the thread o' bizarre cravings - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 157 Old 02-02-2011, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Mustard.... now you're talkin'!  yummy.gif

Funny the one thing I couldn't have almost right from the start - that I used to have one of every day - is coffee.  Can't stand the smell of it.  I guess that's a good thing though cause baby doesn't need the caffeine. 

Mamasmith:  lol  Jellybeans!  That's just what I call my in utero babe... I wasn't really craving jellybeans.  Too much sugar for me! 

chicken3.gif    Wife to DH and Mama to five beautiful children,    Always remembering out Little Angel angel.gif we lost in Jan. 2004. 

teapot2.GIF, selectivevax.gif,winner.jpg,cd.gif,fambedsingle1.gifbftoddler.giffbbf.giffemalesling.GIF

#62 of 157 Old 02-02-2011, 02:27 PM

Okay... I'm back.  Somebody help me... I've a desperate cravi  ng for chocolate!!!!!!!!    I really don't want to go there though as that will set me on a horrible path of dietary destruction.  As it is I have to convince myself that the box of truffles we got for Christmas isn't really hiding at the back of the fridge - even though I know it's there.  banana.gifThat's right... go for the bananas instead... but somehow it's just not the same...   

chicken3.gif    Wife to DH and Mama to five beautiful children,    Always remembering out Little Angel angel.gif we lost in Jan. 2004. 

teapot2.GIF, selectivevax.gif,winner.jpg,cd.gif,fambedsingle1.gifbftoddler.giffbbf.giffemalesling.GIF

#63 of 157 Old 02-02-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matyja View Post

Okay... I'm back.  Somebody help me... I've a desperate cravi  ng for chocolate!!!!!!!!    I really don't want to go there though as that will set me on a horrible path of dietary destruction.  As it is I have to convince myself that the box of truffles we got for Christmas isn't really hiding at the back of the fridge - even though I know it's there.  banana.gifThat's right... go for the bananas instead... but somehow it's just not the same...   

Mmmmm chocolate and bananas!  Mmmm chocolate dipped bananas!  ROTFLMAO.gif Personally, I would never deny myself some chocolate.  I think babies need it.  lol

Yea, and what's the deal with mustard?  It's so absolutely wonderful.  I'm always so confused though:  Do I want plain yellow or spicy?  I love them both for for entirely different reasons.  At this particular moment though, I easily want yellow mustard.  The flavor is amazing.  Mmmmm!  

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#64 of 157 Old 02-02-2011, 05:41 PM

Mustard is truly, truly amazing. And I am truly insane.

I'm a little sad because my most favorite lunch recently has been turkey and provolone  on a pumpernickel bagel with (wait for it) the most amazing honey mustard sauce in the world. Its got just the right delicious mix of tang and sweetness :) Unfortunately, said bagel shop is all the way across town and is about $10 to get a bagel and a drink, which is kind of absurd. Especially if you consider the fact that I spent about $20 bucks on two bagels and two lemonades and about 45 minutes in traffic last week. And then add to the fact that I'm really just going there for honey mustard sauce :) So DH decided  he'd buy me  pumpernickel bread, turkey and provolone and even went out of his way to find some  special deli honey mustard just so I can eat these sandwiches whenever I want. Well the honey mustard is all wrong. I want no parts of any of it, can't even eat the bread if it touched the honey mustard.

I'm clearly growing a picky little beast in my belly, lol

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

#65 of 157 Old 02-03-2011, 04:38 AM

Matyja- Eat almonds!  Your body is low on magnesium when you crave chocolate.  If you start eating almonds daily, you won't have anymore chocolate cravings.  I promise!  It's the only way I got through it on my last diet.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#66 of 157 Old 02-03-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanHippie View Post

Matyja- Eat almonds!  Your body is low on magnesium when you crave chocolate.  If you start eating almonds daily, you won't have anymore chocolate cravings.  I promise!  It's the only way I got through it on my last diet.

Now that's too ironic... before I even sat down at the computer this morning, I found my stash of almonds, popped open the can and have been nibbling on them.  They're yummy that's for sure.  I didn't know there was a connection between chocolate, magnesium and almonds.  That's good info.  Unfortunately, for me there's a downside to eating almonds and it's that they give me a headache - almost like a migraine.  So... I'll have some, but not every day cause I can do without the headaches.

#67 of 157 Old 02-03-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanHippie View Post

Cousin's is just like any other sub sandwich shop really.  It's just the special chipotle mayo I crave.  They only carry it once or twice a year. 

