Nursing Mamas - Checking-In - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-24-2011, 08:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightswimming View Post

When does colostrum typically start to come in? I know it can be different for everyone...

I read somewhere it can be anywhere from 4-8 months pregnant, so, it varies hugely!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:

I am 25 weeks pregnant and my soon to be 3 year old son is still nursing to sleep, throughout the night, first thing in the morning, and during the day sparingly (when he doesn't feel well).  He had a stomach bug last week so stopped eating his regular amount of table food (and lost a little weither) atching more often and for longer because of that.  The past few nights I had to limit his nursing time because he was latched so often (and I was uncomfortable).  I am assuming he is getting something.

I am reading Adventures in Tandem Nursing and highly recommend it for anyone considering doing it.  I am learning a lot!

When does colostrum typically start to come in?  I know it can be different for everyone...

I read it cover to cover and I second the recommendation to read it but even if you're not planning to tandem. It has some good info in there about just adding another baby. I really liked it.

Jenica- Wife to R & mama to C 8/27/09, my little blonde bombshell and D 7/23/11, whom we love so much we gave him an extra chromosome      cd.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIF

Old 03-24-2011, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

DS (22 mos) weaned about a month ago.  He went from nursing 3x a day to being completely done in a two week period.  I was really thinking he'd keep going, but he went 4-5 days without asking to nurse at naptime, and when he asked after that, I offered water, which he happily took.  He then dropped the bedtime nursing too, and nursed once in the middle of the night for another week, and then started asking for water instead.  After a month of not asking, he asked last night, which threw me for a loop, but turned out he was hungry from skipping dinner, so he ate a banana & went back to sleep.

Loving life with DH DS1 (5/7/09) and DS2 (7/23/11)
Old 03-25-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicaleel View Post

Quote:

When does colostrum typically start to come in? I know it can be different for everyone...

I read somewhere it can be anywhere from 4-8 months pregnant, so, it varies hugely!

I think I have determined my colostrum came in...my son's poops are pretty loose and yesterday he had 4 dirty diapers (normally he has 2).  Also, today, after not nursing for weeks during the day he nursed 3-4 times.  I think he is enjoying the new taste.  Maybe he had only been comfort nursing (I couldn't tell if I was dry or if he was getting anything) until now and now that something is coming out he finds it much more beneficial.  I am also starving today...eating a lot but still hungry which makes me think that my body was not really making milk before and now that it is making colostrum it needs more calories.

Does this make any sense?  If I am producing colostrum which had him nurse 3-4 times today (and a lot the past 2 nights) is this a reason why my hunger increased dramatically today?  Or is this me just being pregnant?  

If anyone has any insight I would love it!  

User Tag List