Morning Sickness makes me... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-10-2010, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

...a bit*h!

I could tear people's head of for nothing. I feel that everyone stinks, shower gel stinks, deodorants stink, my laundry detergent stinks. And because of this I want no one around.

I get annoyed if people dare call me on the phone or if my husbands asks me why I sigh.

I do not like this person morning sickness makes me. Luckily I am sweet as sugar when I nurse!

Barbara, Mama to Isabel (06/2004), Jake (08/2006-03/2007), Noah (01/2008), and Matteo (07/2011) 
Please always research the safety of vaccines even if your doctor tells you they are harmless! novaxnocirc.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2010, 01:07 PM

I dont have any morning sickness, but I've been crabby lately too.  I think it's because I'm tired.  who knows but poor DH comes home and he says, did you have a rough day?  :)  I'm going for a walk now that it's not monsooning so maybe that'll help!

Jenica- Wife to R & mama to C 8/27/09, my little blonde bombshell and D 7/23/11, whom we love so much we gave him an extra chromosome      cd.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIF

Old 12-10-2010, 01:12 PM

Morning sickness makes me feel downright awful. I'm usually pretty energetic and peppy, but right now I'm just drained. It's a struggle to get out of bed each morning to go to work, get the two youngest to my grandparents and get the oldest to school.

I'm also pretty cranky and snappy with everyone in general. I'm usually a tolerant person, but right now, not so much.

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:21 PM

Morning sickness makes me feel grateful. I finally started getting it yesterday and I am so glad for it. It reassures me that my baby is still alive. I'll take all the morning sickness this baby can dish out as long as she stays alive.

(Edited to change, "hopeful" to "grateful".)

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 12-10-2010, 09:00 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I have a serious love/hate relationship with morning sickness.  It makes me happy to have it because I like the reassurance that things are going well, but my, I'm a grouchy person to be around right now. 

I made DH take a (second) shower the other day because I could smell his deodorant across the room...and he only used that particular one because usually, I love it.  Poor DH...he's such a good sport!  He did draw the line when I suggested ripping out the carpet in our (rented) apartment because I can smell everything we've cooked in the past 3 years of living here.

Loving life with DH DS1 (5/7/09) and DS2 (7/23/11)
Old 12-10-2010, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

no, here's the worst part...*I* smell.  like, my own darn armpits smell to me.  it's pathetic.

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)
Old 12-10-2010, 10:36 PM

Morning sickness makes me VERY eager to potty train my cloth diapered child. surrender.gif She's  gotten into this fun habit of pooing her diaper as we wait to pick up DD#1 from school...so after i change her poopy diaper/double bag it, the darn thing marinates my entire vehicle in poo smell by the time I return Only benefit is the lack of playdates at my house since DD#1 doesn't want her friends to suffer through the poo dipes. grossedout.gif

I did recently discover that the doggie poo bags are scented and mask the diapers somewhat.

Sorry to all my fellow M/S'ers, welcome to my world. wink1.gif Hope you all find relief soon!!

winner.jpgFormer WIC Peer Breastfeeding Counselor (2005-2011) now SAHM to bouncy.gif DD (8/2003), thumbsuck.gif DD (8/2008homebirth.jpg ), mate to jammin.gif since 07/2000. Expecting Baby Roo Mid July 2011!  stork-suprise.gifcd.gif

Old 12-13-2010, 06:22 AM

It makes me a total b*itch too...and the worst part is, I KNOW it while it is happening, and I can't stop it. It's like I'm possessed.

Inskedstar - ME TOO. I was thinking last week about writing a blog post about reasons m/s is worse with a toddler....and the CD poos are at the top. When are you thinking of training?

Wife to a wonderful man since June '04, mommy to a beautiful 3 year old son and 1 year old daughter.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:36 AM

Chiming in to say:  I had NO idea how much harder m/s would be with a toddler!  I don't have the energy to play with him like I usually do, and I miss him!  I also feel like he's spooked because his usual mom has been replaced with a lethargic mess.  It's such a hard time of year to be laid up, too.  I want him to have a purely joyful holiday season, and instead I feel like I'm messing it up by always having to say "No, dear, Momma needs to rest.  Go ask your Daddy for...."  I'm 8w6d, today.  And counting.  I feel so blessed for this pregnancy, but it is such a struggle to make it through each day right now.

