Is this your last baby? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-20-2010, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This will be LO#2 and it might be the last one.  We haven't totally ruled out 3, but we always agreed on 2 before we started having kids.  So I'm treating this like it's the last one just in case it is.  I'm not sure how I feel about it.  I CANT imagine not being pregnant again, but if I picture 10 years down the road loading up the family truckster, there's generally only 2 kiddos in the back.  I figure we'll know what to do when we get there, but it makes me want to cherish every day of this pregnancy- just in case.

Jenica- Wife to R & mama to C 8/27/09, my little blonde bombshell and D 7/23/11, whom we love so much we gave him an extra chromosome      cd.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIF

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2010, 02:47 PM

This is #4 for us and we are most definitely done after this one. We were supposed to be done at 3 and this one was a big surprise. 

AP crunchy homeschooling mama to Henning (1/4/03), Connor (7/1/05) and Elijah (9/21/08) Forever holding my 3 lost little ones in my heart.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:05 PM

YES.  This is definitely our last one.  We have 2 living children and we thought we were done... DH even has his appointment for a vasectomy all lined up... a moment of indiscretion and VOILA!  I am pregnant!  So, yes, we are done after this.  Thank goodness for breastfeeding and cloth diapering.. we should get out of child-rearing (the early years at least) pretty inexpensively in comparison to some of my friends. 

Although this was a huge surprise, I know we will be thrilled when the baby is born.

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
Old 12-20-2010, 03:15 PM

This will be baby #4 for us as well. We have three DDs, ages 1, 3 and 5 that we adore. This baby was a huge surprise for us. In the beginning of my pregnancy I was very sure I'd be having a tubal at delivery or soon after, but here lately I find myself changing my mind. I'd like to have a total of five children, but I don't see DH going along with that. DH was finished after the third one, so we'll see. I've already told him if anyone's getting cut it will be him. winky.gif

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:33 PM

We always planned on 2, and this will hopefully be our second.  (I say "hopefully" because despite a great ultrasound and doppler heartbeat confirmation I still don't feel certain.)  But after 3 years of infertility, I sort of can't imagine using birth control.  I doubt that we would get pregnant at all without really, really trying.  But then again, my RE really wants me to use an IUD for my endometriosis when we are done making babies, and it might be worth it if it works.  So yeah, all that to say, this is very likely to be our last.  I'm fine with that, really.  But I made peace years ago with the idea that DD might be our only, so this baby is really already my bonus child.  love.gif

Old 12-20-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no5no5 View Post

We always planned on 2, and this will hopefully be our second.  (I say "hopefully" because despite a great ultrasound and doppler heartbeat confirmation I still don't feel certain.)  But after 3 years of infertility, I sort of can't imagine using birth control.  I doubt that we would get pregnant at all without really, really trying.  But then again, my RE really wants me to use an IUD for my endometriosis when we are done making babies, and it might be worth it if it works.  So yeah, all that to say, this is very likely to be our last.  I'm fine with that, really.  But I made peace years ago with the idea that DD might be our only, so this baby is really already my bonus child.  love.gif

FWIW, I had to use fertility treatments to have all three of our DDs. I was told over and over there was absolutely no way I could conceive without fertility drugs and WHAM! I'm pregnant. The real kicker of our story though is that I was even on MicroNor... I guess #4 was just meant to be.

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:54 PM

Yes- i'll be in menopause before i look around!

Old 12-20-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlize View Post

FWIW, I had to use fertility treatments to have all three of our DDs. I was told over and over there was absolutely no way I could conceive without fertility drugs and WHAM! I'm pregnant. The real kicker of our story though is that I was even on MicroNor... I guess #4 was just meant to be.

Well, I won't complain if that happens to us.  thumb.gif

Old 12-20-2010, 08:36 PM

This is it for us-will be #3. I always wanted AT LEAST 2 and up to 4 kids, but both of the ones we have, while of course are absolutely wonderful, are high needs, non-sleeping, high strung, refluxy kiddos. DH and I had been "discussing" a third (I wanted the 3rd, he didn't) and I was JUST starting to think maybe 2 was enough when whammo! I got pg. So....this LO was meant to be I guess.

I will also be 40 in less than 2 months and I'm just too tired to even consider doing this AGAIN-not sure how I'm gonna do it this time.

Kelly, wife to DH, mom to Caden Reese (10-2-06), Tessa Brynn (12-26-08 ), and Maddox Quinn (7-16-11). Fur-mama to Finnegan, Ripley, Raisin (my little kitty amputee) and Kimchi. 748/2011, 2028/2012-I did it!! 2023/2013-Again!!! 404/2014
Old 12-20-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssatuininga View Post

This is #4 for us and we are most definitely done after this one. We were supposed to be done at 3 and this one was a big surprise. 

I could have definitely written this word for word, haha. Daddy's getting a vasectomy for Chrimmus! We are super thrilled, though; we've had a rocky ride so far already and were thrilled to have ultrasound confirmation of a good strong heartbeat today.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no5no5 View Post

Quote:

Well, I won't complain if that happens to us.  thumb.gif

I'm not complaining at all. I was ecstatic when I found out I was pregnant. DH... not so much. But he's getting excited now since we've almost hit the 12 week mark.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:41 AM

This the last baby for us.  We had always talked about not having any children and eventually I got honest with myself and decided I didn't want to not have kids.  Luckily my husband wasn't to difficult to sway, but I don't want to push him for more (but if he were to decide in a few years he wants more I'd be up for it).  Really, financially and logistically it makes more sense for our family to just have 4 people in it.  I am sad that I'll never get to be pregnant again though, which DH knows and thinks I'm going to want more babies after this one.  I'm really trying to enjoy every minute of this pregnancy because as far as I know, it's my last.

