Mothering Forum banner

Movement!

1K views 31 replies 24 participants last post by  greenmama66 
#1 ·
I've wondered a few times over the past week if I was feeling this little one, but last night it was undeniably the baby moving around. I had jeans on (kind of tight right across baby area) and was sitting down and leaning over to help a child with something. Baby did not like being squished.
lol.gif
I am almost 12 weeks. I'm excited and terrified since the only other child I felt this early is a very spirited child. Both a delight and terror, she's so darn stubborn and inquisitive. My last child I felt later than any of my others at 18+ weeks and he's the most laid back baby you ever did see. I knew early on he was going to be easy going by the way he was in utero.

Who else is feeling baby already?

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow! That's so exciting! I'm not quite 8w yet, so definitely no movement here
winky.gif
, but with DS, I felt him at 11w6d. At first, I was convinced it couldn't really be what I was feeling, especially since he was my first, but it became pretty clear after a while. And...he's definitely very active, even now. But I was also really skinny with him. This time, I'm guessing it'll be a little bit longer before I feel anything because I still had a little bit of a pooch from my last pregnancy
redface.gif

#3 ·
I've felt it one time about 9-1/2 weeks...but nothing since. I think I was laying JUST right and squished baby a bit. It was like little bubbles that didn't go anywhere. And right in the same vicinity of where the heartbeat usually is. I was SO excited! I didn't feel DS for sure until 23 weeks because of an anterior placenta muffling everything. He had to karate chop me to get my attention! Oh, and then he kept it up like crazy! I totally hear you on the personality in utero carrying forward! I don't think he's stopped moving since then!! Can't wait to feel this little one again!!

#4 ·
OMG! Congrats on the quickening!!! I'm jealous!

I am only 9 weeks so I don't expect to feel movement anytime soon. With my first I didn't feel him move until 21 weeks (anterior placenta) and it was very frustrating because it seemed everyone in my DDC felt theirs first! I'm hoping to feel my LO kicking sooner this time--but I guess we'll just see.
smile.gif

#6 ·
Congratulations, that's so exciting!

I felt some movement tonight while sitting and decorating cookies, I'm 12 weeks tomorrow. I've felt movement with all of my pregnancies around 12-13 weeks. It really helps make the pregnancy seem more "real".

#7 ·
I felt some fluttering last week but I thought it was just in my mind heeehee but then I felt it again a few days later and again, so im thinking its our little poppyseed ♥ I seem to feel it when im laying down...

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Katie~ View Post
It really helps make the pregnancy seem more "real".
Definitely! I've had a really hard time getting excited about this pregnancy, it was very unplanned. But the movement now is definitely helping me to actually want to meet this child some day.

#9 ·
I keep thinking that I do feel the baby but I am only 9w5d. I felt each child earlier but the earliest at 14 weeks. So it might be something else. I would not worry about the character thing.My first was so docile in utero I had to shake her around to make sure she was still alive. She is physically inactive but has a stubborn and strong willed character. My boys on the other had were soccer players in side my belly and were much more relaxed.

#10 ·
Even with the throwing up and waist-line thickening I still wasn't convinced. I had two losses in the Spring and had a really hard time convincing myself that this would be a successful pregnancy and that the baby was okay. I think it's still not totally sunk in that yes this IS real, I think once we hear a heartbeat I'll relax a bit.

My DS was really inactive in-utero. He would have his active moments but had to be encouraged to move, he was just really comfortable in there. Laine was constantly rocking and rolling, we felt movement on the OUTSIDE at 15 weeks with her. They are both extremely active, strong-willed, fiery-natured children.

#11 ·
Congrats!

Haven't felt the baby yet, and kinda hoping I don't for some time as it seems to be a good indication of how they'll be once they're here. I didn't feel our first daughter move until 20+ weeks and she is the most laid back child in the world. However, the other two I felt quite a bit earlier and they are much more spirited.

#13 ·
I've been thinking I'm feeling those first flutters, but I've been talking myself out of it and saying it's gas. lol I'll be 11 weeks on Thursday, so this seems really early to me.

#14 ·
congratulations! I will be 10w this week, and if there was a chance of feeling something, it is masked by the gas
blush.gif

I love feeling the baby move! It's like a personal conversation no one else could ever join!