Mom to DS (3) and a new baby!  Geeked to be married to my love love.gif

Old 12-13-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigirl View Post

Chiming in to say:  I had NO idea how much harder m/s would be with a toddler!  I don't have the energy to play with him like I usually do, and I miss him!  I also feel like he's spooked because his usual mom has been replaced with a lethargic mess.  It's such a hard time of year to be laid up, too.  I want him to have a purely joyful holiday season, and instead I feel like I'm messing it up by always having to say "No, dear, Momma needs to rest.  Go ask your Daddy for...."  I'm 8w6d, today.  And counting.  I feel so blessed for this pregnancy, but it is such a struggle to make it through each day right now.

No kidding!  I am in the same boat.  I have just been letting my son climb all over me and throw toys at me while I lie there on the floor.  And I feel guilty about turning on the TV sometimes but I'm doing the best I can every day.  I am 8w5d today, so we have very close EDDs!  January can't come fast enough!

Old 12-13-2010, 11:51 AM

I'm 11 weeks and pretty much in hell with the morning sickness. I am grateful that the baby is healthy and all but my 3 big kids have been on their own. My poor 8 yr old makes breakfast and lunch for everyone. I am SO tired of puking....

AP crunchy homeschooling mama to Henning (1/4/03), Connor (7/1/05) and Elijah (9/21/08) Forever holding my 3 lost little ones in my heart.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motray36 View Post

It makes me a total b*itch too...and the worst part is, I KNOW it while it is happening, and I can't stop it. It's like I'm possessed.

Inskedstar - ME TOO. I was thinking last week about writing a blog post about reasons m/s is worse with a toddler....and the CD poos are at the top. When are you thinking of training?

I'm thinking of begining the potty training in Jan or Feb. Ideally, I wish her to at least be partially out of diapers by the time the next LO arrives. I'll be transitioning from WAHM to SAHM sometime begining early next yr so I foresee more time to get the ball rolling. Hoping she is ready to take that big step and will be enlisting big sister for some "inspiration".

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigirl View Post

This is the first year I've been such a scrooge. irked.gif The holidays usually put me in such a great mood. But all it is envoking this year is anxiety and stress! I honestly can't wait til' it's over!!

winner.jpgFormer WIC Peer Breastfeeding Counselor (2005-2011) now SAHM to bouncy.gif DD (8/2003), thumbsuck.gif DD (8/2008homebirth.jpg ), mate to jammin.gif since 07/2000. Expecting Baby Roo Mid July 2011!  stork-suprise.gifcd.gif

Old 12-13-2010, 03:07 PM

Me too... and I am a high school teacher, which means that my 120 students don't know what became of their formerly nice teacher.  I can't wait until the second trimester so that I can at least tell them why I am acting like such a b*&ch...

Old 12-13-2010, 04:57 PM

This time is really hard for me as well. I have 3 kids ages 4, 2, and 1, so no one can care for themselves much. It really helps me to get up in the morning, choke down some protein rich food, drink a couple of glasses of water, and greet the day. I've been taking an afternoon nap, but I might have to stop that because it's so hard to get up and running again afterward. Only a few more weeks, right??

Sarah, Mom to Theo (8/06), Penny (1/08) and Felix 10/30) #4 due 07/11
Old 12-14-2010, 08:52 AM

Ugh. Right there with you all. I can't get within 5 feet or my hubby without us both holding our breaths, because after he eats anything with garlic I can smell it so strong for days! He brushes, flosses, gargles, but it doesn't matter. I still smell it.

And toddler dirty diapers are so. awful. to deal with. DD ate a metric ton of broccoli last night. I had to wrap a pair of pants around my face to make it through the diaper change this morning. lol!

SAHM to my toddler E 1/09, surviving HG for a surprise new bean due 7/11
Old 12-14-2010, 07:59 PM

Me too. I am absolutely miserable. It is so much harder this time around, as I have 2 other children to look after (they are 1 and 3). I am so tired of puking and feeling hungry and nauseous at the same time. Needless to say, I am not good company right now.

Tired mommy to a 2, 4, and 6 year old!

User Tag List