Hi All, Just Chiming In - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-18-2010, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Not sure how much time I'll have to surf along with y'all. I spent a lot of time on MDC when my oldest was little and still napping ;) but now, I'm a busy momma.

Due around 7/8/11, #2, we're really excited. I'm enjoying reading everyone's thoughts.

Wishing all you ladies who are feeling totally crappy to feel better...I've been given good advice from many midwives over the years, because I have a vomiting phobia, that the key to feeling decent during 1st trimester is to always keep something in your stomach. I tend toward low blood sugar anyway, so I snack all the time and make myself get up and eat in the  middle of the night, and also first thing before I even get out of bed. From bedtime to breakfast for me is almost 11 hours, and that is TOO LONG for me to go without eating! It doesn't seem to matter sometimes, but most of the time I feel alright. I'm grateful for that. I also notice that any stress totally makes the nausea worse. It seems to tighten up my stomach. 

I have thought I've felt the little bean a few times in the middle of the night. I thought I was nuts till I read messages from the rest of you, that was helpful! Now I believe I have felt it. That is so FUN!

Anyhow, looking forward to following you all, wishing you and your babies healthy pregnancies, and wishing you all a quick arrival in the second trimester!!

Amanda

Amanda, DW to Drew, mom to Ella, 7, Gardner, 2, homesteading on the edge of the continent on the Lost Coast.
mdcblog5.gif California Homesteading, http://eastmillcreek.blogspot.com

#2 of 4 Old 12-18-2010, 05:25 PM

Welcome and congrats.  Wishing you a lovely, peaceful, healthy pregnancy.

Lisa (39), DH (51), SDS (29), DD (8/29/01), DD (8/22/03), DS (8/3/06), an angel named Xan angel1.gif, who went home on 12/18/10 and now a new bundle of joy due 05/24/13 stork-suprise.gif.

#3 of 4 Old 12-19-2010, 12:21 PM

Congrats mama! I'm due the week after you.

I too have a phobia of vomiting so I've avoided it thus far! Let's hope we can ride out the rest of this trimester w/out being sick! praying.gif

Wishing you a happy/healthy pregnancy!! biggrinbounce.gif

winner.jpgFormer WIC Peer Breastfeeding Counselor (2005-2011) now SAHM to bouncy.gif DD (8/2003), thumbsuck.gif DD (8/2008homebirth.jpg ), mate to jammin.gif since 07/2000. Expecting Baby Roo Mid July 2011!  stork-suprise.gifcd.gif

#4 of 4 Old 12-23-2010, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Yay, a fellow emetiphobe! Yesteday was my worst day yet. BUt I think maybe I had a minor stomach bug, feeling a little better today.wishing you a great pregnancy too, Inkedstar :)

Amanda, DW to Drew, mom to Ella, 7, Gardner, 2, homesteading on the edge of the continent on the Lost Coast.
mdcblog5.gif California Homesteading, http://eastmillcreek.blogspot.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page