Pelvic Fullness? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-21-2010, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi All. I'm 9 weeks today and I swear, I can feel my uterus in my pelvis. Like, I can't feel it from the outside, but I've been feeling increasing pelvic fullness for at least a week now. Does this sound right? I've been looking online and some sites say my uterus should be the size of an orange, which doesn't seem very big and I shouldn't be feeling "crowded" in there yet while others say my uterus is closer to the size of a large grapefruit or even a small canteloupe (so many fruits!) in which case I can imagine that a sense of pelvic fullness makes sense before my uterus rises out of my pelvis some. I imagine I'm also a bit, uh, backed up, but this is more than mere constipation. This is not my first pregnancy, but only my second time getting this far along (the first time being with my son), and I was so darn sick with him at this point I doubt I would've noticed a sensation like this. Now, I am on generic zofran and still nauseated, but not puking, so I can pay more attention to nuanced sensations. So, in short, I'm wondering if anyone else is feeling or felt a bit of pelvic fullness at this stage. It's not pain (although I do sometimes feel stretchy twinges), but definitely a sense of fullness. Thanks!

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)
#2 of 7 Old 12-21-2010, 01:50 PM

I would say it's pretty normal to start feeling "full." This is our fourth baby and I've been feeling like that. However, I also know from the ultrasounds that my uterus never shrunk down as much as it should have.

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

#3 of 7 Old 12-21-2010, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

I wonder if my uterus might be a bit enlarged, too, then.  My son wasn't born *so* long ago (he's 21.5-months-old) and I had two miscarriages this Fall, so maybe my uterus was already a bit bigger than baseline to begin with...

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)
#4 of 7 Old 12-22-2010, 06:07 AM

It could very well be enlarged then. The ultrasound tech told me that if you have your babies close together your uterus may not go down to "normal" size even with exclusive breastfeeding. I exclusively breastfed DD3 until 4 months (she was introduced to solids way before I wanted her to be thanks to her big sisters and grandmother.) But I still managed to nurse her until she was 13 months old. So I figured with all of that my uterus would've went back to normal size, but it didn't.

Of course, I have a 14 month old, 3 yo and 5 yo, so when would it have really had time to? I think by now I've probably tortured the poor thing.

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

#5 of 7 Old 12-22-2010, 08:03 AM

I'm 11 weeks today, and I have been able to feel my uterus for a couple weeks now. I had my last baby in January of this year and he was a biggun. My uterus was measuring at 42 weeks when I was 35 weeks. (I had polyhydramnios). He was born at 36 weeks and weighed 9 pounds, so my uterus was probably pretty blown out and enlarged going into this pregnancy lol. But yeah since you have been pregnant recently, I can see why it's totally possible to feel like your uterus is big already!

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

#6 of 7 Old 12-22-2010, 10:31 AM

It's very possible.  My uterus is already at the 14 week size (yet I'm just 10 weeks today).  This is my 5th baby though.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#7 of 7 Old 12-22-2010, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanHippie View Post

It's very possible.  My uterus is already at the 14 week size (yet I'm just 10 weeks today).  This is my 5th baby though.

Ditto except it's my 4th pregnancy. 

And I totally love feeling it from the outside. lol

Michelle SAHM to K (3/2004)  H (8/2006) P (7/2011) & we're missing Finley Jonas born still, July 27, 2010 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page