Maybe TMI...but who has a good sex appetite? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 01-04-2011, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

blush.gifBecause I did NOT with my first pregnancy, but I have a libido greater than I've ever had so far with this one...anyone have any insights? Those of you who have been pregnant with both boys and girls notice any pattern in your pregnancies?

I have to say, I'm enjoying it redface.gif

Amanda, DW to Drew, mom to Ella, 7, Gardner, 2, homesteading on the edge of the continent on the Lost Coast.
mdcblog5.gif California Homesteading, http://eastmillcreek.blogspot.com

#2 of 19 Old 01-04-2011, 04:27 PM

I had great drive with DS, although I cant remember when it started.  I have nada thing going for me right now, actually even worse than usual.  Which is odd, since I feel like the hormones of pregnancy are generally supposed to make it better, but dont quote me.  Anyway,  I'm wondering if it will pick up later once I'm not so tired. I say enjoy it to the max!!

Jenica- Wife to R & mama to C 8/27/09, my little blonde bombshell and D 7/23/11, whom we love so much we gave him an extra chromosome      cd.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIF

#3 of 19 Old 01-04-2011, 04:30 PM

I have, for the most part.

One book I read (I think Orgasmic Birth) says that boys increase your sex drive, because of their testosterone... I was single for most of my pregnancy with DS so I can't comment a whole lot on that, but I do know that with DD it was like ZERO.

doula, wife to Dave ribbonyellow.gif, mom to Noah (5/14/06) superhero.gifand Faith (11/13/08) ribbonlime.gif (Gastroschisis Awareness) 127 days in the NICU, and 6 weeks thousands of miles from home, because of gastroschisis.  Expecting #3 2ndtri.gif July 2011! computergeek2.gif www.frugallynatural.org
#4 of 19 Old 01-04-2011, 04:49 PM

I haven't noticed any difference as far as which gender child I'm carrying.  I have a great sex drive every time I'm pregnant and want it at least twice as much as normal.  It's awesome as long as you have a partner willing to help out with that (I do!)  I've also noticed that O's come easier and are more intense when I'm pregnant.  And there's one reason to keep having babies, who would want to live the rest of their lives without enjoying awesome pregnant sex?!?!

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#5 of 19 Old 01-04-2011, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have noticed an increase too 2whistle.gif It's just finding the time with both parents WOH, and a toddler. I had ZERO drive with DS.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#6 of 19 Old 01-04-2011, 05:45 PM

I'm actually trying to trick myself into believing that I do, for DHs sake, lol.

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

#7 of 19 Old 01-04-2011, 06:59 PM

Unfortunately I'm in the nada club as well though I'm seeing a slight increase in the urges.

With DD#2 my sex drive was insane, probably at least 4-6x a week (it's about 1-2x a week when not pregnant). And that was through the entire pregnancy. wink1.gif

Poor DH keeps trying and I'm just not in the mood. I think he's remembering howt he last pregnancy was and set his expectations high. orngbiggrin.gif

Orgasms were MUCH more intense and I truly felt the plentiful amount kept my uterus well toned (experienced lots of BH's after orgasm) and along with the RRL tea helped me in labor (DD's entire birth was -7 hrs, all stages).

winner.jpgFormer WIC Peer Breastfeeding Counselor (2005-2011) now SAHM to bouncy.gif DD (8/2003), thumbsuck.gif DD (8/2008homebirth.jpg ), mate to jammin.gif since 07/2000. Expecting Baby Roo Mid July 2011!  stork-suprise.gifcd.gif

#8 of 19 Old 01-05-2011, 04:39 AM

Well, DH and I have had sex FIVE TIMES in the past TWO YEARS.  How sad is that?  The first time, I got pregnant with DS. The last time, I got pregnant with this one.  He won't come near me.  It is sad really... what are the odds that I would get pregnant doing it that infrequently?  Apparently I am the most fertile person ever.  So my sex drive is pretty good but DH's isn't.  His vasectomy is in 2 weeks but it isn't like i will get pregnant again while I am already pregnant.. but whatever.