I would give an arm for Jelly Belly jelly beans today.  Unfortunately, we're snowed in.  15' high drifts etc.  Everything is shut down.  Luckily, I have enough eggs and string cheese to make it until tomorrow.  thumb.gif

Speaking of Jelly Beans. I live relatively close to the jellybelly factory and have never been there before. jaw.gif Shocking...I know. Field trip may need to be arranged, I'm feeling the sour jelly bellies!

winner.jpgFormer WIC Peer Breastfeeding Counselor (2005-2011) now SAHM to bouncy.gif DD (8/2003), thumbsuck.gif DD (8/2008homebirth.jpg ), mate to jammin.gif since 07/2000. Expecting Baby Roo Mid July 2011!  stork-suprise.gifcd.gif

#68 of 157 Old 02-04-2011, 08:08 AM

You're by the "real" Jelly Belly factory!  I'm jealous!  We have a JB "factory," but it's really a warehouse. The tour is watching videos while you sit on a "train" and drive around the warehouse.  Lame!  I haven't been there since they had the Harry Potter jelly beans, which flavors included ear wax and vomit.  No, I am NOT kidding.  They even kept a garbage can near the little sample area to throw up in.  It was horrific.  I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#69 of 157 Old 02-04-2011, 09:20 AM

Vomit and ear wax jelly beans...   I think I just lost my appetite.   grossedout.gif

#70 of 157 Old 02-04-2011, 09:44 AM

Oooh yea, the Harry Potter Jelly Belly's - So gross!  I bought a box once for my husband.  He's brave and ate, er...sampled, a bunch of them.  He said that they were quite authentic.  Eww.  puke.gif

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#71 of 157 Old 02-04-2011, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)

mmmm....sour jelly bellys.....

;-)

#72 of 157 Old 02-14-2011, 11:09 AM

stillheart.gif  Happy Valentine's Day  joy.gif to all the Mamas!  Anyone having any special heart day treats/indulgences?  We made choc. dipped strawberries - it's become a V'Day traditon here.  BUT I'm back on the pickle crave as well, which is kinda weird cause I thought I was done with major cravings.  Oh and lettuce... give me lots and lots of iceberg lettuce.   

#73 of 157 Old 02-14-2011, 01:04 PM

Eating dinner out last night (early Valentine's Day for us) was interesting.  I absolutely cannot stand burgers, Mexican food, or Italian food right now.  I was looking at the menu like uhhh what AM I going to want to eat?  I ended up having a mediocre french dip sandwich.  Blah.

I'm not enjoying any chocolaty treats today.  I did have one Hershey's Kiss and it tasted like wax.  I think I've become accustomed to my homemade chocolate bars.  The cheap stuff isn't cutting it anymore.

#74 of 157 Old 02-14-2011, 01:20 PM

Mmmm homemade chocolate bars!  That sounds awesome.  I'm addicted to Cadbury Eggs.  They're soooo good.  Unfortunately DS thinks so too so I have to battle him for them. I'm not even sure why DS likes them.  He saw them and started freaking out...All I can think is he remembered them from last Easter, which would be crazy because he was like 14 months old last Easter.

Hmmm....I'm thinking I haven't been having any cravings lately.  Interesting.  I've been TOTALLY turned off of ground meat, especially ground beef.  Not sure why, because I can eat meat and beef in other forms, but ground meat is disgusting.

Oh, I suppose I am still craving that orange cream soda, but there's nothing I can do about that.  I will indulge every once in a while, but it's just too pricey for how fast I drink it.  I swear I could drink the whole 4 pack in 10 minutes.  Oh it's so amazing. 

#75 of 157 Old 02-14-2011, 08:18 PM

Blueberries and whipped cream...

#76 of 157 Old 02-14-2011, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My baby apparently wants me to feed it baby food, because I have been eating a jar of applesauce or tropical fruit sauce about every two days for the last month. I don't feel bad about that, though - at least it's healthy, and a good way to get fruit in the winter. 

I've also been craving pasta and gelato. I think it's because we got pregnant on our honeymoon in France and Italy, so the first thing the baby experienced was Italian food. :)

#77 of 157 Old 02-15-2011, 04:52 AM

I agree that ground beef is disgusting.  That's why I won't eat hamburgers.  The look, the feel, the smell, everything about it is just revolting.

#78 of 157 Old 02-15-2011, 10:31 PM

I just tell my older kids that they're eating cow or pig or whatever the animal is at the time.  I haven't eaten red meat in about 15 years, can't stand the smell of it cooking, or the smell of turkey cooking for that matter, even though I'll eat turkey/chicken/fish. 

Definately NOT craving any meat products these days, so really have to get creative with protein choices.  Am able to tolerate yogurt in small doses again, which I couldn't stand for the first trimester. 

Still an unbelieveable yearning for pickles and found the best ones at Costco... so tiny and crunchy and garlicky - yummy!  What is it in the pickles do you think - that baby likes? 

#79 of 157 Old 02-20-2011, 11:22 AM

My latest thing has been Thomas's English Muffins toasted crunchy with lots of butter. I generally don't eat white bread, but my uncle was visiting and brought some. They're kind of family-wide comfort food, and since then, it's 2-3 packages a week! At least they stopped making them with hydrogenated oils and corn syrup. Yummm. Maybe I'll go make one now.

And, it's all about bacon. Every morning. I haven't eaten bacon in years either. Usually it bothers my stomach. But now it's bacon with breakfast and sometimes BLT for lunch. Yum.

I desperately want to eat ice cream, either vanilla or strawberry, but my body doesn't react well, so I have to avoid that one. Darn.