#15 ·
I am 9wks 3days and am convinced I felt the baby move for the first time today:) Went back and checked and with my first I felt him kick at 11 wks 6days. I was lying down in that half awake half asleep place and started to feel a flutter that happened again and then again when I got up to pee (had a VERY full bladder). Makes the baby so much more real. Just fell in love a little bit today:)

#16 ·
I think I felt the baby move a few times now. I am 13 1/2 weeks and this would be way earlier than I have ever felt movement but I am pretty sure it was baby.

#17 ·
Congrats on all those feeling movement!! I'm jealous, LOL. With my 1st I didn't feel him until 23 weeks (and he is a firecracker and has been since he was born) With #2 I had an anterior placenta (and guessing I also did with #1) and felt her at 19 weeks. So going by that I don't expect to feel anything for a bit yet (I'm 12 weeks now) Also, this time they told me my uterus is retroverted (can that be different from pregnancy to pregnancy? no one ever mentioned it before) so not sure if that will affect when I feel the bean move or not. I'll definitely rest easier once I can feel regular movement.

#18 ·
I know this thread is really old but I'm excited to share. I'm 11w2d today and am now sure that what I've been feeling for the last few days (maybe even a week or more) is movement. I've felt very obvious clusters of little flutters. It's definitely not gas and definitely not uterine stretching or round ligament pain.
biggrinbounce.gif

#19 ·
Hurray for baby flutters! This is one of my favorite parts of pregnancy
love.gif

Yesterday morning everybody was able to see and feel kicks, that seems to be when the baby is most active. I have to lay on the couch with a full bladder but we seem to feel kicks best on the upper right and lower left side. I pressed my three year old's hand on my belly and he got the biggest grin when the baby kicked back.

#21 ·
I'm 11 wks today, and it's my first pregnancy, so i don't even know what movement feels like, BUT i have been getting what feel like muscle spasms in my tummy the past week or so, I'm not convinced it's baby, but i DO believe the baby is giving me the hiccups very very often

#22 ·
I have been feeling movement a lot this last week! I am 15 weeks and thought it was just gas but now I think it is movement. With DS I was 20 weeks and thought I hadn't felt him yet. My midwife explained what movement felt like and I went, "Oh!...That is what I have been feeling for two weeks!" I felt DD at 12 weeks. Anyone else feeling anything? I am worried this will be a wiggly little bugger!
smile.gif

#23 ·
Well, I originally posted when I was almost 12 weeks and felt movement for the first time with this LO. But then I hardly felt the babe for a few weeks. But this past week (16 weeks on Monday) I've been feeling the LO moving like crazy. Many times a day now, there is movement. It's still very subtle so I have to be paying attention, but it's definitely there.

#24 ·
joy.gif
How great! I can't wait til' I'm feeling those movements regularly!! I'm just 14 weeks now and feeling them sporatically (usually right before bed, w/a full bladder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheelimama View Post

Well, I originally posted when I was almost 12 weeks and felt movement for the first time with this LO. But then I hardly felt the babe for a few weeks. But this past week (16 weeks on Monday) I've been feeling the LO moving like crazy. Many times a day now, there is movement. It's still very subtle so I have to be paying attention, but it's definitely there.

#25 ·
I'm 12w today. I've been feeling movement for at least a week, maybe two. I was getting a little nervous because I didn't really feel much movement yesterday or the day before. Today I have on a pair of maternity pants with the low rise elastic waistband. It gets pretty tight. I actually don't understand what's supposed to be so great about these kinds of waists. It's quite uncomfortable to me. Anyway, I was sitting on the couch in a way that made the waistband very tight just below my belly. I felt the baby kicking or hitting or pushing away. Guess she doesn't like the tight waistband either. LOL

#26 ·
I thought I felt some thumps at around 12 weeks, but then nothing for awhile, but the past 4 days or so, I have been getting some really good kicks and rolls. I am almost 15 weeks. I have to remember though to STAY CALM if I don't feel the baby for a couple days. It's hard to do but I always go through this every pregnancy and I'm a nervous wreck when I don't feel the baby every day during the quickening stage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.