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#9 of 19 Old 01-05-2011, 06:40 AM

I think pregnancy sex is great!  I have noticed though, that I had amazing awesome quick O's when pregnant with my boys (2x).  Everything still feels better than normal when I've been pregnant with girls (also 2x), have just regular O's though- not the mind blowing ones.  I've been guessing I'm having a boy, but if I go by this theory it should be a girl.  I've read that pregnancy sex feels so good because the cervix is soft (kindof like when you ovulate, that's always great too!), interesting about the hypothesis on a boy's testosterone having an impact on the mother.  We should start some kind of poll to track it and see if it turns out to be true or not:) 

#10 of 19 Old 01-05-2011, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I feel like I really want to........but then I'm like "Eh, I'm really tired" and just want to lay down instead.eyesroll.gif

Maybe after the m/s is over, and we have some toddler free time we can get some action in! I do remember when I was preggo with dd, I was super duper into it and it was cool because I felt like a sex goddess and all my insecurities and inhibitions went out the window!!! Confidence really is sexy. Dh was pleased, toothumb.gif

Mama to oneone, and a brand new!
#11 of 19 Old 01-05-2011, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

well, there goes my theory, cuz several of you said you were really into it with your DD. I was, but could not get aroused, and could not get to orgasm. SO there you have it. But this time around, I'm into it, and I actually feel like i could have multiple orgasms if DH could keep up :) But anyway, this is so interesting! Keep writing!

Amanda, DW to Drew, mom to Ella, 7, Gardner, 2, homesteading on the edge of the continent on the Lost Coast.
mdcblog5.gif California Homesteading, http://eastmillcreek.blogspot.com

#12 of 19 Old 01-05-2011, 06:01 PM

When I was preggo with the boys I had a very high drive.  This time .... nothing.  My husband is disappointed because it was one thing he was looking forward to.  At least this is aligning with other moms statements and maybe  I will get a girl!!!! :D

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

#13 of 19 Old 01-06-2011, 02:22 PM

I'm in the nada club as well. For me, nada continued throughout my pregnancy with DS. With DD, in the last 1/3-1/2 it increased but it was always in the afternoon when DH wasn't home that I felt the urge. By the time he got home, dinner, and got DS to bed, I was down for the count, so DH did not receive any benefit from it.

He truly beleievs we are never having sex again. Ever.

Kelly, wife to DH, mom to Caden Reese (10-2-06), Tessa Brynn (12-26-08 ), and Maddox Quinn (7-16-11). Fur-mama to Finnegan, Ripley, Raisin (my little kitty amputee) and Kimchi. 748/2011, 2028/2012-I did it!! 2023/2013-Again!!! 404/2014
#14 of 19 Old 01-06-2011, 02:49 PM

Location: Basking In the Chaos of 4 Small Children Who Call Me Mom

I guess I'm kinda the odd one out. I am a nympho. Guess that's why I keep getting pregnant! pinktongue.gif What can I say? I LOVE my husband and he LOVES me!partners.gif

Brittanyfly-by-nursing2.gif Wife to Cedricblowkiss.gif (heartbeat.gif4-9-05heartbeat.gif) Mommy to: Gideon Edmundsuperhero.gifG.E.M.(2-1-07)stillheart.gif

Miscarried Isabelle Aurora2ndtri.gif I.A.M. (12-12-08) Lorelei Ariahwool.gifL.A.M.(1-14-10)stillheart.gif  Youtube.com/user/murillomania

Tabitha Ivy Esperanza babyf.gifT.I.E.M.(7-17-11) My First h20homebirth.gif  stillheart.gifPhineas Alexander Lyric babyboy.gifP.A.L.M.(3-30-13) rainbow1284.gifuc.jpg

#15 of 19 Old 01-06-2011, 03:16 PM

I love my husband, but I also love sleepwinky.gif

#16 of 19 Old 01-06-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelylisa View Post

I love my husband, but I also love sleepwinky.gif

yeahthat.gif  It's really difficult to find a balance even more now than before because I'm so gosh darn tired every second of every day!  I want to do it often though...probably about as much as when I was pregnant with DS, but it just doesn't seem to happen. 

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#17 of 19 Old 01-07-2011, 07:29 PM

For me, the more I do it, the more I want it.  The less I do it, the less I care about doing it ever again.  So I've made a conscious effort to take one for the team and it really kicked off the libido.  DH has been VERY happy.  lol.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#18 of 19 Old 01-09-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanHippie View Post

For me, the more I do it, the more I want it.  The less I do it, the less I care about doing it ever again.  So I've made a conscious effort to take one for the team and it really kicked off the libido.  DH has been VERY happy.  lol.

I'm totally going to try that. Tommorow night....after I get some sleep, I swear, lol

#19 of 19 Old 01-10-2011, 06:25 AM

I am in the nada club this time which is very unusual for me. With both my DS I loved sex but with my daughter I was not very interested. I have to say, though that my DH is not into sex right now at all. He has some prostate issue and his entire package just hurts, so for the past 2 months: nothing!

I am not that upset since I have really bad m/s. This is the longest we have gone in the past 15 years without sex.

Barbara, Mama to Isabel (06/2004), Jake (08/2006-03/2007), Noah (01/2008), and Matteo (07/2011) 
Please always research the safety of vaccines even if your doctor tells you they are harmless! novaxnocirc.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page