Amanda, DW to Drew, mom to Ella, 7, Gardner, 2, homesteading on the edge of the continent on the Lost Coast.
mdcblog5.gif California Homesteading, http://eastmillcreek.blogspot.com

#80 of 157 Old 02-20-2011, 11:58 AM

Ahhh yes, the English muffin stage.  One day I ate 5 of them.  LOL.  Yum!  I'm dying for some Triscuits, pizza sauce, and cheese though.  And a chocolate shake made with real ice cream and whole, raw milk.  AAAAHHH!  I may have to go back out to the store today...

#81 of 157 Old 02-21-2011, 11:18 AM

Yesterday went grocery shopping with DH and bought two litre carton of fresh o.j.   Drank two full glasses of it right in the parking lot (the lady at the checkout was so sweet and gave me a cup when she knew I was craving it!).  By the time we got home and unloaded the groceries, and while getting dinner made, I'm sure I drank almost the entire carton.  I know it's not empty yet, which is why I say almost.  But MAN I was craving it bad! 

What's that all about????   

#82 of 157 Old 02-22-2011, 06:49 PM

OK, so i had a craving for powdered donuts once, and now DH thinks he needs to bring some home every time he stops at the gas station...it's like once a week.  Don't get me wrong, I like powdered donuts but I don't need THAT many...and I don't want to tell him when he brings them home because he's being sweet, but then I forget to tell him later until I'm reminded when they show up again...ugh

#83 of 157 Old 02-23-2011, 05:21 AM

matyja - That's really funny about the orange juice.  I like how the cashier even gave you a cup.  I'm not sure what the craving could mean, but that happens to me every once in a while, although not lately.  Orange juice is soooo wonderful!

Narleegates - That's cute of your DH to do, but I can understand your prediciment!  For me, once I eaten the random craving one or two times, the craving is fulfilled. 

I had a random craving for French Cruller style donuts, so I got two on my way to work this morning.  They are SO good!  Yum!  Only good when they're really fresh though.  They remind me of a sweet version of Yorkshire Pudding (a type of airy eggy roll)...Brilliant tasting. 

I'm also addicted to avocados and strawberries.  Holy cow...I think I could eat pounds of each of them every day.  Too bad they're so pricey (the organic strawberries I just got were $6 for a carton! bigeyes.gif). 

#84 of 157 Old 02-23-2011, 07:57 AM

Oh orange juice, I love thee so!  I could drink a gallon a day!  Actually pretty much all juice or bubbly juice drinks sound really good to me lately.  DH and I went to a fancy restaurant a few weeks ago and they made me a non-alcoholic raspberry mojito and now I want one everyday!  I'm trying to sate my cravings with real fruit but it's so crappy this time of year it just doesn't have the juiciness I'm looking for!

And I still want Mexican food all the time!  I eat scrambled eggs on corn tortillas with cheese, salsa, and sour cream 3-4 times a week for breakfast and I could eat nachos everyday!  I'm dreading the heartburn...

#85 of 157 Old 02-23-2011, 09:03 AM

Mmmm nachos are soooo good!  Every time I eat them, with each deliciously spicy bite, I think "Please no heartburn, please no heartburn."  Maybe if I say it now, it'll hold true later?  haha Couldn't hurt anyway. 

#86 of 157 Old 02-23-2011, 09:14 AM

I've been eating super hot homemade chili with tortilla chips, but now it's all gone.  I've moved onto Triscuit pizzas, but I can quickly see this phase ending quickly.  I also drank a big jug of juice (grapefruit though) over the course of the last 24 hours.  I haven't been able to drink milk (I froze our raw milk and now it's like... icky) so I had to quench my thirst somehow.

Today I'm sick with a head cold and the only thing that really sounds good is chicken noodle soup.

#87 of 157 Old 02-23-2011, 12:41 PM

tourist:  I had the avacado craving (with tomatoes on alfalfa sprouts) about two months ago.  I'm past it now.  I also think I've maxed out on eggs and wonder if it's given me this mysterious rash around my neck...  Not whole eggs, just the liquid egg whites that you can buy in a carton.  I'm going to experiement and stop that for a while and see if it doesn't clear up the rash.

At the moment I'm having rye crackers with nutella and peanut butter.  yeah.. so yummy I know!  BUT I try not to think about the calories and just enjoy it.  I know I'll be having apples later so it's a balance thing in my book.  headscratch.gif

And who mentioned nachos???  Now I want some!    

#88 of 157 Old 02-24-2011, 05:20 AM

matyja - I wish I could get past the avocado craving.  At this point I'm just going to have to classify it as an addiction because I've been craving them for probably 2 years, and it shows no signs of going away.  I could literally peel and eat several avodados at a time.  They are amazing.  Sorry to hear about that rash, I hope it clears up soon.  Random skin issues are never cool.

#89 of 157 Old 03-02-2011, 09:39 AM

I could kill for a Chick-fil-a chicken sandwich and a chocolate milkshake.  Oh, and homemade strawberry shortcake!  Not that I will be having any of these things, but I really, REALLY want them!

#90 of 157 Old 03-02-2011, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
strawberry quik, please.

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page