a brother lol.)

I think my initial guess of boy was leftover boy feelings from losing our DS at 16 weeks last July. In the beginning of this pregnancy, I felt iffy...kinda boy and girl feelings; then that turned into more of a girl feeling, and we found out yesterday that's what we are having, a girl. 

Michelle SAHM to K (3/2004)  H (8/2006) P (7/2011) & we're missing Finley Jonas born still, July 27, 2010 

Old 02-25-2011, 10:59 AM

I'm not finding our the gender but I want to get in on this gender guessing!  Last night I had my third boy dream.  I dreamed that my DH and I were at my dad's farm alone when I went into labor early and we both felt the head coming out so I knelt down and pushed very easily and we had a big ruddy faced boy!  My hubby and both remarked on how easy and pain-free it was.  So now I feel like it's for sure a boy and I'm hoping the birth goes exactly like the dream, quick and painless!  winky.gif

My DH still thinks it's going to be a girl.  That's what I wanted before we found out I was pregnant but now I'm kind of set on a little ginger boy like his papa!

Old 02-26-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelylisa View Post

I really really think this one is a girl because I feel differently than I did last time. It may be because I really want a girl,and not because I have any sort of intuition or anything.

It's a girl! And I'm totally psychic, I was just being modest in my last statement :D

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

Old 03-18-2011, 05:49 AM

Well just saw my previous reply when I was about 10 weeks and I predicted girl. Now, I am totally feeling BOY!! Saw our ultrasound yesterday, and while I didn't see any parts (we looked away at opportune times), the baby seems big (16oz) and I have had pretty strong boy vibes. My DH still says girl, as does my DD. It will be so awesome either way!

Tracy, mama to Mia Elizabethhearts.gif10~4~06 and Baby Ava Elise baby.gif 8~6~11

User Tag List