Have you also been diagnosed with SCH? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-09-2010, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

At 8w3d I experienced a massive bleed (a Saturday).  Having had an early miscarriage the cycle before, I of course assumed the worst (I did not experience any bleeding during my DD's pregnancy).  The bleeding eventually stopped a few hours later, but I have had constant spotting ever since.  An ultrasound at my OB on that Monday confirmed a heartbeat, and a more sensitive u/s on Wednesday revealed a subchorionic hematoma/hemorrhage, or SCH.  I am now 10w1d, and will not have another u/s for another 2 weeks, as I spot all day and night, not knowing how this is affecting my baby.  I am making this post to communicate with others who have/or who have had an SCH so that we can share our experiences (and perhaps discuss feeling like a ticking time bomb, not knowing if it will cause the worst, just simply go away, or something in between).

Mom to D-Dog (4/05), DD (9/08), and expecting a baby boy in July (edd 7/7/11).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2010, 03:14 PM

I had a SCH with DD2. It began at 8 weeks. I bled a massive amount and was sure I was miscarrying, but my OB ordered me to go to the ER where they found everything was okay. I was never formally diagnosed with a SCH, but it was mentioned. The spotting continued until I was 14 weeks and then stopped and never came back.

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:51 PM

*hugs* Ive never dealt with it personally, but a dear friend of mine did. She started bleeding a couple days after IVF so they assumed it didnt work, but it didnt and she bleed until 16 weeks. She's the proud mama of twin boy and girl now :)

Serena - married to Jason, mom to Sebastian (b.12.22.2008) and Poppy (b.07.07.2011) ♥

Old 12-09-2010, 07:26 PM

I'm glad you started this thread.  I have a SCH with this pregnancy and feeling like a "ticking time bomb" completely describes how I have been feeling.  It was diagnosed at 7wks 4 days after some light spotting, I spotted twice after that over the next 5 days.  After two losses this summer, I was sure I was going to miscarry, but I'm now 11wks 4 days and have already heard babies hb via doppler, so am hoping I'm in the clear.  The ob that did my u/s said that most resolve themselves.

User Tag List