Dad's Symptoms and Attitude - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-18-2010, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband is a very sensitive man and whenever I am pregnant and I am suffering from m/s and would need his support, he is instead suffering alongside me. He is extremely tired, unmotivated, kinda depressed and has prostate issues (I assume because it is in the same general region as my uterus). I am wondering if this is couvade syndrome or if this is an attention issue (as in I get more attention and he can not take it). It is quite hard to constantly hear how badly he is doing while I am stricken with morning sickness.

Anyone else of you have a similar experience?

Barbara, Mama to Isabel (06/2004), Jake (08/2006-03/2007), Noah (01/2008), and Matteo (07/2011) 
Please always research the safety of vaccines even if your doctor tells you they are harmless! novaxnocirc.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 12-19-2010, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

No preggo symptoms from DH but hugs for you! hug.gif How challenging to need to comfort DH when you're wanting to be comforted.

DH is coping w/my lack of motivation/help, but doesn't seem all to thrilled about the extra work (especially since he's being worked pretty hard at his job due to all this rain!). irked.gif

winner.jpgFormer WIC Peer Breastfeeding Counselor (2005-2011) now SAHM to bouncy.gif DD (8/2003), thumbsuck.gif DD (8/2008homebirth.jpg ), mate to jammin.gif since 07/2000. Expecting Baby Roo Mid July 2011!  stork-suprise.gifcd.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page