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

Old 12-21-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:

I'm not complaining at all. I was ecstatic when I found out I was pregnant. DH... not so much. But he's getting excited now since we've almost hit the 12 week mark.

I hope you didn't think that I was implying that you were complaining.  I didn't mean that at all. 

Old 12-21-2010, 08:37 AM

Probably. It's #4. It's almost impossible for me to imagine never having another baby after this one, but I think I'm reaching my personal capacity.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:14 PM

This is probably our last. We thought we were done after #2 but decided to have a third.

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

Old 12-21-2010, 09:02 PM

I hope this isn't our last one, but with the amount of fertility meds it took to have DS and now this little poppyseed, I have to be realistic. We will never go back to any type of birth control, so whatever happens will happen, but we would love to have 3 or 4.. or just 2 - we're so lucky to have our little miracle and this little miracle cooking :)

Serena - married to Jason, mom to Sebastian (b.12.22.2008) and Poppy (b.07.07.2011) ♥

Old 12-22-2010, 04:30 AM

YES, this will be my last! I said that after Jake but when he died I changed my mind quickly. But I was totally done when I found out I was pregnant this time. And as hyperfertile my husband and I am I believe we will take some permanent meassures.

Barbara, Mama to Isabel (06/2004), Jake (08/2006-03/2007), Noah (01/2008), and Matteo (07/2011) 
Please always research the safety of vaccines even if your doctor tells you they are harmless! novaxnocirc.gif

Old 12-22-2010, 05:47 AM

If all goes well, I think this baby will complete our family as well. As much as I would love to have bunches of them, a big old family gathered around a table when they're all old and grown, we're trying to be realistic about money and time and hopefully me getting back to work or school or something so after this little bean is here we will probably be done. I'm looking forward to holding him/her and saying, "this is our family!" 

Mama to one darling and wild 3 year old, and growing a tiny new June Bean.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:56 AM

This is baby #4 for us and will have to be our last. I am not opposed to having more, but with upcoming long deployments in the years ahead, I think I have reached my limit as far as how many kids I can take care of alone. 4 will be a handful for me, but I can do it. Come next year I'll have a 10 year old, 3 year old, 1 year old and newborn. I got this. *flexes muscles*

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

Old 12-22-2010, 10:22 AM

Yes I am pretty certain #2 will be our last. We'd both love to have 3 one day, but realistically we don't have the money, time, or help to handle 3 little ones at one time and I'm not young enough to wait to have a 3rd. And to be brutally honest, unlike others who've responded I don't love the pregnancy and breastfeeding period. If I thought we could handle 3 of course I would do it but were pretty much done at 2.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:33 PM

Well, we said we were definitely done when we were pregnant last time with #4.  We were certain of it.  But once he was here, neither one of us was ready to take the final step of getting a vasectomy.  I think we've decided we'll probably never take any permanent measures.  So we'll very likely have more, but we certainly won't be trying, in fact, we'll very much be avoiding.  

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
Old 12-22-2010, 07:14 PM

Yes, this is #4 for me, #3 for dh and we are definitely done. DH was done after our 1st together because he only wanted 2 kids and counted my ds from a previous relationship. I convinced him to agree to have a 3rd because I wasn't done but was sure I'd be done after that. I found that right after I gave birth to #3 I wanted another. Maybe that's because I've had 3 boys and am still trying for a girl. This one happened because I refused to use bc and I guess my dh doesn't have any self-control. LOL

I knew we'd be done after this one because I'll be 41 when this one is born. Adding on the 3 years it seems to take my body to be able to sustain the next pg, I doubt we'll have time for another. I wasn't sure I wanted to be done, though, until I got pg with this one that seems like it might actually stick. But, yeah, after this one I feel like I'll have enough, boy or girl. My family will be complete.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 12-23-2010, 11:07 AM

I can't say 100% definitely for sure, but...yes, I think this is our last. I like the idea of our family being an even 4. I think I can handle 2 kids and still have the career I want, especially after these early years of breastfeeding, diapers, etc. are done. I want to be able to give everything I have to my kids without feeling I am sacrificing too much of myself, KWIM? More than 2 I think would be a strain on my sanity.

That said, it's hard to imagine this is really "it." Children are so wonderful! I can't rule out the possibility of a third, but if that happens I'd prefer it to be about 10 years in the future. (Then the first 2 can help babysit!) LOL!
Old 12-23-2010, 11:57 AM

This #2 is definitely it. I don't think i can stomach another 1st trimester. or 6-24 mos. it sounds selfish, but being phobic about nausea, and also the struggle I felt with DD when she was soooo dependent, i am not cut out to be a young-child mommy. I'm enjoying the older kid SO much more. But I've always seen two, and this little spirit has been courting me a long time. It feels like we go waaaay back. So I'm excited to welcome him, and then i'm ready to be done!

Amanda, DW to Drew, mom to Ella, 7, Gardner, 2, homesteading on the edge of the continent on the Lost Coast.
mdcblog5.gif California Homesteading, http://eastmillcreek.blogspot.com

Old 12-27-2010, 12:07 PM

This will be #4 and will be our last.  By the time I finish bfing, I'll probably be menopausal anyway.  But we never planned to have more than 4, and I'm tired.  DH is getting snipped when this one reaches 1 year.

Christine, mama to Ava (7.05), Alder (5.07), Sadie (2.09) and #4 due mid-July 2011! 
Old 12-27-2010, 12:27 PM

This is my last one and will be #3 for me but #2 for DH (first one together so we will have 4 all together). I thought I was done but DH has been such a great father to my children I thought it would be sad if we didn't get to experience this together. He really wanted one more so I agreed. I am so glad I chose to have one more because DH has been wonderful about all the nausea, sleeping, and crankiness. After this we are done!

User Tag List