I think I'm going to have to move to Aug :( - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 12-17-2010, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So today was my first appointment with my OB.  She did a quick bedside US and the crown rump length only measured 7weeks 1day.  It's not THAT far off, but according to LMP I should be 7+6 or 8 today.  My cycles were averaging 34 days and I think I was generally ovulating around 14-15days.  Plus, there are only 2 days that we had sex- Nov 4 and 6.  Anyway, I'm wondering if they'll change my due date to early Aug or if they'll wait for the 12week US. Any thoughts?  Im still hoping for a July baby though!

Jenica- Wife to R & mama to C 8/27/09, my little blonde bombshell and D 7/23/11, whom we love so much we gave him an extra chromosome      cd.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIF

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-17-2010, 01:35 PM

Using LMP to date a pg is very unreliable. Those dates are based on a 28 day cycle with O on cd14 and an lp of 14 days. Most women actually do not have 28 day textbook cycles. The normal lp length can be anywhere from 10-16 days. If your cycles have been 34 days long, that means you most likely Oed sometime between cd18 and cd24. That would put your true 40w EDD at least 4 days later than what would be calculated using lmp.

I chart so I know I didn't O and, therefore, conceive until Nov 6, which makes my 40w EDD July 30. I'm 7w6d. By my lmp, I would be 8w6d and my EDD would be July 23.

A measurement of 7w1d for you right now doesn't mean that's exactly where you are, either. Those measurements can be off by a week or more. My OB has consistently measured my baby ahead. It started out a week ahead and has slowly gotten closer to the actual GA. So I wouldn't worry about that. Your baby will come when s/he is ready regardless of your EDD anyway. I find it best not to focus on a specific date but more a range so I don't get stressed over it.

CarrieCo likes this.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#3 of 4 Old 12-17-2010, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

yea, If I use an online calculator that lets me lengthen my LP to 16 days, even though I never really knew when I O'd, just when I suspected O based on cervical and mucous signs.  I'm not too stressed about it since i know babe will come when it's ready.  I'm just hoping it's ready in time for a Ruby instead of a Peridot ;)

Jenica- Wife to R & mama to C 8/27/09, my little blonde bombshell and D 7/23/11, whom we love so much we gave him an extra chromosome      cd.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIF

#4 of 4 Old 12-17-2010, 04:51 PM

Hehe...Like I said, my edd is July 30 but I'm hoping for August 2nd. I have always gone at least one day past my due date so it could happen.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page