Can't find anything to eat - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-10-2010, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm hungry and mildly nauseous at the same time. I know I need to eat but can't find anything that appeals to me. I can't eat protein at all. I've tried but I just can't swallow it. I end up spitting it out. I don't even want sweets and I usually have a humongous sweet tooth. It's toast for breakfast, maybe an apple a little later. I did manage to eat a mini bagel with cream cheese but that's not much protein. I don't think I really had anything for lunch or dinner. Oh, yeah, I had a bowl of peanut butter flavored cereal. I tried to eat a half a peanut butter and jelly sandwich but I couldn't get it down. Sometimes I can drink hot chocolate. I have crackers and ginger snap cookies and ginger ale and ginger tea.

What do you all keep on hand to eat when nothing seems good?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-11-2010, 12:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm 7 weeks today, and not having too much nausea.  I have been eating so much food, though.  And mostly heavy carbs, so I'm feeling pretty chubby.  I get passing queasiness, and a feeling of "gross" a few times a day, but nothing that's keeping me from eating.  Just the opposite!

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
#3 of 3 Old 12-11-2010, 12:58 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am having a really hard time as well. Stuff that goes down well the first day does not work at all the second. I open the fridge and get grossed out by the smell. Vinegar or anything sour such as oj does not go down well for me. I am at the point where ginger sounds yucky.I eat scrambled eggs, oat meal, cucumber - cooked vegetables work well for me. 

I have heard that women have said that morning sickness is comparable in severity to the side effects of chemotherapy. I always think about that when I feel terrible, thinking that I know this will pass and it is for a good thing not a cancer (I know, strange thought).

Barbara, Mama to Isabel (06/2004), Jake (08/2006-03/2007), Noah (01/2008), and Matteo (07/2011) 
Please always research the safety of vaccines even if your doctor tells you they are harmless! novaxnocirc.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page