Can't find anything to eat - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 12-28-2010, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm still having a hard time, too. I have a major aversion to anything with protein. That's not a good thing because if I eat only fruit or veggies I get very nauseous. I think I'm driving my dh crazy. He tries so hard to make good dinners and I can't eat them. I manage to force myself to eat a few bites but that's it. Then I ask him to get out of bed late at night and get me something to eat because I feel sick from not eating. LOL I've still managed to gain a few pounds and my baby is growing perfectly.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#32 of 39 Old 12-28-2010, 06:18 PM

Today all I want is oranges- I got some really good organic ones at Trader Joe's yesterday but I already ate 3 today.  haha!  I have to save some for DH... we had a stir fry for dinner and although it was yummy, the thought of it now is making me queasy.  Nothing is appealing to me except those oranges!  There are 2 left.  yikes.  Maybe some OJ will satisfy me so I leave some oranges for DH. 

At least it isn't my usual junkfood craving, I suppose...

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#33 of 39 Old 12-29-2010, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I want really fresh foods, it seems.  Now, I want a veggie stir fry with teriyaki sauce (thanks maisiedotes) for dinner, but I feel bad for sending my husband to the market like DAILY because my tastes change so quickly!

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)
#34 of 39 Old 12-29-2010, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by javilu View Post

I feel bad for sending my husband to the market like DAILY because my tastes change so quickly!

Haha! I called my dh at work and told him to bring home something for me to eat that wouldn't make me sick. That's all I could come up with, nothing more specific.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#35 of 39 Old 12-29-2010, 06:18 PM

YES to Trader Joe's organic navel oranges! I've been eating 3-5 a day for the last 2 weeks. They've been all I want. And they settle my stomach after eating something else. My nausea does seem to have lessened significantly (thank God!) but the aversions are intense.  Can't eat meat either. Am finally wanting vegies which is a relief. And for some reason, when nothing sounds good, Barbara's Shredded Whole Grain cereal tastes good. And sometimes all I can eat are pickles. Bought 2 different jars at TJs. The guy looked at me funny 'cause that's all I bought. Grilled cheese w/ pickles and mayo and tomato soup has been this week's thing. Who knows what's next. When the nausea's really bad just remember the thing I read that said the worse the morning sickness, the higher the IQ of the child biggrinbounce.gif

#36 of 39 Old 12-29-2010, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I seem to only want really fresh foods like fruit and veg half the time, and super bland or processed foods the other half.  Or, rather, the only things I can convince myself to want are those things.  Most of the time, nothing sounds good and I have to convince myself that eating will help (and it usually does).

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)
#37 of 39 Old 12-30-2010, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by javilu View Post

I want really fresh foods, it seems.  Now, I want a veggie stir fry with teriyaki sauce (thanks maisiedotes) for dinner, but I feel bad for sending my husband to the market like DAILY because my tastes change so quickly!

Um... don't feel bad.  You have to not only go through morning sickness, aversions, cravings, loss of your figure, and sore boobs, but also labor and childbirth!!  Remind your DH of that if he dares to complain.  orngbiggrin.gif

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#38 of 39 Old 12-30-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmama31 View Post

YES to Trader Joe's organic navel oranges! I've been eating 3-5 a day for the last 2 weeks. They've been all I want. And they settle my stomach after eating something else. My nausea does seem to have lessened significantly (thank God!) but the aversions are intense.  Can't eat meat either. Am finally wanting vegies which is a relief. And for some reason, when nothing sounds good, Barbara's Shredded Whole Grain cereal tastes good. And sometimes all I can eat are pickles. Bought 2 different jars at TJs. The guy looked at me funny 'cause that's all I bought. Grilled cheese w/ pickles and mayo and tomato soup has been this week's thing. Who knows what's next. When the nausea's really bad just remember the thing I read that said the worse the morning sickness, the higher the IQ of the child biggrinbounce.gif

#39 of 39 Old 12-30-2010, 04:32 PM

DDCC! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

I took some Tums the other night because I felt sick but also bloated. It did help. I do get nauseous when I have indigestion/heartburn. I carried a bottle of antacid tablets everywhere I went when I was pg with ds3. I need to remember that more.

Try papaya enzymes.  They cleanse your palate a bit too, and help with the indigestion/heartburn.  And you can chew as many as you like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

I drink Powerade when I'm pg. I get horrible restless leg syndrome and the only thing that helps is Powerade. If I didn't drink it, I wouldn't get any sleep.

Last night I suddenly got a craving for Fritos and nacho cheese dip. I never eat Fritos. I'm not really wanting any this morning, though.

I go to sleep starving. I wake up in the middle of the night starving and can't get back to sleep. I finally got up around 5 am and ate an apple. After that, I was able to get back to sleep. Then I woke up feeling sick. LOL

I was glad for feeling sick this morning, though, because I didn't really feel sick yesterday and it got me worried. With my later miscarriage, my m/s went away around 7-8w and that's about when the baby died.

The starving thing -- it might be what's making you feel sick.  I keep a pile of snacks by my bedside at night.  Whatever I feel like.  A pile of pretzels, saltines, a cliff bar.  And a glass of water.  DH says he can hear me crunching all night like a hamster (and wants to know if he can get me a wheel too) but it's REALLY taken the edge off my ms.  

I force myself to eat a few bites before getting out of bed in the morning.  Then without breathing thru my nose, I make a piece of whole wheat toast with peanut butter and slice bananas on it.  I might only take 2 bites, but its SOMETHING.

Also, Cocoa Pebbles are really tasty.  I should know, I've had 3 bowls today.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page